Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger (1396 Views)

Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? / The Signpost At A Plantain Garden: "Steal With Joy & Die With Tears" (Photo) / How I Earn Over 1.4m Naira From 3 Hectares Castor Farm Without Lifting A Finger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger by bizz(m): 12:09am On Nov 28, 2016
What is a Plantain?

Plantains are a member of the banana family. They are a starchy, low in sugar variety that is cooked before serving as it is unsuitable raw. It is used in many savory dishes somewhat like a potato would be used and is very popular in Western Africa and the Caribbean countries. It is usually fried or baked.

Photo of plantainsPlantains are native to India and are grown most widely in tropical climates. Plantains are sometimes referred to as the pasta and potatoes of the Caribbean. Sold in the fresh produce section of the supermarket, they usually resemble green bananas but ripe plantains may be black in color. This vegetable-banana can be eaten and tastes different at every stage of development. The interior color of the fruit will remain creamy, yellowish or lightly pink. When the peel is green to yellow, the flavor of the flesh is bland and its texture is starchy. As the peel changes to brown or black, it has a sweeter flavor and more of a banana aroma, but still keeps a firm shape when cooked.

The plantain averages about 65% moisture content and the banana averages about 83% moisture content. Since hydrolysis, the process by which starches are converted to sugars, acts fastest in fruit of higher moisture content it converts starches to sugars faster in bananas than it does in plantains. A banana is ready to eat when the skin is yellow whereas a plantain is not ready to eat "out of hand" until hydrolysis has progressed to the point where the skin is almost black.

Plantains grow best in areas with constant warm temperatures and protection from strong winds. They have been grown in scattered locations throughout Florida since the 16th century. Because of the occasional freezes, Florida is considered a marginal area for plantain production. They are available year round in the supermarket.

Re: Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger by bizz(m): 12:10am On Nov 28, 2016
This is the breaking down......

For one acre of plantain Farmland
Plantain harvested 500 (3x3m spacing)
Market Woman Usually buy At Dozen which everybody knows 12 is A Dozen
Market Paid #7000-8000 Naira Just for a dozen

500รท12=41.7 round up to 50 bunches

7000-8000 is what market woman pays for one dozen...
Let's work with 7000
50x7000=350,000.00 Naira

This is the least you can get from your first harvest

There are other ways of multiplying your harvest....i will inform you in subsequent lectures
Re: Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger by achu442(m): 1:03am On Nov 28, 2016
interested. How do I partner with you?
Re: Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger by bizz(m): 2:06am On Nov 28, 2016
achu442:
interested. How do I partner with you?

You can reach me on whatsapp 08066431077 for more details

we will lease the land,set up the farm,plant,maintain etc for you and give it to you when your plantation is ready and you can watch as your investment grow.
If you would like us to handle sales,we will source for buyers for your produce

We are into the following
1.Plantain/Banana plantation
2.Snail rearing/Snail feeds
3.Catfish rearing and consultancy
4.Other areas coming soon but feel free to ask questions on other areas
Re: Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger by bizz(m): 8:38am On Nov 28, 2016
Good morning
Over 500 acres available
for those that contacted me,please check your inbox and whatsapp for reply
Re: Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger by Zeenozak(m): 8:54am On Nov 28, 2016
Re: Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger by vheckthor1: 10:11am On Nov 28, 2016
how much would it cost for 2 acres, and please share me your contact
Re: Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger by bizz(m): 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
vheckthor1:
how much would it cost for 2 acres, and please share me your contact

please send a message to 08066431077 or jaynebest383@gmail.com
Re: Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger by bizz(m): 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
Zeenozak:

ok message sent
Re: Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger by bizz(m): 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
Good evening
I just left the farm now
some pics coming soon

Re: Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger by TemiGrace77(f): 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2017
I am very much interested sir, and i've sent message to ur mail address now. Thanks as i await your response.
Re: Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger by Uvo11: 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hello. Good initiative. I do think though that you should have either written the introductory section yourself or excised it from a Nigeria focused document. The Florida references are not on at all, especially when you take into consideration the fact that we produce more plantain than they do.

I would have loved to see more detailed information upfront; the sort of that would enable someone like me take an informed decision. For instance:

1. A brief profile of your company including a physical location and website (if you have one); successful plantain projects that you have previously executed; any other relevant info.

2. The project.
(a) ownership of the 500 acres you are using for the project; is it yours or are you going to lease from the owners? If you are leasing from someone else, what is the guarantee that they would not renege on the agreement once the plantation takes shape?
(b) projected cost to subscribers for 1 acre of plantain plantation from inception to completion of first set of sales. And number of years the farm is expected to last since it's going to be on leased land.
(c) location of the land.

I expect that information on the above is the barest minimum that should be provided by you.

Please, consider taking a look at similar offers that have been made by some other people / organisations on Nairaland. You could pick up a thing or two from them to help you package your proposal better.

All the best!

(1) (Reply)

New Tricks Used By Scammers: Nigerians Be Warned!!! / Please Help: What Do You Suggest That I Plant On Newly Secured 4 Plots Of Land? / How Do I Sale My Cassava Newbie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.