Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) (6235 Views)

Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? / SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by MrMontella(m): 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Then swerve with your 4 wheeled ignorance drive
aiit..grin grin grin

Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by promise10: 1:20pm On Nov 28, 2016
MrMontella:
aiit..grin grin grin
happy dream.
Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by MrMontella(m): 1:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Christianity has a God that's why !!!!!!!!
Buddhism has no god !!!!
then he's not a buddhist... He's just practises meditation..like some christians practise yoga.. One cant be an atheist and worship allah..
Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by jonbellion(m): 1:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
promise10:

hey, hold it before you hardmirror person here.
do you know you are annoying
Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by MrMontella(m): 1:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
promise10:
here he goes....
oya switch to agnosticism
its you who labelled me an atheist.. The christian logic---all pro-gay activists are gay
KingEbukasBlog:
Raphiemontella
On the scale of 1-10 how certain are you God does not exist ?

raphieMontella:
a creator god 1 a personal god 7
a personal god from the ones around 9(religious)
modified...this is the best position i can relate myself to..
i am not an agnostic
Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by MrMontella(m): 1:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
promise10:
another dumb comment from a high IQed hardmirrored atheist.
there is a difference between God we refer as creator and creator?
hey, abeg tutor me. but, don't hardmirror me this time.
a creator---a cosmic force or something unknown a creator god----a transcendent conscious being(s)
Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by MrMontella(m): 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You mean there are dumb atheists like the OP? I asked this because basically the thread has been proven as a dumb one and frankly an apple never falls far from the tree.
dont put words into my mouth sire..
Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by promise10: 1:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
jonbellion:
do you know you are annoying
take it easy, it's jungle fun.
Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by jonbellion(m): 1:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
promise10:

take it easy, it's jungle fun.
oh really
I always thought you were serious smiley
Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by promise10: 1:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
MrMontella:

its you who labelled me an atheist..
The christian logic---all pro-gay activists are gay

i am not an agnostic
so, you are not agnostic and yet may not be an atheist as you said. so what is your stand?
Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by MrMontella(m): 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
promise10:

so, you are not agnostic and yet may not be an atheist as you said. so what is your stand?
i dont know the proper title..
My philosophical position is quite complex grin
the closest title would be some form of agnostic polydeism..
Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Fastest fingers first bro grin grin

Only 3.6 percent of Mensa members are atheists . Atheists are not smart enough for Mensa

Lmaooooooooooooooooooo grin grin grin

This statement is misleading. I was looking this up and mensa doesn't publish demographics on race or religion.

The source I found that echoes that you've said here was this page http://mwm.us.mensa.org/faq/people.html. The survey here was done in America only and also in 1996 or earlier, over 20 years ago.

The brief part about religion says "49% Christian, 3% Unitarian, 9% Jewish, 7% agnostic, 3.6% atheist, 9% no religion". So at least 19.6% are non religious. However by your logic I could also say "Unitarians aren't smart enough from mensa!" Which would be inaccurate for many reasons...don't you have a portal to heaven to find?

Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by jonbellion(m): 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
LightandDarkness:

This statement is misleading. I was looking this up and mensa doesn't publish demographics on race or religion.

The source I found that echoes that you've said here was this page http://mwm.us.mensa.org/faq/people.html. The survey here was done in America only and also in 1996 or earlier, over 20 years ago.

The brief part about religion says "49% Christian, 3% Unitarian, 9% Jewish, 7% agnostic, 3.6% atheist, 9% no religion". So at least 19.6% are non religious. However by your logic I could also say "Unitarians aren't smart enough from mensa!" Which would be inaccurate for many reasons...don't you have a portal to heaven to find?

Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by KingEbukaNaija: 4:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
LightandDarkness:

Dude that was from the official mensa site . The atheists on reddit also brought up that date nonsense in order to feel good about themselves . The survey involved over 100,000 Mensa members from all countries . And how many people do you think qualify for Mensa in a year? There is only a little change to that stats from Mensa's website if viewed currently . The point still remains the research by the OP was poorly done .

Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by plaetton: 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
SIRmuel86:
I will never become an atheist even if scientists get all the proof in the world that there is no God. I just see this kinda things as temptations.

Lol.

You just helped to confirm the study again. grin

In case you missed the point of the study, let me help you.

The point of the study is that people like you cannot make a decision to become an atheist.
People who become atheists have , perhaps a little something extra. The study calls it IQ.

Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.

The point of the study is that people like you cannot make a decision to become an atheist.
People who become atheists have , perhaps a little something extra. The study calls it IQ.

Yet Mensa data says otherwise! You guys have been owned on this thread so quietly retreat and lick your wounds

Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by KingEbukaNaija: 4:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.

The research was poor and plain stupid . It correlated intelligence with religiousity forgetting that there are "atheist religions" and believers who are non religious

KingEbukaNaija:

The emboldened texts show that those ignorant researchers don't know that there are religious atheists with religious beliefs in Buddhism , Jainism , Confucianism , Unitarian Universalism and so many others , And that the deists , panentheists who acknowledge the existence of God are non religious .

So they are simply saying if you are religious you likely have a low IQ because of your religious beliefs . Right ? That means those religious atheists in the aforementioned religions have low IQs because of their religious beliefs . Right ?

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot - this is a perfect example.

Hilarious!

The research was done in ignorance of the diversity in religion which can involve both believers and atheists . This of course proves the research was poorly done and should tossed into a trash can .

Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by promise10: 4:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.

you see another hardmirrored dumb kid?

so, unbelief in God equals IQ?

anyway being dumb is a choice.

Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Dude that was from the official mensa site . The atheists on reddit also brought up that date nonsense in order to feel good about themselves . The survey involved over 100,000 Mensa members from all countries . And how many people do you think qualify for Mensa in a year? There is only a little change to that stats from Mensa's website if viewed currently . The point still remains the research by the OP was poorly done .

Lol it literally says "American Mensa Ltd. Demographics" and the date is hardly nonsense, why are you using an article published 20 years ago? Post the current stats of you wish?

I don't believe in generalisations butI'm just saying that you should at least be honest with your argument.

And one of the research articles the article in op was based on https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23921675.
Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by SIRmuel86(m): 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.

They have IQ, I have wisdom. And that's y I know I'm in no position to challenge the existence of God.
Re: Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) by KingEbukaNaija: 5:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
SIRmuel86:
They have IQ, I have wisdom. And that's y I know I'm in no position to challenge the existence of God.

They have no IQ please

Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? / 100 Prophetic Declarations For Somebody This 2015 / Mother Mary Appears In Kaduna State.