Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,324 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More (36436 Views)

I Hope We Appreciate Goodluck Now - Toke Makinwa On Nigeria's Election / OAP Uche Proposes To Toke Makinwa On Social Media! / 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 28, 2016
Yup u girls can be easily manipulated especially when u r in love smiley... u will all see the signs very bad n terrible ones but love can't make u ladies take a leave meanwhile there would be one sincere guy out thr dying for u ladies n really meant well for u Buh na lie, na dt bad charactered nigga Una wan spend Una entire life Wt. While we men ar very logical u people run with emotions n by so doing, u don't get to think aright.

Most times u ladies r d architect of ur own misfortune.
Jst imagine this Makinwa's case, despite the handwriting on the wall, she still remained adhesive due to a nonsensical love. Very few of u r actually smart n calculative when in love.

Oya u sef, remember dt guy u used to die for, n wasn't worth it wink But now u look back n u couldn't believe I did all dt for him right wink
I got u lol
rose54321:
Hmm.

Hope younger ladies are reading this. Never settle for less, once a cheat always a cheat.

Marriage isn't about the ceremony, it's about been happy.

I feel for her though, it's like we ladies are designed in a way that can be easily manipulated.

4 Likes

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by kaboninc(m): 12:22pm On Nov 28, 2016
solasoulmusic:
The book would make sense if the characters were fictional and the story was true like Super Head book cause right now when you look beyond the money we are talking about a private life being made public something his children will Google and see one day

I feel for both of them

Sometimes we learn from other people's experiences.

It's her way of healing but recently, I've not been able to reconcile what the morals of her story intend to teach young and inexperienced adults and her video asking young girls to 'enjoy' themselves.
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by kingsilly(m): 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2016
Idydarling:
can you borrow me to read too?

you will need amazon kindle on your phone
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by Nnemuka(f): 12:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
He cant ruin her and walk away from it,
Babe break him the way he broke you and make money from it.

wink

2 Likes

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by Nnemuka(f): 12:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
zeb04:
i am so ashamed on her behalf
You dont know what shame is then,
Guess you've never been humiliated before and i guess no man has ridiculed you this much before.
Well my dear, no shame here.
He plainly got what he deserved. You may say she is washing dirty linens outside but this is her way of healing.

Serves maje right, He cannot eat his cake and have it, Karma always comes around.
I dont pray anyone passes through what Toke passed through, so pls just be ashamed for yourself and not on her behalf.

4 Likes

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by ameh99: 12:55pm On Nov 28, 2016
Am coming ....

Let me cool off first...

1 Like

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:
So if Anita's pregnancy was in the early stages, she would have told Maje to get rid of the pregnancy for her and continued the relationship with him.
Toke is stupid I swear, I've never liked her from the onset sha.
Can you imagine? "Where is the doctor How can we contact her(Anita) It is late she is nine months gone shocked" they were going on as if the subject of discussion is not a human being as if Anita na Mumu.

I think she watches too much movies. She does not want to burden him with a child yet she is the wife
She caught a guy cheating on her over and over again yet she stayed angry

Maje's mother gave her a hint yet she was not wise enough to decode it Na she Mumu pass. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by rose54321: 1:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
jaybillionaire:
Yup u girls can be easily manipulated especially when u r in love smiley... u will all see the signs very bad n terrible ones but love can't make u ladies take a leave meanwhile there would be one sincere guy out thr dying for u ladies n really meant well for u Buh na lie, na dt bad charactered nigga Una wan spend Una entire life Wt. While we men ar very logical u people run with emotions n by so doing, u don't get to think aright.

Most times u ladies r d architect of ur own misfortune.
Jst imagine this Makinwa's case, despite the handwriting on the wall, she still remained adhesive due to a nonsensical love. Very few of u r actually smart n calculative when in love.

Oya u sef, remember dt guy u used to die for, n wasn't worth it wink But now u look back n u couldn't believe I did all dt for him right wink
I got u lol

Lol, it's not only love sha. There are other factors like the "marriage pressure", fear of being alone, etc.

Doing anything repetitively makes a norm and it becomes part of our subconscious. Same with dating, if you get fond of a guy, it becomes part of your routine; the first time he cheats has the worst impact, each subsequent time has a lesser impact until it becomes the new normal.

As time flies in her case 9 years, it becomes more and more impossible to pull out of this routine, to adopt a new pattern.

So it's not that girls ain't logical, we are just wired differently.
How about rather than focusing on our weaknesses, together we call out these predator guys, that capitalize on it.

1 Like

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by wickedworld: 1:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
Chronic cheater that maje, even anita will not be able to stay with him.

He did not appreciate the love toke offers him, hope he find such love again.

And he knows he has make serious mistake

2 Likes

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by rose54321: 1:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
overall90:
Where can I get the book.

It's on Amazon
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
kaboninc:

Sometimes we learn from other people's experiences.

It's her way of healing but recently, I've not been able to reconcile what the morals of her story intend to teach young and inexperienced adults and her video asking young girls to 'enjoy' themselves

I am not disputing that we dont learn from others experiences but sometimes we have to come from a different angle entirely.

Is She aiming to inspire others to walk away from dead situations yes she is and yes she did but what way is she doing it? How effective is it?

There's a way to heal that doesn't involve name calling and story twisting to suit only one party its maturity.

What is the coincidence that her book was launched same weekend he made the cover of Guardian or is it Thisday

I even disagree with Tiwas Video . I've been through hell myself relationship wise but i cant see myself finger pointing in print or on video will tell him to his face and sit back and let God

levels dey
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
Hmm u av a point, but many guys will always capitalise on it, but it's good if ladies are perspicacious and circumspect enough to decode guys in depth frm the outset. At least once they av some standards they can't compromise and suddenly see traces of it or which becomes revealed with time, they can take a leave. But taking the leave seems to be a course u people don't evr wish for. Even when the die is cast angry

Abokoku niyin grin cheesy God made u females like that
rose54321:

Lol, it's not only love sha. There are other factors like the "marriage pressure", fear of being alone, etc.

Doing anything repetitively makes a norm and it becomes part of our subconscious. Same with dating, if you get fond of a guy, it becomes part of your routine; the first time he cheats has the worst impact, each subsequent time has a lesser impact until it becomes the new normal.

As time flies in her case 9 years, it becomes more and more impossible to pull out of this routine, to adopt a new pattern.

So it's not that girls ain't logical, we are just wired differently.
How about rather than focusing on our weaknesses, together we call out these predator guys, that capitalize on it.
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
Wiseandtrue:

Can you imagine? "Where is the doctor How can we contact her(Anita) It is late she is nine months gone shocked" they were going on as if the subject of discussion is not a human being as if Anita na Mumu.

I think she watches too much movies. She does not want to burden him with a child yet she is the wife
She caught a guy cheating on her over and over again yet she stayed angry

Maje's mother gave her a hint yet she was not wise enough to decode it Na she Mumu pass. lipsrsealed
Her stupidity is on another level.

2 Likes

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:39pm On Nov 28, 2016
grin grin grin
Amusaopeyemi:

Her stupidity is on another level.
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by zeb04(f): 2:00pm On Nov 28, 2016
Nnemuka:

You dont know what shame is then,
Guess you've never been humiliated before and i guess no man has ridiculed you this much before.
Well my dear, no shame here.
He plainly got what he deserved. You may say she is washing dirty linens outside but this is her way of healing.

Serves maje right, He cannot eat his cake and have it, Karma always comes around.
I dont pray anyone passes through what Toke passed through, so pls just be ashamed for yourself and not on her behalf.
as much as i want to reply you in a bad light, i would refrain from that. and oh i am ashamed and not because of her book but because she let a man treat her like a dog FOR SO LONG she deserves more.

when next you dont understand a post,just dont run your mouth . plus we all shouldn't reason alike.
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by Nnemuka(f): 2:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
zeb04:
as much as i want to reply you in a bad light, i would refrain from that. and oh i am ashamed and not because of her book but because she let a man treat her like a dog FOR SO LONG she deserves more.

when next you dont understand a post,just dont run your mouth .
seems writing in simple english is your problem, may be next time write in your language.

1 Like

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by zeb04(f): 2:04pm On Nov 28, 2016
Nnemuka:

seems writing in simple english is your problem, may be next time write in your language.
that should be your problem since comprehension is so difficult for you.
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by nwamehn: 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2016
Izen:

Do you expect your wife to cook for you? Do you expect her to bare kids? Do you expect her to keep the house clean? Do you expect her to train the kids? Wash clothes? Go to the market? Etc? Finance is not the only thing that needs to be contributed to make a home. We need to stop looking down on the role of women in homes. Money is not everything. Ever wondered why even though daddy provides most times, most children tend to lean closer to their moms? This says a lot. Remove the role of a woman in the home and see how it crumbles. I repeat, money is not everything.

I don't know whether all these grammar ar necessary because u haven't answered his question yet. Maybe u didn't read from the beginning. A lady said it's God's ordained responsibility of the man to provide for the woman and the guy agreed and then asked her to also say the responsibility of the woman to the man and here u ar preaching to him about looking down on women and children being close to the mothers. How do these answer his question? The question still remains, what is the responsibility of the woman to the man just as it's that of the man to provide for the woman?
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by Dyt(f): 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
PunterTim:

Which lady will write about me!

Hmmmmmmm
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by elevatedbeing: 2:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
Teespice:
I really need to buy this book.

some people have ways of releasing pain, holding it back in is not strength but weakness because one can crumble under the weight.

Some of you insulting this woman are going through way worse but you feel the fear of opening up would make you vulnerable.

toke is only being human. that she's a celebrity makes no difference.
Spot on!
Teespice:

some people have ways of releasing pain, holding it back in is not strength but weakness because one can crumble under the weight.

Some of you insulting this woman are going through way worse but you feel the fear of opening up would make you vulnerable.

Spot on!
Teespice:

Spot on!
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by BigBen23(m): 2:26pm On Nov 28, 2016
Toke should stop popularizing Anita Solomon. who cares to know about your broken home. I worked for Anita as a blogger for four months but had to leave because of her uncalled for attitude towards her workers and all that. I was opportuned to meet The so called Toke's ex...Maje on 19th july. that's on his Son's birthday, Micah here in calabar. Maje looks so cool though I know the mind is deceitful and can't say Much about his character.

the book by Toke is of no use. To get her man back, it's not the right approach.
Anita is a successful lawyer and blogger but the only thing she lacks is husband and if care isn't take Maje will make her dream come through

1 Like

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by YTderin(f): 2:33pm On Nov 28, 2016
I don't understand how I will keep forgiving and forgiving...... Patience is one of her virtues, Biko.
I can't say the same for myself.
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by kaboninc(m): 2:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
solasoulmusic:

I am not disputing that we dont learn from others experiences but sometimes we have to come from a different angle entirely.

Is She aiming to inspire others to walk away from dead situations yes she is and yes she did but what way is she doing it? How effective is it?

There's a way to heal that doesn't involve name calling and story twisting to suit only one party its maturity.

What is the coincidence that her book was launched same weekend he made the cover of Guardian or is it Thisday

I even disagree with Tiwas Video . I've been through hell myself relationship wise but i cant see myself finger pointing in print or on video will tell him to his face and sit back and let God

levels dey

All you said, I totally agree especially when you asked if she was doing it the right way.

However, how would she tell her story without mentioning the guy in question? Maybe as you suggested...through fiction? Or could it be that she is not done with paying back in kind the damages done to her by Maje?

I still can't find any link with this book (which I support, to some extent though) and her video on young ladies to live wild (have a one night stand with a stranger and all...)

Truth is, we all have our own ways of handling situations...some people (like you) do not like the idea of calling someone out, but they do it when they are pushed to the wall...like that of Tiwa Savage. Well some may not like it but she responded out of rage and fear of her career. However, I am more concerned with what led to the problem in the first place since if I don't know, I may not have an idea of how to handle a similar situation should it occur to me.

1 Like

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by agrovick(m): 3:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
Maje is the real champ gringrin

These screenshots emphasizes my belief that Toke's destiny is to be foolish. A lot of signs and you still decided to keep the charade going.
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by ubergold(m): 3:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
rose54321:
Hmm.

Hope younger ladies are reading this. Never settle for less, once a cheat always a cheat.

Marriage isn't about the ceremony, it's about been happy.

I feel for her though, it's like we ladies are designed in a way that can be easily manipulated.

... If only it were that simple.
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by ubergold(m): 3:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
solasoulmusic:
The book would make sense if the characters were fictional and the story was true like Super Head book cause right now when you look beyond the money we are talking about a private life being made public something his children will Google and see one day

I feel for both of them

Don't forget there are always two sides to every story.
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
ObiOmaMu:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4542719_tokemaje1_jpeg6553d0ba4cc2645824f005515dee16b0

These stories are all crazy! SubdeliveryMan on Twitter downloaded Toke Makinwa's 102 pages book on Amazon and shared the unbelievable parts on his social media page.

These excerpts tell why Maje didn't get Toke pregnant, how he visited her one morning to ask for money, how he told her to accept it and start acting right because she is the wife and Anita the official girlfriend after she caught him with Anita in public. How Maje's mother told her (Toke) that her prayer is Toke will find her own husband knowing fully well Toke was dating her son.

Just read!

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/11/read-toke-makinwas-on-becoming-book-why.html

I dont get it sha. So why did he marry Toke and not the Other lady
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by AfroBlue(m): 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2016
my NL guys out dere... (playboys and cultural polygamists) ... raise ur hand if u can lay it down good enough to have more than one woman very deeply in love wid u at the same time!

hungry, recession affected mates take a seat.

wink
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by UIA04(f): 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
pweetixandy:
I know I've been stupid in love in the past but Toke!!! you are in a class on your own!! damn!!

now I believe what they say, most of these celebrities are just kids in adult bodies. eg, davido, kiss Daniel, daddy freeze, I just added Toke to the list. smh
Minus daniel
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by StPete: 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2016
Without reading this book, I can already tell its content. Maje would be blamed as the devil's incarnate while Toke would be exonerated from all blames.

Hmmm...the truth is, women always play the victim. I will not believe an iota of this nonsense story until I hear Maje's side cos women can be terrible sometimes. Men have the ability to withstand emotional trauma without letting the world know what they feel inside but women will spill the bean at the slightest opportunity (speaking from experience).

In as much as Maje may have done some of the listed, Toke may have directly or indirectly pushed him to...either by being verbally abusive, openly flirty with someone else or just about something she deliberately never made mention of. She may have even opined that she may not be ready to have kids just because she doesn't wanna 'spoil her shape' or because of work.

I ain't buying any of those load of crap she wrote cos can bet my left ball that Maje isn't entirely as bad as what she made him to look. It's her loss...the society may likely judge her rather than the man she intends to face-shame

2 Likes

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by AfroBlue(m): 5:40pm On Nov 28, 2016
StPete:
Without reading this book, I can already tell its content. Maje would be blamed as the devil's incarnate while Toke would be exonerated from all blames.

Hmmm...the truth is, women always play the victim. I will not believe an iota of this nonsense story until I hear Maje's side cos women can be terrible sometimes. Men have the ability to withstand emotional trauma without letting the world know what they feel inside but women will spill the bean at the slightest opportunity (speaking from experience).

In as much as Maje may have done some of the listed, Toke may have directly or indirectly pushed him to...either by being verbally abusive, openly flirty with someone else or just about something she deliberately never made mention of. She may have even opined that she may not be ready to have kids just because she doesn't wanna 'spoil her shape' or because of work.

I ain't buying any of those load of crap she wrote cos can bet my left ball that Maje isn't entirely as bad as what she made him to look. It's her loss...the society may likely judge her rather than the man she intends to face-shame

Mr. Maje has chosen to take the high road and not speak disparagingly of his wife or ex-wife. he recently paid her some compliments and accolades. It's somewhere in the recent NL archives, and the surprise birthday party in her honour that he attended where they warmly embraced and kissed like they are still current lovers.

https://www.nairaland.com/3445911/toke-makinwas-ex-husband-maje-birthday

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4439112_4_jpeg9679ccb5a92f650b83fcf29e0a6a6775

1 Like

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by laudate: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
Shygirl1989:
I HATE one sided stories,why is Toke determined to expose Maje and Anita.methinks she doth protest too much...... How do we know she wasn't the one coming in between them. Besides,which girl in her right mind will take all these stuff and still stay in the relationship and then left her marriage just because he got someone else pregnant,is relationship now more important than marriage?
She should just move on already, make we hear word abeg.......
Publishing "stories that pinch" for somebody to read,and in this recession some people will carry money to buy the useless book........

If she had dumped him the first day she saw him with Anita, it is people like you that would have bad-mouthed her for fleeing at the first sign of trouble. They would have told Toke that "all men are the same." And they would have advised her to stick it out, or hang in there. sad

So she stayed and endured it, hoping he would change. Only for him to sink deeper into the mud of deceit, and release further tokens of infidelity and trash, into her soul. angry

The only problem I have with Toke, is that she did NOT know where to draw the line and call it quits. She left it too late. And now she is the one left with a shattered heart that cannot heal. I pray this book enables her to find the closure that she so truly deserves. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Waje Steps Out In Bikini / Somkele Iyamah-Idhalama Receives Her AMVCA Car (Pics) / Adekunle Gold Excited To Meet Asa [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.