Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More (36438 Views)

I Hope We Appreciate Goodluck Now - Toke Makinwa On Nigeria's Election / OAP Uche Proposes To Toke Makinwa On Social Media! / 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by laudate: 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
AfroBlue:
Mr. Maje has chosen to take the high road and not speak disparagingly of his wife or ex-wife. he recently paid her some compliments and accolades. It's somewhere in the recent NL archives, and the surprise birthday party in her honour that he attended where they warmly embraced and kissed like they are still current lovers.

What would he have said??! shocked What excuse could he have given to cover his excesses, or bad behaviour? At least, he has chosen not to insult the intelligence of the public, by not blaming some extra-terrestrial forces that made him do it. Let him go and find a way to develop some semblance of good character at least, since he has destroyed any shred of good reputation that was once attached to his name. undecided
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by AfroBlue(m): 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2016
laudate:

What would he have said??! shocked What excuse could he have given to cover his excesses, or bad behaviour? At least, he has chosen not to insult the intelligence of the public, by not blaming some extra-terrestrial forces that made him do it. Let him go and find a way to develop some semblance of good character at least, since he has destroyed any shred of good reputation that was once attached to his name. undecided

i dunno. there's two sides or more to every story. 9 years is a lot of water under the bridge and most humans are not saints.

and it looks like he's doing ok

Maje Ayida talks about Fitness on the cover of ThisDay Style today

https://www.bellanaija.com/2016/11/maje-ayida-talks-about-fitness-on-the-cover-of-thisday-style-today/
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by laudate: 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2016
AfroBlue:
i dunno. there's two sides or more to every story. 9 years is a lot of water under the bridge and most humans are not saints.

and it looks like he's doing ok

Maje Ayida talks about Fitness on the cover of ThisDay Style today

https://www.bellanaija.com/2016/11/maje-ayida-talks-about-fitness-on-the-cover-of-thisday-style-today/

Sure, there are always two sides to a story. But from the way events have unfolded, Maje cannot white-wash whatever side of his own story, he choses to tell. undecided

As for being on the cover of ThisDay Style talking about fitness, he is just trying to do some damage control. It appears that his publicist may have told him to pose for the camera, in order to get people's minds off the comments Toke made about him. sad Sorry, but in my opinion - it just ain't working! undecided
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by Everblazinggg(f): 10:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
He was your husband and not a random guy... Did u really need to reveal this u must be really pissed at him but do u know what? no amount of books u sell will take that pain away so please try and move on by getting yourself another man who by God's grace will love u because I can see u are really strung up on this Majid guy... Stds, bleaching
of skin because of him, u say bla bla bla... E don do abeg.

1 Like

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by olasamuel006: 2:59am On Nov 29, 2016
well lessons here for the babes is that its not all about what you think you deserve or love or the way it must be but what also deserve you.most ladies today want the most extremely good thing and stroggling to get that leaving behind the fact that men also have their discretion but they might just be unlucky enough to meet a bad guy who will be ready to play along,I sure know while she was busy dying,having sex and getting disease from him even though it a crazy life most ladies live these days having sex without condom some simple and honest guys who might not be as good looking would have been disturbing her which she might probably be snubbing........the whole drama is crazy,nowadays babes carry so many problems around.
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by seenter84: 3:11am On Nov 29, 2016
I need the book..
How can I get one?
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by angelroz: 9:08am On Nov 29, 2016
solasoulmusic:
The book would make sense if the characters were fictional and the story was true like Super Head book cause right now when you look beyond the money we are talking about a private life being made public something his children will Google and see one day

I feel for both of them

i support you bro. Even if she wants people to learn from her story, there are better ways she would have brought it out.
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 29, 2016
angelroz:

i support you bro. Even if she wants people to learn from her story, there are better ways she would have brought it out.

Thanks I'm a lady your not the only one who thinks am a guy because of the way I speak my brother is my best friend
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by niyot124: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
YTderin:
I don't understand how I will keep forgiving and forgiving...... Patience is one of her virtues, Biko.
I can't say the same for myself.

Do you please have an e-copy of this book?
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by YTderin(f): 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
niyot124:

Do you please have an e-copy of this book?
No, I don't
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by kcesca: 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
So my news feed is somehow filled with news about Toke Makinwa. I honestly don't know much about her, have never listened to her on radio, TV or her Vlog, she became popular when the news about her Husband impregnating his girlfriend broke the internet in Nigeria. As conservative as I sound for not knowing Toke at least I know Tiwa Savage and edible catering and other similar tales, this kind of gist is not just found within our celebrity circle, I dare to say it is a common folk tale .

Anyway, It was just the typical "nawa" story, time heals all wound. As a fellow woman, i felt this too shall pass, in no time the wagging tongues will move on to the next trending news. Typically my social media feeds are mainly politics, religion international development and some random posts, but Toke Makinwa managed to break my news feed. Kilode? "them say" Toke is now an Author, she has "unleashed the dragon" with her new book "On Becoming". I am not sure what to make out of the book but she sounds like she has a high threshold for pain. When relationships break both parties feel some pain or inconvenience. Even the idiots and scumbags who deliberately cause their partners pain get drained from the reactions leading up to the breakup and post "Garri sharing" drama. Even when the breakup is mutual it is never pleasant.

Toke has called all of us to join her in reliving her experience in Marriage, hopefully, she has done some factory reset to her brain which will help her readers reset theirs. For hose who enjoyed reading Hints and Hearts magazine, this may be worth your penny.

Call her foolish, call her wise, in all this I see money making opportunities at least something different from MMM. Bloggers are having a field day, Nigerian artist may get inspirations for their next hit song, Comedians will make out serial jokes from various chapters of this book, Alaba pirates will make quick profit, Pastors may decide to give "a robust response" to this book, marriage counselors may use this as a case study, kind and unkind commentators will rub it in, movie producers may consider this for a new "Telemundo" kind of series or Toke might take her bravery to another level and produce her own series. The bottom line is, there is a serious business case for this book, we all can't just see the book in bad taste and we don't have to understand Toke's motive.

I will have to endure the distortion and distraction this brings to my news feed as this is not so News.
For Toke, It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday, I hope expressing your dark days will bring the sunshine when all the scales finally fall from your eyes. I hope she sees opportunities in her controversies and I very much pray "On becoming" achieves its purpose. Time will tell!

2 Likes

Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by vivvica(f): 12:48am On Dec 02, 2016
The next move now is to act the true life movie grin
Re: Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More by ednut1(m): 6:07am On Dec 03, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:
So if Anita's pregnancy was in the early stages, she would have told Maje to get rid of the pregnancy for her and continued the relationship with him.
Toke is stupid I swear, I've never liked her from the onset sha.
hahahaha u will not kill person. bawo ni, she o wapa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Somkele Iyamah-Idhalama Receives Her AMVCA Car (Pics) / Waje Steps Out In Bikini / Adekunle Gold Excited To Meet Asa [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.