Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,322 members, 7,780,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:36 PM

Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu (112754 Views)

Bad News For Guiders As MMM Announces New Strategy / Anxiety As MMM Again Removes GH Of Mavrodians / Before You Go Ahead To Provide Help As MMM Returns, Take Note! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by pareto(m): 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
Cock and bull!!!

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Deejay1000(m): 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
NOW THIS IS MISLEADING HOW THE Bleep DID MMM MADE HIM COMMIT SUICIDE... OP STOP MISLEADING PPLE WITH UR TOPIC.. .

2 Likes

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Araoluwa005(m): 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
steppin:
MMM foot soldiers go plenty for here, to defend MMM at all cost.
them plenty ooo
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by dubai4eva: 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
See traffic chai grin
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by hatchy(f): 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
ALAYORMII:
The thing never crash and dem don dey kill demsef already
Bad Belle Messenger (BBM). All una prayer make MMM crash no go work.

MMM has come to stay so if you can't pull it down why not join the moving train rather than having sleepless nights praying that it crash.

All of you wishing that MMM crash, holy goooooohst firrrreeee.

4 Likes

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by KingsArome(m): 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
Nairaland don useless finish, this not the nairaland I use to know, for God sake.....read all the write-up if it any way relate to mmm schame......this is actually stupid

3 Likes

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by kibra4u(m): 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2016
Splinz:
– The body of a final year student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka has been found dangling from a rope in his room

A final year student of agricultural engineering at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, who is also reported to be a participant of the Mavrodi Mondial Movement investment scheme (MMM), has committed suicide.

Premium Times reports the student, identified as Tobechukwu Okeke was found on Sunday morning, November 27, dangling from a rope in his room at Odenigwe, a community in Nsukka, Enugu state.

The deceased was said to have left a note behind where he apologised to his family, according to accounts by a neighbor close to the family.

The contents of the note read: “Mother, Father, brother, I’m sorry. Ify, may your children never suffer. Uncle Mathias, you gave me all. I am sorry. Death calls. Linguistic department, I am sorry. Okeke Tobechukwu S. 2012/185649,” the neighbour, who did not want to be named, quoted

Though the cause of Mr. Okeke’s death is yet to be ascertained, some of his neighbours suggested that he was in debt, some said he was tired of schooling, others attributed his suicide to the loss of money in a network business he invested into.

The deceased’s last Facebook posts showed he had been involved in the controversial MMM scheme as he used his account to advertise the scheme.

His last post, in September, read: “MMM is enriching lives of millions of Nigerians everyday. If you care to join or you have any questions please send me a message or comment below.”

One of the deceased’s colleagues, who also did not want to be named, said he was given an electrical wiring job to do at the department of linguistics in the university, because of his expertise in electrical works. I saw him this (Sunday) morning, he seemed to have a problem which he needed money to solve,” the colleague added.

The university authorities have also confirmed the incident, but said the family had not officially informed the institution.

Uju Umo, the university’s dean of student affairs said: “I travelled for a burial last weekend and yesterday I got a text message saying a student had committed suicide.”

“It happened at Odenigwe, one of the host communities outside the school and I was told he left a suicide note apologising to his fellow gamblers.”

Similarly, Chukwu Emmanuel, the university’s student union president, also confirmed the incident, and said the matter was being investigated. “There’s no concrete details for now,” he added.

People close to the deceased described him as a comedian who always used jokes to awake sleeping students during night classes. “He used to go around to classes at night to crack jokes and encourage students to forget their worries and focus,” a friend told Premium Times.

Recall that the House of Representatives recently asked the EFCC and the Central Bank of Nigeria to immediately go after the promoters MMM in Nigeria.

Lawmakers strongly opposed the investment scheme, which lately gained popularity among Nigerians in the wake of the current economic recession in the country.

MMM promises 30 per cent return on investment for any money put into the scheme within 30 days.
The investment scheme has a Russian origin and involves directing clients to make money available for an anonymous person with a promise of 30 per cent return within one month.

Source: http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2016/11/shock-as-mmm-participant-commits-suicide-in-enugu/

Mister Man, stop associating the cause of that young mans death to MMM, cos it certainly has nothing to do with his death. If he was involved in gambling/betting, that is understandable and which was even the original story I read online and not as a result of participating in MMM. Stop using the platform as the cause of someones death cos that cheap blackmail wont get you anywhere. MMM put smiles on peoples faces and not take life out of them. Get your facts straight and stop posting false info.

2 Likes

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by PIPPROF(m): 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2016
cool cool cool

whip whip whip whip

whip another GH

whip another lambo

whip up another coupe

5 Likes

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by zikokoko(m): 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2016
ohhh...ohhh...wia z dat px abeg...

so i sud stop participating in MMM cuz i myt eventually commit sucide?...

maka why
brain so far from you and the person(s) who sent u.

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by otswag(m): 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2016
If u wan discourage people from participating in MMM, at least do it with some dignity and put some sense into ur method. In my opinion, this is a stewpeed post

5 Likes

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by mattsvibes: 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2016
when MMM is final out of control you will hear mogbe moku modaran
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by johnstar(m): 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
Splinz:
[b]–

Though the cause of Mr. Okeke’s death is yet to be ascertained, some of his neighbours suggested that he was in debt, some said he was tired of schooling, others attributed his suicide to the loss of money in a network business he invested into.

Source: http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2016/11/shock-as-mmm-participant-commits-suicide-in-enugu/
dis source no get sense

Dm say, una say, maybe, nt confirmed

Juz bcus una one create traffic for una blog

How mmm take cause person death, dis thread is so meaningless

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Handsomecutepie: 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
[b]Lol!!!!

See their reactions; MMM Gamblers. Una eyes go soon open...

Jobless lots, see them, getting agitated over the news simply cos their temporary source of income was mentioned in the write up.

MMM, Baba Ijebu and Lotto are the same but different ways of investing your money into these scam or scheme.

The crying day is coming, today; one day is gone out of the countdown to this looming MMM hurricane. Wise up!

If you are into MMM, pls and pls, only invest 10% of your money into it oooo.

Nobody is contributing money on Nairaland for anybody who ll eventually fall victim of this scam.

The idea behind MMM scheme or scam was good i presumed but looking into the whole scheme or scam holistically, it obvious to the blind and audible to the deaf that the end of the scheme is getting nearer and closer than thought.

CBN, HOR, Senate and of course my humble self know what's up and that's why we are screaming and worried than living dead investors.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
Lilimax:
Which suicide? Na MMM sure pass embarassed Fellow Mavrodians, remember that tomorrow is another pay day smiley

I hope we dont read your own suicide note soon.

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by dayomike(m): 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
The body of a final year student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka has been found dangling from a rope in his room[/b]

A final year student of agricultural engineering at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, who is also reported to be a participant of the Mavrodi Mondial Movement investment scheme (MMM), has committed suicide.

Premium Times reports the student, identified as Tobechukwu Okeke was found on Sunday morning, November 27, dangling from a rope in his room at Odenigwe, a community in Nsukka, Enugu state.

The deceased was said to have left a note behind where he apologised to his family, according to accounts by a neighbor close to the family.

The contents of the note read: “Mother, Father, brother, I’m sorry. Ify, may your children never suffer. Uncle Mathias, you gave me all. I am sorry. Death calls. Linguistic department, I am sorry. Okeke Tobechukwu S. 2012/185649,” the neighbour, who did not want to be named, quoted

The deceased’s last Facebook posts showed he had been involved in the controversial MMM scheme as he used his account to advertise the scheme.

His last post, in September, read: “MMM is enriching lives of millions of Nigerians everyday. If you care to join or you have any questions please send me a message or comment below.”

One of the deceased’s colleagues, who also did not want to be named, said he was given an electrical wiring job to do at the department of linguistics in the university, because of his expertise in electrical works. I saw him this (Sunday) morning, he seemed to have a problem which he needed money to solve,” the colleague added.

The university authorities have also confirmed the incident, but said the family had not officially informed the institution.

Uju Umo, the university’s dean of student affairs said: “I travelled for a burial last weekend and yesterday I got a text message saying a student had committed suicide.”

“It happened at Odenigwe, one of the host communities outside the school and I was told he left a suicide note apologising to his fellow gamblers.”

Similarly, Chukwu Emmanuel, the university’s student union president, also confirmed the incident, and said the matter was being investigated. “There’s no concrete details for now,” he added.

People close to the deceased described him as a comedian who always used jokes to awake sleeping students during night classes. “He used to go around to classes at night to crack jokes and encourage students to forget their worries and focus,” a friend told Premium Times.

Recall that the House of Representatives recently asked the EFCC and the Central Bank of Nigeria to immediately go after the promoters MMM in Nigeria.

Lawmakers strongly opposed the investment scheme, which lately gained popularity among Nigerians in the wake of the current economic recession in the country.

MMM promises 30 per cent return on investment for any money put into the scheme within 30 days.
The investment scheme has a Russian origin and involves directing clients to make money available for an anonymous person with a promise of 30 per cent return within one month.

What is your point by linking the deceased with MMM, when the real news says it lost mony to betting { http://www..com/talk/topic,317964.0.html} you will never grow beyond this level with this your misleading news you are propagating against MMM
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by dayomike(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
The body of a final year student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka has been found dangling from a rope in his room[/b]

What is your point by linking the deceased with MMM, when the real news says he lost mony to betting { http://www..com/talk/topic,317964.0.html} you will never grow beyond this level with this your misleading news you are propagating against MMM
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by chuksville(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
Em' Em' Em'... Ssssorry I Be Stammerer. I tttttalk Anythin?
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by bellarmine: 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
Another 're-phrased story by some News Sponsors to paint MMM black.

Actually, the guy committed suicide. Yes he is into gambling...but more of football betting.

Premium Times, you are a big shame to journalism. You guys are pure liars!

Oya let other MMM members report that they have lost their money too. Or is it only the boy's MMM account that crashed?

FAKE NEWS..
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by deolu2000(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
Bloggers and lies are like bread and Bama. They just can't be separated. Even though i don't subscribe to d idea of MMM, trying to tarnish the scheme at all cost isn't by any means better than the MMM that you are tryn to pull down.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by nairaman66(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
I wish this guy could wake up and give the OP a dirty slap.. What's wrong with Nigerians and their pulling Down syndrome?? How does the deceased and MMM connect?

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by tolexy007(m): 8:58pm On Nov 28, 2016
mattsvibes:
when MMM is final out of control you will hear mogbe moku modaran

ur stupidity deserve medal
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by frubben(m): 8:58pm On Nov 28, 2016
I was waiting for where I would read MMM failed him but I did not c na wa oooo

I don't play MMM but we spil thier name
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by arabbunkum: 8:58pm On Nov 28, 2016
Bad belle people are working hard to bring MMM down.
How did MMM kill this guy?
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
tumababa:

bad belle. busy body

I dont understand why I could possible have belle for a hopeless poor man who doesnt have brains on how to do business for profit with his peanuts but depend on get-rich-quick scam to double money.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
GMBuhari:
Did he die?
No He death.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by damilareoye: 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
See traffic........

Some people will still open MMM account tonight... Sorry, the defame technique is null and void.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by kellyshuga(f): 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
Philistine:
All this stupid blog writers! what's the connection between mmm and the guy's death. Mtchew!
Why are u sounding so pained, are u one of their agents...lol

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by godfrey01(m): 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
I knew this trash will definitely grace the front page... MMM Nigeria is not what caused his death. that dude had some challenges that he didn't seek for advice and the best alternative was taking his life.. some people are so secretive that they have burning issues but will not open up to others.. Please and please don't say its MMM because with MMM you get your money back.. but with gambling if you lose you lose no pay for you.. and from the earlier post I read the guy was a gamble(bet9ja, merrybet, nairabet baba ijebu and the rest)

so all those you who want to kill mmm before our eyes, its because you are not participating in it and you don't know the benefit
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Acidosis(m): 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2016
Chai, about 700 viewers!!
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by yedidiah(m): 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2016
I don't do MMM but I doubt if that was what he did. probably sports betting
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Lilimax(f): 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
Billyonaire:

I hope we dont read your own suicide note soon.
Back to sender in 100 fold embarassed No offense smiley
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by ALAYORMII: 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
hatchy:
Bad Belle Messenger (BBM). All una prayer make MMM crash no go work.

MMM has come to stay so if you can't pull it down why not join the moving train rather than having sleepless nights praying that it crash.

All of you wishing that MMM crash, holy goooooohst firrrreeee.

Laff off Ur sorrow

Dear MTN,
My dear MTN, My Dearest MTN...
No matter how you rephrase this sms to me,
I would never fall victim of your business
tricks.
At first it was ''text yes to 7070 for a chance
to win N2,000,000''. I neglected it.
Then it graduated to "few steps away from
receiving your N2,000,000 reward".... I kept
quiet...
Then I checked my balance and saw "You
would not receive your N2,000,000 reward if
you dont text "yes to 7070"....I still
maintained my silence....
Then I recharged and I saw "reward your
self right now, text yes to 7070 and you
could win N2,000,000".... i still kept quiet....
Then I got an sms from MTN and viewed it.
What I saw was "Does your number end
with 0701? please send OK to 7070!
*******0701 has been rewarded with
access to MTN's N2,000,000 draw today!
subscribe for 100/day"....I still kept quiet...
Then I saw an alert again!!... "Are you
NELSON? Yello, you just won MTN's
N2,000,000 draw. Text OK to 7070 to claim it,
100/day" (Money wey I don win, I go still text
100/day to claim am. Abii?
Express don leave this MTN o.)....ok o, I still
kept quiet....
Then just few minutes ago, I got a call and
guess who called? ''7070''!!!... abeg wetin
them wan tell me wey them never send for
text?
please judge me and MTN ooo. I dey on my
own o...dem wan force N2,000,000 enter my
hand.
N2,000,000 na by force? ...
Haba!!
MTN I no want, Abeg!
Pls, make una help me beg MTN.
Who knows what the next strategy will be??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How To Withraw Your Bitcoin Staight To Your Local Bank Without Any Exchanger / MMM Nigeria.net Owner Unmasked. (photo) / Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.