Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:00 AM

Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? (4993 Views)

The Top 10 Ways That Men Painfully Embarrassingly And Constantly Fail With Babes / 10 Reasons Smart Guys Fail With Women (and What To Do About It) / Nice Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by RonCollins: 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2016
There is an old adage which says that 'nice guys finish last'. Most people go on wondering why that happens and why do these nice guys fail with women? Most women we meet say that they just want to date a 'nice guy' but when they meet one they head in the exact opposite direction and start dating the 'bad boy'!

The answer to this question actually lies in the fact that nice guys become too nice around the women they like, allowing to be treated like doormats. Some of the things that nice guys do wrong and must avoid are as listed below:

o Feel nervous and intimidated: Most nice guys feel very nervous around women they like. This nervousness leads them to believe that they need to work really hard to impress the woman and as a result end up trying too hard. When these efforts are not recognized in the way they want, these nice guys begin feeling intimidated.

As a result of this, these men get easily manipulated and do not get the respect that they deserve.

o Seeking approval: This intimidation makes these men so insecure that they are in a constant search for approval and go to any lengths to get that. When these men do a thing like this, it makes the woman feel that the man has no self respect. His behavior becomes submissive and weak which is a turn off.

Women look for men who are in control and do not take mistreatment. They like men who retain their power and control yet give the woman the respect and attention that she deserves. He is not hungry for attention and his behavior reflects that.

o Accepting any kind of behavior: The quintessential insecurities are so high that he goes on to accept any kind of behavior from his girlfriend. Since he allows the woman to assume the role of 'the boss', he remains a weak and submissive character. Such men also are clingier and appear more desperate and accept any behavior just to be able to talk to the woman.

In their desperation, these men also call too much, too often repeatedly speaking of their feelings and emotions. This is not a manly attribute and women do not respect such men.

o Just too nice! : These nice guys go to any lengths to make the woman feel good. These men treat their girls too "nicely", like they would treat their own grandmother. They also end up listening to all the girl trouble that the women are facing just like their girlfriends would and give them advice as well.

Well the girl clearly needs a nice man in her life and not a girlfriend in a boyfriends clothing.
A nice guy is one who listens to his girl, respects her, cares for her yet retains his dignity, pride and self respect. So try being a nice "Man", who understands his role as the "man" and exudes confidence and enjoys the woman's respect.

Watch this video for more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH-5ujAnyjs

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Haphard(m): 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
See lemme say something, nice guys always get friend zoned by ladies becaz they're always acting nice in all things they doing, even if u re a nice guy, always try 2b a bad guy with a lady, just summon d courage and see what d result will turn out 2be..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
Because they become nice to a fault....I once dated this "nice guy", I will really say he was my best date Eva.but he is extremely emotional as in extremely emotional to a fault.if he calls and u don't pick he begins to panic like a child,an adult for that matter.2 days after we had a reconcilable quarrel,he fainted at wrk....I had to do d needful, run for my life.sometimes being over nice and over caring makes a lady uncomfortable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by falconey(m): 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
ReneeNuttall:
Because they become nice to a fault....I once dated this "nice guy", I will really say he was my best date Eva.but he is extremely emotional as in extremely emotional to a fault.if he calls and u don't pick he begins to panic like a child,an adult for that matter.2 days after we had a reconcilable quarrel,he fainted at wrk....I had to do d needful, run for my life.sometimes being over nice and over caring makes a lady uncomfortable.

lwkm he fainted at work? that one no be man abeg.
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 28, 2016
They are predictable and pretentious.

Most "nice guys" are not really nice

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
Nawa o

Na you ask question, na you answer am undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by kajoula(m): 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
ReneeNuttall:

grin grin grin grin grin grin he’s a man with a feminine heart grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by falconey(m): 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2016
Stupedinluv:

most of my female friends prefer them ......well as assistant boyfriend so they say, they keep them more. they're gullible and vulnerable, follow commands of their gf.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
falconey:

[color=#990000][/color]
Women just prefer men that are not easy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Splinz(m): 4:38pm On Nov 28, 2016
ReneeNuttall:
[b]Because they become nice to a fault....[/b]I once dated this "nice guy", I will really say he was my best date Eva.but he is extremely emotional as in extremely emotional to a fault.if he calls and u don't pick he begins to panic like a child,an adult for that matter.2 days after we had a reconcilable quarrel,he fainted at wrk....I had to do d needful, run for my life.sometimes being over nice and over caring makes a lady uncomfortable.

The bold is what I've always known about you guys.

Trust me, I never make that mistake. Always on top of my games...
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Splinz(m): 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Women just prefer men that are not easy.

Thank you for reaffirming this truth.
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Longman6(m): 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
i just pity ladies that go for all this challenging guys"..well you only see that in Nigeria.Go and ask Toke makinwa and Tiwa how it ended.You must realize that some people are naturally kind due to their upbringing and family values.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by EternalTruths: 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2016
Longman6:
i just pity ladies that go for all this challenging guys"..well you only see that in Nigeria.Go and ask Toke makinwa and Tiwa how it ended.You must realize that some people are naturally kind due to their upbringing and family values.

Nice guys are rejected because they are not sexually opened

Most girls who accepted to date you, has sex in mind on the long run.

So when you fail to stylishly bring up sexual topics and dare them about it, they abandon you for bad guys. cool

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Longman6(m): 6:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
EternalTruths:

Nice guys are rejected because they are not sexually opened

Most girls who accepted to date you, has sex in mind on the long run.

So when you fail to stylishly bring up sexual topics and dare them about it, they abandon you for bad guys. cool

Bro the reason we have broken homes, failed marriages in this part of the world is because most of us didn't grow up in good homes and poverty is a big time problem here, people are thought to be hostile at birth,girls from poor or average home are told that the best they can archive is to be a mrs,and people focus on the wrong part of spouse selection, Sex?:can any woman bet that in six years time, her husbands wont meet a better girl. Money:who can tell that otedola that was richer than Dangote in the year 2000 would be no where near him today? power: obama married his boss Michele who was training him during his internship.Sex is cheap, money can be made dubiously, How to be a ladies man can be learnt over the internet..What young ladies must realize is that kindness is rear.Dont damage your character to please a lady who is probably confused.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
Self proclaimed nice guys are delusional,they are only nice in their minds undecided
☆☆☆☆

falconey:

☆that is not the definition of a nice man but a human walking mat.

No wonder u dudes don't wanna be nice guys
....u dont know who he is.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Uchesis: 7:17pm On Nov 28, 2016
Women : the most confused set of human beings on earth.

They want a nice guy and a hard guy at d same time, a cool guy and a rugged guy at d same time. Haaabaa!!!

I guess men shud have two versions of demselves joined into one.

I cant b hot n cold at d same time naa. I cant pretend 2 impress any gal.

I'm a nice guy, born n brought up dat way. Any gal dat dnt lyk it shud go for a shower. In d words of adekunle gold: "dere is a woman 4 every man"

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Diplomaticbeing(m): 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
A gutless guy is different from a nice guy. . . . Here you have a pretender. Hypocrisy personified.

Meanwhile, an arrogant, domineering, selfish and uncivil guy, literally, is also different from a bad guy. Here you have a brat/rude guy. . . Sensible, independent and mature ladies never put up with them.

On the other hand, it takes a civil, conscientious, altruistic and reciprocative guy to be a nice-bad guy . . . . Ladies man. A nice-bad guy never long for control, but yet he's always in charge of his relationship and environment - he never lose guard.

In summary, whom the uninformed assumed as "bad" guy is a true definition of a nice guy in practicality.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by abimic(m): 12:24am On Nov 29, 2016
Just be yourself, nice still is better and keep being nice, nice guys can't surely fail with all women, they surely would meet their rightful companions someday, there is a man for every woman. Sometimes being strict and masterful in addition makes it a top class, no lady wants to marry a man that's a push aside and can't defend his home outside all because he claimed to be nice.
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:24am On Nov 29, 2016
kajoula:

grin grin grin grin grin grin he’s a man with a feminine heart grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Am telling u
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:26am On Nov 29, 2016
Splinz:

The bold is what I've always known about you guys.

Trust me, I never make that mistake. Always on top of my games...
Good to knw
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 29, 2016
ReneeNuttall:
Because they become nice to a fault....I once dated this "nice guy", I will really say he was my best date Eva.but he is extremely emotional as in extremely emotional to a fault.if he calls and u don't pick he begins to panic like a child,an adult for that matter. 2 days after we had a reconcilable quarrel,he fainted at wrk.... I had to do d needful, run for my life.sometimes being over nice and over caring makes a lady uncomfortable.
Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by loadedvibes: 10:49am On Nov 29, 2016
Even a bad guy can be humbled sometimes by babe .. just pray emotions doesn't get a hold you otherwise you wey be bad guy go turn ugwu leave

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by escapefromusa(f): 10:49am On Nov 29, 2016
...not symbols of power

power does not beg, it takes
power does not appeal, it seduces
power is intoxicating
women crave power
for women power is derived from been a sex symbol
for men power is derived for having the capacity to reign over other men
women crave power
nice guys , no power symbol
the one that cares least in the relationship has the most power
for bad boys, power does not beg it takes, neither does it appeal but seduces

symbols of power

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
ReneeNuttall:
fainted for you? .....wait....what ?!
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
Stupedinluv:
i am the best kinda nice you'd ever want smiley
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
Rayhandrinni:
i am the best kinda nice you'd ever want smiley
I dont think so lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Malayy(m): 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
ReneeNuttall:
I know you're lying.... but madam, continue..
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
ReneeNuttall:

grin grin kiss chrix kinda person cheesy
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
Stupedinluv:
I dont think so lipsrsealed
aightt smiley
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
Chrismario:

grin grin kiss chrix kinda person cheesy
Lol
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2016
Malayy:
I know you're lying.... but madam, continue..
Doubting Thomas,keep doubting my experience ,who u epp sef?
Re: Why Do Nice Guys Fail With Women? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
ReneeNuttall:

I guess he spent a lot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Ways To Know If A Girl Likes You - Ladies Do Not Read / My Girlfriend Wants Us To Be Talking Every Blessed Day / I'm Doomed I Just Got A Girl Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.