Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) (87116 Views)

Danny Williams: Beating Mike Tyson Was A Dream Come True / Kanu Nwankwo Shared His 20 Years Ago Throwback With Arsenal / Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Obas101(m): 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
Debra911:

God bless u for this comment, if Akinosu had reasoned that way by saying in five years time, I'll be a mother with five kids and av adorable husby, she wouldn't av gotten to this height today. There s nothing bad if a lady aspires to marriage, but its honoring wen she also knows she needs to fulfill destiny and also become great herself too& not tie her destiny to any man. Some girls are the ones that make men like buhari, think women are meant for the kitchen & other room. if d President is right, why do we have girls that are academically & intellectually sound? Pls ladies aim higher, u r also part of human existence.
I'm liking you right now kiss grin.. This is the most sensible post i have ever read from a girl

2 Likes

Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
midehi2:
dream come true

my dream almost coming true, live in a comfortable home with my kids and adorable husby cool

Ha...free riding..
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Donpizzle(m): 8:35pm On Nov 28, 2016
ychris:
Although I have not been to airport before.

But by this time of 2022,

I would have;

1. Graduated from university.

2. Traveled Worldwide as I like. And

3. Happily married.
try to have a realistic dream. Second dream is unrealistic.
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by WesBreezy: 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
She knows where she's coming from!..
Nigeria doesn't have such platform .. I watched some guys play at a local field in our area till now they still there without even a Nigerian club side.and you hear lahm joining bayern when he was 11. We'd get such environment someday. That doesn't mean you can't create your own environment or set goals .. Everything eez possible

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by spinna: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
In US you can plan like dat but in Naija its ASUU strike and fuel scarcity strikes that'll spoil dat plan..lol

yes and Sports Ministry Bleep ups

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Perfectionist11: 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2016
A reminder that dream doesn't cost a thing..You can dream as "unrealistically impossible" as you want..just back it up with the necessary intensity and dedication.
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by infiniteboy(m): 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
Good to know
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by JastSiryin(m): 10:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
Daslim180:
NCAN make una no near here she is from the Southwest biko! Na our pesin be dis one shegbor!
Must u niggaz always pull out d ethnicity card!? I tire for una o mtcheew!
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by vicadex07(m): 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
in two years time, I would have travelled to at least three continents and I will have nothing less than a billion dollars in my bank accounts.

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by vicadex07(m): 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
vicadex07:
in two years time, I would have travelled to at least three continents and I will have nothing less than a billion dollars in my bank accounts.
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Austin198(m): 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2016
midehi2:
dream come true

my dream almost coming true, live in a comfortable home with my kids and adorable husby cool

...adorable one indeed .
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by kingphilip(m): 10:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
adebayo201:
smh4u
you can't give what you don't have

Get the sense first before giving me from it
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
midehi2:

yes oo...am comfortable and proud of my career now, the next is family

becoming someone's wife is very important, if not you won't be here quoting me, am i right? thanks to your mum and dad cheesy

So getting married and bearing children is now a career? Wetin i no go read here?

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 29, 2016
Good for her
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Ibrahim9090: 3:17am On Nov 29, 2016
Wow!!! The largest Nigeria graduate community is finally launched.

Corpers Connect

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.techsolutions.ismummy.corpersconnect

http://www.corpersconnect.com.ng

Corpers Connect is a platform to connect and unite prospective corp members, serving corp members and ex-corp members in a smart mobile community.
Features:
Instant Chat (Online Text/Multimedia),
Job opportunities update,
Create groups and event,
Find and Connect with other Corp Member
and Stay connected with Nysc news....

...for enquiry, install the app and search for
Dev. Ismummy
Halal
JBoss

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.techsolutions.ismummy.corpersconnect

http://www.corpersconnect.com.ng

#CorpersConnect #nysc #corpsmember #nysc2016

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by PhysioJay(m): 3:50am On Nov 29, 2016
midehi2:

no....but ya mama gat husband that begat you grin
Yes. But that was not her priority in Life.
well, we are different sha.
Amen to your Prayers though
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Lalaska(m): 4:58am On Nov 29, 2016
Na Nigeria now, NOC for no get flight money to the Olympics so dream no 1 failed. No equipment for adequate preparation so dream no 2 failed. ASUU on strike so dream no 3 failed. Nigeria, killing dreams since 1960.
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by henryhemon(m): 6:09am On Nov 29, 2016
midehi2:
dream come true

You see the dream of a typical Nigerian lady.....marry a rich husband,they never think about making money for themselves. Just a few of them..compare that lady's dream n yours,am sure she also wants to marry.
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by dantori(m): 7:06am On Nov 29, 2016
AdoraAmadi:
At 17 years old, Nigerian born US athlete Morolake Akinosun shared a dream on Twitter that, by 2016 when she will be 22, she would graduate from a university she hadn't not chosen yet, and go to the Olympics and win a gold medal.

Five years on, all of those 3 dreams have become a reality.

This 2016, Morolake Akinosun went to the Olympics, won a gold medal and by this Saturday will graduate from The University of Texas.

The proud achiever took to Twitter to update fans on her achievement. See photo below:

The 22-year-old runner told Buzzfeed News she posted the tweet in 2011 after watching the World Championships for Track and Field.
"At the time I tweeted that out, it was more of a dream and an aspiration," she said. "I wasn't on the level yet and I didn't know for sure that I would every get there, but I for sure wanted to get there."

Ms Akinosun had forgotten about the tweet until it came up on her Timehop app.

I truly believed this was a goal of mine, and I dreamed big, and I was able to achieve my dream. I want to encourage girls to go ahead and go after it, no matter how big it is, no matter how many people think your dream is unachievable.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/11/us-based-nigerian-lady-goes-viral-after.html
No be like our Nigerian girls wey go de think I'll go to school study hard and marry 'A RICH MAN'
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by TheAlchemist: 9:31am On Nov 29, 2016
itoldu:
Atiku will never become President in 2019.
He will run but won't win. A woman will beat him grin grin grin
Oh well! THAT IS IN 3 YEARS TIME. cool cool cool

you mean a wool-man would beat him!
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by midehi2(f): 9:44am On Nov 29, 2016
henryhemon:

You see the dream of a typical Nigerian lady.....marry a rich husband,they never think about making money for themselves. Just a few of them..compare that lady's dream n yours,am sure she also wants to marry.
you are really dumb, where did you see marry a rich man or is it even a crime to marry a rich man, and who told you am not making money, am still making money and need a family my dear, is not all about money but fulfilling your dream and having a nice family to enjoy it with you, that dream i have achieved, so next time, understand one's comment before quoting, some guys mentality are really too low.
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by midehi2(f): 9:49am On Nov 29, 2016
PhysioJay:
Yes. But that was not her priority in Life.
well, we are different sha.
Amen to your Prayers though
most of you really don't understand my comment, she achieved her priority..and i have achieved mine, my next is family which i simply stated there, my dear, no one can really boast of a family without achieving more/enough to cater for a family cool
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by midehi2(f): 9:52am On Nov 29, 2016
Godshand:

So getting married and bearing children is now a career? Wetin i no go read here?
Eeeyaa! sorry for your poor understanding, alot of kids, choi grin
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by devvland(m): 10:23am On Nov 29, 2016
midehi2:
dream come true

Husband and children. Typical
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by MxFactor: 10:26am On Nov 29, 2016
See them they want to fight now wasting precious energy on nothing.
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by midehi2(f): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2016
devvland:

Husband and children. Typical
sorry you fell from the sky, tomorrow they will say "my mum is the best woman on earth" tufiakwa!
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by oaroloye(m): 11:37am On Nov 29, 2016
Maybe she read that RHONDA BYRNE'S book.
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by centboy123456(m): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
midehi2:
dream come true

Ur dream is to live in a
comfortable home with my kids and adorable
husby

How can u have just a dream all there africa woman all ur dream is to get married and have kids that what all u know u can't dream for a better tin to do na to dey get balle bron na or na sbi mumu people with all na fish brain can't u think of a better tin to do na to bron and marry I tried for or na black woman wit black brain
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by midehi2(f): 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
centboy123456:

Ur dream is to live in a
comfortable home with my kids and adorable
husby

How can u have just a dream all there africa woman all ur dream is to get married and have kids that what all u know u can't dream for a better tin to do na to dey get balle bron na or na sbi mumu people with all na fish brain can't u think of a better tin to do na to bron and marry I tried for or na black woman wit black brain

should I tell you my dream of becoming an A. H. is true, now I want a family, pls swerve
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by centboy123456(m): 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
midehi2:

should I tell you my dream of becoming an A. H. is true, now I want a family, pls swerve

Have kids and getting married is not a dream pls take note of it see let's me tell u some always dream big don't just see ur self getting married and having kids that is not a dream that is not why u came to this world u came for a better tin ask God to show u ur dream fellow her heart believe in ur self stop dream to have kids and get married that is not a dream pls take not and Godbless u
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by midehi2(f): 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
centboy123456:

[s]
Have kids and getting married is not a dream[/s] pls take note of it see let's me tell u some always dream big don't just see ur self getting married and having kids that is not a dream that is not why u came to this world u came for a better tin ask God to show u ur dream fellow her heart believe in ur self stop dream to have kids and get married that is not a dream pls take not and Godbless u
and who said so...you are really dumb to misunderstand my comment
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by centboy123456(m): 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
midehi2:
and who said so...you are really dumb to misunderstand my comment

Ok am dumb no problem I just pary God gave u what u want

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gianna Bryant & 3 Others Killed In Helicopter Crash With Kobe / Drogba Separates From His Wife, Lalla Diakate, After 10 Years Of Marriage / Cristiano Ronaldo's Amazing Car Collections That Will Be Flown To Juventus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.