Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,878 members, 7,806,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Saved From Danger Experience. Tell Your Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saved From Danger Experience. Tell Your Story (389 Views)

The Danger Of Associating With Greedy People / UN Removes Jesus’s Birthplace From Danger List Of Heritage Sites / New Photos Of Lizzy, Drug Addict Saved By Pastor Tony Rapu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saved From Danger Experience. Tell Your Story by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
I was in HND II in Poly Ibadan, 1994. I went home to collect stipends from my parents who live in Ibadan as well and came back around 7:30/ 8pm to the school campus. I lived in one of the Quarters at the North Campus. The bus that took us from Sango got to the last bus stop in the school and what I first noticed was there was an unusual calmness and there was no movement of persons except those that I came with in the bus. Not knowing there had just happened a fracas between two rival cults, and that was the reason why the campus looked like a ghost town. I decided to go and eat at a restaurant called Top class at Abe igi before going to the room because I didn't feel like cooking that evening so I strolled straight to the restaurant on my way I saw a big circle of students singing in a language I don't understand, I believed they were Kegites club so I moved on towards them , it had just rain and there was a big pool of wster on the untared road so I hard to go close to the circle of students singing under the tree in the dark and I was so close to the extent that if I had stretched my hand I would have touched the nearest person to me. So I walked pass the circle and straight up to the restaurant. I got to the restaurant and met it closed. it was unusual for the lady to close at that time so I was about turning back when I saw reflection of light from inside, so I knocked about four times before I heard "yes who is that", she knows me well, so I mentioned my name , my nickname and she came to open the door and urged me to quickly come in.I entered and she hurriedly locked the door. I was surprised and I asked what happened, I met some students there all were not eating but sat down quietly as if mourning someone. It was only a man eating who I later learnt was a lecturer. The woman asked where I took in coming and I said Abe igi and She almost screamed " Aaaa they just chased someone up with machete and other weapons from that same place you passed injuring him. And I was almost shaking with fear. So I just passed the lion's den without being harassed or injured. I started thanking my God. That was a divine power at work. How God did it I really don't know till date. Before then there had been several cult fights that ended up leaving people killed and Atimes innocents were among the victims.
It was now how to go back to the Quarters after eating, nd that's why other students about six of them couldn't go to their rooms. we were discussing when the young lecturer eating told us to let him finish that we should follow him when he is done. Na so we waited for the guy and we all followed another root to our different rooms.

Either I was invisible or someone that knows me was among the cultists, that said please don't touch him. only God knows. He saved me that night and it was a miracle.
They would have just said "this one get liver Oo E dey dare us."
Re: Saved From Danger Experience. Tell Your Story by Seun(m): 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2016
I'm very glad that you got lucky, though it is unfortunate that other guy was chased and injured.
Re: Saved From Danger Experience. Tell Your Story by foladara777(m): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
This doesn't show u were saved... Or d other guy that was killed didn't deserve to be saved or was 'unsavable'?
Re: Saved From Danger Experience. Tell Your Story by GMBuhari: 2:46pm On Nov 29, 2016
Since 1994? Do you want to compile scary stories?

FYI it may have nothing to do with being invincible, they may have left the vicinity except if they are girls you passed through thier midst
Re: Saved From Danger Experience. Tell Your Story by Omudia11: 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
That how y'all spam threads with your warped mentality. This thread is about the poster, not the other guy.
foladara777:
This doesn't show u were saved... Or d other guy that was killed didn't deserve to be saved or was 'unsavable'?

(1) (Reply)

Hearing From God / Overcoming Masturbation : True Life Account / The Flesh Is The Problem Of Believers, Not Sin Because Jesus Destroyed Sin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.