Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos (28441 Views)

Ogun Bridge In Panseke Adigbe, Longest Pedestrian Bridge AKA Bridge Of Confusion / Ambode Is Building Pedestrian Bridge At Magodo-Alausa Secretariat Bus-stop / Speeding Driver Arrested After Knocking Down A Pedestrian In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by allansie(m): 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2016
This should be Ketu pedestrain bridge
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by HDee(m): 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2016
ellacute45:

I'm sure you didn't understand that cheesy

I'm sorry to break your heart, but i do know the meaning. cheesy
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2016
HDee:

I'm sorry to break your heart, but i do know the meaning. cheesy

cheesy

Cool
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by Qualer: 10:39pm On Nov 28, 2016
troylaurenz:
These are photos of a "feet traffic jam is currently happening at ketu market as pedestrians are desperately trying to use the flyover bridge because of the barricade that had been placed to prevent them from crossing the busy Ikorodu road.

The Lagos state government has placed the barricade in order to save lives and reduce the tendency of hit and run drivers on busy roads.

However the bridge is the only source of crossing for pedestrians coming from as far as mile 12 to the Ojota road before Ogudu, see more photos below

Source : www.elitetatafo.com/2016/11/photos-chaos-in-ketu-as-jam-packed.html?m=1

you people should stop all these negative minded crap you keep posting. it happens everywhere with a teeming population.
This is london underground on a good day.

2 Likes

Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by HDee(m): 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
ellacute45:

cheesy

Cool
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by cybriz82(m): 11:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
i hear u....peaceful life in kd indeed with d sound of booooooooom!!!! sometym....how many u dn hear boooooom for sokoto talkless of lagos.
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by yoged(m): 11:48pm On Nov 28, 2016
seedsower:
BETTER THAN CROSSING THE HIGHWAY.

About 8 yrs ago about 5 hoodlums bugled me into a compound at Cele express, Lagos in the name of law enforcement agency even though there was no KAI then, i was force to declare the content of my pocket which i did under duress.

God saved me that fateful day that i listed items to be purchase with the 14k that i had in my pocket.

I lied that my master will kill me if i fail to buy any of those items(which master na my money joor), at the end of the day they parted with about 5k, if i knew where they were taking me to i would rather allowed them to kill me at that express instead. I was taken to A DEN.

About 3 days later i had a dream where a more dreaded experience reoccurred.

Since that day till date i have never and will never cross a road where there is an option of pedestrian bridge.
bro it happens to me at oshodi on Sunday. I was about to cross the 2nd second lane when someone told me to go back. I quickly ran back. .only for 2 touts acting like a law enforcement agent, flashing an ID card that am under arrest. .mennn, I denied oooo that my money fell on the road and I went to pick it up. I stood on my ground, thankfully some women and men came around and shouted on them to leave me alone. Lazy People
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by Rexnegro(m): 12:08am On Nov 29, 2016
sam4:
Lagos na one country on its own, take it or leave it

modified
one Country on its own full of foreigners (Igbos) the You go See how lagos go quiet And scanty by xmas time..

1 Like

Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by Originalsly: 1:32am On Nov 29, 2016
Qualer:

you people should stop all these negative minded crap you keep posting. it happens everywhere with a teeming population.
This is london underground on a good day.
Bad comparison. This is about getting across a roadway. ... yours is about mass transit.

1 Like

Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by ehissi(m): 2:49am On Nov 29, 2016
Dilidee:
U need to see d bridge in the evening time

So was ojota's bridge b4 d construction ov anoda P.bridge

Bros!! Which of the Ojota!!?

The one whey I cross Pedestrian bridge last sunday for lagos state, abi na Ojota for ondo state??

Why una dey like to dey lie like small pikin whey thief meat for pot?? angry
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by vioment: 4:32am On Nov 29, 2016
Eye sore. Tell me why bullets no go fly if my visa lost for this one wen I come back so. Mack 11 cocked back, bull$hit better fall back.

Op no mind these pictures wen I wan drop here. E dun done on me say many people for naija no get idea of the outside world. Wetin I wan post here so na man made no be spirit build them.

Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by vioment: 4:34am On Nov 29, 2016
Op no vex abeg. some more dey come

Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by vioment: 4:35am On Nov 29, 2016
Op I dun almost finish

Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by vioment: 4:39am On Nov 29, 2016
last ones from serious countries not a zoo/animal kingdom.

Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by Ndkings1(m): 4:56am On Nov 29, 2016
government needs to do something about Lagos and this population boom
just imagine the smallest state in Nigeria with the second highest population after Kano.
just imagine a stampeded breaking out here on this bridge, many will be trampled to death.
to stay for lag na must?
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by Rekyz(m): 5:16am On Nov 29, 2016
Even my fish pond isn't this congested.
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by troylaurenz: 5:25am On Nov 29, 2016
do not get it wrong sir.... if this news gets to the relevant authorities, efforts will be made to construct another bridge asap,,, health-wise this much population on a flyover is not advisable. Please when criticizing, do that constructively and don't try to belittle one's effort to inform the public

deolu2000:
Must you open thread for every fly that you see minding its own business? that ppl are plying a flyover seem strange to you or whats the news abt this? Just last week someone posted abt the bridge at ojota,so what are you ppl campaigning for? If this much ppl were crushed my a trailer with a failed brake (God forbid), then buhari n ambode are in trouble, now barriers are made on the major highways to prevent unnecessary crossing, you are here complaining abt the crowd of ppl using the brigdes.abeg is the flyover complaining to you @OP?
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by Qualer: 6:01am On Nov 29, 2016
Originalsly:
Bad comparison. This is about getting across a roadway. ... yours is about mass transit.

Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by Qualer: 6:26am On Nov 29, 2016
Originalsly:

like i mentioned earlier, it happens in busy and populated areas of any given city. That is why they are called 'public utilities'.

These places are not always busy except in flash or peak rush moments!

For the images without bridges, imagine what would happen if there were any for crossing... same scenario! long story short, busy areas will always have crowds
be it in 'mass transit' grin or 'mass crossing' in transit!

Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by Qualer: 6:28am On Nov 29, 2016

Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by middlebelter(m): 6:54am On Nov 29, 2016
Although the OP made a good attempt, but the picture did not capture the severity of the crisis. Pedestrian movement actually came to a standstill. I made attempts to snap the scenario but it was twilight and getting dark for my camera to capture.
We implore the state Government to urgently provide a better alternative for the public.
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by deolu2000(m): 7:56am On Nov 29, 2016
troylaurenz:
do not get it wrong sir.... if this news gets to the relevant authorities, efforts will be made to construct another bridge asap,,, health-wise this much population on a flyover is not advisable. Please when criticizing, do that constructively and don't try to belittle one's effort to inform the public

ok, but note that the size of flyovers hv standard so constructing a bigger one at that point, i don't knw the feasibility but that said,the best part of the info should be channeled towards constant maintainance of the bridge and orderliness by the users.
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by djbobby007: 7:58am On Nov 29, 2016
igbo must go home
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by Originalsly: 10:54am On Nov 29, 2016
Qualer:

like i mentioned earlier, it happens in busy and populated areas of any given city. That is why they are called 'public utilities'.

These places are not always busy except in flash or peak rush moments!

For the images without bridges, imagine what would happen if there were any for crossing... same scenario! long story short, busy areas will always have crowds
be it in 'mass transit' grin or 'mass crossing' in transit!
Have you noticed they have no pedestrian bridge?...in a crowded city area? ...that they have cross walks /zebra crossings instead?....worldwide?.... why are we insisting on overhead crossings?... what is wrong with having crosswalks? It is backward and dumb to have pedestrians cross the street in a crowded urban area via overhead walkways. And people are looking forward to the second walkway.... great development!
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by bewla(m): 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
sam4:
Lagos na one country on its own, take it or leave it

modified
I hear say population they kano how come

1 Like

Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by sam4(m): 1:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
bewla:
I hear say population they kano how come
cow and other four footed animals
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by bewla(m): 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
sam4:
cow and other four footed animals
lo BA tan

1 Like

Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by sam4(m): 1:46pm On Nov 29, 2016
bewla:
lo BA tan
na so oooo
Re: Crowd Using A Pedestrian Bridge In Lagos by emperorkhali(m): 3:00am On Dec 01, 2016
troylaurenz:
These are photos of a "feet traffic jam is currently happening at ketu market as pedestrians are desperately trying to use the flyover bridge because of the barricade that had been placed to prevent them from crossing the busy Ikorodu road.

The Lagos state government has placed the barricade in order to save lives and reduce the tendency of hit and run drivers on busy roads.

However the bridge is the only source of crossing for pedestrians coming from as far as mile 12 to the Ojota road before Ogudu, see more photos below

Source : www.elitetatafo.com/2016/11/photos-chaos-in-ketu-as-jam-packed.html?m=1

this is small compared to the one here in o
jota

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trailer Hangs On Jibowu Bridge, Lagos (Video) / How Are Local Flights Boarded In Nigeria? / A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.