Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS (15551 Views)

NCAA Extends Ban On International Flights Till October / COVID-19: FG To Withhold Passports Of Travellers To Nigeria / Nigerians Without National ID Card Won’t Get Travel Passports, Says NIMC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by erico2k2(m): 9:20am On Nov 29, 2016
Blue3k:
The title is misleasding but the proof your paying taxes makes sense I guess.
What are they going to check it against ?
Everyone will claim they do not work or do Biz.
There is no moral backing to this shyte
But Vat hmm.I thought we already pay that cos I did when I got my nigerian passport

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by salauwale(m): 9:24am On Nov 29, 2016
"So if you reside in Nigeria and you are benefiting from being a Nigerian resident, it is only fair that you contribute to the system that makes you enjoy that standard of living.’’

Can you believe anyone would say this about a country where every fundamental amenities of life is epileptic. SMH
How do they get appointed self. I think he disillusioned, what country does he think he's the tax master of

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by TeamSimple(m): 9:26am On Nov 29, 2016
It shall never go well with anyone who supports the actions of NDA and still come here to wail over this.

The government must continue spending whether you like it or not. If they can't get from Niger delta oil,they will get from the poor masses. Including you NDA supporters.

Enjoy the beautiful season.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:26am On Nov 29, 2016
Atiku2019:
50% tax on data surely next week cry

I'm sure PMB's Zombies will go missing from here cry
egift comes to my mind

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by eph12(m): 9:27am On Nov 29, 2016
salauwale:

"So if you reside in Nigeria and you are benefiting from being a Nigerian resident, it is only fair that you contribute to the system that makes you enjoy that standard of living.’’
Can you believe anyone would say this about a country where every fundamental amenities of life is epileptic. SMH
How do they get appointed self. I think he disillusioned, what country does he think he's the tax master of
Can't believe someone thinks people are benefitting from being a Nigerian resident. This is so depressing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by SycophanticGoat: 9:27am On Nov 29, 2016
richidinho:
We have been subsidizing this govt since 2015, yet nothing to show forrit, uhn!

We pay extra N60 per litre of pms

We pay N50 per N1000 deposited into our own acct ooo

We pay extra N65 in each 3 withdrawals

Very soon they want us to start paying for every calls that exceed 3mins

Now this

They also plan to introduce tolls and have asked network providers to increase price of data by 150%. Buhari doesn't care if all poor and middle class citizens of this country perish.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by oluwashegunfunm(m): 9:29am On Nov 29, 2016
Atiku2019:
grin
Atiku for president ko Genevieve for for First Lady ni undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by mengho(m): 9:31am On Nov 29, 2016
I really don't mind paying for tax if the government actually those something for us with the money, But since I pay for EVERYTHING myselft what's d point of tax

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 29, 2016
Atiku2019:
We Are Tired cry cry cry cry cry cry

They've Taxed everything possible cry cry

May God Save us all.

#Atiku2019

The fulani slaves are here too

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by moiaimi(f): 9:34am On Nov 29, 2016
OmichaelO:
B.ast.ard son of a thousand fathers

make we kukuma dey pay tax for breathing too
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

just wait and see we will soon start paying for air

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by dustydee: 9:36am On Nov 29, 2016
What kind of useless headline is this? Don't journalists understand English anymore. How does showing proof of tax payment equate to paying VAT for a passport?
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by phemmie06(m): 9:38am On Nov 29, 2016
Shameless set of people, price keep skyrocketing without money in circulation yet you keep on inflicting hardship on the masses through unnecessary tax. What has been the result of the previous price increment. I heard the comptroller general of the custom saying the forex hasn't favored the custom, cos no importation yet they all want to increase their tarrif. God punish them all. FG and his members are free to resign. The nation will organize a befitting sent fort for them if they choose to

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by repogirl(f): 9:39am On Nov 29, 2016
Contribute to a system that makes one enjoy which stupid standard of living? FIRs must be mad. After all the tax, what stupid standard of living is there to show for it? Mad people.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by Whytelyon(m): 9:41am On Nov 29, 2016
Atiku2019:
[s]We Are Tired cry cry cry cry cry cry

They've Taxed everything possible cry cry

May God Save us all.

#Atiku2019[/s]

There is no difference between buhari and Atiku. Ask okada riders from Adamawa let them school you.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by repogirl(f): 9:42am On Nov 29, 2016
eph12:

Can't believe someone thinks people are benefitting from being a Nigerian resident. This is so depressing.
I'm telling you! Can you imagine the rubbish the fool is uttering with his foolish mouth?

Tax is a burden because we are dashing them money for ding absolutely nothing for us.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by bigtt76(f): 9:48am On Nov 29, 2016
What tax papers would students or unemployed have to present mister? angry It just doesn't make sense at all undecided

Blue3k:
The title is misleasding but the proof your paying taxes makes sense I guess.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by bigtt76(f): 9:51am On Nov 29, 2016
Exactly! Due to the inadequacies of the government around areas of security and provision of basic amenities, every family now is an employer of labour through the payment of private security guards and provision of their own amenities grin yet we still have to pay tax instead of being exempted from such.

repogirl:
I'm telling you! Can you imagine the rubbish the fool is uttering with his foolish mouth?

Tax is a burden because we are dashing them money for ding absolutely nothing for us.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by agrovick(m): 9:51am On Nov 29, 2016
“So if you reside in Nigeria and you are benefiting from being a Nigerian resident, it is only fair that you contribute to the system that makes you enjoy that standard of living.’’

This got me laughing, are we sure he is still talking about the same Nigeria that we know?
Standard of living where disruption in school calendar is the norm, where we have thieves as lawmakers and clueless individuals in power, the same Nigeria where lack of quality emergency response led to a lady's legs been chopped off.

Clowns

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by uzolexis(f): 10:05am On Nov 29, 2016
PaulIdu:

This got me really laughing...It's either these men are retarded or just merely being mischievous..What does one really benefit from being a Nigerian citizen? I provide poor quality water for my self ,I make my own electricity using over taxed fuel, I pay for my personal ,estate and area security, I pay for exorbitant tariffs for electricity that is never available , our kids have to go to private schools because the govt has provided any reasonable school, we fix our own roads and to get the same passport he mentioned I have to pay extra in bribes so I could even get it ....somebody tell me what privilege this madman is talking of please

even the so- called Nigerian passport is a burden to travel with cos it automatically makes you a suspect, you get double searched, extra scrutiny, asked embarrassing questions just cos you are a Nigerian angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 29, 2016
Mad man's version of economics.

To Increase taxes when general income levels are declining in an economy. angry in order to subsidize the lifestyles of a few greedy rich persons.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by rimzo(m): 10:13am On Nov 29, 2016
Another show whom APC are. How can you tax someone again for passport... This is a pure double taxation. Am not a tax practitioner but with my little knowledge on tax matters I know this is wrong.
For example. Government remove tax from my salary (Employee tax) and on same salary money they tax on goods (VAT) I buy with same salary. Now still on same salary you still want to tax me for getting a Nigeria passport. Na wa o!
My God help us for this APC government hand. 2019 pls com in time am ready to use my vote dis time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by IPOB123london: 10:15am On Nov 29, 2016
when aboki is running things

eeehhh
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by ifyalways(f): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2016
Soon they will tax us for shyteing. . .

Thank God for small small mercies, make them even tax the darn passport itself, there are options.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by emmydollars4life(m): 10:21am On Nov 29, 2016
the Buhari regime does not understand the word recession that is why they said is just a word, how can we have recession No financial inflow, inflation and Fed. Govt as an agent of pains to the masses

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by udy4real(m): 10:21am On Nov 29, 2016
vodutive:

is he saying an unemployed man can't have a passport? Only in Nigeria do we come out with these dumb ideas.

Abeg help me ask them,do I need to be working to own a passport,can't I get one as a means of identification since d national I'd can't be accessed after so many years I applied?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by kings09(m): 10:27am On Nov 29, 2016
Dis did not just come from u. Tot evrytin abt ur buhari govt is sweet n shld be swallowed just like dat witout questioning.

Hope u r ready for the new data prices from Dec 1. Aftrall, it's d 'change' u preach
HungerBAD:
Funny.

This Fowler Guy is a Clown.

You need your tax return to obtain your passport?what Country did he claim practice it?what has tax return paper got with an international passport?

Apparently he does not know what he is talking about. In Nigeria,just like Religion,it is okay to push things to the extreme.
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by chansmokers: 10:28am On Nov 29, 2016
divicode:

The fulani slaves are here too
Grandpa divicode your mates at old people's home are waiting for you.
Go join them and stop playing around with little kids on nairaland
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2016
tonyfrenzy:
[size=40pt]Not totally bad...[/size]
But
Standard of living, my foot.

If given the chance, this government will sell Nigeria and Nigerians to solve their insatiable money problems...
What standard of living
The standard living of the average Nigerian is a joke

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by Cue(m): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2016
So I'm now a Nigerian resident and not a Citizen anymore? Anu mpama! My international Passport is my RIGHT as a CITIZEN! I'm even starting campaign to stop the idiotic requirement of a guarantor for the Passport and idiots are adding more? its not a privilege, its a CITIZENSHIP RIGHT!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by agitator: 10:40am On Nov 29, 2016
HungerBAD:
Funny.

This Fowler Guy is a Clown.

You need your tax return to obtain your passport?what Country did he claim practice it?what has tax return paper got with an international passport?

Apparently he does not know what he is talking about. In Nigeria,just like Religion,it is okay to push things to the extreme.

You are not authorised to wail, we will sue you! be warned!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by agitator: 10:49am On Nov 29, 2016
Recently we went to a show and there was this muscular man. He will squeeze an orange removing all drops of liquid and offered to pay N100,000 naira to anyone who can squeeze out a drop of liquid. Some many muscular people tried in vain to squeeze out a drop without success. I also tried having budgeted the money already in my mind for investment in MMM, no joy. grin grin grin

Suddenly, out came a very lanky looking guy; he said he wants to have a go. People were sceptical since all the muscular guys in the gathering had tried their luck without success. The guy did not only squeezed out a drop but a glassful of liquid. Everybody was surprised and asked him the type of job he did for a living. He said he works at the FIRS. shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS by DobraDobra: 10:56am On Nov 29, 2016
I don't get it PROVE of TAX to get passport? And he claims its done all overd world? JESUS. In d best soeiety and any good country passort is part of ur citizenship pay need amout get ur passport its ur right same way u get ur birth certificate. Coming to ask for prove of tasx payment is out of place coss we have adults that are un employed we have sick people not working and needed passport to travel for treatment . Now they just want to creat avenue for dia staffs to milk people. We need help in dis country. Soon parents will need tas prove to get birth certificate for their child

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice: Learning A Skilled Work Before Moving To US For Msc. / Aero Flight Fire Alarm As Panic Passengers On Board Try To Disembark / Accident On Gombe-Kano Road Kills One, Injures Others (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.