Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? (36238 Views)

Mention Your Dream Country / Share Your Dream Country / Better Wisdom Of Leaving Nigeria For Your Dream Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:
Yes....NLNG Ship manning, and many shipping firms at Apapa Lagos. Try go for NIMASA certifications too, it helps. Research more about it and work towards it and you will get there with time, all the best smiley
Most seafarers don't get to actually visit the countries they go to. That's one stereotype people have about seafarers and it's a lie. If you intend visiting countries as a seafarer then a cruise line or a bulk carrier will be your best bet but they don't even exist in this subregion and honestly our certificate of competency license wouldn't even get you there. Am a final year marine engineering student and have sailed on a research vessel for 2 months.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by uncletorino(m): 12:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
Italy is a country I so much love to visit,cities like veniza,Sardinia,Genova and milano are beauty to behold. Ti voglio molto bene,ti amore Italiano.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by Icon79(m): 2:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
WinningSun:

what kinda job takes you to so much places. are you a CIA agent. abi na world tax collector.

Nope. Just a Sales Manager with Schlumberger. 90% of those trips were job related, except for these ones:

I went to school in Australia
Relocated to the US for grad school
Went to Alcapulco for tourism
The U.K. visits were personal as well - to see family.
And I visited Rome, Barcelona and Madrid during my Paris training.

Other than those, the rest of the trips were Schlumberger taking me around. And I did turn down a few travel opportunities as well: Norway, Scotland, Angola, China, etc.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 13, 2016
Icon79:

Nope. Just a Sales Manager with Schlumberger. 90% of those trips were job related, except for these ones:

I went to school in Australia
Relocated to the US for grad school
Went to Alcapulco for tourism
The U.K. visits were personal as well - to see family.
And I visited Rome, Barcelona and Madrid during my Paris training.

Other than those, the rest of the trips were Schlumberger taking me around. And I did turn down a few travel opportunities as well: Norway, Scotland, Angola, China, etc.

guy I must tell ya you are favoured. don't try to play it down that it is just hard work.

you should never stop thanking God for everything.

I would love to see a lot of places but I haven't even step my feet on a plane. yet I dream it. I tap into your success.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by MightyFortress: 3:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Japan, Canada, Australia, Norway, Sweden, Mauritius, The Maldives, China, South Africa, France, Kenya...
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by RaeMystix: 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2016
sirfee:
The main reason why I love Amsterdam is because they are very friendly.My former boss is from Amsterdam and he is very nice.I'm met some of his countrymen and they are also good people.My current boss is from Italy,some of them are like Nigerians(no offence).FYI I'm a chef.
Well yes, Netherlands are known to be friendly and respectful to most races. As for Italian boss. They are the orange (overly tanned version of us Nigerians). They are the ones who made the world know what it means to "put a hit on someone". cheesy Loud and in your face

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by sirfee(m): 3:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
RaeMystix:

Well yes, Netherlands are known to be friendly and respectful to most races. As for Italian boss. They are the orange (overly tanned version of us Nigerians). They are the ones who made the world know what it means to "put a hit on someone". cheesy Loud and in your face
Wow!you're absolutely correct.Do you have Italian friends?Honestly speaking they are too hostile but not all.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by RaeMystix: 3:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
sirfee:
Wow!you're absolute correct.Do you have Italian friends?Honestly speaking they are too hostile but not all.
Just happened to watch so many of them on reality Tv shows. Although, I love them cos they are very bug on family.Family and blood is everything to them. So can't mess with their family and lobed one's. Irams one is calling for death.

What type of chef are you?. Pastry?. That's a good career choice. I might be wrong, but I used to think every chef's dream is to go spend about a year in Paris. That seems to be the alight of their career as a chef.
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by sirfee(m): 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
RaeMystix:

Just happened to watch so many of them on reality Tv shows. Although, I love them cos they are very bug on family.Family and blood is everything to them. So can't mess with their family and lobed one's. Irams one is calling for death.

What type of chef are you?. Pastry?. That's a good career choice. I might be wrong, but I used to think every chef's dream is to go spend about a year in Paris. That seems to be the alight of their career as a chef.
I'm an executive chef(chef de cuisine),the French are the best chefs and paris is cool but remember the saying "different strokes for different folks".

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by RaeMystix: 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
sirfee:
I'm an executive chef(chef de cuisine),the French are the best chefs and paris is cool but remember the saying "different strokes for different folks.

True. I watched an episode of Anthony Bourdain in Netherlands and loved their foods. Quite creative. It's also a quiet and laid-back country Goodluck. You know sky is the limit with your career. Hard work and faith will get you there.
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by sirfee(m): 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
RaeMystix:

True. I watched an episode of Anthony Bourdain in Netherlands and loved their foods. Quiet creative. It's also a quiet and laid-back country Goodluck. You know sky is the limit with your career. Hard work and faith will get you there.
Yeah,my cousin is currently working in Assen(Netherland).He is also a chef.I'm hardworking and I believe one day my dream is gonna come true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by RaeMystix: 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
sirfee:
Yeah,my cousin is currently working in Assen(Netherland).He is also a chef.I'm hardworking and I believe one day my dream is gonna come true.

Glad to hear that. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by Icon79(m): 4:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
WinningSun:

guy I must tell ya you are favoured. don't try to play it down that it is just hard work.

you should never stop thanking God for everything.

I would love to see a lot of places but I haven't even step my feet on a plane. yet I dream it. I tap into your success.

Mhen, you won't believe that I actually quit the SLB job for family reasons cry

It's all good. God is not done with us yet.

O pari
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by Ugosample(m): 6:05pm On Dec 13, 2016
Icon79:

O pari
You mean it shocked
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by Icon79(m): 6:37pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ugosample:

You mean it shocked

Bruh, sometimes, you don't know what you got until you lose it.

They were supposed to transfer me to a location closer to home, then the deal fell through at the last minute. Hence, I got angry and quit. Unfortunately, the oil glut happened a few months afterwards so it wasn't easy to get back into oil and gas.
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by Nomfanelo99(f): 6:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
skylane:
you can say that again,I am planning on going to see the famous mount olympus someday,I heard the gods still grace the mountain till today,some great company would be of great use....

hope I can someday
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by skylane: 7:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
Nomfanelo99:

hope I can someday
sure you can,its gonna be great If you do,I would like to Pm you then,I just did.
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by Ugosample(m): 8:10pm On Dec 13, 2016
Icon79:

Bruh, sometimes, you don't know what you got until you lose it.

They were supposed to transfer me to a location closer to home, then the deal fell through at the last minute. Hence, I got angry and quit. Unfortunately, the oil glut happened a few months afterwards so it wasn't easy to get back into oil and gas.

Eeyah

I hope you are good tho
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by coded01: 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2016
dmcdad:

Amen bruv! And not to forget Deutschland!

Wetin you dey find go that side? Stegen? grin
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
Icon79:

O pari
wow. you intentionally do that. I guess it is for greater glory.
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by dmcdad: 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2016
coded01:

Wetin you dey find go that side? Stegen? grin
I like their language and I dey learn am small small. Plus, I get sure person for there, white man though.
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ugosample:

And you think this happens in ALL west African countries

How many have you been to?
I may not have been to some of these countries but I am a learned person so I know what am talking about.
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by Ugosample(m): 10:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ogbonnaya1:

I may not have been to some of these countries but I am a learned person so I know what am talking about.

Oga forget story....
Go to Ghana/Ivory Coast /Senegal and even Benin/Togo, you will see things for yourself
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ogbonnaya1:

Bro whick Kyu are you I am shitoryu and I also do taekwondo.

Karateka

Shotokan

Blue Belt-4th Kyu.

All Stars Shotokan Karate Association/Club, Uniport. Sensei Mezie Okoye- Past

Ejim Martial Arts Club, Lagos. Sensei Ejim Ogan- Present

Ousu!
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
Hi,
I know you said 1 country...but I just picked back-ups in case I couldn't get to my 1st pick.
My list would be the following:
1.) Nigeria (I'm half Igbo...never been..want to meet my relatives & experience my "other" culture).
2.) Jamaica
3.) Trinidad & Tobago
4.) Puerto Rico
5.) Either Bahamas or St. Maarten
6.) Cote D'ivoire
I have lived in the U.S. my entire life...and been to Toronto & Montreal Canada (so I've been arpund Europeans my entire life). Not really interested in Asia or the Middle East. I want to see what it would be like to be in predominately black run countries/islands.

UrennaNkoli:
Mine would easily be Japan. Mainly the cities of Tokyo, Osaka, Sapporo. Japan has this aura that makes you feel on top of the world. Talk of the food, the people, the atmosphere grin. Everything is just perfect. I'll die for Japan.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by coded01: 1:09am On Dec 14, 2016
dmcdad:

I like their language and I dey learn am small small. Plus, I get sure person for there, white man though.

That language... grin
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by Nobody: 4:25am On Dec 14, 2016
AUSTRALIA...but already live here.

I wouldn't mind Sweden and Canada cool

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by malel1: 4:35am On Dec 14, 2016
WellEndowed:
AUSTRALIA...but already live here.

I wouldn't mind Sweden and Canada cool

How's life in aussie
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by Nobody: 4:58am On Dec 14, 2016
malel1:

How's life in aussie

Amazing wink
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by joeace2020(m): 7:46am On Dec 14, 2016
lovethchioma:
Oya come let us go

hehe am waiting in Ikeja for you
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by oxmale: 7:47am On Dec 15, 2016
UK(london), Canada, Jamaica and US..

then Thailand, Malaysia..
Re: What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? by kellyon: 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2016
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens is my fav book. And since my childhood I have been dreaming to visit United Kingdom. Soon, my dream will come true. I'm going to London at this Christmas. I've already found free accommodation in London at https://swap-house.com/host/united_kingdom/london/ to save more money for entertainments. Can't wait to see the Big Ben. I'm sure this Christmas will be unforgettable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos / Ongoing Construction Of Ekwulobia Flyover, Anambra In Pictures / EMU Trains For Lagos Light Rail Blue Line Ready For Shipping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.