Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Natural Hair Product Haul - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Natural Hair Product Haul (1858 Views)

Recommend A Hair Product For Faster Hair Growth. Here's Mine / Recommend A Hair Product For Faster Hair Growth. Here's Mine / Recommend A Hair Product For Faster Hair Growth. Here's Mine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Natural Hair Product Haul by SouthWestBlood(m): 9:49am On Nov 29, 2016

Hello guys! I want to talk about some products I’ve been using for my hair lately. Natural hair needs lots of attention and using the right products and oils make all the difference in the world. Investing and taking time out to pamper your natural hair is a form of psychotherapy in it self. The more you take care of something, the more you love it. Many of us have the desire to pamper our hair but are not even sure about what to use. If you have been reading my previous natural hair posts such as Natural Hair Routine and Products and Natural Hair Journey you find some tips on how to take care of your natural hair, the products I used and also provide information for those who want to transition. There are a whole lot of new products I’ve added and subtracted into my routine. Trying new things and figuring out what works best for you is key. Using products that are healthy and not harmful is also key.

Hair products I picked up at the Exhibition

Last month I attended the Beauty Africa Conferences and Exhibition at the Landmark Centre Lagos and it was a wonderful experience. I got to explore different brands both the popular and new ones and I must say I didn’t regret splurging a little. Here are some of the new products I picked up at the conference and some during my personal shopping online that I have been using for a while now.

Shea Moisture Strengthen grow and Restore Leave in Conditioner.

This conditioner contains Shea Butter, Peppermint oil and Jamaican black Castor oil which are essential hair foods. It is sulfate free, conditions, strengthens and helps the hair to grow in the process.

Organic Shea Butter: Deeply moisturizes while conditioning hair and scalp.

Jamaican Black Castor Oil: Loaded with reparative Omegas that promote healthy hair growth.

Peppermint: Stimulates the scalp for an invigorationg experience.

This conditioner is excellent for daily use either when styling or while in a protective. I had twists on when I bought it and it did wonders to the look of the twists. My hair feels soo soft when I use it. I just couldn’t stop myself from running it through my hair everyday and it smells like heaven! It is definitely a great buy. Retail price N3400.

Usage: I spray my hair with water to dampen it, section my hair then I apply my shea moisture leave in conditioner from root to tip and concentrate more on the tips to ensure sufficient distribution for the nourishment my hair needs.

Life Naturals Argan Oil

We all know that argan oil is like the holy grail. it is an ingredient in most natural hair products. Argan oil is proven to make hair softer, silkier and shinier. It is the ideal hair conditioner, and it can even help to treat split ends and tame frizzy hair. It helps relieve dryness, dandruff and flakiness as it is an excellent moisturizer. It is also excellent for styling and adds a healthy, attractive shine to the hair. It is rich in Vitamin E which gives the skin a natural boost. I got this from a stand at the Beauty Africa exhibition I wanted to choose between this peppermint oil but I thought about the benefits I would get on my skin also so I chose this. It retails for N3000.

Usage: I apply as a daily moisturizer along side my Shea Moisture leave in conditioner. It keeps hair strong, shiny and moisturized all day long.

Jamaican Mango and Lime Pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil in Xtra dark.

This is a must have for all naturalistas. It deeply conditions, strengthens the hair and seals in moisture. I used to use the African naturalistas castor oil and it was really good and helped my hair grow. I’ve heard people rave so much about the Jamaican black castor oil I decided to purchase this since I ran out of my castor oil. There were a whole different combinations of this brand on the stand that day but I went for the pure extra dark one because it wasn’t mixed with any other oils just how I wanted it. The distributors at the Beauty Africa Exhibition were Feenock and Partners Limited. Most of the products on their stand went for good prices and the Oil retailed for about N2500.

Usage: I apply at nights before going to bed 3-4 times weekly as it is better to use heavy oils at night. Applying this oil to the edges keeps them on fleek. I also use the Jamaican black castor oil for hot oil treatment which involves heating up the oil by immersing the bottle in hot water then applying to the scalp and hair with finger tips after which I cover my hair in a plastic cap for 15-30minutes before shampooing and conditioning. Trust me this treatment makes all the difference.

Via Natural Edge Gel

Every naturalistas knows the struggle with edge controls and gels. Nothing seems to keep our hair in place as it keeps curling up after a few hours or even minutes. We can finish a whole container of gel and it still won’t keep it in place. This product however proved that we have hope. It actually stays on for hours, leaves minimal residue and contains Argan and olive oil which nourishes the hair. I dare say its the best edge control I’ve used and I honestly hadn’t even heard about that product before that day. I just needed some edge control and I took a chance on this product look what I found. I bought it for about N3000 also on the Feenock and Partners stand that day but trust me its totally worth it.

Usage: I apply with my hands to my edges then use a toothbrush to lay them and style the hair how I want. the edge control provides a strong hold which ensures great styling.

OGX Quenched Sea Mineral Moisture Shampoo

This has been my go to shampoo for a while now and I have to say it is so awesome. It cleanses the hair thoroughly, it is sulfate free and doesn’t leave the hair dry and brittle like most shampoos do. It contains a rich blend of hydrating sea minerals along with healing algae to wrap split ends in repairing moisture while Sea Kelp makes dry hair soft and supple. Any naturalista looking for a quality affordable shampoo should definitely pick from this range. It retails for about N3000 but I luckily bought it on a sale here TheBeautyboon for N1500

Usage: I section my hair into four parts, wet each section then apply the shampoo and masage into hair and scalp then rinse off with ACV and water.

Rosemary oil has been said to stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss after shampooing. It also promotes increase in microcirculation of the scalp, which promotes healing, it strengthens hair and increases the ability of hair to resist traction. Scholars say it promotes up to 22.4% increase in “rapid” hair growth.

I discovered this brand in my Instagram when I saw an ad of the rosemary oil and decided to try something new. The brand is owned by a very young lady and i was really impressed she had such initiative so I just had to support and I must say she is doing well. She even delivered it herself. Big ups for small beginnings. Instagram page- @soniachiberry I purchased the 100ml bottle which retails for N1500. I’ve heard the lovely benefits of rosemary oil on hair growth and it was an opportunity to explore. I must confess i don’t use it often because I’m so used to my staple oils. However, i saw difference in my edges with all them baby hairs popping out overnight and love how it locks in moisture whenever i use it at night, it leaves my hair feeling hydrated in the morning.

Usage: I use 2-3 times weekly. i section my hair, dampen it with a spray bottle apply on to my scalp and edges at night then plait the hair and put on a satin cap.

We all know coconut oil is life. I was using Rand Luxury coconut oil and when I ran out of that I decided to try this out also from Lasonia Natural. I purchased the 250ml bottle and it retails for N3000. It comes in a spray bottle which I love cuz it makes application more efficient and minimizes spillage. I use this as a daily moisturizer for my hair, lips and sometimes skin. Pure coconut oil has countless benefits as it is a perfect moisturizer. It hydrates the hair, enhances hair growth, keeps the hair supple and adds a radiant shine and it smells like heaven too!

Usage: I apply daily on my hair by spraying it into my hair and massaging with my fingers from root to ends down to the scalp and edges.

That’s it for my product haul guys! Any products making your natural hair pop? Kindly share in the comment section. Thanks for reading guys. Hope this post has been helpful to all my sistahs out there.

Culled: http://honeyricci.com/natural-hair-product-haul/
Re: Natural Hair Product Haul by Sandydayziz(f): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2016
undecided Geez they're so expensive... Nd I was tinking of going natural shocked
Re: Natural Hair Product Haul by SouthWestBlood(m): 11:04am On Nov 29, 2016
Sandydayziz, but you still make your hair every 2-3 weeks, right?
Re: Natural Hair Product Haul by Sandydayziz(f): 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2016
SouthWestBlood:
Sandydayziz, but you still make your hair every 2-3 weeks, right?
Yes I do
Re: Natural Hair Product Haul by dhummystecah(f): 11:25am On Jan 08, 2017
Sandydayziz:
undecided Geez they're so expensive... Nd I was tinking of going natural shocked

Do you desire looking beautiful with a banging Hair? MiMi Beauty cares about you and how you nourish your hair and body.

(1) (Reply)

Free Organic Traffic / Biafrans On Social Media And Biafrans In Abia / For The Religious And Family Folks ; HELP !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.