Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa (26539 Views)

Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial / First New HIV Strain In 19 Years Identified / HIV Vaccine Breakthrough As Experts Generate Immune Cells To Stop Spread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by happney65: 4:46pm On Nov 29, 2016
Clone2020:
Every World AIDS day, they come up with these headline news to suggest they are making progress. Call me a conspiracy theorist, I strongly believe there is already an HIV cure in the hands of these big pharmaceutical companies but they refuse to release it all for profits. They already make billions of dollars in the antiretroviral drugs given to HIV patients, but those drugs aren't cures and they are too burdensome for patients because they have to take a concoction of pills every single day of their lives and many patients tend to become noncompliant in the process. I just hope this new vaccine will lead to better results and not become a testing ground by big pharma.

FACT!!!
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by Fourwinds: 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
Henrolla:
nice one.

Meanwhile, Nigeria accounts for more than a quarter of all new HIV infections among children globally and only half of pregnant women living with virus are tested for the disease

But i thinks Nigerians need to get some chill, always taking the lead in the wrong things
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by Fourwinds: 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
Henrolla:
nice one.

Meanwhile, Nigeria accounts for more than a quarter of all new HIV infections among children globally and only half of pregnant women living with virus are tested for the disease

But i thinks Nigerians need to get some chill, always taking the lead in the wrong things
yes...dat show Nigerians dey fccuk well well
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by Paperwhite(m): 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
[/b]"According to the United States National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), the study, called HVTN 702, is to test whether an experimental vaccine regimen safely prevents infection among South African adults. It involves a new version of the only HIV vaccine candidate ever shown to provide some protection against the virus."[b] That is so interesting.Looking forward to this feat. cool
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by bignero: 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
Vanquay:
I am not in support of a vaccine, let it kill a few more hundred million people...The Earth's population needs to be reduced.

Y'all dumb religious sentimental fvcks hop off my dìck...look around you, the earth could do with less brainwashed Jesus asslickers and Islam terrorists like you...Poverty, Terrorism, Slums, Are results of overpopulation in a sense.

why must u always show immaturity always?
always quick to show ur a phoney speaking yankee immature kid....
empty barrels are loud....if you have something to show , it would be loud and clear ...quit trying too hard, it only shows emptiness

2 Likes

Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by Ddy(m): 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
Lilimax:
Why Africa alone? They should try the Caribbean nations or South America Abi na only we dem fit use do guniea pig? embarassed
I tire ooo. why always africa
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by seguno2: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
Was it discovered in Africa by Africans with the plenty 1st class and PhDs that we celebrate anyhow here and elsewhere?
Abi what is the essence of certificates, if the knowledge they received cannot be used to solve the problems of our society?
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by forray(m): 5:41pm On Nov 29, 2016
Vanquay:
I am not in support of a vaccine, let it kill a few more hundred million people...The Earth's population needs to be reduced.

Y'all dumb religious sentimental fvcks hop off my dìck...look around you, the earth could do with less brainwashed Jesus asslickers and Islam terrorists like you...Poverty, Terrorism, Slums, Are results of overpopulation in a sense.

The earth is over populated like u say, what is stopping you from stepping in front of a moving truck. Sadist

2 Likes

Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by Billiondoe: 5:43pm On Nov 29, 2016
Schlme:
Nice1.. . Its bout time

Them don start
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by legibow: 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2016
They have rana Africa oooo..... So are they telling me dey can't start from italy or chain or usa.... They want to come and do 419 here ba.... Mmm never do them
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by InvertedHammer: 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
lovelygurl:

EXACTLY! But the Africans will even be willing to test it. Smhhh
/
Test drugs on people and pay millions of dollars in fines.

OR

Give an African chief N5m (about $13k) and he will line his people up as guinea pigs. The best part is if anything goes wrong, it is considered the will of God and the drug manufacturer will not be held responsible.

So it is cheapest to look towards Africa.
\

2 Likes

Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by Codes151(m): 5:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
Lilimax:
Why Africa alone?
They should try the Caribbean nations or South America
Abi na only we dem fit use do guniea pig? embarassed
unless there is a kind of subsidized price agreement! If not, then why Africa!
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by NevetsIbot(m): 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
Vanquay:

you're dumb man. Sooo dumb
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by mengho(m): 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
Vanquay:

You can start by killing yourself, that will also help reduce d earth population by 1,

1 Like

Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by wayisshut: 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
After taking BA from Lagos to Abuja. I have decided to stop taking you serious. cos I no whoever did this to you will never go unpunished
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by Originalsly: 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
Gerrard59:

Truth is: there's no cure. No pharmaceutical company will have the cure and hoard it. Additionally, before there's a cure, the research paper would have been published in medical journals thereby telling everyone the possibility and procedure(s).

There are so much avenues for information nowadays for a company to hoard it. Furthermore, where else would the drug be tested? Africa has the highest causalities of HIV in the world. Your conspiracy theory is akin to a company testing a drug for Alzheimer's in Africa.

Can you please tell me where else the drug should have been tested? Not long ago, a drug was tested for Dengue fever. Where? South East Asia. Why? That's where you have the highest causalities.
Bro.... since HIV originated in the US... don't you think they should be experimenting with their own?... you read about the US Military HIV Research section... why are they operating in Thailand?....why not in the US?... have you ever wondered why US Military was involved in stopping the spread of Ebola in Africa?.... and do you ever wonder why the experimental vaccines are being used in Africa?...and not the US? The poorest areas of the world are now targeted to carry out various experimemts... including the Ziko virus.... use as biological weapon. Which pharmaceutical company is interested in finding a cure for anything?...the name of the game is management.. how to manage or control a disease... to have the patient on the drug for a lifetime. .. to keep the cash flowing. Keep waiting for them to find a cure for HIV or cancer.

1 Like

Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
Vanquay:

[s]Y'all dumb religious sentimental fvcks hop off my dìck...look around you, the earth could do with less brainwashed Jesus asslickers and Islam terrorists like you...Poverty, Terrorism, Slums, Are results of overpopulation in a sense.[/s]
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
so africans are lab rats...
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by kristian98(m): 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
Vanquay:

why dont you do yourself a good job and hook around better websites in your country dont come here and make lame replies all in the name of likes and shares!!! think before you talk if u think the world is over-populated, why dont you start with your family. ELENU 8ALABALA!!! who you epp?
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by bhunD: 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
it's another virus coming in...jst wait and see.

1 Like

Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by DIYlady01: 8:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi85JHG1c7QAhUqIsAKHTwRCBYQFggZMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FAbdullahi_v._Pfizer%2C_Inc.&usg=AFQjCNELWbz3Ygb_2r5qyumeyK8sW4w64w&bvm=bv.139782543,d.bGs

I hope the trials go on well. Let it not become the nightmare some people had to suffer during the Pfizer drug trials...
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by Gentle99(m): 8:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
10) Democratic Republic of the Congo – 1,100,000
Around 100,000 people die of AIDS every year in Democratic Republic of Congo. It is one of the first African nations to recognize the virus. Here the main mode of transmission (87 percent of cases) is unprotected sex.

9) United States – 1,148,200
HIV may have entered the US through a single infected immigrant in the late 1960s. There are a higher percentage of AIDS diagnoses in the eastern and the southern states. Majority of the AIDS diagnoses can be found in the coastal regions.

cool Uganda – 1,200,000
In Uganda, AIDS has been approached as more than a health issue. In spite of appropriate steps by the government to deal with this disease, HIV infection rate in Uganda is on the rise.

7) Zimbabwe – 1,200,000
Around 15 percent of the population in Zimbabwe is affected by this disease. The virus is transmitted primarily through unprotected sex and from mothers to their children. Young adults and woman are hardest hit.

6) Tanzania – 1,400,000
Tanzania faces a matured generalized HIV epidemic. Tanzanian women are particularly affected by this disease; around 60 percent of the affected are women. Around 86,000 people die of AIDS every year in this country.

5) Mozambique – 1,400,000
Mozambique is facing a severe, generalized HIV/AIDS epidemic. Around 74,000 people lose their life every year due to AIDS. The primary mode of transmission is through unprotected sex.

4) Kenya – 1,500,000
Even though Kenya has severe, generalized HIV epidemic, the nation has experienced a notable decline in HIV prevalence in recent years. Around 80,000 people die of AIDS every year in Kenya.

3) India – 2,400,000
The prevalence of AIDS in India has reduced (0.41 in 2002, 0.27 in 2013) over the past decade. Around 170,000 people die of AIDS in India every year. The spread of the disease is primarily restricted to the northeastern and southern regions.

2) Nigeria – 3,300,000
Around 220,000 people die due to AIDS every year in Nigeria. The HIV prevalence rate among adults (aged between 15 years and 49 years) was 3.1 percent. The epidemic is complex and varies widely by region.

1) South Africa – 5,600,000
South Africa has more people with HIV than any other nation in the world. Approximately 12 percent of the population of South Africa is affected by HIV/AIDS, and around 310,000 people die due to this disease every year in this nation.
These nations are taking steps to deal with this harmful virus, but much more needs to be done in this direction.

Have you seen the reason why the vaccine test was started here? There are just two non African countries on the list, USA and India.

If i say may una stop fucking those girls, e go be like say i wan chop una Apple.
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by bobokunlexzy: 12:47am On Nov 30, 2016
This is nice & encouraging. Africans, let's learn to support good things instead of castigating. Afterall what have we done to help the world??
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by dee02(m): 7:15am On Nov 30, 2016
Excelboi:
After hiding the vaccine for several years, it's now they intend to release it. Good news all the same.
They hid it in your wardrobe at home right?
Moro.....n!
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by ednut1(m): 8:33am On Nov 30, 2016
QuietHammer:

Hahaha. I see what you did there
wat did u see grin
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by Excelboi(m): 9:16am On Nov 30, 2016
dee02:
They hid it in your wardrobe at home right? Moro.....n!
Unmannered human. Go learn some respect and manners.
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by dee02(m): 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
Excelboi:
Seun, Mynd44... Rule 2 broken

Who cares?! undecided cool
Re: First New HIV Vaccine Trial Begins In Africa by Exciton(m): 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
Gerrard59:

Truth is: there's no cure. No pharmaceutical company will have the cure and hoard it. Additionally, before there's a cure, the research paper would have been published in medical journals thereby telling everyone the possibility and procedure(s).

There are so much avenues for information nowadays for a company to hoard it. Furthermore, where else would the drug be tested? Africa has the highest causalities of HIV in the world. Your conspiracy theory is akin to a company testing a drug for Alzheimer's in Africa.

Can you please tell me where else the drug should have been tested? Not long ago, a drug was tested for Dengue fever. Where? South East Asia. Why? That's where you have the highest causalities.

It's shocking that the only sensible post in this thread has just 2 likes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Monica Eimunjeze Appointed As NAFDAC Acting DG / 77% Of Black Doctors In Us Are Nigerians –reps’ Committee / Covid-19: Nigeria Didn’t Ask Madagascar For Cure, They Gave Us ― FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.