Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

A Historic Baptist Church Now In Imo State!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Historic Baptist Church Now In Imo State!!! (480 Views)

My Church, First Baptist Abuja Shared Rice And 10,000 Cash To Ease Lockdown / Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe / Painting Of Jesus Remains Untouched As First Baptist Church Burns Down In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Historic Baptist Church Now In Imo State!!! by pastorabuoma(m): 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hello all, this is just to inform you all that there is now a new Primitive Baptist Church opened now in Imo State. I understand there are many who have been seeking for a Baptist Church, either a Reformed Baptist Church or A Primitive Baptist Church.

It is not easy to find a true Baptist Church that teaches the Doctrine of Grace properly, and this has been a major problem to most of us who are seeking for a true Baptist Church to worship. I hope you will be glad to join us.

For the sake of those who are unfamiliar with what a true Historic Baptist Church teaches, I shall here make mention of some of the distinctive doctrines of a Historic Baptist Church. They are as follows:

1. THE SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD: a true historic Baptist Church emphasizes the Sovereignty of God above all else; that God is sovereign means that he does whatever he pleases and that according to the counsel of his own will (Eph 1:11: Dan 4:35; Job 23:13). There are many people today who think, believe and preach that God does only what men incline him to do, whereas Scripture which is our only rule and guide teach otherwise. That God is SOVEREIGN is the unanimous voice of Scripture; that he created all things after the counsel of his own will is the unanimous voice of the saints and prophets; and that he created all things for HIS OWN PLEASURE is the unanimous voice of the holy angels in heaven (Rev 4:11 - Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created).

The sovereignty of God is most seen in his choosing and electing some men out of all the fallen race of mankind to be the object of his saving mercy. Though most men love to kick and speak against the truth of God's election, yet the Scriptures are very clear on it. Consider the following Scriptures and ponder over them,

1. Acts 13:48 - And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

2. Ephesians 1:4-5 - According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will.

3. But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth.

2. A second major doctrine which distinguishes the Historic Baptists from other major religions of the world is that believe in the inability of man to attain to salvation by his own natural might and exertions. This is generally known as the doctrine of Total Depravity. Many Scriptures affirm this truth, and we shall see very few briefly. We have a small booklet we give out to those wanting to know more on what the bible actually teaches.

John 6:44 - No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. This verse teaches that man, in his native state of sin and depravity cannot, does not, and will not come to the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, EXCEPT the God the Father draws him effectually by his spirit and power.

John 6: 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. This verse is very plain that only the Spirit of God can quicken a man to receive the Lord Jesus Christ and submit to him as both Lord and Saviour. It is beyond the unaided power of man to attain to salvation. Even faith – the act and exercise of believing, is a gift from God which he gives to his chosen children, also known as the elect. Ephesian 2: 8 β€œFor by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.

3. Particular Redemption: is the bible truth that God, having set his love upon some of sinners to redeem them, did chose them and wrote their names in the book of Life, and in pursuance to their eternal salvation sent his Son Jesus Christ to be a propitiation for their sins. Christ, in this sense is said to die, not for all of the human race, but for the elect who God chose beforehand to be redeemed by his precious blood. John 3:16 is popularly quoted to counter this precious truth of Christ dying for his elect alone, but we ask the objector, if John 3:16 means that God loves everybody, and that Christ died for everybody, is Esau also one of those who God loves? - Romans 9:13.

Christ said he laid down his life for his sheep, and in the same context and chapter, he said all men were not his sheep – See John 10:11 and verse 26.

In John 17 when Jesus prayed for the salvation of souls out of the world, he noted strikingly that he was not praying for the whole world, but only for those the Father gave unto him to save. John 17:9 - I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

4. The last distinguishing doctrine of the Historic Baptist I will mention is that they believe the Book of life was written before the foundation of the world. This might come as a shock to many, but it is only because they chose to believe men rather than God. Many churches teach and propagate the lie that God is busy writing names in the book of Life on a regular basis, but the Holy Scriptures teach that the book of Life was written before the world was created. I would quote two chief verses from the Bible, which is our rule for faith and doctrine.

Rev 17:8 - The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Rev 13:8 - 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

We are glad now that the Lord of hosts, our great redeemer has been pleased to vouchsafe us his light and mercy whereby we may have a church where we can hear and enjoy these precious truths about our salvation which was planned by God before the world began, and accomplished by the Lord Jesus Christ on the Cross, and is now been revealed to the saints by the Holy Ghost through the preaching of the gospel.

The Historic Baptist Church is in Umuaka, Njaba Local Goverment Area, Imo State.

For further inquiry call 08066692613; or send an email to umuakachurch@gmail.com; or you could visit our website www.umuakachurch.ml

There is a free booklet available to all who want to know more about the wonderful teachings of the Bible which the Historic Baptist Church believes. If you would like a copy to be sent to you for free, please contact the above phone number, email or website. If you also want a weekly short sermon sent to your email for free, please write to the email address: umuakachurch@gmail.com

God bless.
Re: A Historic Baptist Church Now In Imo State!!! by ajokebelle(f): 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
Because you just opened a baptist church doesn't mean you should downgrade other Baptist churches.
Re: A Historic Baptist Church Now In Imo State!!! by pastorabuoma(m): 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
Some men tend to have their brains in their fingers and write whatever evil thoughts that flies into their heads. Any reasonable person reading this thread will see that there is not one one in the post that looks anything like "downgrading other baptist churches." I was expecting you to prove one of the doctrines wrong, but you switch over to an illogical machination to accuse falsely. God help and forgive you.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/12/16 / Why Nigeria Can Never Be Islamised β€” Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo / Open Heavens Devotional 2017 Tuesday 7 February 2017:- None Shall Be Barren

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.