Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,796 members, 7,798,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools (3966 Views)

Serious Fight In Rigasa & Bakin Ruwa Kaduna(pics) / You’re Now Wiser After Leaving Office, Obasanjo Tells Jonathan / We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
Tony Anenih, former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) board of trustees, has revealed how the Late MKO Abiola appealed to Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, former military president, to allow him claim his mandate as president even if it was just for a single day.

Babangida annulled the June 12 1993 presidential election in which Abiola contested on the platform of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), against his rival Bashir Tofaof the National Republican Convention (NRC).

In his book, ‘My Life and Nigerian Politics’, Anenih, who was the national chairman of the SDP at that time, said Abiola told him repeatedly that Babangida was trying to embarrass him.

“On the issue of June 12, Chief MKO Abiola had called me on the phone to come for an urgent meeting in Ikeja. I flew to Ikeja and met Alhaji Baba Gana Kingibe, Dr Dele Cole, and Kola, MKO’s son,” he wrote.

“At the meeting, Chief MKO told us that his friend, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, planned to embarrass him. He kept repeating this without stating the type of embarrassment.

“Later, he insisted that we must leave his house for Kola Abiola’s house. He was terribly frightened and depressed. We all moved to Kola’s house in Maryland. Right from this time, Chief Abiola was trying to get President Babangida on the phone, but each time he tried Akilu received the call.

“We could hear Chief Abiola telling Akilu to tell his friend (IBB) that they were still friends, and that he should allow him to be president even for one day, and he would resign thereafter; that all the photographs they took together were still all over his house, and that he should not forget the past, and that God would bless him.

“MKO would repeat Akilu’s words: ‘You mean I should call back in 30 minutes? Okay, I will call back in 30 minutes’. This went on till 7pm when the national anthem was sung on the television and MKO hysterically was saying, ‘Do you see my friend? You see him? You see my friend? He wants to embarrass me. Pointing to the television and there was IBB with a piece of paper in his hand. It was the annulment speech of June 23, 1993, by which President Babangida annulled the election and repealed Decree NO 13 of 1993 and 52 of 1992 on which basis the election had been conducted.”

Anenih said that at a meeting, Babangida he made it clear that the military would not accept Abiola as its commander-in-chief.

“He (Babangida) told the meeting that the military would not accept MKO Abiola and Alhaji Tofa as their commander-in-chief of the armed forces and that we should go and prepare for a fresh presidential election with new candidates,” he said.

“He directed that the SDP and NRC should arrange fresh conventions to pick new candidates. He gave the two political parties six weeks to conduct fresh primaries, confirm the nomination of their candidates and hold fresh elections – an action President Babangida knew would not be possible.”

Follow us on twitter @thecableng

Copyright 2016 TheCable. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted sub
Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
Behold the sophistication of mko

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by koladebrainiac(m): 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
so whats ur point now poster?

6 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
koladebrainiac:
so whats ur point now poster?
if u can't decipher the reason for this write,then,sorry it's not my fault.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by Nutase: 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
Northern superiority. If Bashir Tofa had won the military would have accepted him. SMH for this nation and the westerners who have still not learnt a thing from history.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by koladebrainiac(m): 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
illuminated93:
honestly I can decipher it but the post does not make sense . was ojukwu not Gowon friend when Gowon was busy killing igbos?
or you think Nigeria forget how igbos messed up opportunity to rule this country n reshape it? .

its not Wisdom for IBB to have annulled the June 12 election. so he even handed over to shonekan and so what?
the thing its not Hausa thing .
even Babangida is not an Hausa so what's ur point.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by gaddafe(m): 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
What's the essence of this?

1 Like

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
Smh.

Pa. Aninih, we need more revelation. Northern superiority, and some people want to live in same country with these people!

If it were to be Tofa that won am pretty sure he would have been declared winner.
Rip M.K.O. Thunder fire ibb.

3 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by jahsharon: 7:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
I will rather believe Fayose, FFK and Jimoh Ibrahim to senseless fools than believe Tony Anenih whose biological grandchildren do not even believe.

7 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
My take on this issue

Babangida and Abiola were two thieves who didn't trust each other but IBB had the power so he used it to destroy Abiola

Abiola would have been another Buhari, they desire power but they are not ready for governance. Because Abiola was begging to Be President for just one day

The military was really northernised and were the power brokers

3 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by Funlordjnr: 8:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
grin

Abiola wanted to be president for just a day?

Real afonja behaviour!

18 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by galeiiTNA: 8:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
Funlordjnr:
grin

Real afonja behaviour!

The other time it was Diya begging Abacha for his life. Now its Abiola begging to be president for a day. Afonjas are slaves

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by steppin: 8:26pm On Nov 29, 2016
Funlordjnr:
grin

Real afonja behaviour!
grin take it easy with them.

6 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by dondo83(m): 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
galeiiTNA:

The other time it was Diya begging Abacha for his life. Now its Abiola begging to be president for a day. Afonjas are slaves

if you had brain as little as mustard seed, you will understand just being a president for 1hour can change the whole system. if abiola was confirmed, in 1hour he can sack all the service chiefs, keep his enemies under house arrest, appoint his loyalist immediately and turn 1day rule to 10years. Now do u get it?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
illuminated93:

Connect your headline to the story. What's the moral of the story?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2016
dondo83:

if you had brain as little as mustard seed, you will understand just being a president for 1hour can change the whole system. if abiola was confirmed, in 1hour he can sack all the service chiefs, keep his enemies under house arrest, appoint his loyalist immediately and turn 1day rule to 10years. Now do u get it?

You are asking Ibo to understand a notion that comes to Yoruba as basic instinct. You sef! grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by dondo83(m): 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

You are asking Ibo to understand a notion that comes to Yoruba as basic instinct. You sef! grin

I weak mehn! I have lots of smart ibo friends , they dont think like the ones I see here! its like the ones that comment on nairaland have down syndrome

12 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by mightyhazell: 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
dondo83:

smh! Small boy

9 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
Anenih said that at a meeting, Babangida he made it clear that the military would not accept Abiola as its commander-in-chief.

Ive always said the only people in Niheria we Yorubas ought to engage online when it comes to political discourse is Hausa, not Ibo. Ibos are far below us in political understanding but we and Hausas play a subtle political game of hide and seek thats really engaging and inspiring.

From the quote above it is clearly understood why the Hausa top-heavy military refused to accept Abiola as Commander in Chief because they understood that he is also the Yoruba tracitional Commander in Chief, Aare Ona Kankanfo. In his capacity as CiC of the NA a default exists where they are subjugated to the Yoruba titular Commander.

In his prayer to Babangida to be allowed even a 1day sitting as CiC...Yoruba will rope them in and change the dynamics of the political structure and leave them confounded.

It takes a thief to catch a thief! Lol.

1 Like

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by dondo83(m): 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
mightyhazell:
smh! Small boy

Thats all you can come up with? And they will say one witch in the village is after you whereas na common sense elude you

8 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by kernel504(m): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
gaddafe:
What's the essence of this?

The essence is in between the lines.

1 Like

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by mightyhazell: 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
dondo83:

Thats all you can come up with? And they will say one witch in the village is after you whereas na common sense elude you
if na to sharp mouth like native fowl now u go take first.common sense u no get

So u think abiola himself blieved babangida will grant his request of 'I hour tenure'. That line of thought alone makes u not evn a small boy,but an infant,lol

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by nwaanambra1(m): 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

[s]Ive always said the only people in Niheria we Yorubas ought to engage online when it comes to political discourse is Hausa, not Ibo. Ibos are far below us in political understanding but we and Hausas play a subtle political game of hide and seek thats really engaging and inspiring.

From the quote above it is clearly understood why the Hausa top-heavy military refused to accept Abiola as Commander in Chief because they understood that he is also the Yoruba tracitional Commander in Chief, Aare Ona Kankanfo. In his capacity as CiC of the NA a default exists where they are subjugated to the Yoruba titular Commander.

In his prayer to Babangida to be allowed even a 1day sitting as CiC...Yoruba will rope them in and change the dynamics of the political structure and leave them confounded.

It takes a thief to catch a thief! Lol. [/s]

this your comment have proved beyond all reasonably doubt that afonjas cannot and will never be delivered from being slaves to the north!

and the north knows it!

the awolowo cum abiola treatment loading. . . tinubu will soon be locked up in kuje - real soon!

you can bet on it. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by galeiiTNA: 9:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
dondo83:

See how stupid you are. You point of argument just shows how daft your both parents are. Change which system?? Abiola was begging to be president for a day. Lmfao. Shame.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by dondo83(m): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
mightyhazell:
if na to sharp mouth like krill now u go take first.common sense u no get

So u think abiola himself blieved babangida will grant his request of 'I hour tenure'. That alone makes u not evn a small boy,but an infant,lol

you must be a dyslexic patient not to understand the poster I quoted. He was of the opinion that why will abiola just want to rule for 1day, not that ibb wont have granted such request. Now do you get it? or na f9 things for comprehension ?

2 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by kettle84(m): 9:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
koladebrainiac:

honestly I can decipher it but the post does not make sense . was ojukwu not Gowon friend when Gowon was busy killing igbos?
or you think Nigeria forget how igbos messed up opportunity to rule this country n reshape it? .

its not Wisdom for IBB to have annulled the June 12 election. so he even handed over to shonekan and so what?
did yoruba through their son OBASANJO not mess up this country in his eight years of corrupt reign after he was rescued from prison and given the mandate by Nigerians to reshape this country?

some people go just they talk anyhow.

5 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by dondo83(m): 9:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
galeiiTNA:

See how stupid you are. You point of argument just shows how daft your both parents are. Change which system?? Abiola was begging to be president for a day. Lmfao. Shame.

eyah opcnairalnd warned me that you wont still get the logic of governance. I pray one day you get to management in your place of work (even if na head of gatemen on your street) then you will understand that he who pays the piper dictates the tune. for now you cant the logic.

1 Like

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by mightyhazell: 9:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
dondo83:

you must be a dyslexic patient not to understand the poster I quoted. He was of the opinion that why will abiola just want to rule for 1day, not that ibb wont have granted such request. Now do you get it? or na f9 things for comprehension ?
ignoramus! In ur little undeveloped brain,u thought ibb even gave a thot 2 wot abiola was requesting?? Cos the way ur building on wot wud hav happened if given d power shows u must be a minor

Let me gv u an anology,small boy. Its like u saying if only ur enemy had given u his sword instead of using it on u,u would have given him an injury during ur fights...ofcourse ur enemy wasn't evn contemplating givin u dat upper hand,and will neva do dat. I hope this one isn't too hard 4 u.

9 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
mightyhazell:
ignoramus! In ur little undeveloped brain,u thought ibb even gave a thot 2 wot abiola was requesting?? Lol

Let me gv u an anology,small boy. Its like u saying if ur enemy had given u his sword instead of using it on u,u would have given him an injury during ur fights. I hope this one isn't too hard 4 u.

Abiola is a hero, Yes he was robbed but he fought for his mandate up until he took his last breath.

Cant say the same about your leader though, nigga ran away -in female clothing- during the heat of the war, he later came back and attempted to lead the nation he fought against.

Dude was CONQURED!!, If thats not slavish, i wonder what it is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by mightyhazell: 9:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Abiola is a hero, Yes he was robbed but he fought for his mandate up until he took his last breath.

Cant say the same about your leader though, nigga ran away -in female clothing- during the heat of the war, he later came back and attempted to lead the nation he fought against.

Dude was CONQURED!!, If thats not slavish, i wonder what it is.
what is 'conqured'? And which hole did u pop out from?

Run away bum angry

7 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by galeiiTNA: 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
dondo83:

eyah opcnairalnd warned me that you wont still get the logic of governance. I pray one day you get to management in your place of work (even if na head of gatemen on your street) then you will understand that he who pays the piper dictates the tune. for now you cant the logic.

You and opcnairaland working together just shows 2 bad heads are worse than 1.
Shonekan that ruled for some 90 days, how many rules did he change.
Se ba puo. Retards

4 Likes

Re: And When We Say A Mai Ruwa Is Wiser Than Them They Call Us Fools by timeminister: 10:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
koladebrainiac:

Additionally, IBB was very much scared of the Pandora's box.

heavenly truth!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women / Turns Out Ballot Destroyer Demola OPC Leader Did Not Die(Pics) / Akwa Ibom Assembly Passes N672.9bn Appropriation Bill Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.