Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Finally Started My Poultry Business - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Finally Started My Poultry Business (3868 Views)

This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry / The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) / My Poultry Feed Formulation Experiment On Broilers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by alakara(m): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
eldeeBaba:

Thanks
1. Marek has already been done
For the first 1week multivatamins and antibiotics
The 2nd week anti-coccidiosis and vitamins and Gumboro vaccine
14days Lasota vaccine
21days Gumboro vaccine
30days anti-coccidiosis
2. The pen is NS
3. The ground will be filled with sand it will be just 3blocks up from the main floor
Ok,the vaccination chart is ok.dont break the cold chain of the vaccine when you want to administer it.

Next time ur pen direction should be EW.

OK,3 COACHES IS OK.
YOU ARE FREE TO ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS.

1 Like

Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by tripleace(m): 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
Great work. If your picture of chick is current, you might not have the best of heat distribution in you pen. The chicks ought to be scattered and not concentrated to the centre of the heat source. I also observe that you have approximately less than 1 week before you have space issues. This could also lead to stampede, especially at night when they may be cold and they hear strange noise on the outside. I hope no cows grazing in the area? The heat you feel is not what chicks feel because heat rises up and cold flows down - put a thermometer on the floor just few metre from you heat source and touch their feet to know how they really feel.

Take care.

1 Like

Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by tripleace(m): 2:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
Be very careful about where you get your vaccines especially gumboro. Ask any poultry farmer and hear their tales.

1 Like

Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by tripleace(m): 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
You also need more feeders and drinkers fast.
Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by tripleace(m): 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
The blocks for your pen is too high. Maximum should be 2 blocks above the ground, you need to remove the iron sheet from the side of the pen because the iron net mesh will cover that side. This will help your ventilation in future. Whatever you read from books, jounals, internet is not the same thing as the field work. Talk to other poultry farmers and observe and learn.
Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by eldeeBaba(m): 11:02am On Dec 02, 2016
Construction still under way

Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by jfkenny(m): 10:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
paulavon:

I don't want to argue with you, for you to say 500 broilers will eat 40-45 bags in the first 4 weeks, it is obvious to me you are not a farmer.
I used 4bags for 100broilers in 4weeks..
Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by Ahyjo: 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2016
Pls I need help from any of the experts in the house. I have lost close to 50 out of 150 in the first 4 weeks as there was an incident of flu breakout. But that's the only obvious cause of death so far. The rest we just meet dead in the mornings usually like 2-3 then a break of few days and then repeat. I dunno if it's coccidiosis or Gumboro pls is there a way of finding out ? Like based on the symtomatology anything to watch out for ?
Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by tripleace(m): 10:55pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ahyjo:
Pls I need help from any of the experts in the house. I have lost close to 50 out of 150 in the first 4 weeks as there was an incident of flu breakout. But that's the only obvious cause of death so far. The rest we just meet dead in the mornings usually like 2-3 then a break of few days and then repeat. I dunno if it's coccidiosis or Gumboro pls is there a way of finding out ? Like based on the symtomatology anything to watch out for ?

You have very little info to help you with. But I will advice you take the birds to a lab for proper analysis.
Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by aka2000: 10:27pm On Jan 13, 2017
okosodo:
i dont take such risks. Some of these broilers will lay eggs
Really, broilers lay egg cry
Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by Jo144(m): 12:18am On Jan 14, 2017
pls how do i get my broilers laying for hatchery
Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by jay7(m): 9:45am On Jan 14, 2017
@eldeeBaba
I am happy for you and I pray God bless your huzzle but please like others has advised take your bio-security very serious which include clearing those grasses am seeing close to the poultry pen to avoid rodents and snake, then make sure you finish the poultry house at least two(2) weeks before you finish your brooding so that you will be able to wash and disinfect the pen at least twice to break any chain of disease the materials use in constructing the pen might has, also change your litter materials immediately they are dirty or wet to prevent Coccidiosis and has for the feeding Grower mash is not meant for Broiler. 500 birds should eat at least 35 to 38 bags of broilers starter diet for the first four weeks and 70 to 75 bags of broilers finisher diet for another four weeks to make it 8 weeks. feed your birds in the morning and in the evening, give the birds clean water in the morning and in the evening, try everything possible to avoid feed wastage and always know that prevention is better than cure, treat those birds like a baby and you will be surprise with your level of success after everything.

You can construct the type of feeder in the applied picture to reduce feed wastage.

1 Like

Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by stanvesco(m): 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
eldeeBaba:
Good day fellow Nairalanders... I am an oil and gas pipeline welder but because of the current recession am currently out of job. So i figured i should start a poultry business to help bring in some cash. So i bought 500 day old broiler chicks 505 actually, at the price of #150/chick, and i bought 40 bags of 'Top Feed starters' feed, that wont be enough but just for a start. . . The reason for creating this post is mainly to get advice from veteran poultry farmers as i am an amateur in the business and also to get buyers for my chicks when they will be ready.
Right now the chicks are chilling in the brooding house i made ready they are all active and theres no casulaty so far and i pray it remains that way.
This my whatsapp no: +234-8164349118
u shud av opened dis thread before buying.... as d best thing to do would have bin to buy in batches.....
say 100 every two weeks
the market for 500pieces of ready for table broilers... hmmmmm
Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by shakyriri: 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2017
stanvesco:

u shud av opened dis thread before buying.... as d best thing to do would have bin to buy in batches.....
say 100 every two weeks
the market for 500pieces of ready for table broilers... hmmmmm

Don't discourage him. He has started already. Rather help with advise n prayers.
Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by stanvesco(m): 8:02am On Jan 15, 2017
shakyriri:

Don't discourage him. He has started already. Rather help with advise n prayers.

am not oh.... all d best op..... kudos on starting....

I know you may be targeting to sell at eight or twelve weeks or at 1kg size....

If u can!!!
take like 100-150
raise dem in a less intensive way..... so u reduce cost and target the Easter market.... by den..... dey will be much more expensive to sell.
Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by otedola1(m): 11:47am On Jan 15, 2017
Good Morning Guru, pls Advice I hope Layers don't have season for starting? because am plan to star by Feb next Month, and I hope I can start with 500?
Regard
Re: Finally Started My Poultry Business by Preprobiotics: 9:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

(1) (2) (Reply)

Warning! Don't Do Poultry Biz In TRIAL & ERROR - Get FREE Practical Training... / Ornamental; Plants, Trees And Flowers Available / Thread of my two beautiful noilers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.