Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 (80045 Views)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Ighalo Wins Man Of The Match / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AFCON (3 - 2) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by klexycole(m): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2016
optional1:
Lemme register my name here and call my family yet again...

Guys is the final we need this so badly, this what we have been waiting for, destroying countries like Mail, Kenya and South Africa to get to this spot..

Cc. TheSuperNerd ( the analyser/commentator) klexycole (my baby boo love) mikron (always missing the action, where you dey always dey self uncle)shizzy7 (my sweet sister she never quit) blueto (aburo mi, av missed you oh) pamcode (am sure you don't have exam on Saturday so you must watch this one oh)..
Smellymouth VickyRotex temitemi2 Ajibel and the rest..

Lets go there cos We go for GOLD.

P man I believe your ministry and I always stand by you anytime anyday..

Ride on robosky02..

I'm feeling you baby, we gotta celebrate come Saturday grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by optional1(f): 8:33am On Nov 30, 2016
klexycole:

I'm feeling you baby, we gotta celebrate come Saturday grin

Good morning dear...
Guess you had a great night rest.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Havilah93(m): 9:25am On Nov 30, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
A lot will go down on saturday.. Believe me... A whole lot... smiley

But Nigeria will triumph. Lemme reserve the rest of the script till saturday. wink

We should try and score an early goal if possible.

And I'm still not convinced of the officiating, whoever is officiating will definitely be biased sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Havilah93(m): 9:29am On Nov 30, 2016
CFCman:
Will be switching between El Classico and this game grin

And I'm just glad the Chelsea game is ending just before this game begins.

And what time is the El Clasico?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by kilo4sure: 9:45am On Nov 30, 2016
micbreezy7:
Why are there only 8 contries participating in this nations cup..it's that other African contries don't have girls or their girls are all prégnant?
I think it's because the standard is still on the rise in some small African countries, for example Kenya beat Zanzibar 11-0 in a certain cecafa championship. Imagine a Zanzibar in the qualifiers, it would be a walk over for most teams. With the way things are going though, the next tournament or the one after would likely have 12 teams.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by robosky02(m): 10:25am On Nov 30, 2016
Star players to watch:
Cameroon:

Gaelle Enganamouit:
She is a member of the Cameroonian national team and played at the 2012 Summer Olympics. She appeared in each game as a substitute; Cameroon lost each match.

At the 2015 Women's World Cup in Canada she scored a hat-trick in Cameroon's 6–0 win over Ecuador. During the 2015 World Cup game against defending champions Japan, her unnerving drive and powerful style lead to her being known as the "Freight Train" by Canadian fans.

she won the African Women's Footballer of the Year for 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by robosky02(m): 10:30am On Nov 30, 2016
Star player to Watch:
Nigeria:

Asisat Lamina Oshoala

is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays for Arsenal Ladies of the FA WSL as a forward. She was named best player and was the highest goal scorer at the 2014 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup. She was also named best player and second top goalscorer with the Super Falcons team who won the 2014 African Women's Championship.

She also won the BBC Women's Footballer of the Year 2015.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by klexycole(m): 10:55am On Nov 30, 2016
optional1:

Good morning dear...

Guess you had a great night rest.

Morning to you too, baby. Yes, night was awesome. Yours?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by optional1(f): 11:06am On Nov 30, 2016
klexycole:

Morning to you too, baby. Yes, night was awesome. Yours?

was beautiful my love..
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:22am On Nov 30, 2016
El-clasico is 4:15pm.... CAF AWCON final is 3:30pm.
See the dilemma? smiley
Havilah93:

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by klexycole(m): 12:20pm On Nov 30, 2016
optional1:

was beautiful my love..
Good to hear smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by klexycole(m): 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

See the dilemma? smiley

Boss I troway salute. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
Sir Klexycole..... smiley
It's been ages...... Trust you're doing great wink
klexycole:

Boss I troway salute. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by femi4: 1:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
The falcons should find solution to this lioness's winger, Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene (07)

Her crosses and dribbling skills are superb

Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene is a footballer who currently plays for Rossiyanka in the Russian Championship. She previously played for Alpha 09 Kaliningrad in the Russian second tier. As a member of the Cameroonian national team she represented Cameroon at the 2012 Summer Olympics, scoring the team's only goal in the tournament.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 30, 2016
Havilah93:

It starts at 4:15pm
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by robosky02(m): 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
other stars
Nigeria:

Francisca Ordega is a Nigerian professional soccer player who also plays for Washington Spirit in the National Women's Soccer League. She represented Nigeria women's national football team (Super Falcons) at both the FIFA Women's World Cup and African Women's Championship.

Ordega represented the Nigeria women's national football team in all levels. With the under 17, she played the 2010 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup and with the under 20 at 2012 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup. At senior level she played in the FIFA Women's World Cup tournaments of 2011 and 2015. At the latter she opened her World Cup account by scoring Nigeria's equalizing goal against Sweden on 8 June 2015 in Winnipeg, Canada. The pulsating match ended 3–3 in the opening game of Group D.

She was also part of Nigeria's squads at the African Women's Championship of 2010 and 2014, winning both tournaments

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by micbreezy7(m): 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=optional1 post=51499605]

They dont mind if u give them money for funding...

In Womem World Cup (Fifa) how many countries are participating?

You think say women football and men football na same...
shift go one side Abeg..What do u know About football?Fifa female world cup is made of 16 teams just for ur info
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by optional1(f): 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=micbreezy7 post=51517135][/quote]

sorry see as u dey vex na wa oo... Sorry to ask hope u don chop today bah....

So Fifa world cup and CaF women cup nah same...

Fifa women is 16 why then is the men 32.

If i many ask u wey sabi futball how many teams for Euro women cup.. To Caf women cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by robosky02(m): 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2016
in 2014....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2016
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by robosky02(m): 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nigeria's (Super Falcons) head to head record against Cameroon (Indomitable Lioness)

JUNE 15 1991 NIGERIA VS CAMEROON 2 – 0

JUNE 30 1991 NIGERIA VS CAMEROON 4 – 0

OCT. 30 1998 NIGERIA VS CAMEROON 6 – 0

NOV. 18 2000 NIGERIA VS CAMEROON 3 – 0

SEPT. 22 2004 NIGERIA VS CAMEROON 2 – 2

OCT. 3 2004 NIGERIA VS CAMEROON 5 – 0

NOV. 7 2006 NIGERIA VS CAMEROON 5 – 0

NOV. 7 2008 NIGERIA VS CAMEROON 1 – 1 (PENALTIES 5-4 )

NOV. 11 2010 NIGERIA VS CAMEROON 5 – 1

OCT. 29 2012 NIGERIA VS CAMEROON 2 – 1

NOV. 11 2012 NIGERIA VS CAMEROON 0– 1

25 OCT 2014 NIGERIA VS CAMEROON 2 – 0

3 DEC 2016 NIGERIA VS CAMEROON ? - ?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by klexycole(m): 7:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Sir Kle..xycole..... smiley

It's been ages...... Trust you're doing great wink

Definitely sir. How are you too sir?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Havilah93(m): 12:02am On Dec 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

See the dilemma? smiley

@CFCman I'll switch to the El Clasico immediately after the first half of the final.

This is temptation by the way, sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by micbreezy7(m): 12:11am On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=optional1 post=51517570]

sorry see as u dey vex na wa oo... Sorry to ask hope u don chop today bah....

So Fifa world cup and CaF women cup nah same...

Fifa women is 16 why then is the men 32.

If i many ask u wey sabi futball how many teams for Euro women cup.. To Caf women cup.I told u before u know notin abt football,always check ur fact before u type,u av moved from Fifa up euro and for ur information euro female cup still consists of 16 teams and gogle is ur Friend and u should stop quoting me if u can asnwer my earlier question correctly
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 01, 2016
FIFA Women's world is a 24-team competition o.

CAF could increase the number of participating teams in the AWCON to 12 in the nearest future (may happen in 2018)
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by justiz5(m): 7:22am On Dec 01, 2016
Injustice rains in Nigeria.
It is worshipped in all sectors of our economy. Even on Nairaland. That is how one useless mod banned me for promoting MMM.

How can you call MMM a shady investment?
Is MMM an investment in the first place?

May God punish that mod.
May he never enjoy money from MMM.
Any thing you do with MMM money shall never see the light of the day.

Thunder fire that mod.

Please come and ban me again.
O' Pari gringrin

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by optional1(f): 7:44am On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=micbreezy7 post=51527893][/quote]

abeg go siddon...

Ur first question was useless at first so stop quoting...

Is Africa as wealthy as Euro... As I said they dont mind you funding the competition for them next time.. So start making agreement for the next Africa Women football competition they will be glad you came to their aid you know...
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by robosky02(m): 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
other stars to watch
Nigeria:

Ugochi Desire Oparanozie

is a Nigerian football forward last playing in the Division 1 Féminine for Guingamp and the Nigerian national team

She is a member of the Nigerian national team, with which she played the FIFA Women's World Cup tournaments of 2011 and 2015.As a junior international she scored 2 goals in the 2010 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup and 3 goals in the 2012 tournament.

Oparanozie was also part of the Nigerian squads of the African Women's Championship of 2010 and 2014, winning both tournaments and scoring a free kick in the 2014 final

watch a freekick at the 2014 awcon finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tde1Xoaz2RM

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by robosky02(m): 8:44am On Dec 02, 2016
Falcons vs Cameroon AWCON final sets tone for World Cup double header:

The outcome of Saturday’s women’s AFCON final between hosts Cameroon and defending champions Nigeria will most certainly set the tone for next year’s 2018 World Cup double header between both countries.

Nigeria and Cameroon were lumped into the so-called African qualifying series ’Group of Death’, alongside Algeria and Zambia, when the draw was made for the big race to Russia.

However, the Super Eagles now have a vice grip on the pool after winning their first two matches of the series, and are four points clear of second–placed Cameroon, who have just two points.

The next two matchdays, which will pit the Eagles and the Lions against themselves in Uyo and Limbe, are seen as capable of determining the team that will come out of that pool to represent Africa.

A win in both matches will catapult the Eagles to the World Cup, with only the minimum to do in their remaining two matches.

Conversely, victory in both games will renew Cameroon’s hopes of a seventh FIFA World Cup finals appearance.

Another consideration for the Super Falcons however, is the pinfall handed the Super Eagles 16 years ago by the Lions, in front of home fans during the final of the 2000 Africa Cup of Nations competition.

On the eve of St. Valentine’s Day in 2000, the Lions showed no love to a packed National Stadium in Lagos as they raced to a 2-0 lead with goals from Samuel Eto’o Fils and Patrick Mboma.

Chukwu Ndukwe reduced the tally just before half time and ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha slammed in a long-range equaliser just after the restart, but Nigeria lost following a dramatic penalty shoot-out, in which Tunisian referee Mourad Daami ruled Victor Ikpeba’s kick that bounced behind goalkeeper Alioum Boukar a no-goal.

Saturday is an opportunity for pay –back, even though these are the women.

The Falcons are unlikely to forget that the Lions also beat the Super Eagles in the Cup of Nations final of 1984 and 1988, and stopped Nigeria from going to the 1990 FIFA World Cup after winning 1-0 in Yaounde when the Eagles needed a draw.

The Lionesses themselves will recall how the Falcons badgered them to a 2-0 defeat in Windhoek in the final of the last edition, and how the Eagles bundled then Cup holders Cameroon out at the quarter final stage of the 2004 Cup of Nations in Tunisia.

The Falcons are yet to lose a Cup of Nations final match, winning in 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2010 and 2014.

lets go there cheesy
cc: lalasticlala
la decima grin

http://africanfootball.com/news/668378/Falcons-vs-Cameroon-AWCON-final-sets-tone-for-World-Cup-double-header

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by robosky02(m): 12:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
Anastasia Tsichlas appointed match commissioner for Women's Africa Cup of Nations final:

SAFA technical committee chairperson Anastasia Tsichlas will be the match commissioner in Saturday’s Women’s Africa Cup of Nations final between champions Nigeria and hosts Cameroon.

The veteran football administrator has been in Cameroon since the beginning of the tournament together with fellow SAFA NEC members Nomsa Mahlangu and Ria Ledwaba among others.

"This is a great honour for me and the country to be appointed as match commissioner. It goes to show how South Africa’s football administrators are valued around the continent and globally," said Tsichlas.

The former Mamelodi Sundowns boss sits on numerous CAF and FIFA committees.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/71173/anastasia-tsichlas-appointed-match-commissioner-for-womens-africa-cup-of-nations-final

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 by robosky02(m): 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
Enow Ngachu (Head Coach, Cameroon)
When we were in Namibia two years ago, the goal was to qualify for the World Cup in Canada. After achieving the qualification, it made the players lose some level of concentration for the final. On Saturday, our goal is to win the gold medal. The poster is certainly the same as in Namibia, but the stakes are different. We beat Nigeria at the African Games in 2015 (In Brazzaville, Congo) and that was our last meeting. As a coach, I have always been positive. But be assured that we have abilities to react if we cash in first. We have demonstrated that we can score and provide a lot of opportunities. You also have to be wary of a team that defends well. The team that will be cool and physical will make the difference and I think we have the upper hand in that.

Augustine Edjangue (Head Coach, Cameroon)
I’m a former player of the team and all my players are ready for this clash. We lost to Nigeria in the final two years ago and we are trying to galvanize ourselves for victory this time. We are ready to fight till the end. As deputy captain, I must say that the strength of our group is our combativeness and solidarity. We are 22 players and each of us is important to the group. Whether we are on the playground or on the bench, we vibrate in unison. And we do not ask ourselves whether we would do better or not. It is true that we lost the final on details. This time we have trained hard so that it does not happen again. Nigeria is a great team that we respect very much. God wanted this competition to be played in Cameroon and we believe that God willing and the quality of our preparation, this trophy will not escape us this time.

Florence Omagbemi (Head Coach, Nigeria coach)
Saturday’s game will be difficult but interesting. This is not the first time we have met Cameroon but we will fight. We are here to defend our trophy. The matches follow each other and are not alike. Mentally, psychologically and physically the team is ready. The players are used to this type of situation and of the winning team from Namibia are present. I won the competition as a captain. Today I am a coach. This is a challenge that I believe we can meet. We ensure the continuity by injecting new players of the local championship that we try to develop. It is true that we have an advantage over Cameroon but that is not a reason to sleep on our laurels. We have eight victories over Cameroon in nine games. The ninth holds out our arms. What makes us strong is our determination. We are the defending champions and we have the best statistics. Our girls are focused on the goal and cannot be distracted by other concerns.

Onome Ebi (Defender, Nigeria)
We approach every game as it comes. Cameroon have one of the best teams in the tournament. Every time we play against them, it becomes more and more difficult. Saturday will still be the case. I want to win the title of course

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Neymar Taps And Grabs His Mother's Backside, Twitter Users React / How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game / Akwa Ibom State Intl Stadium Opening – PROGRAMME OF EVENT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.