Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? (18854 Views)

10 Categories Of People That May Not Afford To Browse When Data Rates Increases / New Data Charges: 10 Things I Will Start Doing / GSM Subscribers To Pay More For Data From Dec.1 (1.5gig To Be N3000 Now) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by tmanis(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2016
Why should we prepare for it? That means we accept the new price... We should come together and reject it. Affordable data shouldnt be taken away from us like that

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 30, 2016
TrueHeart365:
typical Nigerians. you are already planning on how to cope with another suffering.

there's something seriously wrong with us in this God forsaken hellhole.

this is why this clueless nomad will continue to use us for lab pigs for his inhumane and wicked policies.

enjoy your sufferungs o ye unserious youths cos you are about to lose your freedom
TrueHeart365:
typical Nigerians. you are already planning on how to cope with another suffering.

this is why this clueless nomad will continue to use us for lab pigs for his inhumane and wicked policies.

enjoy your sufferungs o ye unserious youths cos you are about to lose your freedom
TrueHeart365:

They have already lost their freedom.... Zoo country with an OLD Fool as their leader
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by rhektor(m): 7:36am On Nov 30, 2016
ThatIgboBoy:

But their network is crap. That is what people say.

Never used glo or airtel before

Airtel na bam network it moves at the speed of light the minus is the way the data disappear. Glo is also good, however it depends on Ur location
Feel free to choose
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by onward4life(m): 7:37am On Nov 30, 2016
Fellow Nigerians they do Mean to Victimise any tribe or Religion on this one.

Trust Me. It's a prophecy

The price will come down by say 2019!

N100 for 1gb! Or else
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Denchturbo: 7:40am On Nov 30, 2016
TrueHeart365:

We need to fight it, why should I "cope"? The govt is there to serve the people. If we can all snap out of our suffering and smiling behaviour to come together, we can achieve way more than reject data hike. The Arab Spring started with someone being fed up with the status quo and that deposed govts
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by femijay8271(m): 7:43am On Nov 30, 2016
we no go gree ooooo-we no go gree!
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Kakamorufu(m): 7:44am On Nov 30, 2016
am going back to using my Nokia c2
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by dee02(m): 7:44am On Nov 30, 2016
femijay8271:
we no go gree ooooo-we no go gree!

Toothless bulldog...... It stops here, ya'all cant do jack sh*t!

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by sugarcathy: 7:46am On Nov 30, 2016
MMM oooooo chai... :-
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Lamzzyy(m): 7:48am On Nov 30, 2016
Na fasting and prayer ooo.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Dinocarex(m): 7:51am On Nov 30, 2016
Sorry Nairalanders, where can someone check for old stories here.
I can vividly remember when this man, Adebayo Shittu was named - Minister of Communication. I was furious about his appointment. I said then that he has nothing up his sleeves. How can you name a Barrister, minister of a communication. Even if you want to name a barrister, name a better one, someone who knows the nitty- gritty of communication. Not someone who has been a Politician all through his life and a part-time practicing lawyer. Shame on HIM!!
We should resist this move. We can't keep quite. A lot of us are doing our businesses online.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by rottenPussy: 7:53am On Nov 30, 2016
Basildvalour:
Do 1 year GLO sub tomorrow. 11k
Is there a plan like that?

what's the code to sub? *777#?
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by onatisi(m): 7:55am On Nov 30, 2016
This is just the beginning of the massive clampdown on social media .
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by TAD2(m): 8:00am On Nov 30, 2016
SO in ur mind now u have said something reasonable
honourhim:
The increase has its advantage and disadvantage here. It will reduce the number of useless threads here. But on the other hand it will reduce patronage in online business.

For me, whether the price is high or low it will not affect my internet usage. I know FG did this as a control measure to Nigeria's internet users who abuse every opportunity available to them. At least people will stop posting useless pictures and comments in nairaland, facebook and other forums.

Person go climb tree snap and post on facebook. Another one go enter toilet snap and post on nairaland. Another one go hang on window snap and post here. Arrant nonsense.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by IGBOyoruHausa: 8:00am On Nov 30, 2016
[size=28pt]If your salary is not okay for you, over time work salary will not be okay too.
even if every body in this Nigeria empty his pocket and give it to federal Government, it will not change anything, it will not make us to have light,
good school, road, hospital etc. How many Billion dollars does Nigerian Government make per week. Can you feel it any way.

it is the tax on phone usage that will make us have light, road, hospital, school, food, no job the list is endless may God help the us.

[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by kaboninc(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2016
Jarus:
Normally renews my data 1st day of the month. Current one to auto-renew tomorrow.

Quickly renewed it this morning, 1 day in advance.

I dey follow you for back. On Airtel Bundle
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 30, 2016
I am not planning for anything
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Harlarbiz01(m): 8:04am On Nov 30, 2016
There was an increament in price of #BREAD in a country and d citizens went into protest..but in my country Nigeria all we can do is to blow grammers, comment on all social media,,,My Fellow Nigerians "Can't we all go into protest by switching off our phones for an agreed period of time?"..lets c wat telecom will #LOSE
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by mengho(m): 8:10am On Nov 30, 2016
I will rather not browse ever again if I had to pay 3000k for measly 1GB, if price increase I will not subscribe ever again, I will rather go to that cafe near my house dat charge N100 per hour . & that will also be only twice a month undecided
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by eezomatic: 8:11am On Nov 30, 2016
Na their wahala be that. ..I'm covered till next year

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by bestspoke: 8:12am On Nov 30, 2016
ThatIgboBoy:
It is no longer news to us that from dec 1 the prices of data bundles will increase. This is saddening because we all know how important cheap and affordable data is to our daily lives,buisnesses,relationships,research work and school assignments etc.

The essesnce of this thread is to find out how we have been preparing for this new prices. I have been preparing too. I am not a heavy data user and my favourite network is MTN just because it is reliable. Normally i subscribe the #1000 for 1.5Gb monthly and i use it all month. But with the advent of this new prices,i have been forced to load #5000 airtime and subscribed five times subsequently. If i use my data the way i normally do plus other things i will do to my uc browser like stting my images to low and even putting them off at times,i wont need to sub again till May next year. That is how i have been preparing oo.

So share with us your preparations so that others can learn too and do one or two things. 500mb for #1000 is nonsense
same here...bought 10gb for 5k....any idea of the new pricing?
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 30, 2016
eezomatic:
Na their wahala be that. ..I'm covered till next year
Which network? How? How much? sad
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by WesBreezy: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2016
somadinho10:
Sai baba grin.......*dodges bottle*

LOL! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Ibukun003(m): 8:25am On Nov 30, 2016
kekakuz:
Bro I did exactly the same thing. My 10 gig will expire may 2017
Please how did you do it
Send me the code please...
Thanks...
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Amadaz(m): 8:26am On Nov 30, 2016
honourhim:
The increase has its advantage and disadvantage here. It will reduce the number of useless threads here. But on the other hand it will reduce patronage in online business.

For me, whether the price is high or low it will not affect my internet usage. I know FG did this as a control measure to Nigeria's internet users who abuse every opportunity available to them. At least people will stop posting useless pictures and comments in nairaland, facebook and other forums.

Person go climb tree snap and post on facebook. Another one go enter toilet snap and post on nairaland. Another one go hang on window snap and post here. Arrant nonsense.
you must be stewpid
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Ibukun003(m): 8:27am On Nov 30, 2016
simtosul:
As for me I will subscribe to #500 for 1 gig plan on my Mtn pulse but in a different way. I will load #5000 nd subscribe for a week plan of 1 gig 10 times in a day to exhaust d 5k nd my data will b accumulated nd d expiring date will b extended too meaning at d end I will av like 10gig wit 5k since each gig is #500 nd multiple subscription is allowed in a day.

Send me the code please...
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 30, 2016
It won't break us, we'll still survive, prices of food stuffs and other products have increased dramatically in the past one year and we're still surviving, it will only take a little time before we adjust. This Government has failed. Don't quote me.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by mrsfavour(f): 8:31am On Nov 30, 2016
I love the internet especially Nland Forum,so i wil subscribe today and keep enjoying till january 2017.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? by dodobytes: 8:32am On Nov 30, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Which Website (not App)is Good For Downloading Movies / Glo Turns Subscribers To Landlords With Phonelord / Share Your Glo Free Data Day Experience Screenshots (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.