Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,250 members, 7,807,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty (39222 Views)

Queen Nwokoye Celebrates Oluchi, Her Daughter's 1st Birthday (Photos) / Ruth Kadiri: Why Nollywood Actresses Are Single / Sexiest Nollywood Actors In 2017 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by AdoraAmadi: 5:18am On Nov 30, 2016
Nollywood actress Queen Nwokoye has blamed trying to live up to people's expectation for being the reason why Nollywood actors/actresses run out of money and start experiencing a form of retrogression.

Speaking with BroadwayAfrica TV, Queen said:

“I don’t think it is because they are being extravagant, how many people are to begin with? The truth of the matter is a lot of people are known faces but they are not actually making the type of money people think they make.

Then again, it is an individual thing, it is either you are here or you are there but the truth is a lot of people don’t make that kind of money they think we have.
Some people think we get paid 10 million for acting {laughs} so a lot of times, actors want to live up to false expectations from their fans and that is how they get into trouble.

As far as I am concerned, if you are paid in Nigeria and you want a Gucci bag and you convert your Naira to dollars to go and buy it because Kim Kardashian is carrying it, it doesn’t make sense because she earns dollars.

So for me it is not about being extravagant, everybody loves the good things of life but you have to draw a balance. It is about not truly making that huge amount that actors and actresses make.”

On trading her stardom for her privacy, Queen said:

“We enjoy the stardom and attention but sometimes you just want to walk past unnoticed and just be yourself but I wouldn’t give this up for anything in the world. I love it and appreciate it.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/11/queen-nwokoye-says-this-is-why.html

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by dingbang(m): 6:10am On Nov 30, 2016
Nna dis babe dey disect igbo language for person grin

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by opeyemiieblog(m): 6:15am On Nov 30, 2016
she may be right oo

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by Came: 6:19am On Nov 30, 2016
Na over showing off dey kill them. You get am madam.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by Sunnymatey(m): 6:23am On Nov 30, 2016
That's why some of ur female colleages incoperated Olosho bznss just to drive the G wagons.

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by kinggogo: 6:29am On Nov 30, 2016
Like we actually care undecided undecided

No b 4 pipu wey dey watch una wack movies undecided

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by Doctorfitz: 7:35am On Nov 30, 2016
Pretty

5 Likes

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 30, 2016
We expect a lot from our politicians too, that's why they have no choice but to steal from us to meet up.

embarassed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by Airforce1(m): 8:25am On Nov 30, 2016
i guess you're right

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by stephnie1(f): 9:09am On Nov 30, 2016
you are right sis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 30, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Ernest Asuzu number 1.

4 Likes

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by Moreoffaith(m): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by Diplomaticbeing(m): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2016
Superficiality; the number one root cause of retrogression.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by labakeJ(f): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2016
True

1 Like

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by wunmi590(m): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2016
Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by prince4pro(m): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2016
OK. We don hear
Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by eazyjakes(m): 9:12am On Nov 30, 2016
Very true...fake life and standards is d bane of most yeyebrities

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by Dc4life(m): 9:12am On Nov 30, 2016
The so called crappy nollywood stars act like they are worth hundreds of millions of Naira but their arse always got exposed when sickness come that just 1 million naira for treatment they can't afford it unless charity or NGO or nollywood NGO raised the money because I cant understand someone worth 100 million can not by himself or herself pay just 1 million medical bill to be well without stressing anybody.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by tayo399(m): 9:12am On Nov 30, 2016
thinking of how you're going to celebrate it? then why not join paradise and let me take you to paradise
check my signature
Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by yekparikpa(m): 9:13am On Nov 30, 2016
kinggogo:
Like we actually care undecided undecided

No b 4 pipu wey dey watch una wack movies undecided
some of us care...buy Naija to grow Naija smiley

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by izzou(m): 9:13am On Nov 30, 2016
Whoever brought this to frontpage needs prayers

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by empress101(f): 9:13am On Nov 30, 2016
k
Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by Nutase: 9:13am On Nov 30, 2016
Coolshocked
Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by Houseofglam7(f): 9:14am On Nov 30, 2016
Eziokwu undecided
Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by bestspoke: 9:14am On Nov 30, 2016
Well said
Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by naijamakossa(m): 9:15am On Nov 30, 2016
right
Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by LastSurvivor11: 9:15am On Nov 30, 2016
Straight like my white London mentol

1 Like

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by Bisjosh(f): 9:15am On Nov 30, 2016
Pretty woman kiss kiss
Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by rawpadgin(m): 9:16am On Nov 30, 2016
n
Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by teebillz: 9:16am On Nov 30, 2016
On point!

1 Like

Re: Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty by iykedare(m): 9:17am On Nov 30, 2016
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simi Answers "When Will You Have A Baby?" Question / “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade / Chika Ike Celebrates Her 30th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.