Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike (22650 Views)

Ibrahim Pantami Seeks Reduction In Call, Data Tariff / Man Embarked On One-man Protest In Osogbo Against The Increase In Data Tariff / Nigerians Condemn FG Over Plan To Increase Data Tariff. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
buffalowings:

O tie gbadun
rara

So na cheat you go dey use now
before nko? tongue tongue
Re: How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 30, 2016
Admin401:

First, since we have alot of online presence i suggest we start with a Denial of Service attack on major telecom firms
if we can get atleast 1,000 or more people to donate their time and laptops (or allow their system to be included in a botnet) we can perform a Ddos attack on the webpages of some of this firm resulting in their shutdown, if we can get it to stay down for at least 24hours they will loose billions in revenue. (you can ask seun how much he lost when nairaland was down)

Second, we spread the word out on twitter, Instagram, Facebook, whatsapp to protest against this increase (like occupy 9ja)
people will definitely turn up, knowing that their precious social media is about to be taken from them.

third, we appeal to all the black and gray hat hackers (they are very few in nigeria) for once in their life to fight for something good and bring down the servers of the four major telecom firms.

so yes, we'll be doing the three simultaneously if we want to make anykind of impact. thats how you make a statement in this digital age.
and what if it gets traced back to the hackers?
Re: How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike by Funjosh(m): 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2016
BABANGBALI:
you were pass me. From tomorrow you no go fit buy data again tongue tongue tongue

Ntoir dem no dey increase am again tongue
Re: How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
uxdesigner:

and what if it gets traced back to the hackers?

they are "HACKERS'' protecting themselves online is literally the one thing the are good at
i am not a hacker but i'm pretty sure you cannot be traced if you hide behind atleast 8proxies or use TOR
Re: How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike by nowpresence(f): 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
BABANGBALI:
you mean you don't chindimalise it like chidinma? grin grin
Nope
Re: How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike by kennyanju(m): 2:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
Do something about it
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ncc-please-dont-increase-the-cost-of-data
Please sign the petition and share

Re: How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike by mengho(m): 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
morning Kunmi

11. Quit Trolling On Social Media/Forums
To those jobless kids who troll around on Nairaland and IG displaying how sillly and stuupid they are, you'll be saving loads of data if you quit. It's obvious many of you still eat off mama's pot and depend on Papa's pocket money for data, no doubt you lot gonna be hard hit tongue tongue tongue

Keep kwayat, trolling is in ma blood. I will even Hack all networkd s for free browsing just to troll
Re: How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike by ajepako(f): 3:02pm On Nov 30, 2016
BABANGBALI:
Dis government and ajepako walahi I no know who wicked pass,but I know that vickyrotex osusumustflow aminat508 fabfunmi juliaann eleko1 funjosh Seun and lalasticlala wicked pass dis government tongue tongue tongue

Lala don release you abi....

No worry...you file go soon plenty for him front...

Alaroye Mushin...
Re: How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike by flistyl(m): 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
Qummie:
Hello my dear nairalanders. It is no doubt that the country has been in a state of turmoil since the news of a hike in prices of data plans was reported. MTN informed customers via a text message few days ago but other service providers are yet to do so. While there's pretty much nothing we can do about it, we just can't kiss the internet goodbye in this age where the internet is most people's source of livelihood, joy, etc.
I came up with the following ways to help everyone of us minimize data usage, reduce cost and still enjoy using the internet. Hope you find them helpful.

1. STOP BACKGROUND PROCESSES:

Most mobile gadgets in this age and time run applications in the background. This way you get charged and data gets drained. Locate your phone's "Settings" and turn off this option. It will help in these times.

2. TURN OFF AUTO-UPDATES:

Gone are those days when you subscribe for a new data bundle and you're greeted by the icon of Google Play Store in the notifications bar. "55 applications are being updated". WHAT Come tomorrow, this will do you more harm than good so turn off the damn feature.

3. DOWNLOAD UC BROWSER:

Not trying to promote anything but if you haven't already, please do. It's for your own good. Not only does it load pages swiftly for less, it also has other data-saving features you could make good use of.

4. TURN OFF IMAGES:

Turn off images in your browser. Most of the images are either emoticons, logos, bla bla bla anyway. Why waste your hard-earned data on them? I mean, WHO IMAGES EPP?

5. USE IN MOBILE MODE:

I know how we all feel cool using our mobile gadgets in "Desktop mode" but you should know that won't do you any good in these times. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Switch to mobile mode before it's too late.

6. QUIT INSTAGRAM AND OTHER DATA-UNFRIENDLY SOCIAL NETWORKS:

Maybe it was cool to stare at pictures of instagram models at work but that should stop NOW. Seriously, if we were asked to nominate a social nnetwork that ruins bank accounts by ruthlessly draining data, I'm sure EVERYONE would pick Instagram. Do your bank account a favour bro. But if you must use Instagram, then the next tip might help you.

7. TURN OFF INSTAGRAM NOTIFICATIONS:

If you're so addicted to Instagram and can't quit, or if you run an online business, then simply turn off ALL notifications from Instagram. This includes "New friend", "Like", "Comment" notifications. You can choose to turn on the ones you feel are important though.E.g. "DM" notifications.

8. TURN OFF POST NOTIFICATIONS:

Still on Instagram, for those of you who turned on notifications for select followers, you might want to turn them off ASAP. I once turned on post notifications for Instablog9ja and i kid you not, Instablog posts at least 20 times a day. Whose loss?

9. QUIT MONITORING CELEBRITIES:

Celebrities never stop flaunting their near-perfect lifestyles and the media will keep shoving them down our throats. If you're one of those who sees it as mandatory to click every thread with a celebrity name to it, JUST STOP!!

10. TURN OFF DATA:

If you have to do this, then please by all means do. Anything at all to conserve your data is a must at a time like this.

Compiled by Me.

you don hear the latest developement.

Re: How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike by mcroeb(m): 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
God punish everybody involve in this data hike.
Re: How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike by shiftback: 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Good one. Revolution isn't done on twitter, people should take to the street
Yes na. But unfortunately we have so many keyboards warriors, when it comes to taking action they hide behind their Phones and begin to form activist.
Look at South Korea. Their citizens took to the street to protest and demand that their president resigns, and guess what? she will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ulefone Power 6050mAh 2.5D Arc Screen Corning Gorilla Glass 3 | WHAT WE WANTED / FG: Issuance Of New Sims To Resume April 19 / Pls Help. My Techno Phone Cant Send Out Text Messages Anymore.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.