Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older (30451 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Richy4(m): 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
If they are ready to be equal without her constantly reminding him most of the time who is older during the heated hidden fellowship behind closed doors....Inability for him to express himself the way he wanted might arise..and the woman might see him talking with a kinda tune as an insult.....

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by henryboff(m): 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2016
Winnelyn:
Hey guys can you get married to a girl who is 6years older than you , a friend is in a relation with a girl 6years older than him, his family would not accept this, he is really tensed about how to deal with this, will there be any problem marrying her? undecided
Madam no dey use "my friend" scope for us oo. If you senior your guy and him pple no gree, please just adjust yourself and prepare for the eventual break up

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by chigoziri2403(m): 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2016
I dated someone older than me, initially it was blissful, along the line she started comparing me to her younger ones, who were also older than me, then I knew it wont work long time.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
When my elder sis told me she was dating a younger guy,I just couldn't accept it,codedly every guy wish to date an older woman but trust me they never see a future with such women ,then again there are few out there that actually work,i wouldn't mind dating an older woman myself but getting married to one would be hard.there are soo many expectations such women expect from you,might not be monetary.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by bid4rich(m): 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
[size=16pt]He loves her and She loves Him

Nothing is wrong in it IF and only IF they have a genuine love towards each other

AND

If the lady is willing to be subjective to her husband

AND

She must also put into consideration man's ego. If she can deal with that by being submissive and be understanding, nothing is wrong in it[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by ominiriches2016(m): 2:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
Fellow Nigeria, please let me say to you that "Love is not blind, Love is not Foolishness, Love is not Mugucious, Love is not a thing to endure o!". For those who attend churches, our bible say, "God created us in his own image and likeness and he love us as well". The Image of God is not Foolishness. A woman grows older a man, right from creation. Eve first know sin before Adam. A woman decay first before man whether my Puberty, Adolescent, Parental, Granny or Paddy. Help me tell this Boy to look for his size and wear o! One love at all.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by obataokenwa(m): 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
you don't find something looking up. you look down with carefulness.
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by danbrowndmf(m): 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
Winnelyn:
Hey guys can you get married to a girl who is 6years older than you , a friend is in a relation with a girl 6years older than him, his family would not accept this, he is really tensed about how to deal with this, will there be any problem marrying her? undecided
why do you nigerians like to carry age on yourr head like alabaru at oshodi.... i will marry even 8years older as long as the love and respect is there.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by sekem: 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2016
Papikush:
Op, Go ahead and date the guy. Age is just a number cheesy

Correct!!!

All these nairalanders and their friends. It can never be them!!! shocked

OP, just let the young man know that you will respect him no matter what, okay?

But wait o... six years is like SS3 girl versus JS1 boy? undecided

Chai, dis thing get as e be o!

And considering the fact that women age faster... hmmmm... now ayam confused o! tongue wink

4 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by BecomeALandLord(m): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2016
emmanok24:
My wife is approximately 6 years older that me. We got married December 19, 2015 and weve been blessed with a lovely daughter.

The most important of all you need is LOVE and HONESTY.

Wow!!!!!!!! Nice one bro
It takes courage.
African mentality won't let us do it....
But the actually fact is LOVE not even age.
Age is just number

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by BIDOO(m): 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

6 year older no be girl o, na lady. Me I can't. No matter the love, it will still fizzle after some yrs and then he'll wonder if he was hypnotized or so
it varies, that is your own personal perspective !
He is neither the first to make such move nor the last.
It has been in existence for long, what matter is maturity Age is just a number

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by kinibigdeal(m): 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
Winnelyn:
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by idu1(m): 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
Winnelyn:

he loves her, but the problem here is, ' people advised him not to undecided
who are those people advising another person not to marry another person?

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Tobium1(m): 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
My papa take 10yrs senior my mama, but u won't know if I dont tell u.
My cousin is 20 she got married to a man of 36, and u won't also u if I don't tell u.

To me oo, 6yrs is perfect for me! I will say a BIG NO to 2yrs gap.
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
BIDOO:

it varies, that is your own personal perspective !
He is neither the first to make such move nor the last.
It has been in existence for long, what matter is maturity Age is just a number
OK. Your view is good
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by lazeal: 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2016
SEEDORF441:
If d girl/lady is not old
by face he can marry her but if reverse is d case abeg speed like usain bolt
hahaa boss, you just took it out of me. I have a young face and always look out for anyone with a young or younger face. I can't date a lady who looks older than me (even I am older by age)
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by chocodaviva(f): 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2016
just six years? ask p square abt Lola

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Michaeljoshua(m): 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2016
So long they love and cherish each other, no wahala.

However, the family matter and consent cannot be ignored here in africa.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Laredojohn(m): 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2016
hmmm 6 years older than him...thats too much ...the age thing in marriage is a thing of choice sha...but as for me , older than me is a no no situation ...i know some will say age is just a number, but it matters ...atimes most especially when the gap is too much , a year or two older can still be ok...but donkey years ...as said earlier its everyone choice
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2016
Winnelyn:

if u were 6 years older, i will still marry u smiley
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2016
henryboff:

Madam no dey use "my friend" scope for us oo. If you senior your guy and him pple no gree, please just adjust yourself and prepare for the eventual break up

where is your sense.... Do i look like some one who is ready for marriage at dp sad
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by holocron: 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
bid4rich:
[size=16pt]He loves her and She loves Him

Nothing is wrong in it IF and only IF they have a genuine love towards each other

AND

If the lady is willing to be subjective subject to her husband

AND

She must also put into consideration man's ego. If she can deal with that by being submissive and be understanding, nothing is wrong in it[/size]

Correct. If it can be done...but its as hard as a camel passing through the eye of a needle. Can also work if the two parties are willing to have fluid or interchangeable gender roles.
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
truthsayer007:

if u were 6 years older, i will still marry u smiley

not me angry
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Joysie77(f): 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
If he's asking then he's not yet ready to be a man. You don't marry to please other people as long as you're at peace with yourself, nobody's opinions matter. So if you have no problem with the age difference, don't allow anyone force their opinion on you.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by joeluv: 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
The older they get the less age would matter in my opinion. If the lady is 57 and the guy is 51 really what's the biggie. A lot of men that marry much younger women still get tired of Thier wives. Understanding and love to me matter most.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by habsydiamond(m): 2:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
This is not an issue in advance country. Why should it be an issue here. Once there is love, trust all the rest are irrelevant. But Culture is also important if u can convince ur people u are good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Eberex(m): 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
USUALLY MEN LIKE TO GET MARRIED TO YOUNGER WOMEN BECAUSE, BIOLOGICALLY SPEAKING, WHEN SHE STARTS GIVING BIRTH AND GETTING OLDER, THE WOMEN TENDS TO LOOK OLDER THEN THE MEN. SO GETTING MARRIED TO A YOUNGER WOMAN IS LIKELY GOING TO MAKE YOU GUYS LOOK LIKE AGE MATES AFTER SO MANY YEARS.

FOR A WOMAN SIX YEARS OLDER........HER LOOK TO THAT OF THE MAN AFTER MANY YEARS WOULD CLEARLY SHOW SHE IS WAY TOO OLDER THAN HIM.

BUT AFTER ALL SAID AND DONE...AGE IS JUST A NUMBER.

MY 2 CENT

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Odani: 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
Poorboy:
Sugar mummy things

as long as he's happy your opinion doesn't count

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by viktor01(m): 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
Na.......Women grow older than men over time. Very soon, you will have people asking you when your mum visited you and you may not have the boldness to call her your wife. Afteer the euphoria, reality will set in. shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
Berlynn:

not me angry

if u don't look old what diff does it make ?
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Poorboy: 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
Odani:

as long as he's happy your opinion doesn't count
same with yours

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Most-Heartbreaking Text Message You Received From Your Lover? / 10 Confusing Behaviours Of Girls/Ladies / Wedded Nigerian Couple Who Met On BBM (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.