Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,724 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Two Apps That Will Reduce Your Mobile Data Usage + 4 Data Saving Tips. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Two Apps That Will Reduce Your Mobile Data Usage + 4 Data Saving Tips. (1207 Views)

Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls / INFINIX Note 4 Pro Tricks To Open Two Apps At Once / 6 Tips To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Apps That Will Reduce Your Mobile Data Usage + 4 Data Saving Tips. by Tallesty1(m): 11:46am On Nov 30, 2016
It's no longer news that the price of data will go high from 12am tonight, though we are going to reject it and the senate may interfere but one certain thing is that it will never be like it used to be so take these measures to get the best out of your data.

Opera Max With Opera max you can detect data hungry apps and block them from having access to your mobile internet your data.

This app is very useful because with it you can stop offline games and apps from sending anonymous data to their servers.

Hermit If you are not ready to give Opera max the % of your battery that it will use to deny other apps access to internet then us Hermit. Hermit as you may already know is a web browsers that you can use to turn heavy websites like Facebook and its like to lite apps. Lite app uses less data, ram and storage.

Other Data Saving Tips.

1 .Turn Off Background Data This will stop apps like Facebook, Insta and some games from running on the background. This will save your data but you will no longer get notifications.

2. Run Lite Apps Apps like Facebook and Facebook messenger have lit versions already. This lite versions do not have all the features of full versions and do not download as many informations as full versions do when you launch them. So of them do not run on the background so it will save you data and battery.

3. Turn Off Auto Sync and Location This will save your data and battery. Go to settings - Accounts - and open the accounts there to disable auto sync.

4. Use Lite Browsers or Turn On Data Savers in Your Browsers Operamini and lite browsers like uc min load just what is necessary. But if you must use full versions then remember to block adds, turn image quality to low, etc.

Re: Two Apps That Will Reduce Your Mobile Data Usage + 4 Data Saving Tips. by Tallesty1(m): 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
The mods should also ban whoever uses gif images in his/her comment. Smellymouth, smellyanus and Smellingmouth please take note.

People that quote the entire article to comment "k" should be banned too.

Data is the new gold, save yoursgringringringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Apps That Will Reduce Your Mobile Data Usage + 4 Data Saving Tips. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
lemme put on my tweeking cap undecided
Re: Two Apps That Will Reduce Your Mobile Data Usage + 4 Data Saving Tips. by Lagusta(m): 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2016
i believe opera max is the best FREE firewall and data saver all android phones need.

others are either too heavy, consume data themselves or need a payment to unlock all features
Re: Two Apps That Will Reduce Your Mobile Data Usage + 4 Data Saving Tips. by loomer: 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
Tallesty1:
The mods should also ban whoever uses gif images in his/her comment. Smellymouth, smellyanus and Smellingmouth please take note.

People that quote the entire article to comment "k" should be banned too.

Data is the new gold, save yoursgringringringrin

K. grin

Make I modify before tallest arrest me.

I dey proud of the job you dey do. Keep it up bro

(1) (Reply)

How To Hardreset/unlock Android Phones When You Forget Your Password / GLO::::: Can Glo Kindly Help Me Rectify My Sim Issue? / Gretel GT6000 4G Smartphone Personal Review.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.