Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:35 PM

Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election (41578 Views)

Alao Akala, Funke Adesiyan, Teslim Folarin, Others Dump PDP For APC (Photos) / I Will Dump PDP If Sherrif Wins At The Supreme Court – Fayose / 2018 Ekiti Governorship Election: Fayose Launches Political Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by thebestprice(m): 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2016
EKITI 2018 POLL: Fayose drops bombshell, says he may dump PDP

Ado-Ekiti-In a bid to avoid the political booby trap that threw the succession plan of Governor Olusegun Mimiko into disarray and eclipsed the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) in the just concluded Ondo governorship election, Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, hinted Wednesday on the possibility of using another platform to prosecute his succession battle during the 2018 governorship poll . \

Fayose, who dropped the hint in Ikere Ekiti while meeting with the members of the Suppliers’ Association of Nigeria, Ikere chapter, said “I don’t know the platform I will use for the 2018 election yet and at the appropriate time, I will tell you”. Fayose “We are still studying the situation . We have to play the game left, right and centre and whoever we are going to use and the platform, you will all be part of the process because party politics is about the people”.

Fayose also said the victory of Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress(APC) in the Saturday’s governorship poll in Ondo State does not in any way threaten the popularity and general acceptability of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) in Ekiti. The governor, who described Akeredolu’s victory at the poll as a contrivance of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in cahoot with APC, added that the victory the did not confer legitimacy on the poll or lent credence to the fact that Ondo electorate had voted rightly. “You all saw how people sold their votes in Ondo state, I am confident that that will not happen in Ekiti.

I am close to the people you are the source of my strength . Even if it requires just 48 hours to any election, if I tell you where to go, you will surely follow me there”, Fayose said. At a separate meeting with the junior staff of the state civil service, Fayose boasted that he will repeat the 16-0 he meted out to Ex-governor Kayode Fayemi in 2014, where he defeated the incumbent in all the sixteen local governments .

He promised that he would continue to do his best in the payment of salaries by carrying the workers along to know what accrues to the state from the federation account, adding that there won’t be communication gap once his government doesn’t operate in secrecy. “APC will be fooling itself if it thinks it will conquer Ekiti like it did in Ondo . Ekiti is a peculiar place and I am the man on ground here. I want to assure my supporters and Nigerians that APC won’t win a local government here in 2018, even if President Muhammadu Buhari moves down all the money in FG’s TSA.

“Governor Olusegun Mimiko and Eyitayo Jegede must have lost in Ondo State, but that does not mean the people had voted rightly. In 2015, people clamoured for change and what have we got now? Nigerians are becoming poorer than ever. “Today, I am the only one among the APC governors in the southwest .

I am now like the nation of Israel surrounded by enemies, but I shall defeat and triumph over them. “APC has never defeated me in any battle, either political or legal. Whether they like it or not, I will win in Ekiti no matter the animosity , because I have the people behind me”, Fayose declared.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/ekiti-2018-poll-fayose-drops-bombshell-says-may-dump-pdp/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by nickxtra(m): 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2016
Welcome to APC

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2016
ATIKU and FAYOSE/OBI for 2019 cool

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
EKITI 2018 POLL: Fayose drops bombshell, says he may dump PDP
ON NOVEMBER 30, 20161:38 By Rotimi Ojomoyela

Ado-Ekiti-In a bid to avoid the political booby trap that threw the succession plan of Governor Olusegun Mimiko into disarray and eclipsed the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) in the just concluded Ondo governorship election, Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, hinted Wednesday on the possibility of using another platform to prosecute his succession battle during the 2018 governorship poll . \

Fayose, who dropped the hint in Ikere Ekiti while meeting with the members of the Suppliers’ Association of Nigeria, Ikere chapter, said “I don’t know the platform I will use for the 2018 election yet and at the appropriate time, I will tell you”. Fayose “We are still studying the situation . We have to play the game left, right and centre and whoever we are going to use and the platform, you will all be part of the process because party politics is about the people”.

Fayose also said the victory of Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress(APC) in the Saturday’s governorship poll in Ondo State does not in any way threaten the popularity and general acceptability of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) in Ekiti. The governor, who described Akeredolu’s victory at the poll as a contrivance of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in cahoot with APC, added that the victory the did not confer legitimacy on the poll or lent credence to the fact that Ondo electorate had voted rightly. “You all saw how people sold their votes in Ondo state, I am confident that that will not happen in Ekiti.

I am close to the people you are the source of my strength . Even if it requires just 48 hours to any election, if I tell you where to go, you will surely follow me there”, Fayose said. At a separate meeting with the junior staff of the state civil service, Fayose boasted that he will repeat the 16-0 he meted out to Ex-governor Kayode Fayemi in 2014, where he defeated the incumbent in all the sixteen local governments .

He promised that he would continue to do his best in the payment of salaries by carrying the workers along to know what accrues to the state from the federation account, adding that there won’t be communication gap once his government doesn’t operate in secrecy. “APC will be fooling itself if it thinks it will conquer Ekiti like it did in Ondo . Ekiti is a peculiar place and I am the man on ground here. I want to assure my supporters and Nigerians that APC won’t win a local government here in 2018, even if President Muhammadu Buhari moves down all the money in FG’s TSA.

“Governor Olusegun Mimiko and Eyitayo Jegede must have lost in Ondo State, but that does not mean the people had voted rightly. In 2015, people clamoured for change and what have we got now? Nigerians are becoming poorer than ever. “Today, I am the only one among the APC governors in the southwest .

I am now like the nation of Israel surrounded by enemies, but I shall defeat and triumph over them. “APC has never defeated me in any battle, either political or legal. Whether they like it or not, I will win in Ekiti no matter the animosity , because I have the people behind me”, Fayose declared.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/ekiti-2018-poll-fayose-drops-bombshell-says-may-dump-pdp/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/ekiti-2018-poll-fayose-drops-bombshell-says-may-dump-pdp/
Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Atiku2019: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
ATIKU and FAYOSE/OBI for 2019 cool

“I don’t know the platform I will use for the 2018 election yet and at the appropriate time, I will tell you”. Fayose “We are still studying the situation

Sir We All know the new situation is Atiku 2019
E don dey set ooooooh grin

Atiku My President

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2016
Atiku2019:

E don dey set ooooooh grin

Atiku My President
ATIKU IS THE KOKO

4 Likes

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by muykem: 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
I said it before that Fayose is set to defect to APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by HungerBAD: 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by seunmsg(m): 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2016
Lots of Political alignment and realignment will happen before 2019. It's normal politics of interest and nothing else. I won't even be surprised if Fayose joins APC, in politics, never say never.

9 Likes

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by dunkem21(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2016
Atiku tins cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
Political oloshi. Don't start preparing for your journey to Kuje or Oko City. Be talking about 2018

17 Likes

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by doctokwus: 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
Is Fayose ok?
He obviously is sounding like someone that doesnt know he is not eligible to vie after 2018 because he is in his 2nd tenure.

9 Likes

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
seunmsg:
Lots of Political alignment and realignment will happen before 2019. It's normal politics of interest and nothing else. I won't even be surprised if Fayose joins APC, in politics, never say never.

Bros. This nigga can never join or be accepted into APC. Not in the next 16 years

18 Likes

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by sarrki(m): 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
Alignment in 2019 will be good for all and sundry

I want strong opposition party

It checkmate the ruling party

All I want for my country is good governance

3 Likes

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by DanPel(m): 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
nickxtra:
Welcome to APC
dat would be d last tin fayose would do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
doctokwus:
Is Fayose ok?
He obviously is sounding like someone that doesnt know he is not eligible to vie after 2018 because he is in his 2nd tenure.

He is hoping to take his stooge to a new platform so they can contest from there. He has forgotten he has 100 trailer loads of cases to answer and he has no goodwill to offer anymore.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Day169: 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
I'm sure the guy is weighing his options thoughtfully!
These are surely the last days of the PDP in the south west.
I bet that the doors of APC will be shut before him. But where else can he take refuge, and find solace?
It might be best for him to remain in PDP where he still has some backing. As things stand, he has become the party leader in the south west.
Moving to an obscure party only makes it easier for the Federal government to ferret him out of his burrow.
The "Okete" of Ekiti is gradually being smoked.

11 Likes

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Johnnyessence(m): 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2016
Even if fayose is in pdp he will be defeated in ekiti state. He thinks he's smart. He and his party will be defeated in twenty eighteen election.

7 Likes

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Ozid(m): 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
Fayoshit is at it again

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by IamISRAEL(m): 4:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
Please can someone tell me who is Fayose? Is he a cattle rearer or a gospel musician?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Iamabraham(m): 4:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
Tinubu, Fayose. Aregbesola, Atiku and Saraki.

These guys are up to something.

2019's battle has begun already.

Read in between the lines if you are politically inclined.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by ddippset(m): 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
pls could someone break it down for me. isn't this supposed to be fayose's second term? can he contest as governor in 2018?

3 Likes

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by MeAboki(m): 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
nickxtra:
Welcome to APC

Tufiakwa!

7 Likes

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by policy12: 5:06pm On Nov 30, 2016
In naija politics, there is no permanent friends or enemies all that matters to them(LEGISLOOTERS, EXECUTHIEVES AND JUDISHARING) is where the goose is laying the golden egg.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by gebest: 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2016
Weda u dump pdp or not, na APC get ekiti state com 2018 shekena

2 Likes

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Jazzlite: 5:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
myopia

Martins301:

Bros. This nigga can never join or be accepted into APC. Not in the next 16 years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Generalkorex(m): 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nigerian politicians are the same.
Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Dhavidoh(m): 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2016
sad
Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
E no konsign me jare

1 Share

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Blurryface(m): 5:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
Is he going to vie for a third-term?

Re: Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election by Poorboy: 5:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
Hahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB Member Buried In Rocket Casket (graphic Photos) / You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" / Nalado Sandamu 'Commander' Dies! Buhari’s Housekeeper Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.