Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? (37810 Views)

Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? / DOWNLOAD : Sean Tizzle – Moving Forward (EP) [full Album] (all Songs/tracks) / Ep Download: Sean Tizzle - Moving Forward (get All Seven Tracks Here) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by coalcoal1(m): 8:47pm On Nov 30, 2016
interesting post
Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by sammuell(m): 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
If i say P u say M another one say B na una sabi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by Ignyte(m): 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
OP... Where is M.I "Talk About It"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by Tpave(m): 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
We really need to meditate on these songs and find a way foward. Our country is moving back and forth

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by Soyhe(f): 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
julioralph:

cheesy this was d song dat caused a spat between idris and obasanjo cheesy
and he cursed his career with it.
Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by AntiNigerian: 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nigeria has fallen inside hellfire well!cheesy
Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by SycophanticGoat: 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
God bless Fela Anikulapo Ransome Kuti.. The greatest African musician ever. The man who saw in 1970s/80s what some bigoted Sai Barbarians couldn't see in 2015.. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by leofab(f): 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
Lol
Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
OP you forgot Eldee da don - me I go yarn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by yusufu16: 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
Its funny we are going backward everyday

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by jinxet2000: 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
I agree with you, mathematically, Nigeria has been the same if not better of in the past. Yes, technology wasn't there yester-years, but life was calmer, peaceful and food was in abundance and cheap but now, food seems as if they are all imported. So, the deficiencies of the past and the efficiency of the present plus the efficiency of the past and the deficiency of the present equals larger deficiency of the present because demand for Nigerian man has increased by larger %.
I pity the young ones who do not know what the values of life is all about. Can the children ever be proud of the ones they took over from? The future generation face greater challenges because a lot of deficits are compiled for them the repair and build.

UnlimitedIfex:
When u hear those muzik and luk around what is happening now, u will c that there is no difference in d economy back then and now. I don't c anytin giant abt dis country that we always refer 2 ourselves as d giant of africa. I jst hope sumtim miraculous happen because if it continue lyk this 4 anoda years....
Make i no talk first. My lord i rest my case at dis junction.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by paragon40(m): 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
Dagrin's democray...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by chiefojiji(m): 8:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
it would have been better if e dey move backward sef.
it's already at the back of backward.
I pray it move sideward someday!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by Nuel25846(m): 8:56pm On Nov 30, 2016
That was when music was used as a weapon to fight the corrupt govt.....now all they sing abt is big boom boom. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by julioralph(m): 8:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
Soyhe:
and he cursed his career with it.
lols
Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by Akinz0126(m): 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
Dagrin song nko Na democracy be this abi cracy demo!!! grin
Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by johnstar(m): 9:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
Fela my man grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by adejaresalami1(m): 9:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
Make one person upload the dagrin song now

Shey democracy laylayi abi crazy-demo grin grin
Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by jinxet2000: 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
You are correct. And the simple step start from the voting process. If you know that this man is evil and you choose to vote him in because he is related to you or has given something or you choose not to vote, you have your self to blame. If you vote right and hold the leaders accountable, things will gradually improve. But, as we speak now, with all this anger about the economy and our leaders, wait and see how these same people will welcome them back home in the villages as Christmas season approaches. We will all meet and see in the village, isn't? watch the reaction of people when they see these evil men. They will so much welcome them, sweep their house, arrive in their homes early morning to drink and eat and praise them. By January, complaints starts over, meanwhile you have eaten and drank your unfair share for 2017.

Tpave:
We really need to meditate on these songs and find a way foward. Our country is moving back and forth

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by clemichie: 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
Please oga what about hard life wey we dey live for naija by black face, the song should be included too

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nigeria jaja needs to be remixed ooo,this will be a good time for Edris to drop a remix, obasanjo almost killed Edris' career because of that song

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by iceberylin(m): 9:19pm On Nov 30, 2016
you are exactly the kind of black we blacks dont need.. you think whites build there lands by praying to god and hating their colour? no they enslaved you to think less of your beauty,,, this wont make sense to you because although i quoted you but i'm talking to those who see the true beauty...
JesusmyGod1:
my prayers to God everyday is if there is second coming I refused to come from Africa in Jesus name amen

I rather come from a developed and earthquake zone even if I died I know I have enjoyed

I'm ashamed to be a black man, I hate Nigeria
I hate Africa

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by Iamlordgee(m): 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
Zombie o Zombie..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by degamemaster(m): 9:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
wroskian:
Explorers abeg make I help you add "Which way Nigeria" by Sunny Okosun (1981) smiley smiley

Chorus: Which way Nigeria? (2x)
which way to go?
I love my father land (o yeah)
I want to know
Which Nigeria is heading to? (Repeat chorus)

Verse1:
Many years after independence
we still find it hard to start
how long shall we be patient still we reach the promise land
let's save Nigeria
so Nigeria wont die [Chorus]

Verse2:
Every little thing that goes wrong
We start to blame the goverment
We know everything that goes wrong
We are part of the goverment
lets save Nigeria
so Nigeria wont die...[Chorus]

Verse 3:
Inefficiency and indiscipline
is ruining the country now
corruption here there and every where
inflation is very high
lets save Nigeria
so Nigeria won't die [Chorus]

Verse 4:
We make mistakes in the oil boom
not knowing that was our doom
some people now have everything
while some have nothing
lets save Nigeria so Nigeria won't fall [Chorus]

Verse 5:
Green revolution is a reality
let's give it a chance to grow
let's join our hands together to farm the land so we can have enough food to chew
let's save Nigeria

Verse 6:
Our ambition to become millionaires is ruining the country down
we all want to be millionaires we want to leave in the earth
let's save Nigeria

Verse 7:
Remember that a single step is the beginning of a million miles
let's start right now to
rebuild ourselves to make the country smile
let's save Nigeria so Nigeria wont die...(chorus)

Verse 8:
Heaven and earth will pass away
it is written in the book of God
the good people will surely find their way
and the meek will inherit the world
let's save Nigeria so Nigeria won't fall... [Chorus]

...Chorus...chorus ...chorus ...till fade
Thank you for bringing it in full chorus because I wanted to talk about it but couldn't have gotten the wordings so well as you did.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by butanep(m): 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nigeria is really in a sorry state. I was a kid when my father said Nigeria will become great again till now as a full grown adult, I have seen no difference. We are still saying, Nigeria will be great and things keep getting worst.

The elites will never want the poor masses to survive in this country. It is just to find a way and get to the top or you keep getting oppressed by the so called elites.

Unfortunately, we don't hear song like this anymore to remind our cluess and selfish leaders the terrible state they have put the nation. Modern Artiste even keep praising them. " it is really unfortunate "

If something isn't done urgently, Nigeria will collapsed or revolution will be the the option.

God save this Nation from parasitic and dreamless leaders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by wroskian(m): 9:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
degamemaster:
Thank you for bringing it in full chorus because I wanted to talk about it but couldn't have gotten the wordings so well as you did.
Oh yea ...you're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by butanep(m): 9:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
chiefojiji:
it would have been better if e dey move backward sef.

it's already at the back of backward.

I pray it move sideward someday!

Boss you funny ooooo I swear
Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by 4nobody4every1: 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nigeria is under serious Karma-ic forces, the law of retributive justice at work tongue

cc: sukkottt
Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by purem(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
ASA Mr jailer

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by hefelove(m): 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2016
How about Dagrin - Democracy cheesy if u listen to that song u won't stop laughing, but he really said the bitter truth there. Really miss my Dagrin

Also 9ice FT Asa - Pete Pete
Re: Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? by McShime(m): 9:47pm On Nov 30, 2016
Its still the same cabals running the affairs of dis country!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Julius Ekemode 'Orlando Julius' Is Dead (Throwback Photos & Videos) / Mr P "Cool It Down" Video Trending As No 1 On YouTube / Nigerian Music Groups That Have Broken Up (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.