Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase (4002 Views)

MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards / Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase / NCC Suspends Data Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase by VegetarainVamp(f): 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
learn how to make thousands of Naira weekly with just a start up capital of N500contact me on this number 09031980226to be added to our WhatsApp group for free seminars
Re: Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase by dustmalik: 4:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
wristbangle:

U can't get such on MTN 4G LTE. GLO 4G LTE been the fastest becos of the band frequency peaks at 7.5MB/s while MTN peaks at 5MB/s
I'm telling you what i get, and you are telling me i can't get up to that. Are you the one using it for me?
Re: Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase by dustmalik: 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
ollah1:

Are you using mtn or glo 4G LTE?
I use both.
Re: Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase by wristbangle: 5:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
dustmalik:

I'm telling you what i get, and you are telling me i can't get up to that. Are you the one using it for me?

Sorry sir cool
Re: Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
dustmalik:

I use both.

Which is better? I couldn't pick up the glo cos of limited coverage in the location I am at the moment.
Re: Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase by kiddie(m): 6:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
dustmalik:

Well, i wouldn't call that the fastest network. I do get up to 10MB/s on mtn 4G LTE.
haaa 10mb/s why you fvcking lieing....4glte is 21mbps÷8 no reach 10 nlw
Re: Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
Nbote:
I don't think so.. I think d NCC is simply making flimsy excuses and using Smile and Spectranet for dat. This is because we all know these 2 ntwrks still don't have a nationwide coverage yet and are only operating in major cities and again they offer considerable data discounts and incentives on data compared to what these our usual ntwrks offer.. Dis same NCC initially denied before coming up with hopeless excuses. This is solely d handwork of d NCC on behalf of the govt but what dey didn't anticipate was the response from the public...

Smile in particular will suffer the most for the reversal in increment. Smile charges are just too much. N10,000 for 15gb and N9,000 for 10gb. Lol Wtf. Before now people patronized them because they have a very fast LTE speed, but since MTN launched thier LTE with speed that match if not faster than smile, a lot of people have started to abandon smile for MTN LTE. I mean why wont they?

Smile 10gb is N9,000 with LTE speed that average 30mbps

Mtn 10gb is N5,000 plus 10gb device bonus, total 20gb for N5,000 with LTE speed that average 30mbps.

Chai, smile don suffer. Tell me why dem no go lobby for NCC to increase the price.
Re: Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
kiddie:

And who told u 4g LTE is limited to 21mbps? At launch I was getting 70mbps on MTN LTE. Now what I get is between 35-40mbps which can still download files at 5MB/s depending on the server u are downloading from.

Re: Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase by dustmalik: 8:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
kiddie:

^^^Given the above unfortunate opinion on LTE, there is no point arguing with you any further.
Re: Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase by dustmalik: 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
ollah1:

Which is better? I couldn't pick up the glo cos of limited coverage in the location I am at the moment.
I'm not sure. But Glo LTE seem to have lower latency than MTN LTE.
Re: Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase by kiddie(m): 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
greenhulk:

And who told u 4g LTE is limited to 21mbps? At launch I was getting 70mbps on MTN LTE. Now what I get is between 35-40mbps which can still download files at 5MB/s depending on the server u are downloading from.
now am dazed by this.....i think smile uses shared broadband I'm leavin the shitty network
Re: Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase by kiddie(m): 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
dustmalik:

^^^Given the above unfortunate opinion on LTE, there is no point arguing with you any further.
sorry for the misconception
Re: Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase by SouthWestBlood(m): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
kiddie:

now am dazed by this.....i think smile uses shared broadband I'm leavin the shitty network

Yes, you're correct. Powered by glo.
Re: Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase by kiddie(m): 11:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
SouthWestBlood:

Yes, you're correct. Powered by glo.
nahh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dumping My Infinix Note 5 For The New Xiomi Note 8 Or Note 8 Pro Details Inside / I’ve Iphone XR For Swap With 11 Promax Or Xsmax Whether It’s Icloud Locked / Can I Still Recover My Sim Card Lost 3years Ago???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.