Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

8 Cheap Wedding Reception Menu Ideas During This Recession Period - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 8 Cheap Wedding Reception Menu Ideas During This Recession Period (1357 Views)

Endowed Lady Causes Stirs With Her Backside At A Wedding Reception. / Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? / How To Successfully Plan A Blissful Cheap Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Cheap Wedding Reception Menu Ideas During This Recession Period by OwanbeAdmin: 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
Before people get married, they do a lot of thinking: How would my wedding reception be? How much would I spend on foods and drinks? What should I do to make it a good one? And in this recession period, a lot of people have become very conscious of how much they spend, and what they spend it on.

Even before recession, It is normal for people to worry about these things. But worry less; In this article, I will be giving you some ideas on organizing a cheap — but elegant — wedding reception menu during this recession period.

Cheap Wedding Reception Menu Ideas in This Recession Period

1. Invite few people: The number of people you invite determines how much food would be cooked. Fewer people save more money. Remember, you want everything to be on a low.

2. Bring Your Own Wine (B.Y.O.W): A bottle of some wines costs more than the price of a crate of soft drinks; and if your friends are good drinkers, trying to please them will cost you more. My advise: serve only soft drinks and water. Anybody that wants to drink a wine should bring it from home.
3. Have a stand-up dinner: Sit-down dinner can lead to more stuffing while stand-up dinner can enable guest mingle and well satisfied. I bet your wallet would thank you after.

4. Compare prices of plated and buffet meals: …and I thought plated meals were less expensive. After attending few weddings, I came to the conclusion that buffet meals are cheaper than plate meals. You might not agree with me, but I advise that you compare their prices and go with the cheaper one.

5. Your family can cook: It might not be easy getting people to cook but getting your family to assist can be fun tho. The idea would work for both meal styles; buffet or family style service. What do I mean by family style? It simply means having the entire table order one meal and then the plate is passed round. Just like home.

6. Save money on desserts: Having simple display cakes can do the trick. Serving small chops can also reduce the rate at which money leaves your pocket.

7. Smaller sizes can be served: At weddings, I sometimes ask myself if they will ever share the wedding cake. Well, if you really want the cake to go round, get a huge cake and cut in small sizes . Some cakes are never shared anyway and I wonder why.

8. No Hidden fees: Event centers can charge for whatever thing you are hiring or using from them like cake cutting fees, fees for toast and stuff. Ensure no extra charge whatsoever is included.

Add yours.

Source: http://owanbeparries.com/2016/11/30/cheap-wedding-reception-menu-ideas-during-this-recession-period/

(1) (Reply)

An Interesting History Of 1752 / Engagement Gift Packing And Design, Any Idea? / Miss Nigeria Was Definately Miss Silverbird

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.