Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Summary Of "The Five Love Languages" -Dr. Gary Chapman( Photo) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Summary Of "The Five Love Languages" -Dr. Gary Chapman( Photo) (658 Views)

Summary Of The Art Of War By Sun Tzu / Book Summary - The Five Love Languages By Gray Chapman / Summary Of The Gods Are Not To Blame By Ola Rotimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Summary Of "The Five Love Languages" -Dr. Gary Chapman( Photo) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 30, 2016
I will be reviewing The classical book that has been sold millions of copies, which has transformed and still stransforming marriages today, the five love languages, written by Gary Chapman.

Here is the brief summary of this book and the five love languages.

The book explained love base on personal perspective as to what love means to oneself. He gave an instance, whereby if you are borned a Yoruba, you will grow to understand and speak yoruba as your primary language. And if later on, you learn some other languages, like English, that will be your secondary language. Now, you tend to speak fluently and understand faster and much better with your primary language, Yoruba. If you happened to meet Someone who was borned Igbo and speaks Igbo and never understand or speak yoruba language, you will find it very difficult and almost impossible to communicate. Unless either of the two or both learn each other's language, then communication will be established.

In a relationship, either single or married relationship, the writter opined that, the two will not satisfactorily love the other without understanding the primary love language of the other. Failure to understand it, has caused alot of damages in marital homes. Below are the love languages with the brief explanation about them. I recommend you get the book for yourself!

#1. Word of Affirmation-
Some people feel more loved when appreciated by their partners, make nice comments about what they have done or they do, also say kind wordsto them etc. If you are the type that do feel so so loved and love it, when your partner say those words, then, word of affirmation may be your primary language.

#2. Quality Time-
It's just waw when you chat with your partner, you enjoy them talking with you and having a good time chatting and gisting together, you feel so loved, secure and happy. If that's what you love to be done with your partner, probably your primary love language may be quality time.

#3. Act of Service
You feel bappy and loved when your partner is their with you in the kichen, washing the plates, sanitating the room, cleaning the gutters, taking the kids to the school, just helping you on the hands-on misselaneous work around the house, all doing it with you or for you, then act of service might be your primary love language.

#4. Gifts-
Most likely for women (my thought though ), if you feel more loved when bought and presented gifts, no matter how small, you just appreciate it when you receive those flowers, new clothes, new bag, new shoes, new car etc. If your turned to love mode at the presentation of gifts to you, then start thinking gifts as your primary love language.

#5. Physical touch
Your partner can't just sit with you without touching you, most times, they will just be either piching you, embracing you, holding your hands, just comfortable when touched and feel so much loved when they are being touched. This is however, different from having sex.

All these languages have dialets under them and also one must possess at least one. You know yourself better, examine yourself, what fills your love cup when you do it or done to you? Share it with your partner so that you can be communicating in the languages you both understand.
Drop your love language here first!

1 Like

Re: Summary Of "The Five Love Languages" -Dr. Gary Chapman( Photo) by spinna: 11:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nice I've heard about this and was just thinking about it and 2 secs later u posted this. This stuff is really important for relationships. I had a date with my former fiance today and i was thinking we have to have a better understanding if we wanna make this work.. Im sending this to her.

Ps this should be on front page because many of us are bad at relationships

1 Like

Re: Summary Of "The Five Love Languages" -Dr. Gary Chapman( Photo) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
Mine are:
1. Word of affirmation
2. Quality time
With maybe, physical touch!
Re: Summary Of "The Five Love Languages" -Dr. Gary Chapman( Photo) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
spinna:
Nice I've heard about this and was just thinking about it and 2 secs later u posted this. This stuff is really important for relationships. I had a date with my former fiance today and i was thinking we have to have a better understanding if we wanna make this work.. Im sending this to her.

Ps this should be on front page because many of us are bad at relationships

Thanks @Spinna, it will be good if you get the book and read together or individually. It's around N600. It's a miracle book!

(1) (Reply)

"Be The Judge", A Short Story By Mr.physics / FRICTION- A Story By Chukwuka Edoziuno / The Darkest Side Of Love - Episode 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.