Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes (17238 Views)

Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes / 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day / Photo Of A Mother Smoking And Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by tofolo(m): 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2016
Bros reduce your intake gradually you would stop, most of all seek the counsel of those who dont indulge in it.
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by ednut1(m): 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
tongue pele
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by freakcin: 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
Na we epp ustart am? How u wan make we epp u stop am. . . .

Anyways, give it time. The urge will fizzle out with time. Don't rush to stop, else you'll beback to it inno time.

Accept Jesus, He can save you ! cool
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by uzoexcel(m): 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
Lol...na naija we dey. Our pastors multi task cheesy

ammyluv2002:
Pastor ke? shocked shocked

Guy, you funny oh!

At the topic, just visit the hospital and ask them to show you the consequence of smoking and drinking. I mean, life consequences na you go just advice yourself asap.
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Lexusgs430: 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
GeemarxWorld:
Help Needed To Stop Some Bad Habits

I will want to know what kind of help I can get to stop drinking and smoking cigarettes.

I actually started these bad habits while I was quite very young and now am almost 33. I use to drink so much of beer, smoke alot of cigarettes and weed as well. This got really bad when I traveled out of the country for studies and spent so many years out there. I think the weather and the fact that smoking is so normal there that even my lecturers and I do have chats together while smoking in the smoking area made me get so addicted.

Now I have completely stopped smoking weed for more than two years and I don't really take beer except once in a blue moon but the big problem is that I think though I left the frying pan, I am inside the fire because I smoke cigarettes like really bad and I am addicted to hot drinks like brandy or whisky. I cannot stay a day without these two and it's really annoying me.

I want to settle down now and start looking forward to marriage and a beautiful family life so I really want to do myself the favor of living a wealthy life for my wife and kids. I don't want to be an irresponsible husband and father so please I really need all the help I can get on how to stop this habits.

Please I will love to here from you all in this section especially the professionals if there are drugs or medications I can take to stop these habits.

How many bottles a day, week or month & How many cigarettes/weed a day, week or month on the average?
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by blaise06: 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
who give you money way u de use buy am,.!... it's just a self decision not self announcement.
put the money u use in buying them into something else
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Enaburekhanjosh(m): 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
The truth about addiction is that, it hardly goes, but that's no bad news.

you only need to replace one addiction(what you may call bad) with the other(what you may call good)

you were able to stop weed and beer, because you replaced them with cigarette and gin.

to stop this cigarette and gin, you need to find something you can focus all your energy on...and my brother, you can't do it on your own, you will need a guide, someone you can talk to, your frd, your fiancée, or religious leader...

best of luck
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Twaci(f): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by tunderay(m): 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
Tytylion:
Talk to your pastor
which pastor? Are you aware most of them are also a smoker? He need a counsellor.
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
If you can stop weed, then you can stop cigarettes. Use the same method.

Correction, drinking and smoking does not make one irresponsible. It depends on how you do it! I have a friend who drinks and smokes, but he doesn't do any at home. He takes good care of his wife and kids. Though he doesn't do it everyday!

Cigarette smoking is very hard to stop especially for those addicted, but with determination and prayers, you'll stop. Always have this at the back of your mind: "Smokers die young" "Smokers die of cancer and liver ish......"I will not end up this way"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by stephenqueen: 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
My brother it is not that easy o

STFUareyouGod help a bro grin
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
Twaci:
cheesy grin
my plight cry
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Franchise21(m): 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
herzern1:
*Accept JESUS CHRIST as your personal lord and saviour......

*Read the Word of God(Bible) anytime you are tempted to indulqe in such acts

*Talk to your pastor about it so he can help you with prayers and words of inspiration

#GodBless...

This guy, re u so jobless? U comment on every thread... Shuo!!!
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
stephenqueen:
My brother it is not that easy o

STFUareyouGod help a bro grin
I've given up bro. I've learned to accept me for who I am
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
Tytylion:
Talk to your pastor

The Pastor sef fit dey high secretly
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by plainmirror(m): 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
herzern1:

*Talk to your pastor about it so he can help you with prayers and words of iinspiratio

#GodBless...

You ended up saying nothing

1 Like

Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by GeemarxWorld(m): 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
Emeks008:
I think is this high time for you to stop moving with some friends and stop going to bear parlour, clubs or pepper soup joint. Be focus and and have a strong will to drop the bad habits that you are addicted to. Although you never mentioned friends in your post but I know friends too can add to what is on ground here.

Just so you know, I don't club or go to beer parlors. The last time I ever stepped into a club was about 8 years ago and that was never in Nigeria. I also don't have friends that smoke because I really don't even keep friends. I do most of my drinking and smoking in my own private space.
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Vizzim: 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
Op, i think you should talk to ur pastor or anyone that can stand in that position. Am stay away from relationships that will take you smoke or drink and associate ur self with a different kind of people nonsmokers or drinkers
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Twaci(f): 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
my plight cry
cry Not easy bro. We know cry
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Loeemax: 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
Just stop
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by nelson344(m): 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
herzern1:

*Talk to your pastor about it so he can help you with prayers and words of inspiration

#GodBless...

hg u are a christian indeed
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
Twaci:
cry Not easy bro. We know cry
When it's time, I'll quit cheesy grin
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by odogwu190(m): 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
Be smelling ur armpit every morning u will stop,shey wen u start u ask for advice!!!
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by UmecheMoses(m): 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
Can we talk 08067895454. I have the answers you seek please. Kindly reach me.
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by drsugar: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
There are medical treatments for nicotine addiction (smoking) and alcohol dependence or abuse depending on which category you are. See a doctor close by. Would have loved to help but just visit anywhere close by where they handle something like this. Best of luck
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by tunderay(m): 1:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
plainmirror:

You ended up saying nothing
abi o. I wonder what all those stories have to do with the issue at hand.
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by plainmirror(m): 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
Tytylion:
Talk to your pastor
so pastors now have solution(s) for every life encounter.

Fellas like you are the religiously gullible ones under the hypnotic shackles of business men called pastors.
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
I can see the churchy fellows doing their thang... .....issok
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Wininno(m): 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
Discipline

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Bintexy(f): 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
I think you should take it one day at a time.

Make a conscious effort to reduce the number of stick you smoke daily.

Be determined to stop and you will see yourself stop the habit sooner than you thought.

Stock your fridge with water instead of hot drinks and every time there's a urge to drink and you open your fridge, you deliberately drink the water just to control the urge.

I also think you should set daily targets. E.g I am not smoking more than 3 sticks of cigarette today and you do all possible to achieve it.

Try avoiding close friends who can easily influence you again.

Lastly, do the above listed prayerfully because it is not of him that willeth but of God who shows mercy.
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Vizzim: 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
UmecheMoses:
Can we talk 08067895454. I have the answers you seek please. Kindly reach me.

Ur a doctor sir.. Why not give him the answers so we can all learn.
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by tibro(m): 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=ollah1 post=51541193]

Story![/quote
After giving your life to Jesus, you need holy ghost baptism purifying fire of God.
If any pastor or a born again Christian ask for money to do this for you, know they are fake.
Locate Dominion City Church near you.
Tell me your city n I will give you the church address close to you.
#gracevolt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Who Impregnated A Mad Woman In Katsina, Detained By Police / Hiv/aids Cure - How The West Deceives Nigeria – Jacob Abdulahi / Body Of The First Victim Of Ebola Virus In Nigeria Cremated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.