Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes (17233 Views)

Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes / 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day / Photo Of A Mother Smoking And Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by deavicky(m): 7:31am On Dec 02, 2016
I was like u, although I don't drink almost at all but I smoke a pack of cigarette in 2 days.all i did was just to make up my mind and just stopped.
try to control your self it very easy.
reduce or stop going to those places u usually go to smoke. It will sure help.
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by kentycom(m): 8:07am On Dec 02, 2016
holysainbj:

So who's his Pastor ??
A former addict??
Like the Pastor has the answer to why he smokes....

he needs a counsellor mbok....

I dont know as if pastor no be human being. Pastor na God!!! Abeg

1 Like

Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Abeycity93: 8:11am On Dec 02, 2016
I HAVE A TIP FOR YOU!
Whenever you are in taste of smoking it just go and buy and lick stick sweet to replace it.
just do that for a month you will forget about it
note: Don't sit with those who smoke
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by kentycom(m): 8:21am On Dec 02, 2016
My brother, u can stop it, if you want to stop

First of all, see this cigarette as something that will kill you instantly.
Ask yourself, why am i smoking this nonsense??

Tell yourself, i love myself
Disassociatiate yourself with those friends of yours that smoke this nonsense.
MIND U: SEE THEM AS YOUR GREATEST ENEMIES.
If they are talking to u, pretend as if you are hearing them, meanwhile you are not listening.

If you dont have anything you engage yourself with,
Find any living church and attend their weekly activities.
If you are less busy, charge your phone, chat with friends on facebook, twitter, instagram, nairaland etc.
If you dont have mb, play games until you are tired. Find a place and sleep.

Go to the market, buy some good inspirational books and read, mind u, this is a good medicine to make you sleep. watch tv, do alot of activities that will distract your mind.

Determine in such a way that you put a curse on yourself, if i take this cigarette again, walahi. It shall never be well with me.

Congratulations. Smoking becomes an history in your life. Cheers.
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by YeyeGirl(f): 10:22am On Dec 02, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Do you know him inside out? Would wanna probe further on his condition. We could talk out of the forum.
aii dear.. pls can u drop ur number
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
YeyeGirl:
aii dear.. pls can u drop ur number
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by gemale(m): 1:34am On Dec 03, 2016
holysainbj:
Bro u want out, u get out

It has to do with your mindset, condition your mind
firstly u r now in 9ja not overseas, and its very hot here
believe me u can stop it right now, just ask urself what u want and ACT what u want.....

I hope and pray u make it out.
Chop knuckle broda. As e dey my mind u tlk am. Mind over mata.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by gemale(m): 1:48am On Dec 03, 2016
GeemarxWorld:
Help Needed To Stop Some Bad Habits

I will want to know what kind of help I can get to stop drinking and smoking cigarettes.

I actually started these bad habits while I was quite very young and now am almost 33. I use to drink so much of beer, smoke alot of cigarettes and weed as well. This got really bad when I traveled out of the country for studies and spent so many years out there. I think the weather and the fact that smoking is so normal there that even my lecturers and I do have chats together while smoking in the smoking area made me get so addicted.

Now I have completely stopped smoking weed for more than two years and I don't really take beer except once in a blue moon but the big problem is that I think though I left the frying pan, I am inside the fire because I smoke cigarettes like really bad and I am addicted to hot drinks like brandy or whisky. I cannot stay a day without these two and it's really annoying me.

I want to settle down now and start looking forward to marriage and a beautiful family life so I really want to do myself the favor of living a wealthy life for my wife and kids. I don't want to be an irresponsible husband and father so please I really need all the help I can get on how to stop this habits.

Please I will love to here from you all in this section especially the professionals if there are drugs or medications I can take to stop these habits.

Sir, it all depends on u & ur willpower. 1st decide dt u wld control d habit nt it controlling u. D nicotine in tobacco is addictive so I wldnt advise going cold turkey (instant cessation) because of withdrawal symptoms. Try @ 1st 2 cut back by a quarter or a 3rd. Follow ds strictly 4 lyk a month or 2. If u fail, dnt get discouraged, start over again. When u hv reached ds mark, cut back further by either d same amount or even by half (depending on ur confidence & knowledge of self), keep on doing ds & in a mata of tym, u wld find urself less dependent on tobacco & alcohol. Also get a new hobby dt wld take ur mind away 4rm d urges & cravings dt wld plague u. I wld recommend exercise (martial arts & meditation wld help in building self control & focus) bt anytn positive dt u can get lost in & 4gt d urges is welcome. Finally, dnt expect instant perfection. It wld take tym & a lot of stumbling & falling bt d key thing wld b 2 pick urself up & decide nt 2 despair. Let ur mantra b "progress nt perfection".
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by reyvape: 2:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hello, i will advise you to get nicotine gums and an ecigarette that contains a significant amount of nicotine to help him quit smoking.You can aslo get,rolling papers, vaporizers, shisha and other cool stuff. you can check on [url]reyvape.com[/url] , nigeria number one smoking accessories store
Re: Help, I Want To Stop Drinking And Smoking Of Cigarettes by Afolabibabe: 8:55pm On May 19, 2018
Well, I have a herbal product that works for alcohol / smoking addiction. Check my signature for my contact if you are interested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Who Impregnated A Mad Woman In Katsina, Detained By Police / Hiv/aids Cure - How The West Deceives Nigeria – Jacob Abdulahi / Body Of The First Victim Of Ebola Virus In Nigeria Cremated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.