Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:57 PM

Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria (81527 Views)

Connotation Of Salary Structures In Nigeria (CONTISS,CONUASS,CONRAISS,CONTOPSAL, / Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria / Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by grpCaptain(m): 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2009
Hello NLanders,

I am trying to get some information about the salary and renumerations for Lecturer I and Lecturer II in Nigeria Universities. The CONUASS 03 and 04 scale to be precise.

I don't really mind if you have the new salary scale after the FG agreement with ASUU or the old scale. Thanks.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Holuem: 12:45am On Apr 28, 2011
CONUASS 03 (N897,501 – N1,074,314.04) Lecturer II
CONUASS 04 (N1,222,750.96 – N1,444,535,04) Lecturer I
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by pato405(m): 9:05pm On Sep 01, 2011
Holuem: pls are dis figures true? could you please furnish mi with current details. d figures u just published appear paltry n discouragin. im askin because im interested in goin in2 lecturin after phd. are dis figures inclusive of allowances? current salaries please.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 02, 2011
@pato405, do you think lecturers earn very fat salaries? I think the respondent is not far from the truth. So think less of the salary if you are really interested in the job. Cheers!
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by pato405(m): 10:52am On Sep 02, 2011
@okunima: hrd it rumourd dt FG has increased their salaries n take hom is about 200k/mnth. d figuures up there isnt worth it
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 02, 2011
@pato405, I don't think you need to work with rumours. I know CONUASS 5 (SL) are those that earn up to/a little over 200k as monthly take home including allowance.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by emmanjo: 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2011
I dont think the figure above is true. Perhaps the old scale coz one of my friends just got an appointment (as a graduate assistant) wit a Fed. Uni. and earns 108K per month after tax.

1 Like

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by pato405(m): 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2011
, if a grad assistant can earn 108k after tax deductions, then a lecturer 1 or 2 shuld earn as much as 150k at least after tax. i rili doubt d figures above. current figures please.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by elitper: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2011
I am presently an L1 in a FG university. My basic per annum is N897,501 while gross monthly pay before deductions is N141,389.25. After tax and pension deduction: N134,312.85. Present wage increase could change that a bit.

1 Like

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by pato405(m): 5:10pm On Sep 10, 2011
@elipter: thanks guy 4 d facts. hop its not so difficult getin a place in FG uni wit a phd.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by elitper: 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2011
@pato405, sorry I meant to write LII, not LI please. Getting a job after PhD was not difficult for me. I had three letters about a month after my defence, but I chose a postdoc fellowship I got instead. I only came back to take a position after the six month-fellowship. Getting a job was for me as easy as it was difficult without a PhD. But the money too small sha.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by pato405(m): 5:41pm On Sep 10, 2011
@elipter: it's no longer news dat lecturers earn miserable amount, but if the jobs are readily available and easy to get in dis age of economic quagmire and pervasive high rates of unemployment, one may consider taking up 1 while looking out for better offers or simply do other jobs concurrently. i'm sure it affords you at least two lecture free days in a week, hence, it's flexibility. gettin 3 offers at 1 go sounds really great! yur field must be a hot 1 in high demand i guess.pls keep mi posted abeg!
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by FavouredFellow: 11:50am On Sep 11, 2011
@pato405, it's not too easy to get the job although elipter got three offer. Before you can get an offer you might need to be connected because many people have Phd now. Don't focus solely on working in a federal Uni except that is your calling. Some of us in federal unis are planning to take up other employment. Cheers.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by elitper: 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2011
@pato405, permit me to strongly disagree with you. If with a PhD, you still need a godfather or something of that sort to get a job, then I seriously doubt the quality of that PhD. You may take this for example: Immediately after my defence in 2009, I responded to an advert by UNAAB. Of course, the VC insisted on the minimum of PhD for all academic positions. You know what? (1)There were more number of positions to be filled than the number of applicants invited (i.e those with PhDs). (2) I know more than two applicants who were not successful in that interview not because the job was given to some other person, but because they simply flunked the questions. In fact, a former teacher of mine who also attended the interview predicted to me that he would not be employed, with the way he performed at the interview. Up till now some of the positions are not yet filled and the departments are still shopping hard for qualified hands. The position I was given (CONUASS 3 step2) was indeed a step higher than what I was told I would be given during the interview (3 Step 1); I suspect it was all in the bid to make it attractive to those of us who do not belong in the physical science and might not consider a career in a science and tech varsity exciting. I turned it down, as I said earlier.
In sum, I think it is better to strive to be good, if not exceptional, in your field first. You will literally be harassed with job offers after. I DO NOT THINK SO. I KNOW SO.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by pato405(m): 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2011
@elipter: i absolutely agree with u. my scepticisms about the ease of being inundated with so much job offers is perhaps borne out of the high prevalence and dominance of god-fatherism in Nigeria. be that as it may, it is quite true that if you are proficient in yur field, u'll be veritably, a 'hot-cake' (all tins being equal). i had my masters in uk n currently doin ma PhD in the same school. i consider myself privileged to appreciate the standard of education which presumably, wouldn't hav been possible with inadequate facilities in health-related research in Nigeria. i have worked in a teaching hospital before leavin 4 my masters so i know what i'm talkin about here. sayin a PhD holder (1 who has successfully defended a piece of research) failed an interview conducted within the realms of his field of speciality is ridiculous and absolutely unbelievable. are u sure they are not victims of a system marred by nepotism?, d same god-fatherism factor in question again!
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by pato405(m): 2:11pm On Sep 11, 2011
somtyms getin a job in Nigeria goes beyond being an adroit in your field or simply being too exceptional. more often than not, your tribe is a sufficient determinant if u'll be granted the offer or not. a dumb applicant from Ado-Ekiti will most likely be favoured and granted d vacant position at UNAD than som confident applicant from Anambra or Abia. these issues may hav contributed in the instance you cited (possibly), else i c no reason y a phD holder will PREDICTABLY fail an interview.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by elitper: 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2011
@pato405 sorry again. I mistook you for FavouredFellow in my rush to beat the dying battery. I think performance at interview could also be due to other reasons than not being good in one's field. State of mind and exposure also are factors. The two questions I myself failed at the interview were the simplest - the only short answer questions I was asked.
Q: Which State has the lowest population?
A: Lagos
Q: When did Nigeria become a Republic?
A: 1979.
Of course,  the entire panel burst out in laughter, and the VC looked so relieved to have caught me with those two "bullets." It was a moment of self-re-examination for me. I knew there were still a lot of things that are considered simple in which I was ignorant. Of course, I had no doubt I did well in the aggregate, considering the way they all listened to me answering the earlier more professional set of questions.
Another factor, especially as it relates to the question about population, was stress. Even as I did not know the state with lowest population, I knew it could not be Lagos. But the stress of the journey + seating long before I was called in added to my disorientation.
With a PhD in that your field, I do not doubt that you will get a job easily. There are, in fact, more opportunities for those in areas such as Microbiology, Biochemstry, Public Health and other related fields. These are areas that are emphasized by newly emerging institutions and grant-giving bodies.
The issue of ethnicity or favouritism does not come in in this instance. My teacher is Yoruba and in addition was from Ogun, while I am only Yoruba and not from Ogun. I know a lot of non-Yoruba academics in the University where I teach. This is not to discount the disgusting ethnic bias of many of our senior colleagues and peers, but I am telling you that there is a point where it won't work. See the example of ABU Zaria, as marginalized as the ethnic minority and the Southerners are in that place, the establishment can not help hiring them for academic positions for which they seem to be the only ones qualified. So, they dominate the teaching staff; it is in high-cadre administrative appointments such as VC etc that they are discriminated against.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by pato405(m): 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2011
@elipter: can't stop laffing about those answers! u must hav entertained dem like a comedian with your hilarious answers. Lagos as d state with d 'lowest population' grin grin. i personally feel askin such questions shuld be disregarded. somtyms dey ask names of current commissioners, ministers or state governors n i really find it difficult keepin track with them. anyway, thanks 4 yur insightful contribution to this thread.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by uau(m): 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2011
sorry to say,i have lost respect for a lot of PHD holders.i stand by this fact that the best brains are in the industry[oil companies,telcos etc.] and only the left overs are in the academics.

i have a masters in computer science and i intend to start my PHD next year.

how can you explain the fact that a PHD holder in computer science can only program in 1 language when we in the can program in more than 7 languages and yet we are busy and they come to work by 10am and close by 4 pm.

a lecturer with PHD teaches computer networking but cannot implement a connection between 2 computers.

a computer scientist worth his onions can earn this salary by writing computer programs and selling the applications from his/her house.

all what they now do is to download lecture notes on the internet.a lecturer friend does this and he confirms to me that that is what most people do.

most lecturers are becoming so lazy.they do not release results on time,produce sexually transmitted degrees(STDs),frustrate students etc.

this nation is in trouble.

God help us!!!

1 Like

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by pato405(m): 9:29am On Sep 13, 2011
@uau: u are NOT making sense. go finish yur Phd first den com back and talk.perhaps u'll understand better.

4 Likes

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Godalone(m): 10:57am On Sep 13, 2011
@uau, there is no sense in what you wrote up there.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by uau(m): 11:00am On Sep 13, 2011
@pato405

i am not making sense because this is the truth.

i will do my PHD.this is not the problem.what i am saying is to tackle the rot in the system.

u are a typical nigerian that likes acquiring big degrees but with empty upstairs.

i tell u that if PHD holders can make use of their research knowledge, then unemployment will be greatly reduced.

instead they take pride in dumping their thesis in a bookshelf and be showing to students.

i can tell u that the only thing a PHD knows very well is to be able to write well.

alot of PHD holders are pursuing me now for me to help them write their PHD thesis application software.

i personally will not aid anyone because if i do this, i will be contributing to the rot in the system.

i respect PHD holders that are in academics and also doing private practice.

how can u explain university churning out PHD holders in computer science who cannot even develop a software to compute results for students.

i bet u go and check any exam officer,u will see him/her using microsoft excel to compute results.some even do manually.

it is a shame!!!

3 Likes

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by pato405(m): 10:36am On Oct 04, 2011
@elipter: do lecturers under health (e.g teaching hospitals) earn the same salaries as their peers in other non-medical fields? please just need som further clarifications.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by elitper: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2011
I think they do, according to their CONUASS level. But those who, in addition provide their services as doctors (not teachers) also get paid in addition. But I still need to confirm all that from a friend in the T.H.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by 50samuel(m): 2:25pm On Oct 08, 2011
@eliter, do u know the pay for admin officer 2 in unaab. I wrote an aptitute test in unaab and i passed but stil remain interview and plz if u av any clue of posible interview question my email is moraktomi@yahoo.com. Thanx
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Grassroot: 10:54pm On Oct 10, 2011
uau:

@pato405

i am not making sense because this is the truth.

i will do my PHD.this is not the problem.what i am saying is to tackle the rot in the system.

u are a typical nigerian that likes acquiring big degrees but with empty upstairs.

i tell u that if PHD holders can make use of their research knowledge, then unemployment will be greatly reduced.

instead they take pride in dumping their thesis in a bookshelf and be showing to students.

i can tell u that the only thing a PHD knows very well is to be able to write well.

alot of PHD holders are pursuing me now for me to help them write their PHD thesis application software.

i personally will not aid anyone because if i do this, i will be contributing to the rot in the system.

i respect PHD holders that are in academics and also doing private practice.

how can u explain university churning out PHD holders in computer science who cannot even develop a software to compute results for students.

i bet u go and check any exam officer,u will see him/her using microsoft excel to compute results.some even do manually.

it is a shame!!!

You are really funny. Reading through your post, I can clearly see the difference between a PhD holder and a Master degree holder. Doing a PhD is a highly intellectual training. The kind of skills a PhD holder acquires are analytical and problem solving skills. For example, I don't think a PhD holder would make such comment. You sure know how to write well, but reasoning well is more important.

I happen to know about computer science, and if you plan to do a PhD in computer science, don't think you are going to be learning programming languages. I advise you to pick up your discrete mathematics, formal languages, compilers, algoritms, and all those abstract concepts you have done in the past. Don't expect to be writing php, java, or python. You will be involved in building new programming methodologies instead. So dont think you are better because you can program in 10 languages or use excel to compute results. I seriously doubt your claim that "a lot of PHD holders are pursuing me now for me to help them write their PHD thesis application software." Just wondering where you met a lot of them.

I agree with you saying that if researchers use their knowledge well, then unemployment will reduce drastically. Afterall, projects like Google were offshoots from PhD researches. That said, what we need most are more researchers with genuine interest in research, not because they want to have 2 free days a week or for lack of other juicy jobs. I encourage you to do your PhD, the intellectual experience is worth it. You can see the salaries are not so great, so dont let that be your motive.

7 Likes

Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by uau(m): 2:35am On Oct 11, 2011
@grassroot

the difference between a PHD holder and a Masters degree holder is that the PHD holder has concluded a piece of research in 3-5 years.

i can tell u that most PHD are not analytical.if they are?why do they fail alot of aptitude tests and get back to unleash the anger on students.i overheard a PHD saying the students he taught earn more than them cos they work in oil companies now and this makes them angry.the reason was simply that the student was able to pass an aptitude test which the PHD holder could not.

u should know that i had passed compilers,discrete maths etc. before earning my M.Sc.

just that i need a PHD though i will not work with it,if not i can concentrate on making money and be like dangote and thereafter i can buy as much doctorate degrees although honorary with my money.just watch,very soon ifeanyi uba of capital gas and oil will soon be given a doctorate degree.dangote with OND in printing technology has multiple doctorate degrees and employs alot of PHD all reporting to him.

in computing,u can earn from a program for life as such research is very important.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by mikeywise(m): 8:39am On Oct 13, 2011
elitper:

I am presently an L1 in a FG university. My basic per annum is N897,501 while gross monthly pay before deductions is N141,389.25. After tax and pension deduction: N134,312.85. Present wage increase could change that a bit.
hello sir, u cant possibly get dat disposable income.i think there is mistake somewhere because when you deduct 7.5% pension alone, what you have left will be less than that amount.i am just pointing this out, i think its a mistake.thank you.
Re: Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria by Erudee: 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2011
Teachers wanted at A&G Erudite consults.Forward CV only to eruditeconsults@gmail.com It's real

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media / Beware Of This So Called Company, They Are Kidnappers / N-Power Teacher Corps Programme: Incoming Aspirants, Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.