Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Akeredolu To Review Campaign Promises Upon Assumption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu To Review Campaign Promises Upon Assumption (496 Views)

Has The Buhari Administration Fulfilled Any Of These Campaign Promises? (Picture / Akeredolu To Buhari: "Sack Magu Now, Over 1,001 People Can Do The Job" / Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu To Review Campaign Promises Upon Assumption by realunclej(m): 11:46am On Dec 01, 2016
The Minister of State for Niger Delta, Prof. Claudius Daramola, on Wednesday ascribed the victory of APC in the last guber polls in Ondo to the counsel of President Muhammadu Buhari. He said this at a joint briefing of the state House press corps with Plateau Gov. Simon Lalong, Ondo State Gov-Elect, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu and his running mate Mr Agboola Ajayi. According to the minister, the visit of the president to the state on Nov. 19 was the turning point in the fortunes of the party thus removing the party from the four decade opposition.

On his speech, the gov.-elect, Akeredolu said he thanked the President profusely after the election and that the gratitude covered all leaders of the party, including Sen. Bola Tinubu.

The gov.-elect said upon assumption of office he would examine the finances of the state to determine whether to review his campaign promises. He said he was bent on implementing the five cardinal campaign programmes, including massive job creation through agriculture and entrepreneurship.

It will be noted that Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, said he has begun a review of the campaign promises made to the citizens of the state before his election on September 26. Obaseki explained that he had started taking stock both at the Government House and the different ministries in the state to ascertain the amount of resources available to meet the promises. The governor spoke during a meeting with the state leadership and executive members of the All Progressives Congress in Benin on Friday. He said, “I want to use this opportunity to inform you that, since we took over government last week, what we are trying to do is stock-taking to understand how things are in the Government House, to understand what is going on in each ministry, to review the promises we made during our election and to see whether the resources we have is enough to meet those promises. - http://punchng.com/govt-reviewing-promises-made-obaseki/

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/buhari-won-ondo-guber-polls-for-apc/

“To win the people, always cook them some savoury that pleases them.” ― Aristophanes, The Knights

I am beginning to wonder if this is a new precedent for APC. Make bogus promises and use economy excuse to review them after election is won. We all know all the promises made before 2015 election has not been fulfilled. I think it is still early for the governor-elect to start talking of reviewing campaign promises. In other word, it's like saying don't expect much from me.

Please note I don't support any political party or politicians. However, it is just an observation. This is my personal view.
Re: Akeredolu To Review Campaign Promises Upon Assumption by Jafar1: 11:50am On Dec 01, 2016
no one promise fail like APC and BUARI,
let's not expect much
Re: Akeredolu To Review Campaign Promises Upon Assumption by yarimo(m): 11:56am On Dec 01, 2016
Is like AKEREDOLU will be the new chief driver, association of professionals APC governors one chance drivers. grin
Re: Akeredolu To Review Campaign Promises Upon Assumption by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
And what' s the big deal if he does that?
Re: Akeredolu To Review Campaign Promises Upon Assumption by ikp120(m): 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
Please do an upward review of that thing joor cool... Lalasticlala come and see APC o cry
Re: Akeredolu To Review Campaign Promises Upon Assumption by realunclej(m): 12:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
And what' s the big deal if he does that?
There is no big deal of course. But there is when the issue of trust come into play. The people voted him because they belief him. Before he enter into governance he already know that the state is in a financial mess. At least he should have an idea on how he want to revive the economy of the state and make promises accordingly. That way, he will not be seen speaking with both sides of the mouth.
Re: Akeredolu To Review Campaign Promises Upon Assumption by incometutors: 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
This is serious. Our politicians are...
Re: Akeredolu To Review Campaign Promises Upon Assumption by realunclej(m): 12:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
incometutors:
This is serious. Our politicians are...
What do you think?
Re: Akeredolu To Review Campaign Promises Upon Assumption by Mc4larin: 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Akeredolu To Review Campaign Promises Upon Assumption by realunclej(m): 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mc4larin:
Hmmmmmmmmm
Watching with 3D?

(1) (Reply)

Your Land Or Your Blood. / President Buhari Jailed Me For 18 Months In 1984 Just Because I Am Rich – Anenih / Rivers Rerun: President Buhari Begs For A Peacefull Election In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.