Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,070 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend (1763 Views)

13 Amazing Tips To Be A Perfect Girlfriend In 2019 / 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You / 13 Reasons The Girl Who Hates People Is Actually The Perfect Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
"Let's talk about us." Say these simple words to a guy and he'll wince, roll his eyes, or even sigh, as if to say, "Not this again." You might chalk up our response to emotional bankruptcy; you wouldn't be the first woman to do so.

But here's the thing: We men care a lot about our relationships. We think about them all the time. We talk about them with our friends. But that doesn't mean we've cataloged everything we want in a girlfriend—or figured out how to tell you what our needs are, for that matter. What if you take something the wrong way? What if you ask us a question that we just don't know how to respond to, or can't bear to answer?

1 Laugh with Us—And at Us
Real Men don't measure their girlfriend against models. In fact, only 12 percent of us say that superficial stuff matters more than a woman's sense of humor, smarts, or sweet demeanor. That trio proves irresistible to more than 75 percent of the tots of men, But of the three, sense of humor is most important—it serves as our mental matchmaker. "It's a sign of intellectual compatibility " says Billy Goldberg, M.D., coauthor of Why Do Men Fall Asleep after Sex? "You can't just be a laugh track. Men want a woman who is as comfortable relating her own ridiculous anecdote as she is listening to ours."

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
2.Take Your Affection Outside
Ninety-seven percent of Men , a woman who's willing to show her love in public. "Men want a woman who's confident enough in her sexuality to make a move, no matter the circumstances, says Neil Chethik, author of VoiceMale.

That doesn't mean you should suck face at the Four Seasons. Subtle displays—a close kiss during a walk, a graze of his thigh in the car, even a smoldering look shot across a crowded dinner party—can stoke his fires. His hips will tell you how passionately to pounce: Only half of all PDA-friendly guys want a full-on makeout session in public. If he moves closer, that's your green light to heat things up.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
3. Kiss Us When We're Down
Men want a partner, not a caregiver. More than 67 percent of Men love this, smothering moves like fixing our errant hair or straightening our collars.

What's a caring girlfriend to do? "A man wants to be with someone who will defend and support him," says Chethik. It's easier for him to accept help from you—to admit that he has a weakness—if a specific event or issue is bringing him down." In other words, help us fix our problems, not our character flaws.

So bring us soup when we're sick in bed; lift us up when a work project is stomping us down. Help a man feel secure, like you've got his back, and he'll want to spend time with you. Stifle him and he might start looking to escape.

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by dingbang(m): 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
Fvck us
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
Looks intelligent. Please come and complete this smiley
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
4. Compliment Us—Carefully
We love that you love our abs. But we hope that isn't all you love about us. "A man wants to hear that no matter how he looks, there's something deeper you find sexy about him, whether it's how he tells a story or how he touches you," says Chethik.

66 percent of men want you to pinpoint an intangible quality, something we uniquely possess. Be sincere and specific: "I love how safe you make me feel" trumps "You're so great" any day. Bonus: You're reinforcing his efforts to care for you.
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by dingbang(m): 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
Gv us beejays
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by dingbang(m): 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
mhiz:
Looks intelligent. Please come and complete this smiley
what now, I tot u don't do relationships
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
5, Impress Our Friends . . .
You're smart enough to grant your man the occasional guys' night out, right? Good. Boxing out a man's friends is a relationship deal breaker, according to 83 percent of the men.

But make the most of that long leash you've granted him. Look at his best available pals as fix-up material for your solo friends. And if he's planning a pub crawl, meet his crew at the bar, buy the first round, then peel off so they can spend time together: "You have a blast with the boys, hon. I'm going to head home and relax." He'll keep you in mind all night long, and later on his buds will gripe less when you're on a date watching a premier league match .

"It's important for her to relate to his friends," says Dr. Goldberg, "not just tolerate them."

"You don't have to love your boyfriend's friends," adds Joshua Piven, coauthor of The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Dating and Sex, "but you do need to respect their relationship with him
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Rone16(f): 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
No
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
6. . . And Let Us Meet Your friends too
We're jealous. We admit it. And we hate that side of ourselves as much as you do.

We're not prudes, mind you. We know you flirt, and 79 percent of us don't mind, provided only words—not phone numbers or caresses—are exchanged. "Men want to be with a girl who radiates, someone who makes other people say, 'Wow, she's interesting, engaging, and attractive,'" says Piven. "We want her to be social with other men without being blatantly seductive."

So introduce us to your buddies. We'll feel less threatened by the other men in your life if we're friendly with them, too. You might even invite us to tag along for after-work happy hour once in a while. If we're mingling at a bar or a party, you don't need to hang on our every word, but reassure us every now and then by making eye contact across the room.

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by REIIGN(m): 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
cool

Cc: Jayson1 CplusJason where you at?

2 Likes

Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
7. Smooth Our Moods
Men aren't immune to mood swings; we're just more likely to bury them. When we're not acting like ourselves, simply say, "You look wrecked. What's up?" If he starts spilling his soul, resist the urge to coerce him into a dialogue—34 percent of guys only want you to listen.

"Men want women to be sensitive but not intrusive, which is a delicate dance," says Eli Finkel, Ph.D., an assistant professor of psychology at Northwestern University. For a guy, simply telling you about his troubles can be enough, without trying to resolve them.

If that doesn't work, divert our attention. Helping us forget about that overbearing boss or obnoxious friend is the preferred coping mechanism for 32 percent of Men.

"Sometimes we need to get our minds off a subject," says Borgenicht. "That could mean going out for a drink, cooking dinner together, or watching a movie." The more attention we need to pay to the diversion, the less brainpower we'll devote to stewing.

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
8. Reinvent pre-intimacy
Slow-burning sex isn't better only for you. "Longer pre-intimacy helps men synchronize with their partners, giving them confidence and, as a result, better control over ejaculation," says Seth Prosterman, Ph.D., a certified sex therapist in San Francisco.

Perhaps this will shock you, but pre-intimacy is important to us, too. More than 75 percent of our guys say they want pre-intimacy to last 15 minutes or more, which ought to please the 84 percent of women who agree.

Here's how to warm him up and clue him in. Start the seduction on a sweet note, with your man on top. Guide his hands, stroking his palm the way you'd like to be touched. Your magic phrase? "Like this." That's all—he'll get the point. Slip one hand down the back of his shorts, just below the waistline, and pull his pelvis toward you, showing him the motion that turns you on. Don't forget your line: "Like this."

Next, switch positions—you on top. Slowly kiss him along his neck and collarbone. Linger by his belt line, looking up at him as you kiss his abdomen. Repeat your refrain, and work your way back up to his lips. Switch positions again, and repeat.
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
9. Know What Really Turns Him On
New positions are nice. Experimentation with toys or lotions can be fun, or at least interesting. But what turns men on most in bed, according to 39 percent of the guys we surveyed, is your unbridled enthusiasm (followed by confidence, at 35 percent, and creativity, at 17 percent).

"It's a turn-on to know we're pleasing you," says Dr. Goldberg. "If the experience is more interactive, it makes all the difference." Perhaps that's why 87 percent of men say "just lying there" is a serious turnoff, and 57 percent of men say that silence is a sexual downer.

So let him know what he's doing right. Grip the sheets. Beg. Plead. Demand. Make it less like a handshake and more like an earthquake (as long as you're actually feeling it). "All great sexual encounters deliver that sense of validation that you really have something special," says Prosterman.

In fact, your over-the-top passion can help a man feel closer to you emotionally—something more than a third of our guys singled out as the most important part of unforgettable sex.
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Jayson1: 6:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
REIIGN:
cool

Cc: Jayson1 CplusJason where you at?
Odogwu, i see smoke everywhere bruh.

Roel is doing a "good" job. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
When We don't feel like talking , understand Us
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jayson1:

Ro el is doing a "good" job. cool
once in awhile its good to educate our young ones here cool
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
An Interesting read. smiley
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
KissChrix:
When We don't feel like talking , understand Us
pouring more wine into your cup grin grin
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
Roel:
pouring more wine into your cup grin grin

No let am overflow o gringrin
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
What of if you have no friends undecided
Roel:
6. . . And Let Us Meet Your friends too
We're jealous. We admit it. And we hate that side of ourselves as much as you do.

We're not prudes, mind you. We know you flirt, and 79 percent of us don't mind, provided only words—not phone numbers or caresses—are exchanged. "Men want to be with a girl who radiates, someone who makes other people say, 'Wow, she's interesting, engaging, and attractive,'" says Piven. "We want her to be social with other men without being blatantly seductive."

So introduce us to your buddies. We'll feel less threatened by the other men in your life if we're friendly with them, too. You might even invite us to tag along for after-work happy hour once in a while. If we're mingling at a bar or a party, you don't need to hang on our every word, but reassure us every now and then by making eye contact across the room.
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Jayson1: 6:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
Roel:
once in awhile its good to educate our young ones here cool
Correct....

Maximum Respect to you bruh.

I think i should start calling you the "Romancelander of The Year"

cool
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
ItsQuinn:
What of if you have no friends undecided
we all have friends , no one is their own island wink
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by REIIGN(m): 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jayson1:

Roel is doing a "good" job. cool

Articles like this one serves to educate. Most women dont realise that men have other cravings aside sex. I'd pick a woman who gives me peace over a fuücklicant any day! grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jayson1:
Correct....

Maximum Respect to you bruh.

I think i should start calling you the "Romancelander of The Year"

cool
see washing grin grin pouring more whisky into your cup cool
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2016
REIIGN:

Articles like this one serves to educate. Most women dont realise that men have other cravings aside sex. I'd pick a woman who gjves me peace over a fuücklicant any day! grin
there is more to love than sex, plenty more, girls fail to understand that.
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
KissChrix:

No let am overflow o gringrin
let me just leave the bottle here wink
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Laveda(f): 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
LOL Lacasera

smiley Nice one.
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Jayson1: 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
REIIGN:

Articles like this one serves to educate. Most women dont realise that men have other cravings aside sex. I'd pick a woman who gjves me peace over a fuücklicant any day! grin
Odogwu, this your comment is laudable. You just hit it right there.

You're the boss indeed. cool
Re: 9 Ways To Be The Perfect Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
But I don't have friends
Roel:
we all have friends , no one is their own island wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

(18+) Why Are Ladies Strippers / See How This Lady Lost Her Surprise Proposal. / Pre Wedding Photos Of Rufai And Fatima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.