Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read (53450 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / We Have Stronger Women And Weaker Men Now!! / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by purple3091: 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2016
uniteam:
You wont understand the advantages mentioned until you feel it. I am 40, my first son is in the University, wifey is ever young, like 25 years and best friend cos we started early together, even without much money, we trend together with the children, able to run things together and not stone age to computer age, still handled vector and quadratic yesterday, we easily understand each other, with ever fresh ideas, they drill my brain, i drill theirs, she struggle her wears and accessories with the girls, they learn from us (Myself and Wifey), We bring resources together to build a home and invest in their future, Its always fun and we are still much active, abeg, you just wont understand early marriage is the best. Of what joy is it at 55 years still struggling for school fees? Guess i need to count my blessings again. May God protect and spare us all.
how old is your wife now?
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by purple3091: 8:11pm On Dec 02, 2016
blackprowler:

See where Nigerian brain reach! Your rat race in life is about making your children graduate and all when you're still "very young". That's your idea of having lived a life? Oh god, this country is a joke. Nigeria will ultimately sink under the enormous weight of the people's stupidity. Foreign countries should bar us from entering their countries. What a people!
so true,although it's not just nigeria,it's this whole continent basically,i have been to other countries and goshhhh,must be a black race thing ,what do you think?i feel so dissapointed in the poor leadership from our race but whateve....r all i can do is not add to the problem of ignorance and help others too

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by DavidEsq(m): 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2016
nacozee:
abeg! that you were immature 6-8 years ago doesnt mean everyone else was like you at that time.
Why is it paining u dat I'm saying the truth na undecided
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by purple3091: 8:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
nacozee:
abeg! that you were immature 6-8 years ago doesnt mean everyone else was like you at that time.
good one grin
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Morganlee101: 1:01am On Dec 03, 2016
nairalanddss:
Getting married early comes with its share of advantages. Early marriages, which were at a time rare, have started becoming common now. Starting your life early with that one person can be quite a challenge for a lot of young boys and girls. However, when you tie the knot early, there are several advantages that is beneficial to the individuals as well as for the couples.Having a good sexual rapport with your partner, learning a lot of practical things in life and taking time to have kids are some of the advantages of getting married early. When you get married late or at the nick of time, planning a future together happens at a fast pace. But, early marriages aren’t this way, which is why it is better.Modern couples prefer to tie the knot soon after the approval of parents.Here are some advantages og getting married early.

Early getting married advantages are:

1.Easy To Adjust With Partner: Younger people adapt easily to changing environments since it is easier for them to break bad habits as compared to people who are older in age.

2.You Are More Fertile: After the age of 35 years, you become less fertile. Women who get pregnant after this age face numerous pregnancy problems. Therefore, getting married early saves you from this trouble.

3.More Time With Partner: You get to spend more time with your partner when you get married early. Settling for an early marriage also helps you to know your in-laws better.

4.Get To Fulfill Your Dreams: People think that marriage puts a stop to fulfilling one’s dreams. But, if you find the right partner, one who understands your needs and goals, it is better off to get married early.

5.More Time For Lovemaking: There is more time for lovemaking when you marry early. This is one of the main advantages of getting married early. It is at this age where you also get the time and energy to try out new positions to please your partner in the bedroom.

6.Look Younger For Longer: When you get married at an early age, people will soon start to compliment you on your looks. This is one of the advantages of getting married early.

7.Brings Out The Maturity: Getting married young brings out the responsibility and maturity in you. Both the wife and husband become more mature and responsible and settle into their roles easily as life moves on.

8.Be Energetic Parents: Marrying young also has the benefit of having children early, making it easier for the couple to raise them since they themselves will be young and full of energy and will be able to relate to their children more.

These are the advantages of getting married early.

http://www.jeloser.info/2016/12/early-getting-married-advantages-to-know.html

the only thing i love about early marriage is that you watch your kids grow fast, i'm 31 and my first son is 8, when we go out people hardly believe hes my son. For the relationship it does not always goes as plan.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by blackprowler: 5:20am On Dec 03, 2016
purple3091:
so true,although it's not just nigeria,it's this whole continent basically,i have been to other countries and goshhhh,must be a black race thing ,what do you think?i feel so dissapointed in the poor leadership from our race but whateve....r all i can do is not add to the problem of ignorance and help others too

I couldn't agree more. Thank you very much
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Bishops10(m): 7:45am On Dec 03, 2016
missyQween:

Yes...We re going up to that alter
Awww....... He who finds a wife,finds good thing,baby I can't live without you
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by KevinDein: 11:54am On Dec 03, 2016
blackprowler:

See where Nigerian brain reach! Your rat race in life is about making your children graduate and all when you're still "very young". That's your idea of having lived a life? Oh god, this country is a joke. Nigeria will ultimately sink under the enormous weight of the people's stupidity. Foreign countries should bar us from entering their countries. What a people!
such an arrogant moorroon you are.
Of what business of yours if someone else sees marrying early as an achievement?
Who made you the authority in defining what a successful life really is?
If you are as civilized as you'll like to pretend to be you'd have at least learnt to respect people with differing opinions rather than hurling insults all over the place.

Arrogant mofo

3 Likes

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by blackprowler: 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
KevinDein:
Of what business of yours if someone else sees marrying early as an achievement?
If you are as civilized as you'll like to pretend to be you'd have at least learnt to respect people with differing opinions rather than hurling insults all over the place.

Arrogant mofo

You are a mumu nau. Anyone with a brain will easily figure out who is defining what a "successful life" is in terms of his own stupidity and who is stating that people and circumstances differ. You are a typical example of all that's wrong with this country because you don't know what should be universal values and what should be left for each man to do as pertains to his own circumstance. You're in good company in failed Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by blackprowler: 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
KevinDein:

Arrogant mofo

Mumu, you're in luck. I have a breaking news for you. In the successful United States, a great general has just been nominated to be the next Defence Secretary. His name is James Mattis. His annual defence budget is bigger that all the annual budgets of all of Africa's 54 countries combined. He is 66 years old AND HE HAS NEVER BEEN MARRIED (BACHELOR) AND HE HAS NO CHILDREN. Get your head around that if you can. In your world, they'd have destroyed his career well before he ever got to this point and he will be adjudged a "failure". Go figure!

2 Likes

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by KevinDein: 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2016
blackprowler:

You are a mumu nau. Anyone with a brain will easily figure out who is defining what a "successful life" is in terms of his own stupidity and who is stating that people and circumstances differ. You are a typical example of all that's wrong with this country because you don't know what should be universal values and what should be left for each man to do as pertains to his own circumstance. You're in good company in failed Nigeria
shut up. Ignorant morroon. No one gives a fuuuuckkk what a moooron like you thinks.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by blackprowler: 2:14am On Dec 04, 2016
KevinDein:
shut up. Ignorant morroon. No one gives a fuuuuckkk what a moooron like you thinks.

You don't seem alright. Maybe you need help

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by missyQween(f): 9:28am On Dec 08, 2016
Bishops10:

Awww....... He who finds a wife,finds good thing,baby I can't live without you

Blushing hard
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Bishops10(m): 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
missyQween:

Blushing hard
Honey...where have you been??
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by agwuabia: 7:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
Xmen149:
Those shouting early marriage smh,i wonder what age is early marriage exactly and how to sustain it,dnt just rush to bring children to dis world to suffer them,..(primary school and sec @16 -18 yrs,..they fight Gce and jamb to enter tertiary to graduate around 25 - 27yrs if ua lucky,.Nysc 26- 28 yrs,.huzzle 4 job if lucky and get around 29 - 32yrs,.try to get ur stand wt even smtin xtra to mk ends meet (like aid to family,get appartment,reason landed property and mobility wyl trying to date a marriageable girl and watching out 4those that wants to eat u down) 33 - 36 yrs,.....oya o.p,this is for average men in the nigeria environment,else ua talking to senators pikin them...when is exactly the early there,when they are still recieving ''mma thank ma?''

You're so on point.

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
arosunshine:
Early marriage is one of the best decision i had made.

I'll advise you to take your stupid.ity out of my thread. Its such a pity that your wife is saddled with a brainless prick like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by arosunshine(m): 11:34pm On Dec 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Nobody: 4:40am On Dec 17, 2016
blackprowler:

Of course, I didn't expect you to get it. Oh God, I UNDERSTAND Nigeria but they don't believe me. To you, marry, born, have grandkids as the philosophy of life is like moving from pry 1, pry 6, Jss, sss, university etc. So the one in SS3 is senior to one in primary 6 and the latter has to automatically aspire to be in that SS3 and so on and so forth. Now, this is despite my explanation to you. Let me break it to you again, THERE IS NO LAW THAT YOU MUST MARRY AT ALL EVEN AT 100 OR TO HAVE KIDS. Oprah get moni; she never marry one day, no kids and she's over 60 and a dollar billionaire. You know, I've said repeatedly that until we re-examine our understanding of what we value and what matters in life, we will continue to be in the problems we're in. Go and read. Leave what mama, papa, uncle, friend, nairaland and Nollywood says and think with your own brain and look at other peoples of the world and how they live and if you try hard enough, you might just get wiser. Nigeria was bastardised in the last one generation and it affected the youth. Instead of that to reflect on their outlook on life, they're still trying to copy their parent's generation where life was much easier and straightforward and indeed the abuse of over-reproduction then is why we're suffering today as no one is farming again and an ever increasing population is reliant on "oyel moni". Look: many things dey and it's so tragic that instead of grappling with serious issues, Nigerian youths are just preoccupied with music, Nollywood and reality TV glitz. I no fit shout. I only regret I'm trapped in Nigeria

Oga, I like your spirit. Please ignore the issues with Nigeria and live your life the way you want. It's not going to change any time soon so move on with your life. People will always have a certain mindset but even in the past they were a few others who lived their lives differently and successfully

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Nobody: 4:46am On Dec 17, 2016
Lucasbalo:
As a guy who married at 23, you have valid points. The only one I disagree with is that they divorce often. Been on the marital game for over 20 years and the love between us is stronger than when we got married. All the advantages you mentioned are absolutely right. You make your family earlier and enjoy your years together starting in your mid 40s to your old age. I will do it again if I have to.

Oga well done but life is not 1+1=2 all the time. God forbid tragedy should meet you where you are. What about the couple who married early and after many years lost all their kids at once to a fire out break or a motor accident? My aunt who sees her two kids as her life insurance just lost one after 20 years. Na so life be, good luck sir
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Lucasbalo(m): 6:20am On Dec 17, 2016
Pidgin2:

Oga well done but life is not 1+1=2 all the time. God forbid tragedy should meet you where you are. What about the couple who married early and after many years lost all their kids at once to a fire out break or a motor accident? My aunt who sees her two kids as her life insurance just lost one after 20 years. Na so life be, good luck sir
You are right, my sister. Life is very unpredictable because the Good Man above decides our time on Earth. Just trying to make a point that earlier marriage has it's own advantages too.

2 Likes

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by opelyem(m): 3:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
blackprowler:

Of course, I didn't expect you to get it. Oh God, I UNDERSTAND Nigeria but they don't believe me. To you, marry, born, have grandkids as the philosophy of life is like moving from pry 1, pry 6, Jss, sss, university etc. So the one in SS3 is senior to one in primary 6 and the latter has to automatically aspire to be in that SS3 and so on and so forth. Now, this is despite my explanation to you. Let me break it to you again, THERE IS NO LAW THAT YOU MUST MARRY AT ALL EVEN AT 100 OR TO HAVE KIDS. Oprah get moni; she never marry one day, no kids and she's over 60 and a dollar billionaire. You know, I've said repeatedly that until we re-examine our understanding of what we value and what matters in life, we will continue to be in the problems we're in. Go and read. Leave what mama, papa, uncle, friend, nairaland and Nollywood says and think with your own brain and look at other peoples of the world and how they live and if you try hard enough, you might just get wiser. Nigeria was bastardised in the last one generation and it affected the youth. Instead of that to reflect on their outlook on life, they're still trying to copy their parent's generation where life was much easier and straightforward and indeed the abuse of over-reproduction then is why we're suffering today as no one is farming again and an ever increasing population is reliant on "oyel moni". Look: many things dey and it's so tragic that instead of grappling with serious issues, Nigerian youths are just preoccupied with music, Nollywood and reality TV glitz. I no fit shout. I only regret I'm trapped in Nigeria

I must confess, I admire your philosophy. But I have a reservation. When one is approaching old age, how will such fellow be living his/her life? I mean no child, no spouse, no in-laws. Who is d person living for? I also want to believe sir that you are not eunuch. So how do one satisfy sexual desire in an honourable way in such condition. I am sincerely asking out of curiosity.

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Femsyn(m): 8:17am On Dec 18, 2016
Like someone opined earlier on. Life isn't 1+1. When i left secondary school, i couldn't gain admission until 4years after. During this period, a couple of my friends had gained admission, infact, as at the time i was gaining admission, some were already rounding off their programmes. Fast forward to 13years later, i can say i have a better job with two master degrees and married. However, for these other guys, some graduated with 3rd class degree, some are still in school for their first degrees(MBBS) as we speak. Some had to dump their first degree to start afresh, some were laid off to start again.

So, my point is, am i better off? are they better off? it doesn't matter. What gives me fulfillment is different from the next person. I would rather give birth to a "Zuriel Oduwole" in my forties, than have a drunk with no future ambition as a son in my early twenties.

For those claiming children as an accomplishment of early marriage; Have you thought you could actually get married early and not be blessed with the fruit of the womb until much later? Even if the children come early and s/he is neither useful to you nor the community? What if (God forbid) s/he dies unexpectedly?

What is important is, when God says its time, do not be found wanting... Early marriage, late marriage is a function of what works for your destiny and God's plan for you.

2 Likes

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by obiaguna(m): 1:13am On Dec 19, 2016
Catalin:
Early marriage is advantageous to women.
#Team2017.

Why do you want to get married?
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by blackprowler: 10:25am On Dec 19, 2016
opelyem:

I must confess, I admire your philosophy. But I have a reservation. When one is approaching old age, how will such fellow be living his/her life? I mean no child, no spouse, no in-laws. Who is d person living for? I also want to believe sir that you are not eunuch. So how do one satisfy sexual desire in an honourable way in such condition. I am sincerely asking out of curiosity.

I did not say it's a crime to marry, or even say we shouldn't marry. I am not married because I couldn't find the partner and wherewithal to be so involved. My problem with Nigeria remains the insistence on everyone being the same - no diversity. The person who doesn't have a wife/husband or children of her/his own will live just like those who do; just like someone who had a spouse who has died. My mother had a husband and children, but now in old age, husband is dead and children are grown up and out. She lives alone like those who didn't have. People who didn't marry their whole lives are rare and hence it is most likely they have siblings themselves, nieces, nephews, inlaws - they're all family. Who are they living for? Who is anybody living for? You're just following the normal reasoning here which is not based on anything but repeated inanity over time. Sexx? Sexx is what happens when you penetrate or are penetrated. I've done it quite a couple of times but I've never been married. If you follow what some people from man's ignorant past dictate to you as to how to live your life, not my fault. It's good to marry, but not nearly as the Nigerian society dictates it and harangue you into it and run away when you end up in problem as a result. Childbirth is worse: 2 children per family or anything more, you're a problem to the country (I don't mean it that strongly, lol). Some may have 3 or 4 but those barren or having none, or one shouldn't be demonised as this society does. IT IS NIGERIANS AND THEIR VALUES THAT ARE DESTROYING NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by opelyem(m): 1:43pm On Dec 19, 2016
blackprowler:

I did not say it's a crime to marry, or even say we shouldn't marry. I am not married because I couldn't find the partner and wherewithal to be so involved. My problem with Nigeria remains the insistence on everyone being the same - no diversity. The person who doesn't have a wife/husband or children of her/his own will live just like those who do; just like someone who had a spouse who has died. My mother had a husband and children, but now in old age, husband is dead and children are grown up and out. She lives alone like those who didn't have. People who didn't marry their whole lives are rare and hence it is most likely they have siblings themselves, nieces, nephews, inlaws - they're all family. Who are they living for? Who is anybody living for? You're just following the normal reasoning here which is not based on anything but repeated inanity over time. Sexx? Sexx is what happens when you penetrate or are penetrated. I've done it quite a couple of times but I've never been married. If you follow what some people from man's ignorant past dictate to you as to how to live your life, not my fault. It's good to marry, but not nearly as the Nigerian society dictates it and harangue you into it and run away when you end up in problem as a result. Childbirth is worse: 2 children per family or anything more, you're a problem to the country (I don't mean it that strongly, lol). Some may have 3 or 4 but those barren or having none, or one shouldn't be demonised as this society does. IT IS NIGERIANS AND THEIR VALUES THAT ARE DESTROYING NIGERIA!

Hmmn… This is insightful.
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by cerowo(f): 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2016
Its most likely said dat most young couples tends does nt stay longer in marriage unlike older couples...
U might ask y
Most Young couples re nt mature enough in taking decisions and this sometmys leads 2 divorce...i have witness some ov it
and am sorry if wat am about 2 say hurt
it is common with d 'igalas'
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by lovediehatelive(m): 7:34am On Feb 15, 2017
kentochi:
ok but it come with its cost
am an eye wiriness
my wife was just 20 yrs when we got married
and i was also in my mid 20s
please what are some challenges you faced or are facing from your early marriage....

I want to learn
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by kentochi(m): 9:00pm On Feb 15, 2017
lovediehatelive:
please what are some challenges you faced or are facing from your early marriage....

I want to learn

Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by lovediehatelive(m): 12:49am On Feb 17, 2017
[quote author=kentochi post=53748050][/quote] thanks, i think I have all these attributes...
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Theophinio(m): 10:19am On Mar 01, 2017
Femsyn:
Like someone opined earlier on. Life isn't 1+1. When i left secondary school, i couldn't gain admission until 4years after. During this period, a couple of my friends had gained admission, infact, as at the time i was gaining admission, some were already rounding off their programmes. Fast forward to 13years later, i can say i have a better job with two master degrees and married. However, for these other guys, some graduated with 3rd class degree, some are still in school for their first degrees(MBBS) as we speak. Some had to dump their first degree to start afresh, some were laid off to start again.

So, my point is, am i better off? are they better off? it doesn't matter. What gives me fulfillment is different from the next person. I would rather give birth to a "Zuriel Oduwole" in my forties, than have a drunk with no future ambition as a son in my early twenties.

For those claiming children as an accomplishment of early marriage; Have you thought you could actually get married early and not be blessed with the fruit of the womb until much later? Even if the children come early and s/he is neither useful to you nor the community? What if (God forbid) s/he dies unexpectedly?

What is important is, when God says its time, do not be found wanting... Early marriage, late marriage is a function of what works for your destiny and God's plan for you.

Thumb up Sir
Destiny and the purpose of God for your life decides
Although i prefer Early Marriage
Re: Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read by Theophinio(m): 10:38am On Mar 01, 2017
MsFaith:
True! Finding the right partner is the problem, else I should be married already.
I truly understand you Miss Faith
Just put it in prayer and believe
All is well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

13 Pictures That Accurately Describe Morning Devotions In Nigerian Homes / Woman Rejects Christmas Car Gift From Her 200 Level Undergraduate Son (photos) / Photo Of Beautiful Family Of 8 Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.