Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

How To Survive This Mind Blowing Recession - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Survive This Mind Blowing Recession (569 Views)

Mind-Blowing Makeup Transformation Of Lady With Black Spots / 12 Mind Blowing Latest Ankara Dresses & Aso Ebi Colour Combination / Tips! Tips!! Tips!!!! How To Earn Extra Income In This Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Survive This Mind Blowing Recession by Nikkiandtees: 6:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
It’s truly a difficult time for us here in Nigeria. Recession keeps blowing financial travails here and there. Common Gala that always had a way of holding us together before we look for food to eat is now 70 Naira. What can man do now that everything looks like hardship in a new era?

As Nigerians, we know that one of our biggest strengths is that we always find a way to rise above anything, find humour in every situation and find a way to make it all work.

To cope with the recession and the high prices of commodities and services, I drew up some less expensive and alternative way of life everyone can abide by.

Use Public Transportation

PIC. 7. SOME OF THE LAGOS BUS RAPID TRANSPORT BUSES OPERATED BY PRIMERO TRANSPORT SERVICES LIMITED, ALLEGEDLY VANDALISED BY HOODLUMS, IN LAGOS ON WEDNESDAY (29/6/16). 4702/29/06/2016/IYI/BJO/NAN

In Nigeria, I don’t know why people believe that public transportation are for people going through hardship. It really doesn’t matter who you are or how big you are, public transport is key in this community, especially if you are trying to save cost. If you do not have a car then it’s advisable to stop with the Uber, cabs and more. Only if you earn like 800k – 1 million a month, then you can enjoy the beautiful services Ubers and Taxis render.

Shop From Trift Stores

trift-market

I believe one or two hundred of us reading this post have probably bought the most amazing items from thrift stores around. Fancy blouses, trendy jeans, gorgeous shoes and bags are some of the few things I’ve cupped from them, and maybe because we started receiving higher pays at our work places, we decided to change levels and start shopping from Deborah’s Grace and the likes of them. But trust me, there are some amazing things that one can find at a thrift store that cannot be found at a high end boutique. So now that recession has kicked in, it’s only wise that we go back to our first love and leave high end boutiques for special occasions.

Mama Put Saves Lives

mama-put

Before the likes of Mr Biggs, Crunches and Tantalizers there was Mama Put. A place were you see the rich and middles class people struggling for food like their lives depended on it or maybe because Mama Ija must have probably washed ynash inside ( I’ve heard so many stories of this happening.) Fast foods suck up all our money, bills sum up to 1500 Naira just because you bought jollof rice, chicken and coke. Meanwhile Ola Iya will give you that same food, even more delicious for as low as N500. So my sister which one will you go for as we all have found ourselves in this predicament? Ola Iya of cause!

DIY Dey Go

how-to-weave-hair

DIY simply means DO IT YOURSELF. If your car breaks down DIY, If you always go to the salon to relax and blow-dry your hair, Nne DIY. I will advice everyone to do it yourself because as it is, even your most trusted mechanic, cab man, hair stylist and more will definitely add recession money to your bill at the end of the day. Everybody is looking for means to make money in this hardship.

Gofundme Please

gofundme

At the end of the day if nothing is working for you, just kuku open a gofundme page where friends and family will help your live through this madness. If that doesn’t work, then I advice you to switch nationality.

That comes to the end of my recession starter pack. If you indulge in these things I have just listed, then you will live through anything life throws at you. In conclusion, if you have more fun things to add to this article, please state as we all cannot be mute about it.

Love Nikki.

http://www.stylevitae.com/survive-mind-blowing-recession/

Re: How To Survive This Mind Blowing Recession by fredlasisi(m): 12:17am On Dec 02, 2016
Great write up.........i dont ever do things that are usually above the normal

(1) (Reply)

Skin And Beauty Agent (baby You Really Need To Take Care Of Your Skin) / Ladies,regain That Charming Physique That Caught Him At First Sight! / Beauty Queen Sera Banks, Miss Health Africa Acquires Range Rover (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.