Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official (23456 Views)

Godwin Ezeemo Arrests His Nkwoka Stanley Atinga For Decamping To APGA / Biafra: IPOB Members Now Decamping To Other Separatist Groups – FMN / Biafra: IPOB Members Decamping To Other Separatist Groups - FMN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by deantimes(m): 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
THE leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has attributed the recent defections of politicians from the south-east to the ruling party to the commitment shown by President Muhammadu Buhari to execute vital projects in the zone.

The National Vice Chairman (South East) of the APC, Emma Enuekwu, stated this while speaking to journalists at the party secretariat in Abuja after a meeting of south-east stakeholders.

The meeting was to plan for fresh membership registration in the zone.
Mr. Enuekwu said Igbos are beginning to have confidence in the new administration and are wiser after the 16-year rule of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP.

“The problem with the south easterners before the election was that they felt that PDP was the proper party for the Igbo man which they came to realize lately was not true because they were disappointed. PDP was in power for 16 years and the Enugu-Onitsha road was not done, the Enugu-Port Harcourt road was not done, the second Niger Bridge was not done,” the APC chieftain said.

“When they realized this, they are now seeing that Buhari who has been in power for a little over one year has paid contractors and started doing something about the Enugu-Onitsha road, the Enugu-Port Harcourt road and has started doing something on the second Niger Bridge within one year.”

“Because of the high level of integrity displayed by President Buhari, many people are anxious to join the party. Therefore, a lot of people that have moved from other parties and entered APC have not had the opportunity of being registered and therefore the leadership felt it necessary that these people be registered so that they can be part of the party ahead of the next general election.”

The official said the party will adopt manual registration which will also capture the biometrics of every member.

Some top Igbo politicians who recently decamped to the APC include Jim Nwobodo and Orji Kalu former governors of Anambra and Abia state respectively.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/12/why-igbos-are-now-decamping-to-apc-official/

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by meezynetwork(m): 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
OK. Good for them

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by CoolFreeday(m): 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2016
Good development. I hope they'll demand and attract more development to the zone and not going to APC for their pocket alone!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by Johnnyessence(m): 11:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
Good one from the igbos faithfuls. At least if they av vote for chris ngige he will av been senate president by now. The earlier the better.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by hisgrace090: 11:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
God have a purpose on choosing Buhari this I'm really shore of.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by Unimaginable123: 11:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
Op, for your dream. APC wount win a single councillorship seat in igboland in 2019. Tell your brother I said so.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by Paperwhite(m): 11:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
Taah! Puchie onu gi there. angry.Which development is this fool talking about? These're the people that make this man to continue to take them for moronic cows. Buhari & his government is a curse & catastrophie that no reasonable Nigerian should have anything to do with.Thunder fire all these ass-lickers.Ndi oshi them.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by csamii: 11:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
hisgrace090:

I'm "shore" too.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by Omonigeriarere: 12:06am On Dec 02, 2016
Maybe this comment wont be important for the majority of people here. Some of you will ignore it, most of yall wont bother to read and it'll go unnoticed along with other comments maybe I'll be criticized for this but i just want to let yall know I'm selling potatoes

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by kutchs: 12:24am On Dec 02, 2016
Jim Nwobodo and Orji Uzor Kali? Who they hell are they?
The same Kali that was thrashed by Mao Ohuabunwa?
The same Nwobodo that cant't even win vote in his ward? Nwobodo is as useless as my late skido in Enugu State.

Let those men contest election now and let's see how far they go.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by topsyking: 12:34am On Dec 02, 2016
igbo's are AGIP.. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:41am On Dec 02, 2016
Dream on
grin grin grin grin grin grin

which Igbo want APC? grin grin grin FVCCK y'all, we hate apc with passion

you are targeting our votes because we will merge with some top regions and kick the illiteracy bastradd like Buhari out of office

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by MadamExcellency: 12:52am On Dec 02, 2016
Johnnyessence:
Good one from the igbos faithfuls. At least if they av vote for chris ngige he will av been senate president by now. The earlier the better.

Please, enough of these propaganda and blackmail.

If I may ask, why wasn't one the two APC HOR members from Imo State given the Speakership of the House of Representatives?

APC is burying people alive through hunger and starvation as at the moment and you're here talking rubbish while believing the nonsense the APC tout spewed in the article.

APC is anathema to South-Easterners.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by Eastactivist: 1:00am On Dec 02, 2016
I thought they said Igbos are emotional beings...
I guess they didn't see this coming... Lol

Without Igbos inclusiveness Buhari's administration is on auto pilot. grin

More development more support.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by Segadem(m): 2:15am On Dec 02, 2016
Unimaginable123:
Op, for your dream. APC wount win a single councillorship seat in igboland in 2019. Tell your brother I said so.
Mr. Man, u got only one vote grin

10 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by Segadem(m): 2:17am On Dec 02, 2016
csamii:

I'm "shore" too.
I'm "shore" three cheesy grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by Atiku2019: 3:22am On Dec 02, 2016
Unimaginable123:

APC has a senator in Imo I think.... There's a difference between local and federal poitics tho cool

7 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by Emassive(m): 3:23am On Dec 02, 2016
Only those the EFCC goes after... Orji & Jim... I will believe when Peter Obi defects.

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by rose54321: 3:27am On Dec 02, 2016
The question, or area of interest should be: why is APC suddenly accepting Igbos?

Why the sudden love for and interest in the South East....

2019 loading...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by Chiedu4Trump: 3:58am On Dec 02, 2016

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by dikerebel(m): 4:53am On Dec 02, 2016
Segadem:
i am 'shore' three
Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by dikerebel(m): 4:53am On Dec 02, 2016
Segadem:
i am 'shore' four

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by escapefromusa(f): 5:01am On Dec 02, 2016
kutchs:
Jim Nwobodo and Orji Uzor Kali? Who they hell are they?

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 02, 2016
Platinos kenan

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by SuperS1Panther: 6:23am On Dec 02, 2016
So the Jews of Africa have started migrating to APC, the so called Islamic Party, Party of Awolowo people that made them to lose civil war, party of northerners that want to islamise them.

Funny people.

10 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by chiefobdk(m): 7:21am On Dec 02, 2016
hisgrace090:

me self I'm shore.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official by Johnnyessence(m): 7:47am On Dec 02, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Please, enough of these propaganda and blackmail.

If I may ask, why wasn't one the two APC HOR members from Imo State given the Speakership of the House of Representatives?

APC is burying people alive through hunger and starvation as at the moment and you're here talking rubbish while believing the nonsense the APC tout spewed in the article.

APC is anathema to South-Easterners.
u are still wailing baa hmmm continue ur work. U will always complain of hunger why people will still vote for. Apc again. U better change ur mindset.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want Buhari To Belong To Nobody – Tinubu / “Ezekwesili, Others Deserve To Be Sent To Nuremberg” - FFK / Huge Construction Projects In Abuja - Pics And Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.