Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! (6011 Views)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 79th Birthday / William Kumuyi Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today / Did You Know: The History Of Christianity Can Be Traced To Only Roman Catholic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by EyeHateGod: 10:06am On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
4evaGod , felixomor brothers please abandon this thread so it would die naturally . Post engagements result to more views . We can't let irrationality to be seen by many .
Most people don't even read the main by the op they look at the topic and then comments in which you Christians have failed woe fully that only is enough to turn viewers thinking faculty

When Atheist open threads it's not because of you guys it's because of people that would view the thread and then be convinced if the point is OK by them it might not be OK by you but yet again the thread is not for you guys... I hope you understand that?
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:

People don't need to be Born again they need to Grow up it's no wonder you act like a spoilt child or maybe parent weren't just there to train you.. Kicked bucket?

Honourably kicked bucket and lavishly buried by yours truly grin grin I can see how well raised you are. Yet you hide from opening up to mummy and daddy at home especially since you still eat from mamas kitchen.

How was sunday service and i know you will hold mummys hand this sunday as you go to church this sunday as well.

Its a good thing you still go to church anyway and that is a clear proof that even your eyehateGod moniker is a deception as you do not really hate God but you want readers to think you do. You are just a wimpy rebellious kid who probably isnt allowed to speak much at home so you see Nairaland as the avenue to unwind.
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 02, 2016
On a closer critical study i see a lot of Hopefullandlord in the OP. Hardmirror wouldnt dare show his face so soon in whatever guise.

Hopeful stop being a sissy!
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by EyeHateGod: 10:11am On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:

Honourably kicked bucked and lavishly buried by yours truly grin grin I can see how well raised you are. Yet you hide from opening up from mummy and daddy at home especially since you still eat from mamas kitchen.

Common i love my parent and they love me also i wouldn't want to kill them like you did yours..

How was sunday service and i know you will hold mummys hand this sunday as you go to church this sunday as well.

I don't go to the same church as my parent i don't know how many times I'll tell you this..

Its a good thing you still go to church anyway and that is a clear proof that even your eyehateGod moniker is a deception as you do not really hate God but you want readers to think you do. You are just a wimpy rebellious kid who probably isnt allowed to speak much at home so you see Nairaland as the avenue to unwind.
I have a Reason for my moniker which i have explained countless times on NL...

I don't go to church that often the last time i went was last 3years for New years Eve..

Of course am a kid and am proud of it... If you think your ad hominem is working sorry it's not...
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Common i love my parent and they love me also i wouldn't want to kill them like you did yours..

I don't go to the same church as my parent i don't know how many times I'll tell you this..

I have a Reason for my moniker which i have explained countless times on NL...

I don't go to church that often the last time i went was last 3years for New years Eve..

Of course am a kid and am proud of it... If you think your ad hominem is working sorry it's not...

So now you agree you are a kid. I thought you denied it.

You live with mommy and daddy as only people who still do speak the way you do. There are silent pointers to that fact. You went to church last sunday and you said it yourself on another thread remember? Una lies can cause tsunami
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by EyeHateGod: 10:18am On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:

When did i deny being a kid? In fact i wish I'll remain a kid forever that vampire style at least i wouldn't be an old fool but a young fool...

You live with mommy and daddy as only people who still do speak the way you do. There are silent pointers to that fact. You went to church last sunday and you said it yourself on another thread remember? Una lies can cause tsunami
I didn't say i went to church last Sunday if i did you can point it out the event i was discussing with the op of that thread happened years ago..

I already told you i don't live with my parent though i wish i did.. I love my parent so much i wouldn't want to do anything to hurt them which is something i guess you cant relate with..
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:18am On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:

Bro , please leave them . They are pained because of this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3493419/researches-reveal-atheism-devastating-effects

Ignoring their reprisal attack will exacerbate the anger . They need our engagements , don't give it to them . We've gotten what we wanted , let's ball out in style cool . Let it pain them well .
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:

When did i deny being a kid? In fact i wish I'll remain a kid forever that vampire style at least i wouldn't be an old fool but a young fool...

I didn't say i went to church last Sunday if i did you can point it out the event i was discussing with the op of that thread happened years ago..

I already told you i don't live with my parent though i wish i did.. I love my parent so much i wouldn't want to do anything to hurt them which is something i guess you cant relate with..

Mamas little wimp yet you form boss on NL. So you feel telling your parents you are an atheist would hurt them? If yes why then do you deceive others into doing what you cannot do?
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Bro , please leave them . They are pained because of it this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3493419/researches-reveal-atheism-devastating-effects

Ignoring their reprisal attack will exacerbate the anger . They need our engagements , don't give it to them . We've gotten what we wanted , let's ball out in style cool . Let it pain them well .

Done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by EyeHateGod: 10:27am On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:

Mamas little wimp yet you form boss on NL So you feel telling your parents you are an atheist would hurt them? If yes why then do you deceive others into doing what you cannot do?
@bolded yeah i think it would giving the fact that my mum is so religious though she suspects am not into religion again this she tell me all the time well that's mother's love for you and i love my mum to it's better she notice through my action and not through my words..

Why then do i deceive others? Please can you point out to me where i have done something like that? Am waiting o, Not everyone is like you remember?
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:

@bolded yeah i think it would giving the fact that my mum is so religious though she suspects am not into religion again this she tell me all the time well that's mother's love for you and i love my mum to it's better she notice through my action and not through my words..

Why then do i deceive others? Please can you point out to me where i have done something like that? Am waiting o, Not everyone is like you remember?

Job done!
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by EyeHateGod: 10:31am On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:

Job done!
What job have you done exactly if not taking kingebukasblog advice undecided i thought you think independently?

And besides am still waiting for you to point out where i made tthat statement.. .not every one is a liar like you u know?
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by MrMontella(m): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2016
Richirich713:
I recommend this thread for you :
https://www.nairaland.com/3449468/4-reasons-why-atheists-create
the author of that thread has an alternate account
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by MrMontella(m): 11:20am On Dec 02, 2016
promisechuks:

very good recommendation!

alternate moniker!!

just to create a false sense of atheistic growth on NL. LIES AND DECEPTIONS!
says the hypocrite who has a lot of alternates!
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by MrMontella(m): 11:20am On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:
The Quran is just stories of the bible but the writers were high on ass juice and camel piss tiger Mohammed certified okay to drink
For example
Adam was 90, feet tall
The golden calf that Aaron built for worship when Moses went to mount sinai mooed
Allah turned Sabbath breaking Jews into apes
The sun sets in a puddle
Mohammed split the moon in half(also in the hadith too)
How no other civilization recorded such an event I don't know for Islam
And the threat of hell was basically on every surah with things like
-jinns would pout boiling water on your mouth
You would secrete your puss
And other bullshit
The Abrahamic religions though grin
asin ehn!
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by MrMontella(m): 11:22am On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
4evaGod , felixomor brothers please abandon this thread so it would die naturally . Post engagements result to more views . We can't let irrationality be seen by many .
translation:retreat retreat! We cant tackle the op!
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by felixomor: 11:23am On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

translation:retreat retreat! We cant tackle the op!

So you were taught in school to translate english to english?

Just asking cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by MrMontella(m): 11:40am On Dec 02, 2016
felixomor:

So you were taught in school to translate english to english?
Just asking cool
nooo...i was taught on a highway..
Your school must be wonderful grin grin
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by Richirich713: 11:41am On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

Where's the evidence raphieMontella?
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by felixomor: 11:42am On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

nooo...i was taught on a highway..

Your school must be wonderful grin grin

Smh.
He couldnt even pick it. angry
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by EyeHateGod: 11:42am On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

It's amazing how they accuse people of what they are also guilty for.. Christians have no shame..
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by MrMontella(m): 11:47am On Dec 02, 2016
Richirich713:

Where's the evidence raphieMontella?

do not quote the account when you quote the text...so i may delete it..
Done
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by MrMontella(m): 11:49am On Dec 02, 2016
felixomor:

Smh. He couldnt even pick it. angry
so you mean..in your life... You've not heard the statement ''translate to simple english please'' ??

Really?
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by felixomor: 11:52am On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

so you mean..in your life...
You've not heard the statement ''translate to simple english please'' ??

Really?

"Translate" or "explain"

Mscheww.
Your own is the stubborn type o.
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by MrMontella(m): 11:54am On Dec 02, 2016
felixomor:

"Translate" or "explain"
Mscheww. Your own is the stubborn type o.
Goodluck with that! grin grin i believe you know i am correct!
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by hopefulLandlord: 11:56am On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:
On a closer critical study i see a lot of Hopefullandlord in the OP. Hardmirror wouldnt dare show his face so soon in whatever guise.

Hopeful stop being a sissy!

the obsession is real cool
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by EyeHateGod: 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

He doesn't know when to stop
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 02, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

DelusionKiller how far na wink wink
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by hopefulLandlord: 12:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:
He doesn't know when to stop
someone is also calling you HopefulLandlord grin
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by EyeHateGod: 12:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

someone is also calling you HopefulLandlord grin
They first of all called me hardmirror
Re: William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!! by promisechuks: 12:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
DelusionKiller:
There’s a lot of killing in the Bible—the honest and wholesome kind. The God-commanded kind.
What are we to make of this violence? Apologist William Lane Craig takes a stab at justifying The Slaughter of the Canaanites.”

Craig’s entire project is bizarre—trying to support the sagging claims of God’s goodness despite that deity’s passion for genocide—but he gamely has a go. Craig responds to the question, “But wasn’t it wrong to kill all the innocent children?”

If we believe, as I do, that God’s grace is extended to those who die in infancy or as small children, the death of these children was actually their salvation. We are so wedded to an earthly, naturalistic perspective that we forget that those who die are happy to quit this earth for heaven’s incomparable joy. Therefore, God does these children no wrong in taking their lives.

What’s this supposed to mean?? Does it mean that Andrea Yates was actually right that she was saving her five children from the possibility of going to hell by drowning them one by one in the bathtub? Does it mean that abortion is actually a good thing because those souls “are happy to quit this earth for heaven’s incomparable joy”? I hope none of Craig’s readers have followed up with this route to salvation.
It’s hard to believe that he’s actually justifying the killing of children, but there’s more. Let’s fillet Craig’s next paragraph:

So whom does God wrong in commanding the destruction of the Canaanites? Not the Canaanite adults, for they were corrupt and deserving of judgment.

I thought that genocide was wrong. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Not the children, for they inherit eternal life

Yeah, right. Killing children is actually a good thing. (Are we living Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four, where “War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength”?)

So who is wronged?

Wait for it!

Ironically, I think the most difficult part of this whole debate is the apparent wrong done to the Israeli soldiers themselves. Can you imagine what it would be like to have to break into some house and kill a terrified woman and her children? The brutalizing effect on these Israeli soldiers is disturbing.

Uh, yeah. That was the big concern in my mind, too.
Can you believe this guy? My guess is that he is a decent and responsible person, is a good husband and father, works hard, and pays his taxes. But he’s writing this? It’s like discovering that your next-door neighbor is a member of the Ku Klux Klan.
This brings up the Christopher Hitchens Challenge (video). Hitchens challenges anyone to state a moral action taken or a moral sentiment uttered by a believer that couldn’t be taken or uttered by an unbeliever—something that a believer could do but an atheist couldn’t. In the many public appearances in which Hitchens has made this challenge, he has never heard a valid reply.
But think of the reverse: something terrible that only a believer would do or say. Now, there are lots of possibilities. Obviously, anything containing variations on “because God says” or “because the Bible says” could be an example.

---“The Bible says, ‘Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.’”

---“Despite the potential benefits to public health, we should avoid embryonic stem cell research because it’s against the Bible.”

---“God hates gays.”

Or, as in this case, “God supports genocide.”

This reminds me what physicist Steven Weinberg said: “Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you’d have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.

In other words: Christianity can rot your brain.

[size=4pt]source[/size]

the op is just DUMB kid, released from his cage of rage against God.

imagine the moniker. delusionkiller.

you are deluded and yet claiming to be a delusion killer.

maybe you want to be the next hardmirror.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? / Lilith: Adam's First Wife. / Jesus Not Entirely Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.