Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,622 members, 7,801,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Nigeria Was Sinking When Buhari Took Power -soyinka - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigeria Was Sinking When Buhari Took Power -soyinka (17289 Views)

Wole Soyinka And Chimamanda Adichie At The Felabration 2019, Pictured Together / Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Was Sinking When Buhari Took Power -soyinka by cooltola(m): 10:26am On Dec 02, 2016
Oil price per barrel was $100 when GEJ was president. Now it is barely $50. When oil price is low, our economy suffers. More supply less demand, Less money more problems. Government cannot help, stop relying on oil as a main income only.Buhari is making matter worse though.
Re: Nigeria Was Sinking When Buhari Took Power -soyinka by mediaspy: 10:27am On Dec 02, 2016
Atiku2019:

#Atiku2019

God forbid Atiku wins, in 2010 when u start complaining again, I will come and remind u, how u stupidly voted him into power. Nigerians will never learn.
Re: Nigeria Was Sinking When Buhari Took Power -soyinka by bashydemy(m): 10:41am On Dec 02, 2016
Atiku2019:
We All Know it was sinking, but right now we are drowning so fast like a piece of rock thrown into a River .

#Atiku2019

drown and you are still typing? You still have money to buy data to come and yarn thrash here? hahahha
Re: Nigeria Was Sinking When Buhari Took Power -soyinka by TruthNigeria(m): 11:20am On Dec 02, 2016
jomoh:

Thanks bro.

I just had to comment. it's been a while I commented on anything that had to do with this administration all because most of the comments I see are either filled with opinions that displayed shallow mindedness, pure ignorance or hypocrisy.

Most people just either did not know what they signed up for thinking PMB will turn Nigeria into Dubai in a year just because he made some promise without taking into consideration the deep underlying issues or they are ignorant or displaying their hypocrisy while some are just being plain stuqid.

An example of the stupid ones is a close friend of mine. Once we were travelling to Lagos from Ibadan in his vehicle along the way we picked up a police man for a free ride. They started saying all sorts about the economy and administration I tried to make them understand but I later found out I couldn't and decided to keep quiet while the continue all sorts till we got to lagos. This my friend was a graduate of accounting and a former staff of GTB (headquaters) thinking the same way with a policeman who most probably at the best was a primary school holder. Obviously I can't call that ignorance, neither is it hypocrisy but plain stupidity.

Eventually when we got to Lagos at his elder brother's place, his elder brother (a graduate of architecture who 92nd his own company) and his brother's wife (a fresh graduate of chemistry) both commented and he was made to look like a fool.

He said why didn't I say anything in the vehicle, I said I saw their conversation as a chatter of illiterate market women. Everyonelse bursted into laughter except him because he realised it was the truth.

Bro, Nairaland is a site I love checking on every minute but so surprising with many comments in politics section which proves many are myopic patients. PDP administration left the country in a big mess, kills the future of the youths. Thank God for Buhari. I will rather have my thumb cut than voting PDP in my country Nigeria. Have a blessed day
Re: Nigeria Was Sinking When Buhari Took Power -soyinka by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
Animal
Re: Nigeria Was Sinking When Buhari Took Power -soyinka by Elbowroom: 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
GossipHeart:

When Goodluck Jonathan was the President

$1 was 150 naira (now 470 naira)

One loaf of Bread was 100 naira (now 500 naira)

One bag of rice was 6000 naira (now 50 thousand naira)

One litre of fuel was 80 naira (now 300 naira)

One cup of garri was 30 naira (now 400 naira)

One pure water was 5 naira (now 30 naira)

One baby goat was 300 naira (now 9 thousand naira)

One old layer chicken was 500 naira (now 5,000 naira)

Goodluck Jonathan invented Boko Haram

Goodluck Jonathan killed Osama bin laden

Goodluck Jonathan killed Yar'adua

Turn to your neighbor and ask him/her, have you blamed Goodluck Jonathan today ??

Goodluck Jonathan don suffer for these zombie hands, they must blame him for everything

To receive sense, text " sense " to " 23414 "
Available in all networks

Charges : 0naira
Re: Nigeria Was Sinking When Buhari Took Power -soyinka by slimfresh(m): 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
Atiku2019:
We All Know it was sinking, but right now we are drowning so fast like a piece of rock thrown into a River .

#Atiku2019
as much as I would have lived to laud your comment the hash tag soiled it all..... These peeps are same folks. We need a fresh blood not same old selfish fools rotating power amongst themselves and are solely after their own personal angradisement. If only wish could come true The likes of obasanjo, tinumbu, babangida, atiku ,ribadu, aregbesola, amaechi And co will be nomore.
Re: Nigeria Was Sinking When Buhari Took Power -soyinka by Myself2(m): 1:33pm On Dec 02, 2016
MENELIK1:

How I wish your parents are responsible!

No my parents are not responsible for your zombie brainwashed mind.They are also not responsible for your father's pocket picking habit
Re: Nigeria Was Sinking When Buhari Took Power -soyinka by Codes151(m): 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
I lost small respect I had for this man!!! He is behaving zig-zagly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Literature Section Awards 2013 / Secret Life Of A Nigerian Teenager / Had I Know 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.