Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,962 members, 7,799,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here (3422 Views)

Project Management Training + FREE PMI Registration / Become A Risk Management Professional PMI-RMP Certification Training / How To Pass My Pmi -capm Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by basking4me: 11:03am On Nov 10, 2009
I have been through the various threads on project management and I thought it nice that we have a separate thread for those that are currently certified. The thread purpose will be for us to discuss issues on Project Management and also meet ourselves.

It will also be an avenue see how we can better synergise our Impacts on the Nigerian nation.

So if you are PMP by PMI certified, Let us meet you, know when you got your certification and Lessons Learned (LL).
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by PMP: 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2009
Nice one .
Am PMP Certified since February 2009.I hope we make good of this thread for years to come.There is so much to be discussed.
I blog at http://ritetracpm..com
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by basking4me: 11:10am On Nov 11, 2009
Hello PMP,

What was the exam taking experience like and did you do an audit.
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by PMP: 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2009
Exam went smoothly at a prometric testing centre.No audits was done.Audits are done randomly.
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by AjanleKoko: 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2009
Aren't there a bunch of PMP threads already?

Anyway I am PMP certified as well, September 2009.
Though I attended training in 2007, but have been way too busy, and not too interested in the exam.
And no, I wasn't audited.
I took the PMBOK4 based exam, but I used only PMBOK3 material, and read the PMBOK4 guide in a real hurry.
Was supposed to take the exam in September, but I spent the whole of August on vacation!
Anyway, it turned out well, the exam was quite different from what I expected, but I thankfully passed.
Last time I wrote certification was 2000 (MCSD, MCSE, OCP and CCNA), so you can imagine, one was a bit rusty.
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by enjoy(m): 4:21pm On Nov 13, 2009
Hi AjanleKoko,
im actually a member of the institute and had a first attempt of PMP in June which happens to be the last of 3rd edition, ,, i would really like to know what the 4th edition exam is like as im already studying for it, Thanks
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by AjanleKoko: 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2009
The only thing really is the questions are new, I'd say. Some definitions have changed, like they now use a verb-noun definition for the process names. E.g. scope definition is now referred to as Define Scope.
Go on slideshare (www.slideshare.net), and there is a really cool presentation that gives you a rundown of what's changed.
I'll list some here:

1. The adoption of the verb-noun format for process names.
2. Amplification as to Enterprise Environmental Factors and Organizational Process Assets.
3. Clarifications as to the relationships between Corrective Actions, Preventative Actions, Defect Repairs, and Requested changes.
4. The elimination, addition, and consolidation of processes to tighten the logic of the process groups.
5. A division of the Project Management Plan documents from Project Documents that was unclear in the 3rd edition of the PMBOK.
6. The establishment of a distinction between the elements of a Project Charter from the Project Scope Statement.
7. The elimination of process flow diagrams that were often interpreted as activity diagrams rather than logical flows.
8. More emphasis on the logical connections between the processes (where outputs become inputs to follow-on processes).
9. An appendix that is intended to emphasize the need for soft (interpersonal) skills.

By far the best book for PMP certification is from Rita Mulcahney. Although I was only able to find a bittorrent of her sixth edition for PMBOK4 after the exam. The lady is good! If you read her book, you don't need to read anything else.
Lots and lots of planning questions. I was Moderately Proficient on that one.
Go and search on Cornelius Fitchner's blog (if I find the URL I'll post it). But you need to read the PMBOK sha.
Peace.
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by PMP: 9:56am On Nov 17, 2009
We are doing nicely.We are organizing an informal meeting offline though,for all certified PMPs and CAPMs in Abuja,Nigeria.If you are in this location contact me by email -ritetracconsulting@gmail.com or better still visit http://ritetracpm..com for more details.See you there!!
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by enjoy(m): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2009
Thanks alot Ajanlekoko , i have the PMBOK 4th edition and iv been reading, i guess il just try and get Rita, tnks again
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by sirabbey(m): 9:23am On Nov 20, 2009
Hi guys, where can i get the PMBOK 4th edition book and what is the cost like? plannig to get PMP certified too. Thanks
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by Dodofray: 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2009
Does anybody know where I could get "Program Management" Training here in Nigeria
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by Bowlue: 4:47pm On Nov 25, 2009
accomplished certified PMPs, pls i nid ur help: i'm a CompTIA certified project proffessional and i'm preparin to write the pmp exams in december. I've bin preparin wit CBT nuggets, rita's pmp prep and sybex which are all based on PMboK 3rd edition. PLs i don't mind if any of u guyz can give me materials on the PMBok4th edition, I'm at u guyz mercy o. Pls send me a mail @ targetbolu@yahoo.com.
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by bode228: 10:43am On Nov 30, 2009
Hi All, I am a PMP, got certified in 2008. Guess its going to be nice hanging out with you guys.
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by basking4me: 6:06am On Dec 01, 2009
Indeed Bode,

The Thread is meant for only certified PMPs to meet, know ourselves, synergise and also see how the project management body of knowledge can further be harnessed in projectising activities and procesess done in Nigeria.

As certified PMPs, we know that a projectised organisation will mostly get the job done and leave the functional manager to continue with the processes that cannot be implemented as projects.

I am of a strong belief that there are a lot of processes being presently done that can be implemented as projects and that will generate a successful closeout phase. It will better improve the way things are done in this side of the world.

Welcome to the thread.
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by b2n1z9: 11:05pm On Dec 08, 2009
Hi,

Saw your post and wll like to say its quite interesting, I am certified and presently in UBA, was certified on 7 August 2007,

Appreciate if we can hav a forum where we can meet and discuss on how projects,

ciao
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by bode228: 10:48am On Dec 11, 2009
Pros,
i just finished facilitating a training; when we got to discursion on project communication management a guy from one of the major foreign Telcoms was seriously lamenting of problems that have beleagued is on going project.
On through analysis we discovered that it just about wrong management of info on the project, especially as it affects the technical manager and the project manager. And more appalling is the fact that we discover that his was not an isolated case as other trainees has similar experiences.

Guys, lets share our experiences in this regards and jointly profer solutions.
Cheers!
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by b2n1z9: 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2010
Hi,

Please how can someone earn the mandatory PDU especially if you aren't working in a projectized environment, I really need your assistance on this, thnxs
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by lnk(m): 11:11am On Mar 19, 2010
certified 2009 Dec.
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by ekowengele: 11:24am On Mar 19, 2010
Am a certified PMP with PMI also and am in Lagos.
Is there a formal forum for PMP in Lagos to meet?
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by basking4me: 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2010
There is PMI Lagos Chapter for certified CAPM and PMP professionals to meet, i think there is also another one is Abuja & Porthacourt. However since every state of the federation is yet to have its own PMI chapter, you can register to join the online forum of PMNigeria at www.pmnigeria.com, it allows you to meet and fraternise with other persons interested in project management practices and also access their online training programme.

Also the website www.pmnigeria.org is currently undergoing construction to allow project managers, students and corporate bodies to access and form a formidable local project management body within Nigeria.

The site is for premium membership only and with member benefits inherent. If you are interested in this epoch making project management body and want to contribute your quota, please send in your request to info@pmnigeria.org.

Regards.
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by phraoh(m): 5:55pm On Apr 28, 2010
Hello guyz.Wat do i do to get certified,u knw lik criteria,fees etc.Pls all info can be forwarded to :hotep004@yahoo.co.uk
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by AjanleKoko: 9:24am On Feb 07, 2012
Anyone up for PgMP?
I'm taking the PgMP on this year.
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by andrewray: 6:16am On Jul 28, 2014
Hi,

Nice post.I am a PMP certification holder from [url][/url]http://www.pmstudy.com grin
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by Jennymerit: 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2016
Thank you for this discussion. I am got my PMP sometime ago in the Chicago USA area. I will share this with you. They have pages of free information too. http://preparepm.com/PMP-Certification-Chicago.html
Re: PMI Certified PMPs: Lets Meet Here by pb64331: 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Call Centre Training Certification In Abuja,lagos And Portharcourt. / Ajanlekoko- I Need You / Please How Do I Make Money Online With My Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.