Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,469 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:56 PM

Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? (22147 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / Could My Husband Be Having An Affair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by KratosII(m): 10:16am On Nov 11, 2009
WORD!!!
For those that support the idea that men should be 100% responsible for the bills, here is a problem and i need a solution. What if a wife earned more than her husband and at a moment the husband got broke. What do you think you would do as a wife? I mean a good wife? Well if you think your man has to be 100% responsible for the bills while you are busy using your money to purchase irrelevant ornaments such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings, or rings then i must be candid, that shows how inconsiderate, selfish or callous you could be as a wife.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by KratosII(m): 10:17am On Nov 11, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

I can't and I would never marry a woman who does not have a earning capacity to contribute to the home.Likewise, I will never advice any man to do so.
The ony condition U should marry a woman who does not have earning capacity is when U as a man have all the money in the world.

For those that support the idea that men should be 100% responsible for the bills, here is a problem and i need a solution. What if a wife earned more than her husband and at a moment the husband got broke. What do you think you would do as a wife? I mean a good wife? Well if you think your man has to be 100% responsible for the bills while you are busy using your money to purchase irrelevant ornaments such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings, or rings then i must be candid, that shows how inconsiderate, selfish or callous you could be as a wife.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by amebono1: 10:18am On Nov 11, 2009
na2day?:

@ poster

last time i checked, women wanted to have equal rights, well let them start practicing by paying the bills 50-50

the last time i checked i am not a feminist, i cant compete with a man or do what a man does

KratosII:

WORD!!!

the husband should get his ass up and go look for a job, stop relying on a woman to feed you, a woman knows her responsibilities without being told, just dont sit down there and expect her to spend on you

1 Like

Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by KratosII(m): 10:21am On Nov 11, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

I can't and I would never marry a woman who does not have a earning capacity to contribute to the home.Likewise, I will never advice any man to do so.
The ony condition U should marry a woman who does not have earning capacity is when U as a man have all the money in the world.

WORD!!!
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by IkaBoy1(m): 10:22am On Nov 11, 2009
LOREBOBO U av just said the plain truth
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by nethacker(m): 10:25am On Nov 11, 2009
!amebo no1:

the last time i checked i am not a feminist, i cant compete with a man or do what a man does

the husband should get his ass up and go look for a job, stop relying on a woman to feed you, a woman knows her responsibilities without being told, just dont sit down there and expect her to spend on you
will u shut up there once again!!!!!!!!   angry angry who do u think u r  angry . ur posts have shown dat u r some1 who depend on other pples purse to earn a living.U dnt like sharing responsibility with a man but u can conveniently sit down and make requests,all on his account. U better wake up frm ur slumber and stop daydreaming  angry angry angry
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by amebono1: 10:32am On Nov 11, 2009
ud4u:

What about if the woman's income is higher than that of the man, and the man's income cannot take care of the family alone. what will happen? they will be soaking garri every day because the man is the head of the family. The children will not attend a better school because the man is the head of the family.
words like this are coming from losers, no offence, and i ask you again,is the man paralysed? cant he get something better

A man shouldnt even wait for a woman to pay the kids school fees, i know of men that are ready to starve just fr their kids to go to school

What happened to those men that do anything possible on earth to meet up to that name[b] "MAN"[/b] ; WHY DO WE HAVE SHAMELESS LAZY ASSED BONES AS MEN
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by nethacker(m): 10:36am On Nov 11, 2009
!amebo no1:

words like this are coming from losers, no offence, and i ask you again,is the man paralysed? cant he get something better

A man shouldnt even wait for a woman to pay the kids school fees, i know of men that are ready to starve just fr their kids to go to school

What happened to those men that do anything possible on earth to meet up to that name[b] "MAN"[/b] ; WHY DO WE HAVE SHAMELESS LAZY ASSED BONES AS MEN
and if later, such a man now brings home another woman(who is reasonable n ready to share responsibility) as a second wife,do u hv anything to say?I knw your type , u will be d first person to get hold of a bottle .  grin grin grin grin
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by denny4ril: 10:38am On Nov 11, 2009
d current economic trend shows that a man alone cannot take care of d finance of the family all alone. it is better to plan and be wise than 2 b fighting on monetary matters. most people do not set financial goals and waste the money (seeds) that should have been invested. when they are broke, the home becomes hot. FINANCE IS A MAJOR KEY TO KEEPING THE HOME TOGETHER
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 10:41am On Nov 11, 2009
!amebo no1:

well, u shoulda told ya fellow females that back in the 1940s
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by oamon: 10:53am On Nov 11, 2009
I think it is one of the duties of the Man. However, the Woman shouldn't see it as the sole responsibility of the man, likewise the way the man must not see other duties presume to be the woman's as her sole responsibilities. It should be a mutual thing, thats what relationship is all about, symbiosis not para Opinion lipsrsealed
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by milkan05(m): 10:58am On Nov 11, 2009
Two questions,
1) Is she a full-time housewife?
3) Does she want equality in other arears?

When she answers this then I will know what to do with her. yeyenatu,
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:11am On Nov 11, 2009
I LOVE JAPANESE STYLE

EVERYTHING THEY DO IN THE FAMILY IS 5050

EVEN IF THEY GO TO DINNER THEY SHARE THE BILL 5050

IF FRIENDS OF 20 PEOPLE HAVE DINNER TOGETHER, THEY SHARE THE BILL ON EQUAL,

NO CHEATING.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Teminio: 11:22am On Nov 11, 2009
The poster's colleague is still in a fantasy land.

In truth and for real, no man can be 100% responsible for the family bills. There is no way a woman will not contribute to the upkeep of the family except she is a 24/7 glorified housemaid (housewife) that does not deserve anyone's respect.

Regardless of the fact that the man is the head of the family and sometime the breadwinner, a woman with understanding of God's purpose for her life and right exposure will ever support the man. If nothing, to ensure quality standard of living for the family.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by ehie007(m): 11:38am On Nov 11, 2009
a woman who is not ready to contribute in the marriage is not fit to marry,

gone are those days when a man take full responsibility, now its 50/50 or 60/40,

if a woman earns far more, she should oblige in taking more of the responsibilitties, women want equality in everything, but when it comes to responsibilities they will find excuse,

if the woman i want to marry is not ready to comtribute, she is on her own,

she must show signs of ability to take responsibility during relationship, if not, OYO, shocked shocked shocked, Maga no they pay again,
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by kayality: 12:14pm On Nov 11, 2009
OYINBOGOJU:

I LOVE JAPANESE STYLE

EVERYTHING THEY DO IN THE FAMILY IS 5050

EVEN IF THEY GO TO DINNER THEY SHARE THE BILL 5050

IF FRIENDS OF 20 PEOPLE HAVE DINNER TOGETHER, THEY SHARE THE BILL ON EQUAL,

NO CHEATING.

THE STYLE NO GOOD OOOOOOOOOO PLEASE DONT TRY IT

@na2day? 50-50

please bros don't marry if u decide to be using 50-50 between u are ur wife.

@luv2talk

but she we miss use the opportunity one day! If u decide to be giving her everything she requested for, am a Muslim too but i can do that because Nigeria ladies are hmmmm
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 11, 2009
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 11, 2009
If a man wants respect from his wife, he should make sure he pays for the house, kids school fees, food and basics.

The woman can chip in but only on non-essentials. If for any reason or period of time, the man is down on his luck, then the woman can support (and will usually do so willingly if the man has been covering the basics) but for that time only!

It is woman nature - once she starts shouldering basic financial responsibilities in her home, that admiration and respect for her husband will sub-consciously shift to someone who is more able, even if she never has anything to do with the person; she will just be comparing you to some rich guy (it could even be her Dad) and be seeing you as less of a man - even if she never shows it. Believe me, you dont want your wife 'welfaring' you. No matter how much more than you she earns you will have her utmost respect if you cover the basics.

Women by nature spend on their families, especially the kids so you can be sure her excess cash will still be retained by the home. But for the love of God, do not sell your birthright for a bowl of sweet porridge.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 11, 2009
I totally agree with ur female colleague, its even in the bible.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 11, 2009
Proverbs 31 (The virtuous woman) is also in the bible
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by JesusDWay(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2009
Lots of talk on 'supposed to'. How many of us really grew up in a home where the man was solely responsible for the bills. As a matter of fact, i have seen it happen most of the time, that the man loses his source of income at a point in the marriage and the woman takes up the responsibility, which outsiders may not even be privy to.

Go and ask those who are presently running a home, they will tell you what the real situation is not to even to talk of these days where it seems its the girls that are getting jobs and the guys some of the time are just managing to get by(although things will be better o).

We need to know that a woman is created for a man, to help him in whatever ramification.

God will help men o.

1 Like

Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by namun(f): 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2009
i totally agree with the lady.
if you want to be the HEAD OF THE HOUSE, ALSO YOU SHOULD BE THE HEAD OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES! WITH RIGHTS COMES RESPONSIBILITIES.
EXCEPT THE MEN ARE READY TO BE DE-CROWNED!
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by amebono1: 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2009
namun:

i totally agree with the lady.
if you want to be  the HEAD OF THE HOUSE, ALSO YOU SHOULD BE THE HEAD OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES! WITH RIGHTS COMES RESPONSIBILITIES.
EXCEPT THE MEN ARE READY TO BE DE-CROWNED!

dont mind them, see i have no problem with women helping out in the house, but some losers called men are looking forward to marrying women to help them pay off their morgage and help them financially

A woman should help her husband out, but for a man to outrightly say he expects his woman to help him out is so , now what word will i use sef
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by amebono1: 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2009
na2day?:

well, u shoulda told ya fellow females that back in the 1940s

you should stop generalising
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2009
@chaircover,
I believe PROVERBS 31 ends with ", Give her the product of her hands, And let her works praise her in the gates." - not take. In fact the entire chapter talks about her management skills, not about her 'provider' status. Her husband's pride is in the fact that his hard earned money is not going to waste but is even producing better fruit. On top of that, she makes earnings for herself by the product of her hands - DO NOT TAKE it from her - for the sake of your self respect!!

Better to let her use what you give her in such a way that she makes it go very far to the point of surprising you the husband.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by amebono1: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2009
chaircover:

Proverbs 31 (The virtuous woman) is also in the bible

if i were you i would have read that chapter before posting
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2009
I believe in 50-50 relationship. SInce 1+1=1, we have to do everything together.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2009
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Pharoh: 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2009
^^ Word Thank You.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by nethacker(m): 3:11pm On Nov 11, 2009
chaircover:

Interesting how we all interpret the bible differently

I come from a family of hardworking professional women and my husband is still the head whether I put down £1 or £1 million.

In reality a lot of woman will be waiting a hell of a long time to find a man who can afford to 100% keep them to a decent level of comfort.

Most rich men are middle aged and they themselves started from somewhere with their wives chipping in where necessary and very few bachelors earn the kind of money you are looking for him to comfortably keep you 100%. . . . . and for the few young men who can afford to offer the lifestyle you are looking for have lots of women chasing them anyway and competition is fierce.

I’d rather marry an upwardly mobile, young man of integrity with prospects than a ready made Yahoozee boy or old baba.

I love u kiss kiss
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2009
chaircover:

Interesting how we all interpret the bible differently

I come from a family of hardworking professional women and my husband is still the head whether I put down £1 or £1 million.

In reality a lot of woman will be waiting a hell of a long time to find a man who can afford to 100% keep them to a decent level of comfort.

Most rich men are middle aged and they themselves started from somewhere with their wives chipping in where necessary and very few bachelors earn the kind of money you are looking for him to comfortably keep you 100%. . . . . and for the few young men who can afford to offer the lifestyle you are looking for have lots of women chasing them anyway and competition is fierce.

I’d rather marry an upwardly mobile, young man of integrity with prospects than a ready made Yahoozee boy or old baba.

Madam Chaircover, where have u been hiding, the family section has been dried without you, next time you stay away that long, i will have to talk to the Interpol in UK oh.
You have said it all, however, the man needs to understand being the head is not just about being the finacial giver, it involves a lot as well, the man has to understand that he MUST be there for the woman when needs be and when not even needed, cos the woman needs to be loved and celebrated.
I love how you put it, the woman chips in when needed and can save when needed, so that there will always be something to fall back on when needs be.
nethacker:

I love u kiss kiss

Dont love her oh, cos i know Uncle Chaircover and i will TELL
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Quality Europe And Asia Men Clothing And Accessories From 1500 / Daughters Of Lesbians Kick Against Lesbianism / Coulpes Passwording Their Fones:wright Or Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.