Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? (22205 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / Could My Husband Be Having An Affair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by H2O2: 10:14pm On Dec 22, 2009
Aladunni:

why shouldnt they? they must

that is the more reason you should think well (singles) before you dash, if she can support fine, if she cant then men should take up their responsiblities big time o. A man do tell me before i got married five things a man should take care of in the house so he wont become a nonentity.

Shelter, feeding, children school fees, care of both inlaws and , cant remember the last one now, the moment a woman takes charge of this BIG FIVE! Men pls pack and go back to your parents house, we dont need baby-husbands grin grin grin
You sound like the ideal African woman - you understand whose role is what.  
I expect you to clean, cook, iron, wash, scrub, and spread like a woman should.  All terms and chores must be done on time and are non-negotiable.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by H2O2: 10:15pm On Dec 22, 2009
It's only fair mama-gee. My entry was very reasonable.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by H2O2: 10:17pm On Dec 22, 2009
na2day?:

grin grin grin
LOL Mr. Man I believe in a 50-50 household na.
I wanna be in the house washing dishes while my wife is out in the hot sun changing tires and topping the engine oil.

Hasn't western culture taught us anything about double standards cool
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 10:19pm On Dec 22, 2009
H2O2:

If I am going to be footing 100% of the bills, you better be ready to SUBMIT to me like a loving respectful wife, as ordered by your Lord God.

You will be tired.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Aladunni(f): 11:13pm On Dec 22, 2009
H2O2:

I expect you to clean, cook, iron, wash, scrub, and spread like a woman should. All terms and chores must be done on time and are non-negotiable.

why not na men dey always tire sha

Fhemmmy:

So u mean the man has to be the one to take care of all that . . . . inasmuch as i blv that a man has to take care of the house and family.
However, there is nothing wrong, if the woman take care of the small 2 of the big 5 and the man takes care of the other 3.
it is a union.

haba!!! more sharing millenium boys men, kai!!!
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2009
Aladunni:

haba!!! more sharing millenium boys men, kai!!!

That is fine oh.
If that is the definition of a millennium man, then, we are one.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by mamagee3(f): 1:14am On Dec 23, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Abeg close your mouth, I can smell it all the way from here angry angry angry

And don't be trying to kiss sissy angry angry angry

Jealous boy. grin grin
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by mamagee3(f): 1:16am On Dec 23, 2009
H2O2:

It's only fair mama-gee.  My entry was very reasonable.

In your dreams. . . cool
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by TOPE20001(f): 1:17am On Dec 23, 2009
topeorekoy:

i had this discussion with a female colleague of mine and i am kind of amazed by what she said and just decided to throw it to the house.

my claim is that a man is the head of the family and shld be responsible for the upkeep of the home but its the woman's responsibility too. she said a woman is just an helper to the man in raising the kids but i totally disagreed with her because both the man and the woman brought the children into the world and shld both cater for them but the man shld cater more because he is the head of the family. she said a woman will cater for the home based on her on personal decision.

i then asked her a million $ question, what will a woman do with her earned cash? she said she'll use it to buy clothes and shoes.

also asked her that in an event that am not around and the kids need some stuffs, Her repsonse- i'll pay and collect back the cash from u.

in the olden days, men r solely responsible for the upkeep of the house but the do not see the woman as just a mate rather that a partner and a soul mate.

really, whats your take on this?

Lol, The woman too must help out if she is earning money
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 4:56am On Dec 23, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Lol, The woman too must help out if she is earning money

If she is not earning money, she might have to do more in the house than she can take care of.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Sissy3(f): 9:19am On Dec 23, 2009
@ poor angry man

u berra rush dat check b4 u pay double cool
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 11:09am On Dec 23, 2009
Aladunni:

why shouldnt they? they must

that is the more reason you should think well (singles) before you dash, if she can support fine, if she cant then men should take up their responsiblities big time o. A man do tell me before i got married five things a man should take care of in the house so he wont become a nonentity.

Shelter, feeding, children school fees, care of both inlaws and , cant remember the last one now, the moment a woman takes charge of this BIG FIVE! Men pls pack and go back to your parents house, we dont need baby-husbands  grin grin grin

armed robber in female clothing! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

H2O2:

I expect you to clean, cook, iron, wash, scrub, and spread like a woman should.  All terms and chores must be done on time and are non-negotiable.

u forget to mention that our right to have many mistresses as we so choose without her complaining grin grin grin

H2O2:

LOL Mr. Man I believe in a 50-50 household na.
I wanna be in the house washing dishes while my wife is out in the hot sun changing tires and topping the engine oil.

Hasn't western culture taught us anything about double standards cool

i like ur style jare, i dey with u on that one wink wink wink
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2009
na2day?:

armed robber in female clothing! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

u forget to mention that our right to have many mistresses as we so choose without her complaining grin grin grin

i like your style jare, i dey with u on that one wink wink wink

Lol
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Aladunni(f): 10:32pm On Dec 24, 2009
na2day?:

i blame you? wetin you know? boys to men

who go tire? when STDs will develop cordial relationship with you like that of Sugar and ants (inseperable) cool
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Hairat007(f): 11:13pm On Dec 24, 2009
na2day?:

HMMMN na wa oh. d one wey dem call u, u dey d one wey dem no call u, u dey

even d one wey dem no go ever call u put u go dey ah ah! u sef u get serious

kasala wey be sey even babalawo no go fit solve oh! grin grin
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 5:56am On Dec 25, 2009
ummmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Excellent7(m): 10:02pm On Dec 25, 2009
embarassed Reading through these gave me an insight into the scenario. I think the babes with the mindset the poster indicated are not available for marriage. They want to be ''kept'' ladies. In today's challenging and peculiar environment it is difficult for any one person (man or woman) to pick all the bills, except you will prefer somebody die trying. For the colleague that said her salary is for clothes and shoes, now that she is single who pays her bills? This mindset can be the reason time pass some fellows by!
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by H2O2: 10:04pm On Dec 25, 2009
Excellent7:

embarassed Reading through these gave me an insight into the scenario. I think the babes with the mindset the poster indicated are not available for marriage. They want to be ''kept'' ladies. In today's challenging and peculiar environment it is difficult for any one person (man or woman) to pick all the bills, except you will prefer somebody die trying. For the colleague that said her salary is for clothes and shoes, now that she is single who pays her bills? This mindset can be the reason time pass some fellows by!
Igwe has spoken. I concur.
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 4:11am On Dec 26, 2009
Aladunni:

i blame you? wetin you know? boys to men

no bi thief u bi? abeg make we hear word

Aladunni:

who go tire? when STDs will develop cordial relationship with you like that of Sugar and ants (inseperable) cool

ur great grand father get STD?

Hairat007:

HMMMN na wa oh. d one wey dem call u, u dey d one wey dem no call u, u dey

even d one wey dem no go ever call u put u go dey ah ah! u sef u get serious

kasala wey be sey even babalawo no go fit solve oh! grin grin

wetin i do nah? i just dey try correct them small na embarassed embarassed
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by chiogo(f): 4:14am On Dec 26, 2009
@topic, Nah, the bills can be shared. . . .Likewise the house chores. cool
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 26, 2009
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 8:02am On Dec 27, 2009
chaircover:

The proof in the pudding is to carry out & publish a poll asking the married women how many of their husbands are currently 100% responsible for all the bills.

we already did, 85% was the outcome of the polling
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Pharoh: 8:47am On Dec 27, 2009
chiogo:

@topic, Nah, the bills can be shared. . . .Likewise the house chores. cool

What is so special about those house chores? cool
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 27, 2009
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2009
chaircover:

I didn't know that a poll has been conducted. Dare I ask when and how this poll was carried out

if u want details of the poll, see me in my chambers wink wink wink wink
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 27, 2009
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Aladunni(f): 7:02pm On Dec 27, 2009
na2day?:

no bi thief u bi? abeg make we hear word

your great grand father get STD?

who block your ear? suckling boys
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by na2day2(m): 8:18am On Dec 28, 2009
chaircover:

aaahhhhhhh ***runs away as fast as my legs can go**** embarassed

*** diligently pursues her with all his might*** grin grin grin

Aladunni:

who block your ear? suckling boys

ole oooo!
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Fhemmmy: 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2009
Lol
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by tifan12(f): 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
Everyone want money spent own way. But Nobody cannot 100% bill fill in family spent. Because every time increase family spent. he try 100% bill pay.
http://myjebin..com
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by Bluffly: 10:06pm On May 16, 2016
amebono1:
that is why i said i give what i want and not what the guy wants, some men are so pathetic, i mean you dont expect or wait for a woman to pay the bills, or put pressure on her, she will do it if she wants . for goodness sake no man should wait on a woman for financial help, the woman can help, but dont see it as a responsibility or she must do it

A man marries a woman to take care of her and not to share the bills with her
A man marries a woman to take care of her So they are no longer friends, partners...
Re: Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? by adenugakenny: 10:40pm On Nov 13, 2016
Some women are very much wealthy and earns much more than their husband.

They really need to help their Husband in sharing the Bills.

They need to assist with the Family Expenses.

Leaving the responsibility of the household to the man alone is as good as saying... women should also be left out in the society,...

They should not be allowed in Politics, Leadership and be kept in the Kitchen (Buhari's idea)...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

South African Lady Who Got Married At 17 Gives Marriage Survival Tips / Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? / Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.