Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

- Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / (2640 Views)

Am Emotionally And Physically Broken Down,i Need Serious Advice / Married A Foreigner But Deep Down I Miss Having A Nigerian Girl. / What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by talk2sulta: 11:58am On Nov 10, 2009
Re: by asha80(m): 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2009
cheesy Nna no be english man go chop.If you like her forget her english.The only thing is that try to avoid taking her to occasions that are formal undecided
Re: by Ben13: 12:07pm On Nov 10, 2009
^^^^ then, what's the need?

abeg send her to school first o, before she go say 'NO' on top of alter grin ingrish can be difficult o
Re: by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Nov 10, 2009
Help her if u really care, talk to her in private not in public, she will pick up with time.
Re: by trekkie: 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2009
if she can take some constructive criticism, teach her
Re: by Igwe9(m): 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2009
I envisage pride and naughty at the same time here, I'd advised you assist her, but she's likely gonna argue with you even when she's getting it wrong.
Re: by walakolobo: 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2009
@poster

Are you trying to insimulate that she didnt do the window shopping or what? be careful o.
Re: by jaybee3(m): 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2009
dis is some kind of joke right?
Re: by galatico(m): 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2009
It's simple send her to school . period!!!
Re: by trekkie: 12:43pm On Nov 10, 2009
walakolobo:

@poster

Are you trying to insimulate that she didnt do the window shopping or what? be careful o.
grin grin
Re: by Shola2009(m): 12:47pm On Nov 10, 2009
dis is some kind of joke right?
i doubt it.

As for moi,she's a no no! She needs to speak fluent and correct english.
Well unless,she's way too hot to pass up,then i can manage.
But only for a while.

Dump her!

Besides which "school" did she graduate fromShe's a big fat liar.
Re: by throttler(f): 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2009
insimulate ko, inSLAPulate ni embarassed
Re: by tkb417(m): 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2009
where did u meet her?

ur local palmy joint or what?
Re: by izeek(m): 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2009
u know its kinda phunny to me that u picked on her english,

u berra check urs too though!
Re: by tkb417(m): 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2009
izeek:

hehe
u spoke ma mind
100 gbosas for ya
lol
Re: by Toniahat(f): 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2009
If she wants to learn then u might be able 2 help her,if not,then theres nothing u can do.[color=][/color]
Re: by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2009
GIRLS WITH AK47

GBORI EEE
Re: by izeek(m): 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2009
ko to foka sibe!!!!
Re: by Nonnyl(m): 2:27pm On Nov 10, 2009
You rushed the relationship. Had it been you spent some time with her before taking her as you hand bag, the embarrasment wouldn't have been to that extent.
Re: by sylve11: 3:21pm On Nov 10, 2009
izeek:

bright boy! cheesy cool

Ben-10:

^^^^ then, what's the need?

you sounded as if you've been to school before, or have you? shocked cool grin cool
abeg send her to school first o, before she go say 'NO' on top of alter grin ingrish can be difficult o
Re: by iice(f): 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2009
trekkie:

if she can take some constructive criticism, teach her if  not GET OUT NOW. i know what i am talking about . if you are like me and bad grammar grates on your nerves  like someone smacking their lips and making noises while eating; or just embarrasses you, this relationship is not going to get easier to bear

I agree.
Re: by bluespice(f): 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2009
trekkie:

if she can take some constructive criticism, teach her if  not GET OUT NOW. i know what i am talking about . if you are like me and bad grammar grates on your nerves  like someone smacking their lips and making noises while eating; or just embarrasses you, this relationship is not going to get easier to bear
seconded
Re: by Godmother(f): 5:51pm On Nov 10, 2009
talk2sulta:

Met a girl recently,beautiful,cute and elegant.We became friends,good one at that.Initially,I converse with her in plain english,but she always replies with well-spoken pidgin with some taint of correct english.I was never really bothered with that cos I felt that considering her exposure as a graduate,she can at least represent when the chips are down.My colleagues were so eager to meet the new catch that I had to invite her to a birthday get-together.

The conversation.

My colleague: Oh this is the beautiful princess weve been so eager to meet.You look so wonderful,I can see the imprints of my friend all over you.

The babe: thank you,but what are you trying to Insimulate,do I look you like a church rat?

I chirped in,trying to correct the bad grammar."Hes trying to insinuate that I take good care of you,dont I?"

The babe:whether you insimulate or not,Ino be church rat,na for your pocket.

My face went red ,but we all laughed it off.Next thing twas time for toast,after the toast,we all sat down sipping our wine,she said,"this wine doesnt taste like the original" to the hearing of most of my friends seated beside me,another goof.
Minutes later,another friend walked up to her and said"your bangle looks nice" she replied,"I bought it when I went to window shopping during the weekend", I cant go fruther than this ,I just a way out of this.

ROFLMAO grin grin grin
Re: by sweetpie23: 5:51pm On Nov 10, 2009
find someone else then undecided
Re: by TheSeeker(m): 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2009
izeek:

Bros, nothing is wrong with his lexis.

But poster, in what language and how long did you talk to her before you started your relationship? I sensed that you spoke with her in vernacular hence you didn't see this before the minor disgrace.

If I were you, I'd either teach her, but I'm not even a good teacher; so I suggest you walk out if you don't have the patience to teach her. I can't stand someone with very bad disgusting grammar.
Re: by IYANGBALI: 6:06pm On Nov 10, 2009
@poster you mean your girl cannot be spoke simple english?
Re: by Hotstepper(f): 5:40am On Nov 11, 2009
all these things r things she can pick up easily once she is willing to learn,
like wen 2 use "to, for" in a sentence etc
Re: by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 11, 2009
ROTFLMAO grin grin grin grin
Re: by ayo147: 6:25am On Nov 11, 2009
@shola you advised the dude to dump her because her spoken English.
Try to read the rubbish you wrote below,it is graduated from and not the jazz u wrote below.

2009 Dump her!

That
Re: by Shola2009(m): 9:03am On Nov 11, 2009
Ayo147 what are u saying

what's wrong with the sentence

Try to read the rubbish you wrote below,it is graduated from and not the jazz u wrote below.

or am i supposed to say which school did she graduated from ??

pls explain yourself . . . .
Re: by smooooooth: 9:11am On Nov 11, 2009
i c u finally hooked up with jennifer. goodluck!!!!
Re: by pureminded: 9:26am On Nov 11, 2009
This thread is funnying me,but it dosen't tasting like originaly grin Grammar on the run cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Kiss!no Love! / What It Means When A Woman Describe A Man As "He's NICE" / Man Gets Turned On By Farting Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.