Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye (2343 Views)

Remi Tinubu: Is Lagos Ready For A Female Governor? / Bola Tinubu Is No God – Melaye / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
There was mild drama yesterday at the plenary of the Nigerian Senate as controversial Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye described his counterpart from Lagos Central, Senator Oluremi Tinubu as his “big aunty.”

In July, 2016, Tinubu and Melaye clashed during a Senate closed-door session where the Kogi Senator reportedly threatened to beat Tinubu and “rape her.”
Melaye admitted to clashing with Tinubu, but said he only hit back furiously after Tinubu called him “a thug and a dog.”
Subsequently, Tinubu petitioned the leaderships of the All Progressives Congress and the Senate over her clash with Melaye.

The petition followed an earlier letter to the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, in which she asked for “adequate security” for fear Melaye might kill her.
In Tinubu’s letters, separately delivered to the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and APC Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, she expressed worry that the Senate leadership had not taken action to address Melaye’s “threatening misconduct.”

Since the widely reported clash, there seems to be no love lost between Tinubu, Wife of the National Leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and Melaye.

But on Wednesday, Melaye apparently put the
controversial issue behind him when he described
Tinubu as her “big aunty” while seconding motion for the passage of bill sponsored by the Lagos Senator.

TheBrief reports that Tinubu had moved motion and led debate on general principles of her bill titled “A Bill for an Act to amend the Labour Act CAP L1 LFN 2004 by removing the provisions that restrict employment opportunities for Women.”
Some of the restrictions as pointed out by Tinubu
include inability of Women to work at Night, give birth within a given time, work in certain
organizations among others.

However, after her debate, Melaye raised his hand for secondment of Tinubu’s motion, but senators at the plenary apparently in the know of the sour
relationship between the two senators wondered what Kogi Senators would say.

“Mr President, distinguished colleagues, I raise second the passage of the bill sponsored by my Big aunty,” Melaye said.

The bill got unanimously endorsement of the senators as it scaled through its second reading. Responding, Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki
commended Tinubu for sponsoring the bill and
therefore referred it to the Senate Committee on
Labour for further legislative actions.

Source: https://www.thebriefng.com/2016/11/30/remi-tinubu-is-my-big-aunty-dino-melaye/

Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by robay(m): 2:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
Dino when u go visit ur constituency to empower ur people and stop using their money to buy cars,anyway wetin concern me self

3 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by TippyTop(m): 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
She's your sugar mummy talk true.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by TheEastActivist: 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
Carrot and stick approach cheesy
Same way buhari did to his husband cheesy

What a battered ego grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
TheEastActivist:

What a battered ego grin

Take this for that your bad mouth....

5 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
We know an Omoluabi will not insult the wife of our dear leader and not apologize. We forgive him and accept him as a progressive again[color=#006600][/color]

These are the musings of Tinubu Slaves grin grin

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
robay:
Dino when u go visit ur constituency to empower ur people and stop using their money to buy cars,anyway wetin concern me self

Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by FreeGlobe(f): 2:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
Kathmandu:
We know an Omoluabi will not insult the wife of our dear leader and not apologize. We forgive him and accept him as a progressive again[color=#006600][/color]

Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by Young03(m): 2:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
after u had boasted of giving her belle
Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2016
I smell somtin negative

Pls som1 shud help me wit dat nose moniker
Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2016
tinubu paper grin
Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by omofunaab(m): 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
TheEastActivist:

What a battered ego grin

Don't kill yourself because of tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by TimeManager(m): 3:31pm On Dec 02, 2016
[quote author=FreeGlobe post=51572968][/quote]Never believed you could be here. You were doubting this info a few minutes ago..#hypocrite.
Kiss the truth!
Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by TimeManager(m): 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
Kathmandu:

@bold,These exactly are my words to you & you took the fastest flight to the Mods...#hypocrisy #hypocrite.
Kiss the truth!
Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by kingwax7007: 3:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
TheEastActivist:

What a battered ego grin
I think its better than an 'all stick' approach grin cheesy grin

Ojukwu and nnamdi kanu comes to mind. cheesy

Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
that's good news.
Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by babyfaceafrica: 4:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
And this is news?.....smh
Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by sammyj: 5:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
Melaye lilly liver man now singing peace song like FFK!!!!! shocked grin angry grin grin grin grin
Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by Donmp4: 4:20am On Dec 05, 2016
EmmzyWhite:
I smell somtin negative

Pls som1 shud help me wit dat nose moniker
grin Lol
Re: Remi Tinubu Is My Big Aunty -dino Melaye by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 05, 2016
Hmmmmm, Dino

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Celebrate People With Fake Certificates: Buhari / Gov Obiano Storms Scene Of Ozubulu Massacre, Reveals Cause Of Shooting. Photos / Biography Of The Nigeria Youngest Presidential Aspirant 2019"ahmed Buhari"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.