Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,967 members, 7,799,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? (7613 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 9:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
LightandDarkness:

Anybody can be trashed, the "good" he has done for humanity involves exploiting the citizens of a poor country to amass a wealth of millions. Humanity does need help but your daddy in the Lord is not that help.
Hi lightanddarkess, Do you mind answering this question ? I ask it of every atheist I meet.

What are doing for people that are in need ? I bet you have a good laugh every time you see someone helped by the Holy Prophet TB Joshua. Let us know.

The work of true churches was to demonstrate Gods love which is miraculous healing and more for the benefit of mankind. In the absence of this evidence, atheism and other isms have been born.

Atheism is a mental disorder or illness :

By now we all realize the terrible inner suffering of the atheist. God will not be mocked !

The results of this study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.

New information from a 22-year old study at a German University has many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world wondering if atheism is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing. Atheists or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness:

“There were 17,809 people in the study. It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.” This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Sibe007(m): 9:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
dalaman:

Emmanuel TV? grin grin

They have paid that one to spread their fame. Social media director for them TB Jo.

I tend to just skip whenever I see a post from that account. Its like a fake computer account.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by AccidentalGenius: 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Hi lightanddarkess, Do you mind answering this question ? I ask it of every atheist I meet.

What are doing for people that are in need ? I bet you have a good laugh every time you see someone helped by the Holy Prophet TB Joshua. Let us know.

The work of true churches was to demonstrate Gods love [/b]which is miraculous healing and more for the benefit of mankind. In the absence of this evidence, atheism and other isms have been born.

By now we all realize the terrible inner suffering of the atheist. God will not be mocked !

The results of this study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.

New information from a 22-year old study at a German University has many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world wondering if atheism is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing. Atheists or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness:

“There were 17,809 people in the study. It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.” This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient.
bla bla bla fvcking blaah grin
studies be popping up everyday. nobody gives a hoot. grin
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Emescot(m): 10:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
QueenSuccubus:

Hi... I replied ur pm oredi grin
Girls who use the laugh smiley grin rock 100% nne u rock my boat!! cheesy
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2016
ScienceWatch:

The work of true churches was to demonstrate Gods love [/b]which is miraculous healing and more for the benefit of mankind. In the absence of this evidence, atheism and other isms have been born.

I've done a fair amount of volunteer work over the past few years while i was a christian and also now that i'm atheist and I will always push for positive change and try to do much more. Why should I respect TB joshua? Frankly its disgusting and worrying that you idolise tb joshua, it is also worrying how a lot of these other Pentecostal pastors are also idolised. How is it that 100 people die in TB joshuas church and people are saying he SHOULDNT be prosecuted cause he is a "man of god", how is it okay that Adeboye, Oyedepo etc collect enough tithes to own private jets and build schools probably 50% of their members cannot go to, in a country where 100 million people live in poverty. The day redeemers and CU are free and entry is based on merit alone is the day i will never say anything bad about adeboye or oyedepo again. And the day tithe collection and donations aren't a priority for TB Joshua and co is the day I will start to change my opinion. Until then TB joshua is just another self-proclaimed man of god exploiting people who rely so dearly on hope.

Contrary to your opinion I'm not mentally ill, suffering inside or lack empathy for humanity. If anything it was thinking about the world that made me an atheist.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 03, 2016
Emescot:
Girls who use the laugh smiley grin rock 100% nne u rock my boat!! cheesy

hmm baba o!
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Emescot(m): 11:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
LightandDarkness:

hmm baba o!
undecided baba for wetin grin
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by QueenSuccubus(f): 11:54pm On Dec 03, 2016
Emescot:
undecided baba for wetin grin

I see u grin

1 Like

Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 12:34am On Dec 04, 2016
LightandDarkness:

I've done a fair amount of volunteer work over the past few years while i was a christian and also now that i'm atheist and I will always push for positive change and try to do much more. Why should I respect TB joshua?
SCIENCE WATCH : When you are able to remove your bias toward the Holy Prophet TB Joshua and examine the testimonies of thousands of intelligent people helped world wide, you will sing a different tune.
Frankly its disgusting and worrying that you idolise tb joshua, it is also worrying how a lot of these other Pentecostal pastors are also idolised.
SCIENCE WATCH : It is impossible not to have reverence and respect for anyone that works so tirelessly to help suffering people
How is it that 100 people die in TB joshuas church and people are saying he SHOULDNT be prosecuted cause he is a "man of god",
SCIENCE WATCH : It is foolish to even attempt to blame a Pastor of a church for engineering/construction problem to a church building. The hidden motives become obvious.
show is it okay that Adeboye, Oyedepo etc collect enough tithes to own private jets and build schools probably 50% of their members cannot go to, in a country where 100 million people live in poverty. The day redeemers and CU are free and entry is based on merit alone is the day i will never say anything bad about adeboye or oyedepo again. And the day tithe collection and donations aren't a priority for TB Joshua and co is the day I will start to change my opinion. Until then TB joshua is just another self-proclaimed man of god exploiting people who rely so dearly on hope.
SCIENCE WATCH : You place a huge value on things that have very little to do with the awesome work of healing and deliverance done in the holy Scoan Church. What about all the peoples testimonies of mind-blowing changes in their
lives and families ?

Contrary to your opinion I'm not mentally ill, suffering inside or lack empathy for humanity. If anything it was thinking about the world that made me an atheist.
SCIENCE WATCH :It is not my opinion that counts, thats why I researched studies done on a particular mind-set.Based on your response above, I find it hard to believe you are capable of independent investigation into TRUTH and that you have real empathy for other people including the thousands of people that you see testifying truthfully in Scoan. [quote]
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 1:18am On Dec 04, 2016
AccidentalGenius:
bla bla bla fvcking blaah grin
studies be popping up everyday. nobody gives a hoot. grin
Accidentalgenius, this info may just work for you.

How do atheists use defence mechanisms to deny God? What follows are what psychologists and psychiatrist believe to be the major ways.

DENIAL: This mechanism is very simple: the atheist simply denies reality and does so with intensity and persistence. There are people who are told by doctors daily that they have a terminal illness. Their way of coping is to deny that it could be true. Atheists do the same: they intensely and persistently deny that God could exist. They block out the possibility and fight it with all their might.

RATIONALIZATIONS: This is a favourite mechanism of atheists. It is simply the reliance on logical-sounding but false reasons to negate reality. Atheists will offer countless “logical-sounding” reasons why God does not exist, or why atheists cannot accept the existence of God. They are very creative at doing so, and they specialize in using pedantic language to sound convincing to others and to themselves. They fool themselves that they are of superior intelligence and that they must be correct in their conclusions. In reality, they are simply foolish rationalizers.
View the link for the full article: http://atheismexposed.tripod.com/atheists_mentally_ill.htm

Atheists use more defence mechanisms to deny God

REPRESSION: [/b]This mechanism entails forcing painful material into the sub-conscious unconsciously. The atheist who uses this mechanism is not aware of it. All of existence shouts out, "design." Every little detail in nature offers evidence of the Artist’s touch. One only has to stop, observe and see that we are not surrounded by the grotesque, but by beauty, unity and harmony. The atheist mind will not stop and observe and see the connection. If they do stop to look, they will acknowledge the art -- but not the artist.

[b]SUPPRESSION:
Suppression is similar to repression, but with one exception: it is conscious. Science is continually offering evidence of intricacy and brilliance on the Creator’s part. The concept of design is daily being reinforced by all the sciences. Accepting the evidence for former atheist, Anthony Flew, may have been painful at first, but he finally accepted the glaring reality. Most atheists will not. They will consciously “reject” the evidence, without any fair and sufficient analysis.

[b]DISPLACEMENT: [/b]This mechanism has to do with transferring feelings from one deserving object to another undeserving one. As explained above, many Atheists are angry and hurt, because of abuse or mistreatment by authority figures, parents, religious people or religious leaders. In time, they transfer their anger to God who allowed the events that caused their pain to take place. The end result of this mechanism is to abolish what they see as the ultimate source of their pain: God.
View the link for the full article: http://atheismexposed.tripod.com/atheists_mentally_ill.htm
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by EyeHateGod: 2:20am On Dec 04, 2016
Haroun13:

Another astonishing claim.
Lemme see what I can do for you.
First, The Arabic word for god is ilah. It can be made plural ilahi (gods) or feminine ilaha (goddess). It can also be used with the creations, e.g, godmother, godfather, etc.
The word "Allah" in Arabic is unique. It cannot be pluralized, feminized, or used with creation. It is unique. If you look at it, it is as though you are saying Al ilah, The God.
In conclusion, Allah means the one who deserves to be worshipped, and that is non other than the Creator of the universe.

Salaam
Jeez this doesn't make sense..
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Certitude(m): 6:02am On Dec 04, 2016
dalaman:
My wife knows am an atheist. She's the only person that knows and she doesn't care. She said God will forgive me cos of her. She'll beg him to take me to heaven she truly means it. No need wasting your time telling people you are an atheist in Nigeria. You can lose a lot.
such loving wife.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by dalaman: 6:50am On Dec 04, 2016
Certitude:

such loving wife.

Very loving.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Emescot(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2016
QueenSuccubus:

I see u grin
Lol Nawti temptress
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 04, 2016
Emescot:
I dont think am an atheist (yet). But i will like to know, what do u call a person who believes in God but does not believe in christianity and anything written in any of the holy books? @benzics

A deist; am a deist too

read more: http://www.religioustolerance.org/deism.htm

1 Like

Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Emescot(m): 7:41am On Dec 04, 2016
onyenze123:

A deist; am a deist too
Thanks for the link
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Haroun13(m): 7:45am On Dec 04, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Jeez this doesn't make sense..
To you
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 04, 2016
Emescot:
Thanks for the link

You are welcome
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 9:45am On Dec 04, 2016
onyenze123:

A deist; am a deist too

[b]It is embarrassing to see how many fancy terms are created daily [/b]to disguise the real problems. The more fancy the title the more people buy it for personal status.

The gods of the agnostic, atheist, deists, humanist are disguises, but underneath the mask you with find big trouble.
At least protect the youth of the world from this soul destroying satanic inspired belief systems that ends in a Mental Asylum.

The satanic master minds of these systems suffered terrible mental problems and spread explosive suffering to the world : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley and Nietzsche, Issac Newton, Albert Einstein and many more.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 9:51am On Dec 04, 2016
Certitude:

such loving wife.
It is embarrassing to see how many fancy terms are created daily [/b]to disguise the real problems. The more fancy the title the more people buy it for personal status.

The gods of the [/b]agnostic, atheist, deists, humanist are disguises, but underneath the mask you with find big trouble.
At least protect the youth of the world from this soul destroying satanic inspired belief systems that ends in a Mental Asylum.

[b]The satanic master minds
of these systems suffered terrible mental problems and spread explosive suffering to the world : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley and Nietzsche, Issac Newton, Albert Einstein and many more.

Einstein recognized the remarkable design and order of the cosmos, but could not reconcile those characteristics with the evil and suffering he found in human existence. How could an all-powerful God allow the suffering that exists on earth?

Einstein's error
Einstein and Religion: Physics and Theology. Einstein's failure to understand the motives of God are the result of his incorrect assumption that God intended this universe as His ultimate perfect creation.

Einstein could not get past the moral problems that are present in our universe. He assumed, as most atheists do, that a personal God would only create a universe which is both good morally and perfect physically.

[b]Where Albert Einstein erred [/b]was in that thinking that there was a god who designed the universe, but designed it in such as way as to allow evil without a purpose. If the universe were designed and it included evil, then there must have been a purpose for that evil.
More correctly, according to Christianity, the purpose of the universe is not to be morally or physically perfect, but to provide a place where spiritual creatures can choose to love or reject God - to live with Him forever in a new, perfect universe, or reject Him and live apart from Him for eternity. This fact is made simple when one examine the evidence coming out on Emmanuel TV/ The Scoan Church Nigeria.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How many times will you atheists tell stories about your deconversion undecided undecided . Its boring ... move along !

as many times as you people continue to disturb our peace. we can't on our tv or radio without you people preaching at us, we can't walk on the streets without you trying hard to give us your flyer, we can't sleep well in our room without Muslim forcefully waking us up with thier early morning loud speaker prayer call, you deface our buildings with your poster, on Sunday your defeaning church noise can kill patients in any nearby hospital.
we can't even help you without you telling us to look forward to your God for our reward

1 Like

Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 10:23am On Dec 04, 2016
Haroun13:

I know my Atheist brothers and sisters will be wondering why a Muslim would congratulate them on their Atheism.
The reason is because it shows you've been thinking.

I believe most of my Atheist brothers and sisters were Christians.

Now, I believe you are familiar with Genesis.
First, the story of Adam and Eve in the garden, then they ate the forbidden fruit, and they became naked. It says "Adam heard the footsteps of God, walking in the garden, in the cool of the day". I ask my self, "footsteps of God"? like King Kong? Then God goes to the place Adam was standing few secs ago, and stops. Then he asks "Adam, Adam, where are thou"? God didn't know where Adam was? or was He playing hide and seek? Adam comes out and says, here I am.

Now, my question "DO U BELIEVE IN A GOD LIKE THAT" I believe you don't, and I don't.

Further down Genesis, Moses (AS) wanted to see God, so, God says, "you can't see me". In the Qur'an, "Allah says you will never see me". But in the bible, he is insistent, like a spoiled child. So, God puts him between two rocks and puts His hand in the opening, Moses (AS) can't see him, He turns His back and takes off His hand, and Moses (AS) saw the back of God, he saw His backside, because if he saw God's front side, he would have died.

My question, "DO U BELIEVE IN A GOD LIKE THAT" I believe you don't, and I don't.

Again, do you believe in a God that is born by his creation, Mary (AS), and circumcised on the eighth day DO YOU BELIEVE IN A GOD LIKE THAT I believe you don't, and I don't.

The first part of the shahada is "There is no god except Allah". It starts with "There is no god", so, my brothers and sisters, you have taken the first step in seeking truth. May Allah guide us all to the right path.

NOTE: This post is not to spite my Christian brothers and sisters, I only seek to reason with everyone.

Salaam.
Salaam Haroun13, One day you will regret the day [/b]you mocked the living God or the awesome benefits all religions give to billions of highly intelligent people. Do not join up with cruel satanic groups disguised as deists/agnostics/atheists, ect. The end result is that you will soon suffer unexplained anger, moodiness, depression, inability to forgive, cruelty, etc, etc, etc. Then you will be ready to except scientific solutions to spiritual problems. They will give you dangerous mind altering drugs that has no cure.

[b]You and your family will seek help
in times of need and these groups will mock you instead. There is no mercy or compassion to give because all these systems have deep satanic roots.

The satanic master minds of these systems suffered terrible mental problems and spread explosive suffering to the world : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley and Nietzsche, Issac Newton, Albert Einstein and many more. Many died in Mental asylums. God will not be mocked !
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by ScienceWatch: 10:29am On Dec 04, 2016
Haroun13:

I have performed some study, and reflected on them, and have to come to the conclusion that Islam has always and will always be the truth.

I don't know if you believe in God or not, but your very existence is because there is a creator, Allah.

If we go back, according to science, you'll agree with me that at a time, there was only a pair of humans. So, before them, what??

If we agree with the theory of evolution, for example, we will go back to the amoeba. Two questions:
1. Are you saying a group of amoeba, without brains came and thought for themselves, some decided to form a monkey, some lion, some fish, etc?
2. Assuming it is correct, we go back to a time there was nothing, no life. Life cannot exist from lifelessness without some intervention of some sort. Likewise, nothing can form out of nothingness, on it's own.

This fact alone is enough proof that God exists, for those who say He doesn't.
Yes ! God will not be mocked !
[b]Do not join up with cruel satanic groups
disguised as deists/agnostics/atheists, ect. The end result is that you will soon suffer unexplained anger, moodiness, depression, inability to forgive, cruelty, etc, etc, etc. Then you will be ready to except scientific solutions to spiritual problems. They will then give you dangerous mind altering drugs that has no cure.

You and your family will seek help in times of need and these groups will mock you instead. There is no mercy or compassion to give because all these systems have deep satanic roots.

The famous satanic master minds of these systems suffered terrible mental problems and spread explosive suffering to the world. A few of these men are : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley and Nietzsche, Issac Newton, Albert Einstein and many more. Many died in Mental asylums.

God will not be mocked !
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Haroun13(m): 10:29am On Dec 04, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Salaam Haroun13, One day you will regret the day [/b]you mocked the living God or the awesome benefits all religions give to billions of highly intelligent people. Do not join up with cruel satanic groups disguised as deists/agnostics/atheists, ect. The end result is that you will soon suffer unexplained anger, moodiness, depression, inability to forgive, cruelty, etc, etc, etc. Then you will be ready to except scientific solutions to spiritual problems. They will give you dangerous mind altering drugs that has no cure.

[b]You and your family will seek help
in times of need and these groups will mock you instead. There is no mercy or compassion to give because all these systems have deep satanic roots.

The satanic master minds of these systems suffered terrible mental problems and spread explosive suffering to the world : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley and Nietzsche, Issac Newton, Albert Einstein and many more. Many died in Mental asylums. God will not be mocked !

I don't really get you though. But, just so you know, I'm a Muslim, and I can't even imagine myself following any of the above you mentioned. If you read more of my posts, you'll understand what I was driving at with this particular post you quoted.

Salaam.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by Haroun13(m): 10:33am On Dec 04, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Yes ! God will not be mocked !
[b]Do not join up with cruel satanic groups disguised as deists/agnostics/atheists, ect. The end result is that you will soon suffer unexplained anger, moodiness, depression, inability to forgive, cruelty, etc, etc, etc. Then you will be ready to except scientific solutions to spiritual problems. They will give you dangerous mind altering drugs that has no cure.

[b]You and your family will seek help in times of need and these groups will mock you instead. There is no mercy or compassion to give because all these systems have deep satanic roots.

[b]At least protect the youth of the world from this soul destroying satanic inspired belief systems that ends in a Mental Asylum.

[b]The famous satanic master minds of these systems suffered terrible mental problems and spread explosive suffering to the world. A few of these men are : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley and Nietzsche, Issac Newton, Albert Einstein and many more. Many died in Mental asylums. God will not be mocked !

I don't get your message. Please, expatiate.
Re: Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? by hopefulLandlord: 11:01am On Dec 04, 2016
this sciencewatch guy is annoying everyone

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Church Service Today At COZA today , I Can't Stop Laughing / SEX SCANDAL: Husband Writes Bishop Oyedepo, 'your Pastor Has Snatched My Wife' / The Bermuda Triangle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.