Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. (3731 Views)

What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman / Do You Think The World Would Ever End / I Think I'm Losing My Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 02, 2016
Think about this. What's the difference between humans and other animals? Some of you might identify a couple of differences, and there would definitely be a noticeable disparity in opinions. But one area everyone would agree on, is the similarity between humans and other animals. Most conspicuous of these striking similarities is reproduction. Every animal reproduces. That's what enables the continuity of a specie. The need to reproduce in humans is facilitated by the pleasures of sex. So despite having the instinct to reproduce, going by the fact that we come from a line of humans who reproduced, hence possessing their reproductive traits, we also derive pleasure from the act that potentiates reproduction, so this acts as an incentive to reproduce.

Unlike other animals that procreate instinctively, humans have the ability or freewill to choose whether or not to procreate and even if we do, how many offsprings we want to have.

One significant difference between humans and other animals is the possession of consciousness. Consciousness enables humans to participate in a much higher field of awareness. It enables humans to reflect on past events, ponder present situations, critically examine old ideas, excogitate new ideas, and to plan ahead.

Just like animals, humans are also biological species. And as biological species, our biological purpose is to survive and reproduce. We survive primarily by eating and excreating. And we reproduce through sex. Any other thing we do other than these three is secondary, illusory or a factor of our environment.

As other animals do, we feel pain and we experience suffering, but to a higher degree. The thing is, we don't just feel pain, we understand it. We possess empathy and empathy allows us to not just identify the pain another person is passing through, but to also affectively experience it.

The story of our existence occurs in three folds. We are born, we survive and we die. These three things are inevitable. It doesn't matter whether a person lived in 10,000BCE, 10BCE, 100CE, 1000CE, or 2016CE, our lives are built around these three things. There is actually a fourth fold, but this is optional for humans, and this fourth fold is reproduction. For other animals, reproduction isn't optional. It's an instinct, just like the instinct for survival. Due to the evolution of consciousness, humans can understand what reproduction is, and choose whether to engage in it or not.

The evolution of consciousness and the evolution of a large, complex brain in humans, engendered a unique perception of ourselves and it occasioned a new degree of creativity. It enhanced our survival, and it fostered the creation of new ways to gratify ourselves and make ourselves more comfortable.

This evolution of consciousness and the progress that led to the social and cultural stratification of society came with drawbacks. Humans began to perceive themselves as unique individuals with a unique purpose. Our goals shifted from just surviving, to more selfish, humanly constructed goals. We became more self absorbed. We began to organize our lives around illusions of success and acquisition of wealth. We devised new ways to satisfy our desires and enhance our happiness, and we put a price tag on it. These things that were created to satisfy our cravings and make us live more comfortable lives, also had the capacity to do the opposite.

Our conscious experience enabled us to feel deep emotions towards our fellow humans. It allowed us to love and care deeply for other humans. It also allowed us to experience a more profound kind of sadness and pain, especially when our expectations weren't met, when we didn't achieve our goals, or when we lost someone or something dear to us.

The funny thing about the evolution of consciousness is that although it allowed us to better understand and be aware of ourselves, it also engendered the creation of distractions and the absorption of ourselves into these distractions which prevented us from starring at the true reality of our existence. Because when you think about it, everything we do during the time of our existence on this inconsequential planet, besides eating, sleeping, excreting, and staying away from harm, is just distraction from boredom. Basically, we are born to survive and we agree to this contract without any reservations. We have even deceived ourselves into thinking that within this survival and struggle there is some consolation, that is in happiness, love and moments we share with others. But we are blindsided by the fact that this happiness and good feelings we experience is ephemeral, unlike the ever constant struggle. Somehow, we have also forgotten that the so called fleeting happiness that we spend our lives search for, pales in the face of the ever abounding suffering and pain. Empathy doesn't do us a favor in this regard. Empathy allows us to experience the sufferings of others, especially those we love, like we were in their shoes.

We have also failed to notice the pointlessness of everything we do. Think about this, what's the point of doing all we do when we are all still going to die anyway. Please think critically about this. We live a life of perpetual struggle, that presents the high probability of pain and suffering, and experiencing the pain and suffering of others, and then we die at the end. Animals even have it better than we do. They do exactly the same thing we do, but they don't possess the ability to understand the realities of their grim existence, but in our case we possess the ability to understand our foolish predicament, and yet we still keep on existing and birthing humans to continue this pointless process.

Some people would claim that they are making impact in their world and they are making life better for others. Lol. Despite the underlying self-serving attitudes in these so called acts, what these people are doing is just prolonging this banal existence of the human race.
To understand how pointless and insignificant everything we claim to do, just imagine an asteroid collides directly with our planet and destroys it. There goes everything. All the historical figures. All traces of civilization. All our "hard work" blown away like chaff.

Now in light of all this, why do we feel the need to give birth to children? What's the point? Why bring another individual into the world with all the pain and suffering? What gives anyone the right to do this? And when you think about it, our reasons for procreating are all selfish. Either we are trying to live up to social mores, or we are trying to fulfill our fantasies of having kids. This is deeply unnerving. Why bring another human into this world for selfish reasons? He or she is just going to continue the whole process and experience his own share of pain and suffering that would outweigh his happiness. Going by the generally accepted mode of morality, this is morally reprehensible.

I think the human race should go extinct and end this pointless process.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
I think you are not serious
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by DeSepiero(m): 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
Put your head together bro grin

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Edwinmason(m): 7:49pm On Dec 02, 2016
why dont you start by killing yourself and your family

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by ever811(m): 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
taaaaaa....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Onechancearmy(m): 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
Poster before me has said it all. Set a personal example.
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by hertz9te(m): 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2016
if your parents had this great idea of yours,you won't have been given birth 2
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by oglalasioux(m): 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
I strongly stand with OP on this one. Why would even the Bible book of Ecclesiastes say that much and we fail to understand?

We are just chanced occupants of our planet. We are not specially made in any way rather our bigger brain is our waterloo since, unlike other animals, we are aware of the struggles and ultimate fate that will befall us all. Why then should mankind take pride in procreation since you'll end up bringing more sorrows into the world?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
Please and please, if you must smoke, endeavour to not smoke more than your head can carry.

You parents deemed it fit to bring you into the world. Yet you want mankind to blink into nothingness. Selfish person.

1 Like

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
Edwinmason:
why dont you start by killing yourself and your family

I never advocated for murder or suicide. I just said we need to stop procreating.

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Edwinmason(m): 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

I never advocated for murder or suicide. I just said we need to stop procreating.
okay..suppose your parents decide not to procreate wil u have the privilege to write these
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
Edwinmason:
okay..suppose your parents decide not to procreate wil u have the privilege to write these

Writing this isn't a privilege. And I wish they had not procreated me in the first place. Why would I wish any different?

If I had this level of understanding I have now as a baby in the womb, I would have strangled myself with my mum's placenta.

3 Likes

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by EyeHateGod: 8:49pm On Dec 02, 2016
This Guy go soon kill himself o..

1 Like

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Edwinmason(m): 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

Writing this isn't a privilege. And I wish they had not procreated me in the first place. Why would I wish any different?

If I had this level of understanding I have now as a baby in the womb, I would have strangled myself with my mum's placenta.
it not too late...just end it all
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by UyiIredi(m): 9:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
@ GrizzlyBear That Oshogbo seed you smoked never clear from ya brain.
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Omudia11: 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
Oo
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2016
Tosinex:
I think you are not serious

What's not serious about my post? You haven't said anything to counter the points raised.

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
DeSepiero:
Put your head together bro grin

What's not together about my head? And what does that have to do with the points I made?

1 Like

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by skeendyke: 9:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
The view of life from an atheist's perspective. They see no sense or purpose to their existence. All through their lives on earth they struggle to come to terms with their existence, refusing to accept it because they see existence as a meaningless venture, a venture without purpose.

This is why most atheists are suicidal and genocidal. Ticking bombs waiting to go off.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by DeSepiero(m): 10:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

What not together about my head? And what does that have to do with the points I made?

"I think the human race should go extinct and end this pointless process".

This is the last statement you made. It's extreme & unnecessary. Simply embrace the beauty of life and ignore the vanity of it all.
As a freethinker I understand your points though.
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
Grizzlybear , looks like people are now accepting the fact that you make no sense - even your atheist brothers .

THAT post augured these reactions .

Have fun

lmao grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
skeendyke:
The view of life from an atheist's perspective. They see no sense or purpose to their existence. All through their lives on earth they struggle to come to terms with their existence, refusing to accept it because they see existence as a meaningless venture, a venture without purpose.

This is why most atheists are suicidal and genocidal. Ticking bombs waiting to go off.

Atheism indeed has devastating effects on the brain

https://www.nairaland.com/3493419/researches-reveal-atheism-devastating-effects

1 Like

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Auki: 10:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
Mankind hearts quickly became hollow and void once he rejected the existing of his creator.

He reads no meaning to life. In his own unjust invented planet Light=darkness and so killing or saving innocent life are actually the same. Mankind are free and accoutable to none. Undetected Book Haram member will not be punished forever and ever.

Deep inside atheist hearts, they instinctively know that God does exist. That is man natural default mode. The Almighty Creator pointed out this phenomenon, saying:

“And they denied [the signs] wrongfully and arrogantly, though within themselves they were convinced of them.” (Quran 27:14)

To atheists and materialists, life has no purpose beyond the fulfillment of their desires. Consequently, their desires also become the god which they obey and submit to instead of the One True God. In the Quran, God said:

“Have you seen the one who takes his desires as his god?” (Quran 25:43, 45:23)

Atheists are allergic to worshiping their creator. I assure you they always end up worshiping their desires, lust, philosophy. He devote so much time and effort to fulfill those desires. Like @op here, he must have spent time and may be efforts before reaching this far reaching conclusion.
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by skeendyke: 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

One disease that is very fatal to atheists is depression. Depression is just one among many but it is a notorious psychological agent of physical death to atheists. Another is despair. Once atheists get to the stage of despair that they are helpless and hopeless in the face of challenges, they just go suicidal or genocidal or both. These are some of the reasons why they are ticking time bombs waiting to explode so, yes, atheism has devastating effects on the brain. Will go through the link to learn more.

GrizzlyBear is just a case in point. Right now he is suicidal and genocidal at once. Maybe he is under an attack of depression or something but it is not a license to wish the human race sudden extinction.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

"I think the human race should go extinct and end this pointless process".

This is the last statement you made. It's extreme & unnecessary. Simply embrace the beauty of life and ignore the vanity of it all.
As a freethinker I understand your points though.

Going extinct is the best solution. Even if we decide to delude ourselves into thinking there is beauty in life, while ignoring the ugliness and pain and uncertainties, let's not bring children into this mess.

You don't have to pigeon-hole yourself into unnecessary label boxes to make accurate extrapolations about the true nature of your world. I really hate these labels you guys adopt. You don't need to define yourself by any label in other to think rationally and precisely evaluate ideas.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by ifenes(m): 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
Auki:
Mankind hearts quickly became hollow and void once he rejected the existing of his creator.

He reads no meaning to life. In his own unjust invented planet Light=darkness and so killing or saving innocent life are actually the same. Mankind are free and accoutable to none. Undetected Book Haram member will not be punished forever and ever.

Deep inside atheist hearts, they instinctively know that God does exist. That is man natural default mode. The Almighty Creator pointed out this phenomenon, saying:

“And they denied [the signs] wrongfully and arrogantly, though within themselves they were convinced of them.” (Quran 27:14)

To atheists and materialists, life has no purpose beyond the fulfillment of their desires. Consequently, their desires also become the god which they obey and submit to instead of the One True God. In the Quran, God said:

“Have you seen the one who takes his desires as his god?” (Quran 25:43, 45:23)

Atheists are allergic to worshiping their creator. I assure you they always end up worshiping their desires, lust, philosophy. He devote so much time and effort to fulfill those desires. Like @op here, he must have spent time and may be efforts before reaching this far reaching conclusion.

You see the need to worship a creator? This is why Grizzlybear is right,no point for deluded,books misunderstanding humans should be on a beautiful planet like this. If your aim in life is to worship,be a slave to a creator,you have no business procreating honestly. Die off and let the sane animals take over.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Splinz(m): 11:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Lmao... He shouldn't just waste the life like that sha...

He'll do a great job for Boko Haram as a suicide bomber.
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Ranchhoddas: 11:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Lol...Na wetin I just think be that. The guy get suicidal tendencies
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by Ranchhoddas: 11:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You just love seeing your threads on the front board abi?
Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by availableisme: 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2016
ifenes:

You see the need to worship a creator? This is why Grizzlybear is right,no point for deluded,books misunderstanding humans should be on a beautiful planet like this. If your aim in life is to worship,be a slave to a creator,you have no business procreating honestly. Die off and let the sane animals take over.

SHUT UP!!

1 Like

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by HCpaul(m): 12:03am On Dec 03, 2016
ifenes:

Best advice ever....

I comprehend with the guys perspectives but dudes above me kept on misapprehending his views.
But instead of ending it all, I think that we should rather take responsibility in providing solution to this mess. At least, humanity have been prolonging life via artificial means. Am seeing the possibility of extending it beyond present limits and that is if we take up the responsibility. Let's keep procreating cuz if we end it just like that what will be the fate of the unintelligent and uncaring universe when intelligent being like man has been wiped off

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. by otem4eartum: 1:38am On Dec 03, 2016
Don't look at life that way. Life is interesting. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Have you heard the song "I LIKE THE KIND OF LIFE WEY I DEY LIVE NOW? "

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

T.b Joshua's Secrets / Atheist Give Me Any Evidence That God Doesn't Exist And I Will Prove You Wrong / Scientific Miracles In The Quran...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.