Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

A Toyota SUV Burnt Along Enugu-Onitsha Express Way. PICTURES - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Toyota SUV Burnt Along Enugu-Onitsha Express Way. PICTURES (25800 Views)

Man Chains His Lexus SUV To His Gate In Onitsha / Man Burnt His SUV To Ashes While Trying To Make A Way For It (Photos, Video) / Cracked And Sticky Dashboard Repairs - Lexus And Toyota Suv/car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: A Toyota SUV Burnt Along Enugu-Onitsha Express Way. PICTURES by erico2k2(m): 7:38pm On Dec 07, 2016
iukpe:

Had this experience, my exhaust pipe broke due to a faulty rework by my auto welder, leading to the hot side blowing flames directly on my gas tank and under the panel behind the backseat, this was causing the rug in the car to melt but it was getting dark on a journey and raining too but i drove vigorously to get away from area i knew i didn't want to stop. Then I had to stop at a spot where some women sell meat and wine close to the river, because i had started to smell petrol. The heated parts started to burn as i came to a halt, I was already rehearsing for the worst, so I immediately turned off the engine, jumped out of the car (I picked my phones and wallet close to me as fast as I was leaving the drivers seat) The flames burst at first engulfing the rear of the vehicle, then it went under because the pump had stopped throwing our petrol into the flames. I opened the trunk, threw my stuff out as much as I could and as safe away from the car as I could, grabbed my fire extinguisher lay partly under the rear and pumped the extinguisher directly at the center of the flame as good as I could. This reduced the flames but didn't stop it, suddenly two other smaller extinguishers showed up from sympathizers who however were too scared to come close since it was clear the flames were coming from the fuel tank area. But the two extinguishers did the job and the women brought some water and old wine which we used to finish the smoking materials which had been heated and mostly melted.
God and Courage the saving factors in any emergency.
Lucky Tale.Im glad your extinguisher worked.
Re: A Toyota SUV Burnt Along Enugu-Onitsha Express Way. PICTURES by sultaan(m): 10:06pm On Dec 07, 2016
iukpe:

Had this experience, my exhaust pipe broke due to a faulty rework by my auto welder, leading to the hot side blowing flames directly on my gas tank and under the panel behind the backseat, this was causing the rug in the car to melt but it was getting dark on a journey and raining too but i drove vigorously to get away from area i knew i didn't want to stop. Then I had to stop at a spot where some women sell meat and wine close to the river, because i had started to smell petrol. The heated parts started to burn as i came to a halt, I was already rehearsing for the worst, so I immediately turned off the engine, jumped out of the car (I picked my phones and wallet close to me as fast as I was leaving the drivers seat) The flames burst at first engulfing the rear of the vehicle, then it went under because the pump had stopped throwing our petrol into the flames. I opened the trunk, threw my stuff out as much as I could and as safe away from the car as I could, grabbed my fire extinguisher lay partly under the rear and pumped the extinguisher directly at the center of the flame as good as I could. This reduced the flames but didn't stop it, suddenly two other smaller extinguishers showed up from sympathizers who however were too scared to come close since it was clear the flames were coming from the fuel tank area. But the two extinguishers did the job and the women brought some water and old wine which we used to finish the smoking materials which had been heated and mostly melted.
God and Courage the saving factors in any emergency.

So you gave credit to the mechanic doing a bad job. You smelt it long before it went up in flames, you took the risk to drive it longer.

Every owner with burnt car made the same decision why expect a different outcome when the owner ignored the definite end result?
Re: A Toyota SUV Burnt Along Enugu-Onitsha Express Way. PICTURES by IkpuMmadu: 9:08am On Oct 28, 2020
erico2k2:

First and foremost get a working fire enstiguisher
2nd service your car regular .
STOP CARRYING FUEL IN THE BOOT OF YOUR CAR
toyota cars are noted for catching fire..
.... there was recalls on this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buying A Used Car? These Tips May Save You Some Heartbreaks!!! / The $450,000 Ford GT Originally Owned By Pro-wrestler John Cena Sells For $1.5m / Introducing The 2020 Ford Explorer (photos And Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.