Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,380 members, 7,800,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team (106250 Views)

Donald Trump Sacks Adebayo Ogunlesi As Adviser / Hope For Nigeria: Trump Selects A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team / Donald Trump Appoints Nigerian Businessman Adebayo Ogunlesi In His Economic Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by ReubenE(m): 2:01am On Dec 03, 2016
zanga420:
another super point there. it's a pity that the bigotry that's indirectly destroying us is our bane and I hardly see it changing for good. I pray we change in our bigotic attitude for good.
I'm afraid it may never change. Bigotry is now in the anatomy of the Nigerian state. Bigotry is now like an ideology that even the young ones grow up with, I bet you can already see them here.
All the same, if we are truly willing to make that change as a nation, there is still a slim window of opportunity.
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 03, 2016
phreakabit:
[size=18pt]The man be like burnt kpomo. .
As soon as I saw his dark noob saibot-esque skin tone I just know say na Afonja.[/size]

Did that stop him from buying Gatwick airport? No. Did it stop him from being appointed to serve in the U.S government? You and your comments will not be remembered by anyone in the next one hour.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by ReubenE(m): 2:15am On Dec 03, 2016
DrAnie:
Indeed, Nigeria has a very long way to go! It is disgraceful and even embarrassing to read the post of fellow Nigerians here on nairaland insulting one another simply because of their ethnicity. When would this nonsense ever seize?? I believe it is high time we started seeing ourselves as Nigerians and not as Ibo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ibibio etc.
Please my brothers and sister we are ONE and let's accept the status quo, and stop the barrage of insults towards people from different ethnicity.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
thanks for the advice sir, I hope they learn....

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by persius555(m): 2:27am On Dec 03, 2016
Let me sit down and watch as these capitals gang up against the American economy. By the time trump finishes with the economy, I doubt there would be much for the democrats to rescue.
Trump is here to finish what the bush left standing during their administration. In the end it is the average American that loses.
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by Nobody: 2:29am On Dec 03, 2016
I strongly feel trump 'll run an elitist govt. To the detriment of common majority americans.
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by Bigsteveg(m): 2:34am On Dec 03, 2016
I salute your reasoning brother, everything you said here is nothing but the pure truth. More knowledge

StOla:
It is Ogunlesi not Ogunlensi.

Secondly, he is Ijebu from Ogun state, not Ondo state. His father is Professor Ogunlesi, the first Nigerian professor of medicine.

As for Trump and the Republicans, they have a penchant for assembling capitalist gurus, that in turn wreck the solid economy already achieved by the Democrats.

Bush made sure he wrecked the economy he inherited from Clinton. Obama cleaned up the mess of Bush, now a Republican Trump has come to inherit a stable democrat engineered economy.

How do the Republicans wreck the economy?
They invite all their capitalist friends to run the country, who as a matter of first priority, erase all forms of government regulations in their own respective business sectors. Bluntly put, they are in power to see how best to grow their own businesses. They continue to take all manner of greedy risks, even if they have to bet against America.

They quickly cut taxes for the wealthiest of the wealthy, claiming such increase in disposable income would be reinvested in the economy by creating more jobs.When the charade falls apart, they run back to beg for government bailout with tax payers funds, while still flying about in chartered flights living an illusion called American Dream.
The average Joe remains average.

Time will tell if Trump will wreck it in typical Republican fashion, while the short memory Americans run back to the Democrats for succour in a cycle that never changes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by here: 2:38am On Dec 03, 2016
StOla:

Secondly, he is Ijebu from Ogun state, not Ondo state. His father is Professor Ogunlesi, the first Nigerian professor of medicine.

As for Trump and the Republicans, they have a penchant for assembling capitalist gurus, that in turn wreck the solid economy already achieved by the Democrats.

Bush made sure he wrecked the economy he inherited from Clinton. Obama cleaned up the mess of Bush, now a Republican Trump has come to inherit a stable democrat engineered economy.

They invite all their capitalist friends to run the country, who as a matter of first priority, erase all forms of government regulations in their own respective business sectors. Bluntly put, they are in power to see how best to grow their own businesses. They continue to take all manner of greedy risks, even if they have to bet against America.

They quickly cut taxes for the wealthiest of the wealthy, claiming such increase in disposable income would be reinvested in the economy by creating more jobs.When the charade falls apart, they run back to beg for government bailout with tax payers funds, while still flying about in chartered flights living an illusion called American Dream.

Time will tell if Trump will wreck it in typical Republican fashion, while the short memory Americans run back to the Democrats for succour in a cycle that never changes.

Yet they get elected, serve 2 straight tenure.
Yet their economy don't collapse like one I know in Africa which did in one year.
And somehow yet Americans run to Republicans after your democrates have fixed the economy? Dear you need to understand a people can make a choice and be allowed to live with it.Whether right or wrong it's their choice,constantly judging it might be considered weird because aside the ability to make a choice,what else do they have? How can we claim to know how all humans must live their lives? Denying them the only essential part of live?
Just like rather than Nigerians explore means to adopt to this style of governance are busy ranting online daily or wakeup to go to complain on TV,maybe because to blame requires less energy.
Pls try to allow America enjoy their new leader,afterall North Koreans do and none of these nairaland self appointed political analysts ever get to review that...why the obsession with America?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by hmuhammad(m): 2:50am On Dec 03, 2016
discusant:

But how comes Biafra in this, with one Ogunlesi in Economic advisory team of Trump.
As Nigeria failed the 170 million people in it due to the country's impossibility, what do your lot lose by having the dysfunctional Nigeria dissolved to get more manageable new countries?

Methinks, the smell of crude oil in the Nigerdelta has driven some people of one Nigeria indivisible to not think outside the box these days.
just write "congrats to him" instead of hating

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by donsteady(m): 2:51am On Dec 03, 2016
Op, so you were expecting this briany guy to work with Buhari? On what basis if I may ask?
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by JONITEZ(m): 2:55am On Dec 03, 2016
awelekiti:
cramjones, thanks for this information but note this. Having bad political leaders doesn't make Nigeria a failed state. It's up to you and I to shun money politics and vote them out of the system, starting from our various states, to the national level. Another problem ailing us is selfishness and ethnic bigotry. This would say he's yoruba, another would say he's ibo. America has more ethic majority than Nigeria yet, they're as united as ever. We all need to change our orientation in this country and be patriotic....from politicians to the people they govern.
well said. *Thumbs up*
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by mrfix212: 3:07am On Dec 03, 2016
Abi o
Tolexander:
why didn't our President see this kinda nigerian?

Oh, it is all about party in Nigeria!
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by yak(m): 3:09am On Dec 03, 2016
I have a dream that very soon I mean not long from now. every Nigerian will b tested, trusted or otherwise by the strength of his character.
it pains me that d youths who are supposed to b correcting the failures of the immediate generation of leaders are tying themselves with slave mentality of tribe.
Nigerian Youths Arise and fight our common enemy and forget this tribal war
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by dyabman(m): 3:14am On Dec 03, 2016
Largas:
Look at how Yoruba's are rejoicing over an appointment that will have no influence over their lives.

Afonja and inferiority complex. *spits.

Na that spit go kill u cool

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by robminds: 3:23am On Dec 03, 2016
nice
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by phestus(m): 3:30am On Dec 03, 2016
Ok.
Lets see how That goes
Mean while...
http:///2gRNl08
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by ideylaff: 3:49am On Dec 03, 2016
awelekiti:
Congrats to him. I'm not surprised though. The day I got to know this man was (and still is)the owner of gatwick airport in UK, one of the busiest airports in Europe, I was amazed. We've really got a lot of silent, successful Nigerians out there, doing us proud. His wife is the owner of Ruff ''N'' Tumble, a famous kids' outfit in Nigeria.

Point of correction, he does not own Gatwick. Global Impact own Gatwick and he runs Global Impact which he put together with shareholder funds and equity participation.

Not taking his shine away though. He's an achiever

He used to be a head at Credit Suiesse at one point in time as well

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by Kessyy2k4(m): 3:55am On Dec 03, 2016
LecciGucci:
Z
is that all u can say?
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by Kessyy2k4(m): 3:58am On Dec 03, 2016
angels09:
a Yoruba.
yes that's we! excellent wen it's comes to academic!

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by urchman3000(m): 4:02am On Dec 03, 2016
cramjones:

Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-strategic-and-policy-forum-includes-dimon-iger-schwarzman-2016-12?utm_content=buffer95804&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

PS: When the Nigerian Government fails to use our first-class brains and high achievers, other governments would use them. We are a failed Nation!

-CramJones
. Long I read about cramjones articles on nairaland. I still remember how you and ur crew supported this present administration(2015). This is now the result(2016). I wonder how next month(2017) will be for the common man. Please don't quote me. I am only reminding you. Enjoy the change

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by bsalva(m): 4:11am On Dec 03, 2016
Bayo ogunlesi is from sagamu in Ogun state.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by agabusta: 4:11am On Dec 03, 2016
MadamExcellency:

This is what I was expecting Buhari to do but he killed the vision of private partnership the day he scolded Wale Tinubu and Tony Elumelu for being invited by the CBN Governor to be part of the delegates to meet US Investors during Buhari's first US visit after his inauguration as president of Nigeria because we adjudged them corrupt and not qualified to go with him.

Oga don't campare Nigerian businessmen to Americans. Buhari has facts you are not privy to and so don't question his judgement.

Why gate crash an event you were never invited to? That shows how desperate and disrespectful those guys were.
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by bestpunterever: 4:21am On Dec 03, 2016
Largas:
Look at how Yoruba's are rejoicing over an appointment that will have no influence over their lives.

Afonja and inferiority complex. *spits.
and yah o generation of lost tribe of uganda celebrated when trumph won the election, what an hypocrite set of people.
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by Nobody: 4:34am On Dec 03, 2016
ideylaff:

Point of correction, he does not own Gatwick. Global Impact own Gatwick and he runs Global Impact which he put together with shareholder funds and equity participation.

Not taking his shine away though. He's an achiever

He used to be a head at Credit Suiesse at one point in time as well

It's not true. He owns the Global Infrastructure Partners, the company that bought the gatwick airport. Go do your research on that.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by LoveMachine(m): 4:34am On Dec 03, 2016
StOla:

Sounds about right. We seem to be towing a similar line unfortunately. Only time will tell. Props for the post!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by ButterFrost212(f): 4:57am On Dec 03, 2016
StOla:

shocked shocked did you write this? So you're the intelligent? undecided undecided
And because of this, I'd forget that you were supporting a thief in one certain thread, you were probably messing around, right?
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by Jungleluv5: 5:05am On Dec 03, 2016
dikerebel:
this man resemble Buhari, who notice am?

Oga Trump make eh no be like seh i no tell you oh anything weh look like buhari must have an atom of buhali
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by Jungleluv5: 5:06am On Dec 03, 2016
dikerebel:

Oga Trump make eh no be like seh i no tell you oh anything weh look like buhari must have an atom of buhali
Bad bele you think be like you olodo òsì
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by Jungleluv5: 5:07am On Dec 03, 2016
dikerebel:

Bad bele you think everybody be like you olodo òsì
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by gbengaoa(m): 5:08am On Dec 03, 2016
What do we expect when it took Pa Buhari several months to assemble a team that has no direction and who has very little success story as an individual to manage a country. Till we stop politicising our issues and bury ethnic differences we will still remain where we are and situation of things will not get any better.
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by StOla: 5:16am On Dec 03, 2016
NairaMaster1:

You guys are ingrates.

Who are the ingrates?

Me a Yoruba man resident in Nigeria?

Afenifere as a sociopolitical group, for not taking up congratulatory ads for Trump in the newspaper for appointing a British capitalist Yoruba man?

The average Joe in America who has managed to overcome the Republican inspired global economic meltdown of 2008, but has now decided he needs more Republican catastrophe after Democrat inspired economic growth?

What do you advise we do to show gratitude?

5 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by FavoredGuy: 5:16am On Dec 03, 2016
Congratulations to him and entire Yorubas!
Re: Donald Trump Appoints Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian In His Economic Advisory Team by yinkslinks(m): 5:22am On Dec 03, 2016
cus we are not dead brains like jews
OZAOEKPE:
I am proud to be a JEW cool

JESU shocked Werin trump they do with AFONJA?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: / This Is How Body Of General Quassem Soleimani Was Flown To Iran(Photos) / Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.