Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,595 members, 7,801,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet (21731 Views)

Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest / PDP: I Will Quit Politics If Supreme Court Affirms Sheriff Faction: Bode George / We Won’t Allow You Quit Active Politics yet, Jonathan Tells Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by MrPolitics: 10:28pm On Dec 02, 2016
•Anenih, ‘Mr Fix it’ retires

…Abubakar, Danjuma, Ekwueme, others pay tribute

From Iheanacho Nwosu ,Abuja

Former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan yesterday doused rife speculations that he may have quit partisan politics, saying he was not done yet with politics.

He was also categorical that he is still a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP although he declined to state if he would participate in elective contest in the future.

Jonathan made this known at the unveiling of “My Life and Nigerian Politics” a memoir written by former Chairman, Board of Trustees (BOT) of the PDP, Chief Tony Anenih, at the International Conference Centre, Abuja where the former minister of works announced his retirement from partisan politics with immediate effect.

Speaking about his political direction, Jonathan said though he had been absent at PDP meetings since he left office, he was firmly a member of the party.

“I have not retired from politics. I know that since I left office I have not been at meetings of the party but I am still a committed PDP member,” he declared.

He praised Anenih for his role in the nation’s political history describing him as a patriotic Nigerian who was always interested in the unity of Nigeria.

“Anenih works hard to ensure that what he believes in succeeds. He does not emphasize North, South divide,” the former president said.
In his short speech where his retirement from politics was announced, Anenih said, “I am persuaded that I have no more ambition nor any point to prove in politics. I am, therefore, glad to declare that, from today, I shall be withdrawing from active partisan politics. I shall, however, continue to avail the country of my experience, give suggestions and offer advice, as a statesman.”

He paid special tribute to God and some Nigerians for their assistance to him in different degrees.

“My gratitude is, first and foremost, to Almighty God who has been my strength, inspiration and protector in the more than 8 decades that I have lived on this planet. If I were to be a dramatic person, which I am not, I would have burst into one or more of the praise songs, ringing in my head. I would have sung, “WHAT SHALL I RENDER TO YOU O LORD…” or “ I HAVE A REASON TO PRAISE THE LORD…” or “YOU ARE GREAT..”

It is to God, our great father, our good shepherd and our wise King that I owe my wonderful, eventful and successful journey in life. I thank Him, I praise Him, I worship Him, I give Him all the glory and adoration that are due to His great and mighty name!

“I have written this book to provide lessons and encouragement for this and future generations. I am hopeful that the lessons of fortitude, hard work, diligence, loyalty and service, which have been manifest in my life, would give encouragement to all those who are serving as well as those who aspire to serve our great fatherland.

“My cardinal focus and objective have always been to be an agent of positive development, unity and brotherhood in Nigeria.

“In the course of my political career, I have interacted with all manner of people and institutions. I have seen people at their best and at their worst. I have worked with reliable people as well as fickle people, I have experienced undiluted loyalty and disloyalty from unexpected places. I have always tried to make the best of all situations. I can, therefore, say, with great pride, that I feel fulfilled in politics.”

The event which was preceded by a thanksgiving at the Our Lady Queen of Nigeria Pro-Cathedral, Abuja was attended by prominent Nigerians including former head of state, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar, two former Vice Presidents, Dr. Alex Ekwueme and Namadi Sambo, former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Pius Anyim, former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Aloma Mariam Mukhtar, former governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido and Gen. Theophilus Danjuma who was represented by Prof. Jerry Gana. It was chaired by Gen Abubakar.

Also eulogizing the former minister of Works, former Head of State, Gen. Abubakar said Anenih’s life story was that of service to the country and humanity.

He described him as a model, recalling several national positions Anenih held both as a policeman and politician.

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, in a goodwill message read by the Master of Ceremony, equally paid glowing tribute to Anenih’s socio-political life, praying God to grant him more years to continue to work for the country.

http://sunnewsonline.com/im-not-done-with-politics-yet-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by Thisis2raw(m): 10:23am On Dec 03, 2016
Hmm so am the FTC? grin

So back to the main matter.

“I have not retired from politics. I know that since I left office I have not been at meetings of the party but I am still a committed PDP member,” he declared.

Zombies won't like this

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by GossipHeart(m): 10:23am On Dec 03, 2016

Please, sir

Don't come back

You transformed Nigeria in a great way, the economy was good, everything was going fine, everybody was happy, you had a great plan for this country

But, Nigerians decided to show how stupid they were by voting and electing a 90 year old illiterate as a President

They're now crying like a rat on mensuration, hunger dey kill them now, the economy is now dead, companies are running out of Nigeria, Buhari did great harm to Nigeria in just 19 months

I wish Buhari will rule Nigeria for 80 years

Afonjas and Zombies never see anything yet

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by steppin: 10:23am On Dec 03, 2016
Some people might get a heart attack o.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by Debaddest(m): 10:24am On Dec 03, 2016
I respect you sir

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by omowolewa: 10:24am On Dec 03, 2016
Better, chairman PDP BOT would be a good one.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by Qmerit(m): 10:24am On Dec 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by webo16: 10:25am On Dec 03, 2016
Please come back

11 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by HQuadreal: 10:25am On Dec 03, 2016
Sai Baba Jonathan.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by Bigcake: 10:25am On Dec 03, 2016
The best democratic President in the history of Nigeria.

21 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by Cutezt(m): 10:26am On Dec 03, 2016
As Much As I Hated This Man In The Past, Due To How He And His Cabal Milked Nigeria Dry, I Prefer Him To That Brainless He-Goat In Aso Rock, Things Were Much Better Then, At The Genesis Of Buhari's Era, I Was Still Backing The Dullard, Saying It Was Just A Matter Of Time Before Everything Gets Fine, But I Was Mistaking, Clearly, This Country Is Heading For Doom, And The Man Keeps Touring Everywhere Like The Typical Fulani Man He Is.

Bubu, I Voted For You, But I Am Seriously Regreting That Decision, You Fall Hand Kpata Kpata.

GEJ 2019

Modified

Can Someone Please Tell All These " Afonja/Igbo" People To Have Sense. We Are All In This Together, If We Dont Stand Together, We And Our Childrean Will Suffer Together.
#SayNoToTribalWar
#1Naija
#UnitedNaija

51 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by Austinelead(m): 10:26am On Dec 03, 2016
space booked
Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by sageer1706(m): 10:26am On Dec 03, 2016
Good for him
Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by Daslim180(m): 10:26am On Dec 03, 2016
No doubt the best democratic president ever had. But sire, we don't need you anymore. And that animal ruling us (Buharom) now. Make una go relax and be spending money embezzled. We need another set of people to rule ....

Atiku (President)
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (VP)

(Economic Expert)

Meanwhile, I'm from Southwest.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by iloveophyta: 10:26am On Dec 03, 2016
#GEJmyman #GEJmyMentor

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by owen4u(m): 10:27am On Dec 03, 2016
Good news

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by kasheemawo(m): 10:27am On Dec 03, 2016
Stealing is not corruption grin in temitemi1 voice
GEJ till 2019 !!!

14 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by seunlayi(m): 10:27am On Dec 03, 2016
kasheemawo:
Stealing is not corruption grin in temitemi1 voice
GEJ till 2019 !!!

My friend, he is right on this. He was trying to explain something when he said this...... When you steal, it will be easier to prosecute you either in the jungle way or thru the rule of law but when you dupped someone, you may argue it out verbally or thru a strong legal team.......

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by Theoritical(m): 10:27am On Dec 03, 2016
U've exhausted your slot Mr.Man

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by Chikelue2000(m): 10:27am On Dec 03, 2016
Our Hero

D father of modern africa democracy

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by wizkidblogger(f): 10:28am On Dec 03, 2016
So?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by afanide: 10:29am On Dec 03, 2016
We hope you are coming back in 2m19 to change this change cheesy

Want to Start EXPORTATION/BUSINESS (Bitterkola, Ginger & Cocoa Powder)?
Contact me via my signature below... ONLY SERIOUS PEOPLE please.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by Efegbog(m): 10:29am On Dec 03, 2016
He will surely be a candidate in the future election, you know why?
Because Nigerian like to recycle their presidents. Dont be surprise if he wins.
Why will he win?
Because Nigerian people are educated illiterate who dont know what they want and that is why the leaders make a fool of us

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by Agimor(m): 10:30am On Dec 03, 2016
Brb
Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by Fabibest(m): 10:30am On Dec 03, 2016
Hero
Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 03, 2016
Of course but you have quit Presidency. If I hear say you wan run for President again, you will see what I will do to you

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by DeYoungJoe(m): 10:30am On Dec 03, 2016
very close to FTC, I know dat one I shall be dere. 1derful decision from my hero, we r solidly behind u
Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by assana: 10:31am On Dec 03, 2016
undecided sidon look na dog name.#
Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:32am On Dec 03, 2016
Huh?
Laffing in spanish
Re: Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet by brainpulse: 10:33am On Dec 03, 2016
I will like to steal more

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Renominates 82-Year-Old Sylvanus Nsofor As Ambassadorial Nominee / Convention Victory: Rochas Okorocha Dances 'shaku-shaku' (VIDEO) / Governor Ikpeazu Leads Abia State’s 126 Delegates To The PDP Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.