Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Resigned After 2 Days, See Why - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Resigned After 2 Days, See Why (36185 Views)

"Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by posh8701: 11:23pm On Dec 02, 2016
After the company I had worked for 3 years plus announced they were leaving Nigeria due to the harsh economic situation, I was happy when I secured another job on 30th of November 2016, which was the last day of my previous job. I couldn't wait to share my testimony here, lol.

Upon resumption, I realised people worked like horses for the company(Monday to Saturday)with no overtime bonus for working till about 10, 11pm if u have to, the best u get is a hotel room for the night if you can no longer go home. I was the only one going out for break and closing by 5.I understood because I was new, they didn't want to complain and wanted me to settle down. Hmmmmm, see work Oooooo. Although I had heard of such companies It was beginning to dawn on me that I had just gotten into one.

I terminated my appointment and no amount of persuasion from the management could stop me (If the offer is so cool, they should give it else with my experience and pay the person, shikena!)Why beg me?

I know the situation in Nigeria is terrible and many people doing such jobs are holding on till they get another job, its not easy to bear, sincerely.Employers especially Lebanese are taking the advantage to enslave Nigerians. Unfortunately, our government is still asleep.

I resigned because my circumstances at the moment does not demand for me to work under such poor conditions of service. But then, not every Nigerian has same circumstances and can take such a bold step.It is really heart breaking to see people suffer like this.

Have u worked under such conditions before? please share.

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by CyberStalking: 11:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
posh8701:
After the company I had worked for ...
thank God u tookoff fast. Pls mention the name of the company to save the younger ones the stress.
And for all those still comming behind. If you hear: PRISM STEEL ROLLING MILL Ikirun
Pls run as fast as you can & take cover

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 03, 2016
If u hear microfinance run....ul thank me later

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by ikp120(m): 3:20am On Dec 03, 2016
cummando:
If u hear microfinance run....ul thank me later

Bro why did you say so?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 03, 2016
I've worked for a vegetable export company with inhumane conditions. We got in at 7.00am and out at 8.00pm. Only a 15mins break at 1.45pm for lunch. The thing I found most difficult was working while standing over tables since we were sorting and cutting vegetable into package size. The supervisors walked around to ensure we did not lean over the tables. It was my first job so the excitement kept me there for a month.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 6:01am On Dec 03, 2016
Thank yhu Op, God bless you. All in the name of no job available doesn't makes it a yardstick for some idiots to take advantage of me. Health is Wealth

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by balaclava: 7:32am On Dec 03, 2016
ISON BPO

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by CyberStalking: 7:35am On Dec 03, 2016
Muafrika2:
I've worked for a vegetable export company with inhumane conditions. We got in at 7.00am and out at 8.00pm. Only a 15mins break at 1.45pm
Baba, pls help us drop the name because most of these slave camps stil constantly patrol naira land looking young 4 slaves to render useles$ (pls anybody dat knows any company, schools, banks, telecoms etc that always delay salaries, illigal deductions or any form of modern slavery u know pls post the name, evidence if u can it wil help people to stir clear) donGotze pls sir, my pm is having fault so pls quote me

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by CyberStalking: 7:43am On Dec 03, 2016
balaclava:
ISON BPO
gist us abeg.

Modified: I am nt lazy as well skilled Engineer. My coy then Wen dey owe 6mnths wit insults dey pay only one month to add insult the one month would nt be complet. I HAD to run 4cover wen I sustained head injury + broken leg on duty, I was abandoned to hospital for many months. But today wen i look at the scars on my body, I always give God d glory.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by herzern1(m): 8:07am On Dec 03, 2016

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by GossipHeart(m): 8:07am On Dec 03, 2016

These are the people that made you resign from that wonderful job you managed to get

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 03, 2016
Hmm
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by AntiWailer: 8:09am On Dec 03, 2016
Hmm.

When you know your worth, you dictate the tune.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 03, 2016
posh8701:
After the company I had worked for 3 years plus announced they were leaving Nigeria due to the harsh economic situation, I was happy when I secured another job on 30th of November 2016, which was the last day of my previous job. I couldn't wait to share my testimony here, lol.

Upon resumption, I realised people worked like horses for the company(Monday to Saturday)with no overtime bonus for working till about 10, 11pm if u have to, the best u get is a hotel room for the night if you can no longer go home. I was the only one going out for break and closing by 5.I understood because I was new, they didn't want to complain and wanted me to settle down. Hmmmmm, see work Oooooo. Although I had heard of such companies It was beginning to dawn on me that I had just gotten into one.

I terminated my appointment and no amount of persuasion from the management could stop me (If the offer is so cool, they should give it else with my experience and pay the person, shikena!)Why beg me?

I know the situation in Nigeria is terrible and many people doing such jobs are holding on till they get another job, its not easy to bear, sincerely.Employers especially Lebanese are taking the advantage to enslave Nigerians. Unfortunately, our government is still asleep.

I resigned because my circumstances at the moment does not demand for me to work under such poor conditions of service. But then, not every Nigerian has same circumstances and can take such a bold step.It is really heart breaking to see people suffer like this.

[size=28pt]Thats what i'm talking about!!! Brother just have faith say you find work and see yet see work and run![/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 03, 2016
Are you for real?

Lalasticlala grin grin grin grin
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by calabaman(m): 8:11am On Dec 03, 2016
I remember ISON BPO / CNSSL

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by orjikuramo(m): 8:11am On Dec 03, 2016
You've resigned, kindly put the name of the enslaving organisation so we don't fall prey. Can't die young cos of money

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by GossipHeart(m): 8:11am On Dec 03, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by philfrey08: 8:12am On Dec 03, 2016
k
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by thecrush: 8:12am On Dec 03, 2016
Na the saturday work ish dey tire o...

I work in a company where staff cant wait for 5pm to leave.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Samiceman: 8:12am On Dec 03, 2016
balaclava:
ISON BPO
Come on, I have worked with iSON BPO and the conditions aren't as bad as the op's. And besides you work for 8hrs, 5 days a week...

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by drexy02: 8:13am On Dec 03, 2016
balaclava:
ISON BPO
U are right

2 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:13am On Dec 03, 2016
in this harsh economy wey work no dey like that u stil manage to resign

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Berrypie(f): 8:13am On Dec 03, 2016
This is what the Country has caused. I have heard so much about these Lebanese employers taking advantage of Nigerians. What is the job of the NLC if I may ask?

24 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by BizBloke(m): 8:13am On Dec 03, 2016
posh8701:

Just imagine! Why can't the government enforce an 'over-time pay' requirement?

Why should someone work for over 8 hours without compensation?

3 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by drexy02: 8:14am On Dec 03, 2016
ISON BPO, I had to resign as soon as possible, They are extremely wicked

13 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Immorttal: 8:14am On Dec 03, 2016
You resigned simply because the salary doesn't justify the amount of labour disposed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by austinereds(m): 8:14am On Dec 03, 2016
Wow. May the Lord save us all. crazy working conditions.

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by truthspeaks: 8:15am On Dec 03, 2016
Pls always give name of company or firm to help fellow youths who r seeking employment. It's nt enuf to just tel us diz stories

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Didoris(f): 8:15am On Dec 03, 2016
yes, same with me, I left my previous Sch few days into November for a bigger one not knowing is just structure and full of shit. u clean n sweep ur classroom urself, d owner barks at people at will, using insulting words and name calling . you dont walk ,staff run up n down d sch wen been called. unexplained deductions n so on. got paid yesterday and av decided to save my life.

44 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

His Experience With Female Banker(marketer) / Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.