Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,963 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Resigned After 2 Days, See Why - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Resigned After 2 Days, See Why (36176 Views)

"Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by kilonso001(m): 1:31pm On Dec 04, 2016
ORI1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,lwkmd .Guy why,u wan kill me with laff
but that's the truth, if you doubt me ask anyone who has worked or is working there.
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bishops10:
You were lucky to get a break...I work within the same time frame yet no break. you don't sit down,no place to hide and rest, there's Camera everywhere.... A company at Amuwo Odofin industrial estate
how much do they pay
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Shakitibob0: 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
Muafrika2:
I've worked for a vegetable export company with inhumane conditions. We got in at 7.00am and out at 8.00pm. Only a 15mins break at 1.45pm for lunch. The thing I found most difficult was working while standing over tables since we were sorting and cutting vegetable into package size. The supervisors walked around to ensure we did not lean over the tables. It was my first job so the excitement kept me there for a month.
can I pm you for the location of this vegetable export company? I will love to work free of charge
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2016
Shakitibob0:
can I pm you for the location of this vegetable export company? I will love to work free of charge
Why for free? I did not realise I could have gotten valuable knowledge just by being there
grin . A few Nigerians want to know more about it

It is in Kenya. ...

http://www.airc.go.ke/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=128%3Aeverest-enterprises-ltd&catid=123%3Afruits-and-vegetables-exporters&Itemid=105
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Shakitibob0: 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2016
Muafrika2:

Why for free? I did not realise I could have gotten valuable knowledge just by being there
grin . A few Nigerians want to know more about it

It is in Kenya. ...

http://www.airc.go.ke/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=128%3Aeverest-enterprises-ltd&catid=123%3Afruits-and-vegetables-exporters&Itemid=105

oh I thought it is a Nigerian company... I actually want to try my hands on the export business... So I need learn first

Most teachers in Nigeria only want to give you a 2hrs lecture and that's all...
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
Shakitibob0:
oh I thought it is a Nigerian company... I actually want to try my hands on the export business... So I need learn first

Most teachers in Nigeria only want to give you a 2hrs lecture and that's all...

It's good to learn from experience.

Especially on logistics. Most of the produce end up in supermarkets abroad. its mostly because of the winter. So its a business that has high and low seasons.

Unfortunately I was there shortly and my position gave me limited access. Someone else asked me what I learned. This is what I told him, .. grin

The company was just a few minutes from the airport to avoid delay and vegetable staying on the road for too long

The vegetable vehicles/trucks were insulated by a second layer of metal sheet to condition the temperature inside.  

Vegetables were stored in a cold room after delivery from various farmers, and after packaging.  Part of the packaging was done in the cold room, the sealing, labelling and putting the small packs into cartons.

High standards of hygiene.  The employees were provided with white aprons,  head scarf and white gumboots every time they went in. The knives were always kept in a vegetable cleaning/ disinfectant liquid in cups. When the European buyers came to inspect, the boss made us wear gloves and use new knives cheesy

Work done on aluminium working tables. Just high enough for working on comfortably.  Workers stood on opposite sides of the table in rows of about 6 people. We worked on one crate of produce at a time, returned the crooked and unused produce in the crates which were labled according to the farmers. The unused beans were weighed and recorded by the supervisors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Shakitibob0: 12:42pm On Dec 11, 2016
Thanks muafrika2

I have tapped an inspiration from your post..I should start work ASAP...

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
Shakitibob0:
Thanks muafrika2

I have tapped an inspiration from your post..I should start work ASAP...
You're welcome,
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 14, 2016
Shakitibob0:
it appears you have got tones of experience working with these people

Yes ofcourse.
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 14, 2016
TheVictorious:

A FRIEND OF MINE ONCE TOLD ME OF HOW HE ONCE CHALLENGED HIS LEBANESE BOSS FOR POOR WORKING CONDITION OF THEIR WORKERS AND HIS FELLOW NIGERIANS WORKING THERE IMMEDIATELY ROSE UP TO CHALLENGE HIM, TO GAIN FAVOUR FROM THEIR BOSS!

You are very much correct dear and they all live as though their lives dépend solely in that particular job like cats inside cage. Their only hope of survival is thé monthly contributions carried out among themselves yet any attempt to involve labour union, thé same caged cats will be thé ones to report you. Thé thing is that many nigérian employées have been brainwashed.

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by adejosh3: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2016
CyberStalking:

thank God u tookoff fast. Pls mention the name of the company to save the younger ones the stress.
And for all those still comming behind. If you hear: BOND CHEMICALS Oyo & AFRICAN MARITIME ACADEMY Oyo & PRISM STEEL ROLLING MILL Ikirun
Pls run as fast as you can & take cover
pls is Africa maritime academy Ibadan not fake. because my sister got admission there.. please
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by CyberStalking: 7:20am On Jan 04, 2017
adejosh3:
pls is Africa maritime academy Ibadan not fake. because my sister got admission there.. please
salap my friend, your sis is a student who would soon findout the mess she has gotten into. And I never said the place is fake. For ur info cux i see u are a kíd, the adults working there r usually owed 5 months and get a cheque of half months with insults, dat inscribe enuf trauma in ones brain. Boy u ar stil eating mamapapa thanksir dats why u cnt knw.
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Ezionye(f): 9:42am On Jan 04, 2017
greenalwaz:
I thought I was d only ever face ds kind of inhumane treatment, after resigning from my former wrk cos of unpaid salary. I got another job..... was so happy, every1 around me wish me well knowning fully well I've bn waiting for it for long. But alas! d joy ddn't last...i must resume latest 4:40am and close by9pm, atimes 10pm. so I always wake up around 2:30am to tidy up d previous days report which I must submit to my MD office b4 7am..........left d place after one week. You don't sit down inside office, joke unnecessarily,receive done calls etc cos d oga@d top is watch with CCTV.... I broke down after one week..... I neva go bak.

Resume 4:40am?

What kind of job is that?
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by lollmaolol(m): 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
Samiceman:
Come on, I have worked with iSON BPO and the conditions aren't as bad as the op's. And besides you work for 8hrs, 5 days a week...

For how much salary?? Do u have health insurance, bonus and pension?
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Samiceman: 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
lollmaolol:

For how much salary?? Do u have health insurance, bonus and pension?
Yes, we had health insurance and pension.
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Merlinrocky: 1:16pm On May 25, 2021
[b][/b]
dawahlarry:

You said it all Sir. Nigerian Managers, HRs and Force Men under these coys always support these foreigners. I actually have a lot to say concerning this post but I can't afford to talk in vain without it yielding a positive result. Imagine people around you hailing anytime you manage to visit them because they know you work as an Engineer in a power generation company, but little do they know that you earn stipend and work 72 hours a week with tension under Indians. Just let me stop I cuz....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

His Experience With Female Banker(marketer) / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them. / #10YearsChallenge: Amazing Transformation Of This Union Bank Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.