Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Jose Mourinho: Man Utd Will Be Champions, This Year Or Next Year. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jose Mourinho: Man Utd Will Be Champions, This Year Or Next Year. (423 Views)

Ronaldo: I Can Choose To End Career Next Year Or I Can Play Until I'm 40 Or 41 / Kanu Motivate The Super Eagles: "Only Two Games To Be Champions, We Can Do This" / Jose Mourinho Falls At Wembley As England Loses To Spain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho: Man Utd Will Be Champions, This Year Or Next Year. by Princefrankie1(m): 8:45am On Dec 03, 2016
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho:
"THE DESTINATION FOR US IS TO BE CHAMPIONS."

Jose Mourinho insists he is building a title-winning side at Manchester United even if results this season suggest otherwise.

United have slipped 11 points behind leaders
Chelsea after their worst-ever start in the
Premier League era, with just 20 points from 13
games.

That poor run has seen United drop eight points in their last four home games in the Premier League, to effectively end any hope of
Mourinho winning the title in his debut season.

But Mourinho believes he has seen enough
progress in four months to convince him he has
the nucleus of a squad capable of delivering
United’s first title of the post- Sir Alex
Ferguson era.

“When I was speaking about destinations, I
think the destination for us is to be
champions,” said Mourinho.
“Maybe not this year, maybe we cannot do it. I
don’t know. In football, anything is possible, but
maybe we don’t do it.

“There’s a gap between us and the top of the
table but the destination is for us to be
champions. I don’t know when.

“Maybe next year, maybe this year, maybe in
two years’ time, maybe when I’m not here and
somebody else comes.But if we follow this direction, the destination is to be champions.
grin cheesy undecided

“Sometimes you win matches and you don’t
know the destination, you don’t know how the
future is going to be. Now, in our group, we
know the destination.”

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-champions.

What do you think football fans?
Is this man being reasonable or is he just finding excuses for his failure to deliver despite having the biggest and costliest squad in the whole of Europe.

Please mods push this to front page lets discuss football before the weekend games begin to go down. cool

(1) (Reply)

Emmanuel Amuneke Conferred With Chieftaincy Title In Eziokele / Tevez Signs For Shanghai Shenhua, Become Highest Paid Player In The World / Letter To My Unborn Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.